PDA

View Full Version : Kim: "I was tired."

bandabou
Oct 18th, 2003, 07:27 PM
This is the second time already in less than a month that Kim blames a loss to tiredness! Where is all the sportsmanship now?!

Venus Forever
Oct 18th, 2003, 07:28 PM
This is the second time already in less than a month that Kim blames a loss to tiredness! Where is all the sportsmanship now?!

Kim's an angel.

Whatever she says is always right. ;)

:angel:

bandabou
Oct 18th, 2003, 07:30 PM
Kim's an angel.

Whatever she says is always right. ;)

:angel:

Guess so...the Kim fans were all over Serena last year, but turns out Kimīs doing it even more than Serena!

JennyS
Oct 18th, 2003, 07:31 PM
She should be tired. She's played a ton of matches this season. Between her singles and doubles matches, she's played over a hundred matches.

Wojtek
Oct 18th, 2003, 07:31 PM

Tired Kim is playing Luxembourg :lol:

Martian KC
Oct 18th, 2003, 07:32 PM
To be fair, you guys do complain about how much tournaments she plays.;)

Venus Forever
Oct 18th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Tired Kim is playing Luxembourg :lol:

Then on to LA, not to mention the Jet Lag.

bandabou
Oct 18th, 2003, 07:35 PM
But wasnīt it bad of Serena to "blame" a loss to tiredness?! Whatīs the difference. If Kim chooses to play that many matches it here choice.....shouldnīt be blaming her losses to it.

Tratree
Oct 18th, 2003, 07:36 PM
It was bullshit when Jen said it a few weeks ago, it's bullshit for Kim to use it now. If you're that tired, don't play. It's that easy.

treufreund
Oct 18th, 2003, 07:41 PM
It was bullshit when Jen said it a few weeks ago, it's bullshit for Kim to use it now. If you're that tired, don't play. It's that easy.

oh,yes, it's all so easy. :rolleyes: she should just not walk on to the court and just let the fans down??? besides, she does not know whether Dokic is tired?? she can still win even if she is tired.

look at justine beating Nadia today despite being tired and winning the US open with VERY LITTLE RECOVERY after one of the best, most grueling, most classic matches of all time. I guess she should not have even given it a try... :rolleyes:

Saying "I was tired" is normal. Not a crime. Partly, kim saying she got tired acknowledges how well Jelena played to get kim to that point. jelena could have folded after that first set but she fought and got kim to the point where her game broke down and that says something about Dokic's improved consistency which has always been her main weakness.

rhz
Oct 18th, 2003, 07:43 PM
if she was tired, why the hell is she doing playing luxembourg??

treufreund
Oct 18th, 2003, 07:45 PM
she should skip luxembourg. BUT she knows she has sunday and probably a couple of days off and fewer very tough opponents there. kim feels a duty to play there and that is one thing that makes her a great #1 in the world.

nonetheless I think she should pull out, YET

I RESPECT her CLASSINESS in playing there! :angel:

Toontje
Oct 18th, 2003, 07:53 PM
She likes to play in Luxemburg.......she won her first WTA tournament in Luxemburg........and Sisters Elke and Kirsten Flipkens also play in Luxemburg. :)

Venus Forever
Oct 18th, 2003, 07:55 PM
The excuses are still flying.

Infiniti2001
Oct 18th, 2003, 07:59 PM
Good Lord!! Why must everything become a federal case on this board??? To Kim's credit she's been playing doubles as well--- so what if she says she's tired??

Long season takes its toll on Clijsters

By Will Gray

ZURICH, Oct 18 (Reuters) - World number one Kim Clijsters said she had played "one match too many" in a tiring season after she lost in the Swisscom Challenge semi-finals to Jelena Dokic on Saturday.

"Right now I am mentally and physically tired," said Clijsters after being beaten 1-6 6-3 6-4. "I do not think I recovered very well after playing a late doubles match last night and this was one match too many."

