PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever ordered a Tennis Video?

Reichen
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:23 PM
From this website at least:

http://www.users.bigpond.com/tennisvideos1/

I was wondering of you know if they REALLY do send it, or if it's just a fake money trick.

MLF
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:26 PM
I placed an order with them and still haven't received anything after several weeks. However, they haven't cashed my cheque. I just think they must be really slow.

CNN mentioned & recommended them so I don't think they are fake.

GoDominique
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:31 PM
I ordered some at www.videoarc.net and it worked very well. :)

Unfortunately the site is down now "due to copyright problems". :(

Albireo
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:33 PM
I know that 'tennisvideos' (who posts here on occasion) does a great job, having bought a couple from him.

His e-mail:

tennisvideos1@bigpond.com

gorecki
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:44 PM
i have ordered a couple of tapes from them :)
happy with the quality of the recordings - esp. the more current matches [2000-present]

they are a tad slow, i presume it's might be due to the number of orders they have.

but they are very friendly: they replied my queries/informing me when my money order reached them/when they have sent the tapes to me.

'll get more tapes from them in the future. :)

destry
Oct 19th, 2003, 04:00 PM
i have ordered a couple of tapes from them :)
happy with the quality of the recordings - esp. the more current matches [2000-present]

they are a tad slow, i presume it's might be due to the number of orders they have.

but they are very friendly: they replied my queries/informing me when my money order reached them/when they have sent the tapes to me.

'll get more tapes from them in the future. :)

:wavey: Do you know if they sell VHS tapes in NTSC format? (North America).

Also, do they sell DVD's (Region 1)?

Thanks if anyone knows. :)

Roxers
Oct 19th, 2003, 04:01 PM
www.tennistapes.com

i orderd about 35 videos there

destry
Oct 19th, 2003, 04:05 PM
www.tennistapes.com

i orderd about 35 videos there

Thanks for the link :bigwave:

gorecki
Oct 19th, 2003, 04:07 PM
:wavey: Do you know if they sell VHS tapes in NTSC format? (North America).

Also, do they sell DVD's (Region 1)?

Thanks if anyone knows. :)
you can always email them and ask if they have tapes in NTSC

i've asked them about matches on DVD: not at the moment, but possibly in the near future

*JR*
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:12 PM
www.tennistapes.com

i orderd about 35 videos there Yeah, she's reliable but her webpage loads slowly. Better to e-mail (Chris) for a current list (tennistapes@hotmail.com). Fingon's got a decent tape biz, too so you could PM him on this board or go to his sites inc. http://www.justine-henin-hardenne.net, http://www.barbara-schett.net, OR my favorite site of his :p http://www.patty-schnyder.com :tape:

Jen'sFan
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:00 PM
I'm the same as MirjanaLfan, I've ordered 6 videos about 3 weeks ago and they havent cashed the cheque. I'm becoming a bit impatient with it cos i really wanna see martina hingis' matches when she won wimbeldon and US open and agassi's french open win and it is taking so long!

TennisHack
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:25 PM
I use Sports Resources (the link mentioned in the first post, and also the business that tennisvideos on the board here works for). I live in North America -- YES, they will record the match into our tape format at no extra cost.

They are always extremely busy especially after the Slams and Davis Cup, but they will send your tapes to you. You can always email them and ask them about the status of your order, they are very friendly. You also have to realize that it takes about a week for them to receive your money and another week for them to send the tapes (since its overseas).

Reichen
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:29 PM
Thanks a lot, but I have 2 questions:

1. What is NTSC format(I live in the U.S., but am unaware about this)

2. How much is it?

TennisHack
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:35 PM
1. What is NTSC format(I live in the U.S., but am unaware about this)

That's the format of North American VHS tapes. The rest of the world uses the PAL format. Basically, it's a question of how VCRs are programmed. You can watch PAL tapes on a VCR with NTSC format but it's not very pretty (usually black and white, and grainy).

2. How much is it?

How much is what? The format is just the one we have. It doesn't make the tapes cost anymore, because you are paying for a copy of the master tape. As far as I know, 1 tape from Sports Resources is $30 American. I think there are deals if you get more than 1 (and you can get more than 1 match on a tape if it will fit).

SJW
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:42 PM
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/JPooley/homepage.htm

this guy is very good. i sent a cheque and he sent the video 3 working days after receiving it. it says "Steffi Graf videos" but he has loads of others, email him, or check out "other videos". his prices are very reasonable too :)

TennisHack
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:51 PM
From SJW's link, here's an explanation about the formats:

All tapes are VHS but different areas of the world use different formats. PAL is used in Western Europe, Australasia, China, Argentina. NTSC is used in North America, Japan, Korea. SECAM is used in Greece, Middle East, former Soviet Bloc, France (I think all videos in France are dual standard and will play PAL tapes). The 3 systems are not compatible. SECAM tapes will play on PAL machines but the picture will be in black and white. PAL tapes will not play on NTSC machines and vice versa. Tapes can be converted from one system to another but it takes special equipment to do it.

*JR*
Oct 19th, 2003, 09:05 PM
They'll be DVD's soon enuff, I presume. That's a uniform worldwide standard, right?

Kart
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:08 PM
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/JPooley/homepage.htm

this guy is very good. i sent a cheque and he sent the video 3 working days after receiving it. it says "Steffi Graf videos" but he has loads of others, email him, or check out "other videos". his prices are very reasonable too :)

I second that :yeah: - it doesn't cost much and he sends them off pretty quickly.

If you're a Steffi or Martina H fan in the UK it's a great opportunity. If you're not, he's probably still got something you'd like.

Reichen
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:32 PM
I second that :yeah: - it doesn't cost much and he sends them off pretty quickly.

If you're a Steffi or Martina H fan in the UK it's a great opportunity. If you're not, he's probably still got something you'd like.

Are the tapes in good quality?

TennisHack
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:35 PM
They'll be DVD's soon enuff, I presume. That's a uniform worldwide standard, right?

DVD's have regions but you can buy a multiregion player.

Kart
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:38 PM
Are the tapes in good quality?

The tapes are fine. The original recordings themselves are variable quality, but when he sent me the list of matches he had also rated each one as to how good the quality. I have had no problem with viewing any of them.

tennisvideos
Oct 20th, 2003, 01:55 AM
I do know that Sports Resources have been on holidays for a few weeks but are now back. If you are waiting on an order just email them at:
tennis.videos@macunlimited.net