PDA

View Full Version : I Think Jelena Can Win Swisscom

lizchris
Oct 18th, 2003, 06:42 PM
After he surprise win over Kim and an unimpressive win by Justine over Nadia (who could have made the match interesting if not for her poor serving), I think Jelena could win tomorrow.

BTW, if Justine loses, will she still be number one?

ZAK
Oct 18th, 2003, 06:45 PM
BTW, if Justine loses, will she still be number one?

No.

lizchris
Oct 18th, 2003, 06:49 PM
Than you.

I thougt Justine had a better chance this week to get to number one due to Kim's ankle, but who knows?

DEETHELICK
Oct 18th, 2003, 07:21 PM
I stated previously that I thought Jelena could upset Kim. I also believed that Jelena would beat Patty.

I seriously believe that Jelena will upset Justine tomorrow. That girl is ranked way too low for my liking (and I'm not even a fan....)

Allez-H
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:30 PM
No way.That's just part of Justine's strategy.She wins her semifinal and afterwoulds she says that she's fysicaly very tired,that she's injured and that she had to take IV-fluids.And the next day she comes out firing.;)

alexusjonesfan
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:52 PM
No way.That's just part of Justine's strategy.She wins her semifinal and afterwoulds she says that she's fysicaly very tired,that she's injured and that she had to take IV-fluids.And the next day she comes out firing.;)

Don't give Toonje more crap to fling around :p

bandabou
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:00 PM

:lol:

lizchris
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:31 PM

If that's the case, then why didn't she win on Sunday against Kim?

Jarrett
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:36 PM
Yes! Go Jelena!

gmak
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:37 PM
good luck jelena :)

pigam
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:37 PM
If that's the case, then why didn't she win on Sunday against Kim?
her coach had to remind her about those tactics ;) she's nothing without him :rolleyes:

Smart
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:40 PM
Dokic can win but it will be tough coz Jelena cannot play similar to today's Jelena. Jelena had a big variety in the rhythm of today's match. In fact it was 'cause of the item that she won. Justine knows Jelena's tactic and it will not surprise her any longer.

Kim was tired 'cause of the doubles but, of course, it isn't a reason coz she could have withdrawn from doubles. Jelena has a good week behind her and motivation is high. She is alraedy an experienced players and knows what to do against Juju.

However, I am quite sure that Justine wins.

ys
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:47 PM
And suddenly, if she wins tomorrow, Jelena is also with some outside chance for YECs.. How ironic now, that just fe days ago we talked about Seat Open draw being stronger than Tier II Linz draw, and now suddenly Linz turns into a YEC last berth battlefield between Myskina, Zvonareva, Petrova, Dokic and Sugiyama, while Chanda enjoys an easy draw at Seat Open. I am sure either of those 5, except for Dokic, who needs big points, would have happily bailed out now from Linz to play Seat Open..

Smart
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:49 PM
Dokic deserves to be in the Championships. She is much better than many top 15 players.

justine&coria
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:59 PM
Of course, jelena has a chance ! That's for sure.

But, I don't think Justine will let her win this.

Greenout
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:59 AM
Yeah, off course. SWISSCOM is a great tournament.
If Patty can win it, why can't Jelena? It's become the
cool darkhorse tournament of the tour now. :)

Kart
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:04 AM
If Justine is as tired as everyone seems to be saying then I guess Jelena is in with a chance.

I'm not a Jelena fan but she's clearly playing well. Justine had better not underestimate her (and in a way hopefully she'll have to play like the no.1 player to become it).

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:08 AM

Juju is so evil. ;)

Cybelle Darkholme
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:34 AM
Get He Jelena Take The Enfant Terrible Down!!

nygirl
Oct 19th, 2003, 10:20 AM
Get He Jelena Take The Enfant Terrible Down!!

Bitter much? :rolleyes:

7~LV3
Oct 19th, 2003, 10:31 AM
weird that even thought justine stays longer in a tournament, and while Jelana has played ??28?? tournies... why couldnt Jelana be as tired as Justine ??

CamilleVidann
Oct 19th, 2003, 10:57 AM
Jelena can win it but she won't. Juju will be just too good for Jelena. Everything has to go Jelena's way for her to win. Justine will have to be completely off and Jelena will have to use more brains then she has done most of the year.
I predict it will be a lopsided one won by Juju like 1 and 1.

azza
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:54 AM
shes just lost the 1st set 6-0 .....

Allez-H
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:49 PM
I Told You Guys That She Would Come Out Firing!!!!!!!!

Fedcup
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:59 PM
weird that even thought justine stays longer in a tournament, and while Jelana has played ??28?? tournies... why couldnt Jelana be as tired as Justine ??

Cause most mathes Justine played where on a high level, big important matches against big important players.

You can even say that playing one quarterfinal in a GS = the same intensity as playing 5 matches in Tier 2,3 touyneys. And certainly if it's only the first or second round!!!

That's the reason why Justine is more tired. Btw Justine played around 80 mathces this year. How much did Jelena played?