Clijsters's loss -- only her 12th in 93 matches this year -- gave her compatriot Justine Henin-Hardenne the chance to steal the number one spot if she can beat Yugoslav Dokic in Sunday's final.

"I will be happy for her if she does it," Clijsters said. "I have always said that if it had to change then it should go to another Belgian.

"She has had a great year and she is probably the most improved player on the Tour this season."

Clijsters, who regularly plays doubles, is the first woman since Martina Navratilova in 1986 to play more than 90 matches in a year.

She dropped out one round earlier last year in Zurich when she lost to eventual runner-up Lindsay Davenport in the quarter-finals after being distracted by playing the dice game Yahtzee into the night with her boyfriend, men's world number eight Lleyton Hewitt.

This year Hewitt was not around and the Belgian progressed through the tournament with a bye in the first round and victories over Slovenians Katarina Srebotnik and Tina Pisnik for the loss of just nine games.

Clijsters's tennis has been energetic all week and before her semi-final she joked: "No Yahtzee, that's why. Last year it was a lot of fun but sometimes until 12 o'clock at night we just keep playing Yahtzee."

nygirl
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:09 PM
I don't think she looked tired, but I guess the season could've caught up to her as well. In all fairness she did play a hell of a lot of tennis this year. I think she didn't do a good job with her shedule. She goes around winning a lot of tournaments in lower tiers and then being washed out (be it phsycally or mentally) in the more important tourneys.

Giuliano
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:14 PM
You guys blind me with the constructivity of your threads.

treufreund
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:16 PM
hmmm, kim did not do a good job with her schedule? guess a slew of titles, finals appearances and the #1 ranking suck... :confused:

bandabou
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:22 PM
I hope that the next time a Williams-sister says she is tired, the people here will react the same way as they are doing now.

JennyS
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:23 PM

I don't agree with that. The players have pressure on them to play for ranking and race points. At the time Jen played Moscow and Filderstadt, it looked like there was a chance that she might not even qualify for LA.

Pete Sampras said back in 98 that the reason he played the indoor season was so he could finish the year ranked #1. After that, he never played more than 2 fall events again.

And why wouldn't a 27-year-old be tired 9-10 months into the season?

nygirl
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:26 PM
hmmm, kim did not do a good job with her schedule? guess a slew of titles, finals appearances and the #1 ranking suck... :confused:

That's not what I meant, she does have a lot of titles but most of them are Tier II or lower. She only won 1 big title this year (Tier I). Then last week she won Filderstadt (Tier II) and now doesn't reach the final of a Tier I.

TeeRexx
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:26 PM
Come on, Jelena could not have won unless Kim was pooped. Right? :rolleyes: :lol:

I wonder does she ever get tired when she wins? :)

treufreund
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:28 PM
chanda, patty, kim and alexandra were all just soooo tired when Jelena played them. all those matches that alex, chanda and patty have been playing recently really wore them out. :haha:

bandabou
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:29 PM
Come on, Jelena could not have won unless Kim was pooped. Right? :rolleyes: :lol:

I wonder does she ever get tired when she wins? :)

Funny indeed.....I guess if she had lost last week she would have been tired too!

nygirl
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:31 PM
I hope that the next time a Williams-sister says she is tired, the people here will react the same way as they are doing now.

The difference between the WS and the other players is the amount of tournaments played. If either Venus or Serena says she's tired having played only 7 or so tourneys in a year than that's very different from someone who played 17 tournaments, no??

Toontje
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:32 PM
That's not what I meant, she does have a lot of titles but most of them are Tier II or lower. She only won 1 big title this year (Tier I). Then last week she won Filderstadt (Tier II) and now doesn't reach the final of a Tier I.

Filderstadt did have more higher ranked players then Zurich this week.
Difference between Tier I or Tier II doesn't mean much.

bandabou
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:33 PM
The difference between the WS and the other players is the amount of tournaments played. If either Venus or Serena says she's tired having played only 7 or so tourneys in a year than that's very different from someone who played 17 tournaments, no??

Non-sense....if you play you are not tired,no?! Isnīt it by CHOICE that someone plays that much?!

