PDA

View Full Version : Should Kim Admit She Is Not The Best?

anton
Oct 19th, 2003, 10:57 AM
What do you think? Or will the rankings finally even out?

CamilleVidann
Oct 19th, 2003, 10:59 AM
She has already admitted that she isn't the best by saying Serena is the one. I don't think she pays that much attention to rankings anyways. I think it's better for her to start losing some matches in regular tour events rather then the finals of grand slams. She has always peeked in warm up events and fell short when it really counts.

anton
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:01 AM
I agree. I hope Kim can play better in the slams in 2004. It would be more fun if she did not suffer a mental collapse in every grand slam...

azza
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:02 AM
Kim is still number 1 :D

*JR*
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:14 AM
In '01, the now "Mrs. Leach from Newport Beach" (a 3 time Slam winner, BTW) finished as the statistical #1. And then "CCL" (Classy Californian Linzi :D) promptly acknowledged that Venus had played the best that year. :)

maryjane
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:22 AM
that's a stupid threa.she's doing her best and she's n.1 for the ranking why should she admit she's not?
at her place u should admit it?

Frongie
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:32 AM
Well, then does Chanda Rubin have to admit/justify that she is not worthy of a 10th ranked player? :rolleyes:

propi
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:36 AM
Yesterday I saw a report on Eurosport where she said Justine is number 1 so she's already done it

irma
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:40 AM
yeah and then we will trow rotten eggs and tomatoes to her head

Mercury Rising
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:15 PM
She sais it in almost every damn interview :rolleyes: while I think she should never say that.

*JR*
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:28 PM
that's a stupid threa.she's doing her best and she's n.1 for the ranking why should she admit she's not?
at her place u should admit it?

Who said she's not doing her best?
I'm glad some other posts confirm she does "admit it". Why? Because it's true, REGARDLESS of whether you're for Kim, Juju, Jen, Serena, or the return of the 1992 versions of Steffi and Monica, etc.

anton
Oct 20th, 2003, 01:19 AM
jolly roger your statements about wildcards doesnt hold water.

1-players with "tennis achievements" can play through the qualifing and win matches so they should still get what's coming to them

2-tennis is a business so tournament directors need to make money or the tournament goes out of business so they give WCs to players who attract sponsors and sell tickets?

How do you think Elke Clijsters gets so many wildcards?

switz
Oct 20th, 2003, 01:29 AM
Well, then does Chanda Rubin have to admit/justify that she is not worthy of a 10th ranked player? :rolleyes:

why isn't she?? she's won 2 titles this year and made two finals, with wins over henin, mauresmo, capraiti, dementieva and has been forced to sit out long periods of the season three times this year. she still has 600 points lead over number 11 in the world as well. stop trying to bring other players down just because you favourite was criticised.

spencercarlos
Oct 20th, 2003, 01:32 AM
Sorry but i don`t agree with this statement.. because its not like Kim says she is the BEST...

Still i want to see how Henin acts as number one... :devil:

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:33 AM
It all evens out. Relax.

skanky~skanketta
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:48 AM
please win the Aussie Open next year kim. PLEASE!

ys
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:23 AM
Sorry but i don`t agree with this statement.. because its not like Kim says she is the BEST...

Still i want to see how Henin acts as number one... :devil:

Her acting on court while not being #1 was artful. But as #1 she has not got much time to act. Clijsters will be ranked #1 again in seven days.

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 20th, 2003, 06:33 AM
Yeah, but I think we can look forward to more stints at # 1 for the li'l Belgian devil.

Smart
Oct 20th, 2003, 08:30 AM
Yes, she should admit.