PDA

View Full Version : Jelena crying during her acceptance speech

Josh
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:32 PM
Poor girl! :sad:

She started crying when she thanked her coach for sticking by her during the rough times.

Good luck Jelena. :)

Hingiswinsthis
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:33 PM
well this is a good thing, this tournament is symbolic for Jelena Dokic's return:D Ge Jelena! Free Your Self!!!:)

treufreund
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:33 PM
be proud JELENA!! NOTHING ON THIS EARTH was gonna DENY JUSTINE today!!! Great tourney Jelena!!!

Astro Jetson
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:35 PM
:sad: I saw it too :sad:

She had an amazing week though! Cheer up Jelena!

And like Justine said in her speech: "I wanna congratulate Jelena, she played an unbelievable week and its great to see her back at this level"

:bounce:

~RedRose~
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:37 PM
That is soooo sweet! WE LUV U JELENA!! Thanx for the nice comments Justine .... Can someone tell us wat Dokic said?

mandy7
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:38 PM
I liked Jelena already but after this final.. I like her even more...

treufreund
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:39 PM
:sad: I saw it too :sad:

She had an amazing week though! Cheer up Jelena!

And like Justine said in her speech: "I wanna congratulate Jelena, she played an unbelievable week and its great to see her back at this level"

:bounce:

Justine :angel:

Josh
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:39 PM
Jelena said that she had a great week and played some of her best tennis. She enjoyed her win over the #1 yesterday very much and she thanked the crowd for their support.
Then she congratulated Justine and said that it must be a great feeling to be #1.
And lastly she thanked the tournament and sponsors and her coach for sticking by her during the rough times and started crying. :sad:

Chance
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:41 PM
a year ago Jelena told the tournament officials to not let her parents access to the lockerroom- was this the same tournament or was it a German tournament??

A lot has happend to her in the last year, hopefully this week has given her confidence and motivation for the future. Hope to see her at the AusOpen.

Joana
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:45 PM
a year ago Jelena told the tournament officials to not let her parents access to the lockerroom- was this the same tournament or was it a German tournament??

A lot has happend to her in the last year, hopefully this week has given her confidence and motivation for the future. Hope to see her at the AusOpen.

It happened at Filderstadt, but anyway, it's good to see that she's finally managed to get herself together. I don't like her, but she's good for tennis in Yugoslavia, so I'm glad she's done this.

Filip!
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:45 PM
It was very emotional when Jelena was speeching. I really like her, let's hope she's back! She had a great tournament and it was not a shame at all to lose against the new #1 in the world!

pReUrBrIyN
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:47 PM
poor Jelena :sad:

vutt
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:51 PM
:sad:

but still good week 4 You

Lady
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:52 PM
It was an unbelievable week for both Jelena & Justine fans!!!
I believe Jelena's fans only could dreamed for Jelena winning a couple consecutive matches last week, and this week she's in the final of Tier I again!!
I hope she'll play that good next week either!!
Congrats to Jelena & her fans!! :bounce: :woohoo:

Harju.
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:56 PM
Jelena :sad: Good Luck! :)

wongqks
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Keep it up Jelena :)

Kart
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:59 PM

:yeah: Justine.

treufreund
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:02 PM
It happened at Filderstadt, but anyway, it's good to see that she's finally managed to get herself together. I don't like her, but she's good for tennis in Yugoslavia, so I'm glad she's done this.

Joana, I think you are one of the few Southern Slavs (assuming you are one) who does not simply root for someone because she is from your country. I kinda respect that cuz it means you have your own thoughts.

I am warming up a little on Dokic now and agree it's glad to see her doing a bit better. ALSO ALLEZ MARY PIERCE!!!

Astro Jetson
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:03 PM
:yeah: Justine.

Yep, Justine and Jelena were very nice to each other. At the net they both smiled (Justine more of course), and put their arms around each other. It all seemed very sincere. Maybe it's because they both had troubles. And their speeches were just :angel:

Julian
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:04 PM
Hopefully this will fuel Jelena's amazing rise back to the top! GO JELENA! You have done us proud this week! :) :bounce:

Congrats to the new #1 Justine, definitely well deserved and nice thing she said to Jelena. :)

snoop
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Jelena :kiss: fantastic week :) :)

Filip!
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Yep, they were very nice for each other. It should be this way always. Great girls!