And last year Serena played thirteen tournaments right?!

gweeny
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:36 PM
I wish Serena, Kim and others will not use the tired excuse. Even if it true, it is an insult to the opponent who beat you. I am sure that if Kim was fresh, she probably would have beat Dokic, but that excuse of tiredness is lame. Don't play as much tennis, it is that simple.

Toontje
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:40 PM
I wish Serena, Kim and others will not use the tired excuse. Even if it true, it is an insult to the opponent who beat you. I am sure that if Kim was fresh, she probably would have beat Dokic, but that excuse of tiredness is lame. Don't play as much tennis, it is that simple.

What does every topplayer have to tell without harming your opponent.......telling that you are tired is the best excuse!

Only a few points can decide who wins and who lose.

mandy7
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:43 PM
IF KIM SAYS SHE'S TIRED...SHE'S TIRED!!!
end of discussion...

Toontje
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:46 PM
No matter what she says, some freaks always find something to tell about!

great smash
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:50 PM
This must be one of the most rediculous threads around.

First posting several messages claiming she is playing way too much and then not being allowed to be tired.

Ok whatever keeps the bashers happy :rolleyes:

gweeny
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:55 PM
Sorry, I forgot that the Mother "Theresa" Kim could not be criticized. Oops. I will never bash Saint Kim again.

great smash
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:59 PM
Sorry, I forgot that the Mother "Theresa" Kim could not be criticized. Oops. I will never bash Saint Kim again.

Whatever, she said she was tired what's wrong with that? And anyway it was directed towards bandabou who first says he thinks she really playes too much and really has to be tired than actually starts a thread with the really brilliant title.

About the double standards with respect to Serena, to me there still is some difference, if you start to compare no. of matches played before they actually made that comment...

But let's leave it this, as I said those taking joy in negative threads will always find new reasons to start this kind of thread.

mandy7
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:00 PM

It's about time you found out you were wrong..:p

Venus Forever
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:05 PM
:lol: @ the double standards.

Funny how many of the Kim fans last year trashed Serena for claiming a tired excuse, but it's alright for poor ole Kimmy. :lol:

great smash
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:07 PM
:lol: @ the double standards.

Funny how many of the Kim fans last year trashed Serena for claiming a tired excuse, but it's alright for poor ole Kimmy. :lol:

It's not because you have the same 'excuse' that conditions have been equal for both...
If you're saying they had pretty much the same season then whe are done talking

bandabou
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:08 PM
Whatever, she said she was tired what's wrong with that? And anyway it was directed towards bandabou who first says he thinks she really playes too much and really has to be tired than actually starts a thread with the really brilliant title.

About the double standards with respect to Serena, to me there still is some difference, if you start to compare no. of matches played before they actually made that comment...

But let's leave it this, as I said those taking joy in negative threads will always find new reasons to start this kind of thread.

blah blah blah! If the Serena one was excuse-making, then Kimīs excuse-making too! End of the story...

mandy7
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:10 PM
That's just BS! Kim had a long season.. Serena plays about 7 tournaments a year!

great smash
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:11 PM
blah blah blah! If the Serena one was excuse-making, then Kimīs excuse-making too! End of the story...

Excuse they are, but one difference, from the comments I've been reading it seems nearly everyone is agreeing Kim has been playing too much, therefore it would only be logical she is tired.

How many matches had Serena played the month proceeding that particular match. As said, if you're failing to see the somewhat different circumstances, where done discussing this

bandabou
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Excuse they are, but one difference, from the comments I've been reading it seems nearly everyone is agreeing Kim has been playing too much, therefore it would only be logical she is tired.

How many matches had Serena played the month proceeding that particular match. As said, if you're failing to see the somewhat different circumstances, where done discussing this

If you agree that both are excuses....itīs aight.

great smash
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:15 PM
If you agree that both are excuses....itīs aight.

