PDA

View Full Version : People who thought that Dokic could beat Henin were delusional !!!

Bamburach
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:31 AM
No way, no way that Dokic can beat H-H today. Yes, she has picked her game up but mentally she is the same insecure player. Look at the 1st set against Clijsters: she was squashed like a bug crossing the street.
And, then, she started hitting like a lumberjack, going for every shot without any game plan, just hitting every ball as hard as possible. That may work for one match but there is no chance she can repeat that. Henin needs just to return some of those "let's finish the point with one punch" balls and she'll be fine...

alexusjonesfan
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:33 AM
And, then, she started hitting like a lumberjack, going for every shot without any game plan, just hitting every ball as hard as possible. That may work for one match but there is no chance she can repeat that.

lol, she's already repeated it...twice :o

UDiTY
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:37 AM

I agree, if Jelena can beat JuJu on clay she can beat her anywhere. If Justine plays her best, of course she'll win...but Jelena can beat her, don't count her out. :p

spooky
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:00 AM
People didn't think she could beat Kim and look what. Dokic will take this title home.

Jericho
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:03 AM
I think she doesnt have as much a chance as she did against clijsters, not because justine is better, but because dokic really came out of nowhere to beat clijsters, so justine wont take dokic lightly

firefly_ac
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:06 AM
I believe that Justine will win..however,it would be a pleasant surprise if Dokic wins..:>

LucasArg
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:08 AM
I believe Jelena can beat Justine. If her game is up why not?

gladysharon
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:11 AM
Look at the 1st set against Clijsters: she was squashed like a bug crossing the street.
And, then, she started hitting like a lumberjack, going for every shot without any game plan, just hitting every ball as hard as possible. That may work for one match but there is no chance she can repeat that. Henin needs just to return some of those "let's finish the point with one punch" balls and she'll be fine...

LOL I love your description! :lol:

Jeff
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:16 AM
Jelena definetly has a chance

Bamburach
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:18 AM

I didn't see the match against Chanda

Stevenson match was one of the worst matches I've ever seen. The quality of play was at shameful level.

In QF Schnyder played like shit. And in 2nd set Dokic was almost confused with Patty's poor play that she didn't know what to do: kill the ball, or just wait.

I don't see any guarantee that Dokic is going to be in positive mood today.

Bamburach
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:25 AM
People didn't think she could beat Kim and look what. Dokic will take this title home.

The match Clijsters - Dokic was a classic 'Big Favorite vs Underdog' match. Dokic didn't think she has a chance and trew all caution to the wind. But today Dokic will expect to have some chances of winning and that will do her no good...

SuperG
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:33 AM

Stevenson match was one of the worst matches I've ever seen. The quality of play was at shameful level.

In QF Schnyder played like shit. And in 2nd set Dokic was almost confused with Patty's poor play that she didn't know what to do: kill the ball, or just wait.

you forgot to mention that Kim was tired..... :kiss:
and do not forget to post that Justine was injured after Jelena blew her off court :lol:

Gowza
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:38 AM
from what i heard justine is extremely tired so don't count out jelena.

sunnysideup
Oct 19th, 2003, 07:47 AM
Justine will give it her all and this is indeed her best chance to nail the number one ranking, which she really deserve.;)

Dokic's only chance is to serve well, otherwise, she'll be moved from side to side like a mad woman scrambling just to hit a ball.:devil:

Bamburach
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:06 AM
and do not forget to post that Justine was injured after Jelena blew her off court :lol:

I think that Henin blew Dokic off the court when Dokic was injured: Amelia Island: 6/2,4/1 ret. Dokic

switz
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:28 AM
dokic will win 6-0, 6-0

maryjane
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:40 AM
why delusional???
i mean,for sure juju is the favorie one and i think she'll win 'cos she's stronger than jelena but u can't say us we don't have to hope in a jelena's victory...
a match is never lost before the last point,my dear.
i really hope jelena wins today for people like you.

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:44 AM
Some people are going to have egg on their face one way or another in a few hours.

Allez jujui!

But put up a good fight, Jelena.

caramel
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:47 AM
There can be miracles if you believe. If Jelena can beat the Kimbonator she can also beat the Justinonator. ;)

skanky~skanketta
Oct 19th, 2003, 09:29 AM
i really want justine to win, sao she can say that she was world #1 for at least a WEEK!but she's tired and has an inflammed knee tendon. and jelena is on some serious fire now. dammnit.

rottweily
Oct 19th, 2003, 09:41 AM
Justine is too smart.

per4ever
Oct 19th, 2003, 10:10 AM
Jelena can beat this Justine. I hope she doesn't.

Fyndh0rnElf
Oct 19th, 2003, 10:27 AM
No way, no way that Dokic can beat H-H today. Yes, she has picked her game up but mentally she is the same insecure player. Look at the 1st set against Clijsters: she was squashed like a bug crossing the street.

You retard, Dokic shortened the points to have a chance, after she tried to run around Kim without success. You make it sound like it was all power. It's not like she wore Kim down with power. It was more like she broke Kim's rythm and finished the points before Kim had a chance to defend and turn points around

H-H is the favourite to win the match today, but that's what makes Dokic even more dangerous

Jakeev
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:28 PM
Dokic's main problem in her game is her head.

If she could get her act together and start learning how to dictate points match in and out, she could, and probably should, beat top players, or at least challenge them, on a consistent basis.

Either way, Hardenne should probably win the match, but I would not count Jelena out of it.

Linda Owens
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:43 PM

Yes Bambarach!!!! Thats just why the commentators said she played a flawless match and had absolutely nothing bad to comment on her game for a set and a half!!!!!

by the way if Jelena just goes for her winner shots all the time, how the hell did she beat Clijsters who runs every ball down!
Did u comment or note how badly Henin played against Petrova in the semis!! NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (she played like shit and ofcourse to cover it she brings in her injury excuse)

Henin is a cheater, u watch she will do it again tmr to try and frustrate DOkic, but Jelena doesnt get frustrated by petty lies and cheats so Henin will probably cite a really bad injury when she loses and not complement Dokic at all, as usual!!

Go Dokic!!!! u can beat her!!

dokic 6-1 6-4

Linda Owens
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:45 PM

Yes SUper G!!! Henin always cites an injury after a loss, get used to it

Bamburach
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:22 PM
I hate to say "I told you so" but...yeah

treufreund
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:33 PM
now, now simmer down folks, simmer down.

bee
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:33 PM
She should be credited for reaching the final ..even though she lost to justine... after playing horribly these past few months... just to reach the final is a nice achivement.. :) :)

Lady
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:09 PM
Go Dokic!!!! u can beat her!!

dokic 6-1 6-4

Oh!! You were so close with your prediction...Only you got the winner wrong :lol:

Filip!
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:16 PM
Justine is still the girl to beat right now. She stayed concentrated and was able to handle the pressure. Jelena needs consistency in her game. She made some points like a top 10-player. She just needs to build in consistency again and we 'll see her back in the top 10!