PDA

View Full Version : Which Grand Slam was the best this year?

JennyS
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:11 PM
Of the four majors, which Grand Slam do you think was the highest quality tournament this year?

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:13 PM
Oz open.....don´t really think the Open was the great...how can any slam be good without a Williams?!

Filip!
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Roland Garros

JennyS
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:19 PM
I'm thinking the Oz was the best tournament this year also, even though Jen lost early and I was bummed. But it had so many amazing storylines including:

1. Andy Roddick coming back from 2 sets to none for the first time
2. The Andy/Younes match-a classic
3. Serena "winning ugly" against Loit and coming back against Kim
4. The first three set Williams sisters final- I think it was their most compelling match
5. The Serena Slam

etc.

Kart
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:21 PM
Even though it is rarely my favourite slam, I have to vote for Wimbledon - the re-emergence of Venus Williams as seriously committed to winning again in her QF and semi were great viewing :D.

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:22 PM
I'm thinking the Oz was the best tournament this year also, even though Jen lost early and I was bummed. But it had so many amazing storylines including:

1. Andy Roddick coming back from 2 sets to none for the first time
2. The Andy/Younes match-a classic
3. Serena "winning ugly" against Loit and coming back against Kim
4. The first three set Williams sisters final- I think it was their most compelling match
5. The Serena Slam

etc.

exactly...so many history made. Agassi surpassing -johnny mac...Serena and Venus showing that they can get emotional and intense against each other...

GoDominique
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:22 PM
Definitely AO - at least for me.

Lady
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:28 PM
RG for me!!
Interesting quaters, semi, huge upsets, Russian in the semi!!
Justine winning the whole thing!!
Aus Open is the 2nd choice!!!

Experimentee
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:28 PM
I think Wimbledon had a lot of good quality matches too. The Williams sisters, Capriati, Davenport and Belgians were al healthy and playing well, and there were other rivals like Petrova who was in good form, and Sharapova, Asagoe and Kuznetsova. Federer, Roddick, Agassi and Scud were also playing at a very high level and made some great matches.
The Aus Open was also good mainly bc of the Roddick-Younes match and Agassis perfect play throughout the two weeks. The Serena-Loit match and Serena-Kim had high drama, but i dont think they were good in terrms of quality.

wongqks
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:29 PM
Aus Open is really good, lots of good match on men and women