Too bad you're willing to repeat the parts on which we both agree, but failing to provide decent replies to comments on which we (at first) disagree ;)

bandabou
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:22 PM
Too bad you're willing to repeat the parts on which we both agree, but failing to provide decent replies to comments on which we (at first) disagree ;)

since when thereīs a reason to speak a excuse good?! Either excuses are never good or they are always good.

To say one excuse was good and another excuse was bad, when excuses are never good is stupidness.

You can see it both ways.....you can get tired by playing too much but you can get tired by playing too little.

Serena really wasnīt prepared for the level of competition at the championships last year...she was out of shape, so it is understandable that she got tired after the match with Jen....because her fitness level wasnīt prepared for a much that long after her lay-off.

mandy7
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:24 PM
Nah, Kim was just too good at the championships

bandabou
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:25 PM
Nah, Kim was just too good at the championships

Of course and so was Dokic today,no?!

mandy7
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:29 PM
No Kim was tired :p

great smash
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:31 PM
since when thereīs a reason to speak a excuse good?! Either excuses are never good or they are always good.

To say one excuse was good and another excuse was bad, when excuses are never good is stupidness.

You can see it both ways.....you can get tired by playing too much but you can get tired by playing too little.

Serena really wasnīt prepared for the level of competition at the championships last year...she was out of shape, so it is understandable that she got tired after the match with Jen....because her fitness level wasnīt prepared for a much that long after her lay-off.

I'm willing to admit that's a way I hadn't looked at it. However, you know I'm inclined to defend Kim in this (as most of the time) Serena had all the opportunities to play more if you're saying she played too little.

Kim on the other hand is at the moment completing a schedule, which was set at the beginning of the year, and in which she is completing a normal no. of events. She just winning more than she could have expected and therefore is now playing too many matches. Here only optinon to avoid this at this point is withdrawing from tournaments, hence breaking commitments, which to my seems worse than joining a tournament at the last minute :angel:

bandabou
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:34 PM
I'm willing to admit that's a way I hadn't looked at it. However, you know I'm inclined to defend Kim in this (as most of the time) Serena had all the opportunities to play more if you're saying she played too little.

Kim on the other hand is at the moment completing a schedule, which was set at the beginning of the year, and in which she is completing a normal no. of events. She just winning more than she could have expected and therefore is now playing too many matches. Here only optinon to avoid this at this point is withdrawing from tournaments, hence breaking commitments, which to my seems worse than joining a tournament at the last minute :angel:

Joining tournaments at the last moment?!

You see thatīs the difference between me and you. Iīm open and willing to see other points....not just from fav.

Martian Willow
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:34 PM
...'the dog ate my homework' isn't a good excuse...if you don't have a dog...and since when did Serena need any preparation to play well at a tournament...? :)

great smash
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:36 PM
Joining tournaments at the last moment?!

You see thatīs the difference between me and you. Iīm open and willing to see other points....not just from fav.

Now you've lost me, furthermore that last comment is so far off as far as I'm concerned that I better spend my time elswhere tonight :wavey:

mandy7
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:37 PM
HEY!! I had a hamster that ate my homework once.. that's agreat excuse.. if only my teach would have belived me :rolleyes:

bandabou
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:39 PM
Now you've lost me, furthermore that last comment is so far off as far as I'm concerned that I better spend my time elswhere tonight :wavey:

Aight....but that to me is that I won.

great smash
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:41 PM

I think so maybe you won a place on a certain list...

bandabou
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:42 PM
I think so maybe you won a place on a certain list...

Doesnīt matter....you couldnīt come with a reply.

Joining a tournament at the last moment?! whatīs that supposed to mean?!

mandy7
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:45 PM
Just try to see eachothers point.. good luck

KV
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:46 PM

This time I agree with you. Being tired occurs to many other players too. Esp. good doubles players who play week after week and getting regurlarly to the QF, SF and Finals. As far as I'm concerned Petrova has a better excuse to complain about being tired, rather than Kim.

mandy7
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:46 PM
And Kim is tired.. it's not an excuse it's an explanation

great smash
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:47 PM

Ok I intended not to answer anymore, but I'll clarify:

Clijsters playing too much
Solution : Withdraw from some tournaments in order to be well rested

Serena playing to little to be in the right shape
Join more tournaments in order to be in the right playing shape

great smash
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:49 PM

BTW ending a discussion doesn't mean won is right or that he has 'won' as you put it so nicely, and that goes for both of us.