Roxers
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:23 PM
:awww: Jelena

FANTASTIC week :) its great to see you back playing great tennis jelena :D dont worry you will win other titles :D

propi
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:24 PM
I want to see her back to the top, where she naturally belongs :D

DEETHELICK
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:36 PM
Nice words from Justine and great stuff from Jelena!!

Good luck to both girls! :)

It'd be amazing if Jelena made it to the YEC. How can she do it??

Come-on-kim
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:46 PM
Jelly :sad: I'm so proud of her! she's always been on my fave players :kiss:

switz
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:48 PM
Nice words from Justine and great stuff from Jelena!!

Good luck to both girls! :)

It'd be amazing if Jelena made it to the YEC. How can she do it??

she can't even come close i wouldn't think. she would need to win linz and and the advanta championships and then have a few people drop out because it's top 8 this year.

great week from dokic. i'm happy to see that she beat kim because it meant that her demolition of patty was partly due to her playing really well and just patty going back a step.

hope she both plays the aus open and also plays for australia, because we certainly need her.

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:49 PM
Great week for Jelena. I'm really pleased to see her back at the top level.

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:52 PM
JELENA :sad:

Who's coaching her now? Bicic still?

I'm so proud of Jelena this week, even though she lost the Final. Hopefully she keeps it up! GO JELENA!!!!!!!!!!!! SHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kart
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Yep, Justine and Jelena were very nice to each other. At the net they both smiled (Justine more of course), and put their arms around each other. It all seemed very sincere. Maybe it's because they both had troubles. And their speeches were just :angel:

That's nice to hear - I wasn't planning on watching the match but I might try to catch the end of it. It's nice to see rivals getting along well :D.

Havok
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:01 PM
YAY JELENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so proud of you, this week will do you some good. get that confience back, get back to that top spot where you belong, and play at the Australian Open:bounce:SHOO!!!

Infiniti2001
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:18 PM
While I think it's too soon to start building castles , I must commend Jelena for her great week :bigclap: Four years ago, she looked like she was on track to be exactly where Kim is at today. She was just as good. She's got the game; she's just been in this miserable slump which I suspect has something to do with what's going on in her life. :tape: Good luck to her in the future :p

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:22 PM
:sad: Im glad Jelena could finally poor her emotions out :)

slice
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:37 PM
well ppl who have foxtel in oz get to watch the semis and final of this tournie :D can u believe it? they r actually televising wta events in australia :angel: :banana:

so i cant wait to c jelena beat kim and c her speech in the finals! :D

Rtael
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:41 PM
Hm......who thinks we'll see a Justine/Jelly doubles team?

Well, me neither, but we can hope, can't we?

jenny161185
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:43 PM
good thing about next year - if she plays at a high level again - she has zilch points to defend - PLAY AUSTRALIA!

PatM04
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Congrats to her in a very sucessful week!

UDiTY
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:59 PM
I am soo proud of Jelena!!! :worship:

It almost makes me wanna cry... :sad:

Such an incredible week, I really hope she performs well for the rest of her career cuz everyone knows she belongs in the top 10, maybe even top 5.

Nice comments by JuJu also, that's my girl. ;)

jd4eva
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:02 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20031019/capt.zur12610191705.swisscom_challenge_zur126.jpg

An emotional Jelena Dokic after losing her final match at the Swisscom Challenge.

Congrats to Justine and well done to Jelena on a great week!

mandy7
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:24 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20031019/capt.zur12610191705.swisscom_challenge_zur126.jpg

An emotional Jelena Dokic after losing her final match at the Swisscom Challenge.

Congrats to Justine and well done to Jelena on a great week!

I thought it was sweet :unsure:

jd4eva
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:33 PM
What do you mean?

beauty_is_pink
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:37 PM
:crying2:
how cute is that?!

man now I wanna cry!!!

does anyone have a link to it or something? i would like to see it.

Jelena!!! :hug: so proud of you!!! congrats!!! even if you loss, i consider u the winner :)

jd4eva
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:52 PM
i agree beauty_is_pink

everyone has been abusing jelena over the past few months about her results but they never ever considered that maybe she's human after all. i think this outporuing of her emotions is both an acceptance of who she is and an affirmation of what is yet to come.

go jelena!