Maybe I was just too tired :p

KV
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:50 PM
And Kim is tired.. it's not an excuse it's an explanation
Face the fact not only Kim is tired, other players too!

bandabou
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:51 PM
Ok I intended not to answer anymore, but I'll clarifie:

Clijsters playing too much
Solution : Withdraw from some tournaments in order to be well rested

Serena playing to little to be in the right shape
Join more tournaments in order to be in the right playing shape

Oh like that....so Kim was actually playing too much and had to withdraw is better than Serena not playing and being in bad shape as a result?!

Yep that can be true...

Venus Forever
Oct 18th, 2003, 10:06 PM
Being tired is an excuse, and it's as simple as that.

Oh, and how silly of me to think that you can only get tired by playing 25 events. I'm sorry. I was too stupid to believe that tired was tired no matter what. Silly me.

Seriously, the excuses on the fans part keep flying. If you're tired, you're tired. It doesn't matter if you played 25 tournaments in a year, or 15, you're still tired.

What new excuse will they come up with next??

Justinefan
Oct 18th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Being tired is not an excuse.. Do you actually think that in interviews after the matches the players say they were tired to discredit the other player??? Everyone has said that before.. did anyone jump on them... no.. I think it is rediculous that you guys think by Kim saying she was tired thinks that Jelena didn't play well.. Kim never discredits wins.. she was probably just saying ya she was tired. Everyone needs to chill out.

Jarrett
Oct 18th, 2003, 10:25 PM
Who was quoted in saying this:
""She has had a great year and she is probably the most improved player on the Tour this season."

I am pretty sure that goes to Justine.

Smart
Oct 18th, 2003, 10:36 PM
It is not a reason for today's defeat. Why does she play doubles such a lot then?? It is her own fault.

Betty
Oct 18th, 2003, 10:41 PM
Is it so abnormal to be tired after playing 13 sets in three days ? justine looked tired yesterday after playing 4sets.
Kim played 15 sets with the doubles in just three days and she won.Do you know that they were still playing very,very very late.With an umpire who knows his job Kim would have win in two sets.Basta
Good luck tomorrow jelena.

Betty
Oct 18th, 2003, 10:44 PM
Kim won the double.congrats Kim

Freewoman33
Oct 18th, 2003, 11:34 PM

Let's hope, Bandabou. However, I seriously doubt it.

Betty
Oct 18th, 2003, 11:35 PM
Since Kim became nr1,nothing she does is being apreciated.
We love you Kim i am proud to be a fan of you.
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

maryjane
Oct 18th, 2003, 11:39 PM
i don't thiink there's s/t wrong in saying she was tired.she didn't say dokic had not deserved to win.it was not an excuse.she just said she was tired and being tired she didn't turn out to fight and keep the match.
it's obvious.I mean,many results in this period r influence by it.we r in the end of the season.
why do u think kim tried to have an excuse???
it was not an excuse.kim is not that kind of player.

Betty
Oct 18th, 2003, 11:47 PM
Whow many tournaments do the sisters play in a year???????Ad the and of the year they are always
tired, even without playing double.Th

maryjane
Oct 18th, 2003, 11:51 PM
that's what Km said in the interview:
"Right now I'm mentally and physically very tired," Clijsters confessed.

"I don't think I recovered very well after the late night doubles, and this was one match too many. In the first set I played well, but I had nothing left after that.

"And I have to give full credit to Jelena. She played a good match."

that's kim.

Venus Forever
Oct 18th, 2003, 11:55 PM

"I don't think I recovered very well after the late night doubles, and this was one match too many. In the first set I played well, but I had nothing left after that.

that's kim.

Serena said the same thing after last year's YEC and still got trashed for saying she was tired.

BTW, I agree with you all, but, why the double standards??

bandabou
Oct 18th, 2003, 11:57 PM

that's kim.

Serena said the same thing last year after Kim won...nobody wanted to read that part back then.

Venus Forever
Oct 18th, 2003, 11:57 PM
By who? :rolleyes:

By some Kim fans. ;)

They claimed that she was taking credit away from Kim by saying that.

Betty
Oct 18th, 2003, 11:59 PM
Dear Kim, please don't say I am tired anymore, you must know when you say something it's very dangerous..With a good umpire you would have won in
2 straight sets. Yet, still energy enough to win the doubles, congratz.

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:01 AM
By some Kim fans. ;)

They claimed that she was taking credit away from Kim by saying that.

Yeah....and look: whoīs tired too now!!

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:01 AM
Names?

Anyway there is no double standard. People generally like Kim and a lot of people can't stand RENA, so people are more likely to bitch when Serena gives herself excuses.

CRAP!! And the reason why the people donīt stand Serena?!

JennyS
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:04 AM
I don't understand why it's such a big deal that Kim says she is tired. She wasn't insulting her opponent.

There is a reason that tennis players complain they are tired so much during the indoor season. In sports such as baseball, basketball, hockey and football, you don't hear athletes complain about fatigue in the later stages of the playoffs. Tonight David Wells, who is 40 (or in his late 30's) will pitch with little rest. The reason? Because there is a championship at stake and adrenaline is flowing.

But the tennis players have already played the 8 month Grand Slam season so there is less to play for. The players naturally are less geared up to play at this point.

However, I think the players are pretty excited about the WTA Championship event and even if they are tired, they should get an adrenaline rush and maybe they won't complain so much.

Filip!
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:04 AM
Why was Kim tired? Look at her schedule this week. Playing, playing, playing and playing! Two days ago, she was telling that she was not tired and that she was fit. Well, she still did not learn a lesson from the lost slam-finals. The doubles are stopping her results in singles!

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:12 AM
Anyway aren't people bitching right now that Kim said that she was tired?

How am I supposed to know why people can't stand Serena. Probably a lot of people find her annoying, how am I supposed to know.

annoying how?! by winning?!

Betty
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:16 AM
How many tournaments do the sisters play in a year??????????????????????????????????????????
and then complaining i am tired :confused:

Venus Forever
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:19 AM
How many tournaments do the sisters play in a year??????????????????????????????????????????
and then complaining i am tired :confused:

You do know you can get tired in different ways, right?

Kim became tired from all of her tournaments she has entered.

Serena became tired from her match against Capriati, along with all of her consecutive victories from the US Open up until the LA Champs.

Why else would she withdraw from many of the fall tournaments last year?? She was tired. Her fatigue truly showed in the last match of the year.

Betty
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:37 AM
Did everybody forget what Justine told after losing
leipzig???I did not, she was tired!!!!!!
There was no drama about that.

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:44 AM
You do know you can get tired in different ways, right?

Kim became tired from all of her tournaments she has entered.

Serena became tired from her match against Capriati, along with all of her consecutive victories from the US Open up until the LA Champs.

Why else would she withdraw from many of the fall tournaments last year?? She was tired. Her fatigue truly showed in the last match of the year.

Exactly....Serena was barely running for balls and stuff.

Kuti Kis&Monica
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:53 AM
Well, Kim played a lots of events, and that's logical to hear that she's tired. But after her match against Pisnik, she said that she was happy and fresh to come back to play double later.
She's not tired when she wins and that's all. She trashed Jelena 6/2 6/0 In March this and i'm guessing she's trying to minimise that defeat. I saw the match, and the difference was not on the physical's side but on the mental's. Jelena didn't lose her serve on the last 2 sets while Kim had several occasions. Kim could have won 6/1 6/3 if she'd have taken her occasions. Jelena played well solid, and she deserves respect for fighting after losing 6/1 against Kim who didn't miss any balls.
Mentally, Jelena was better, and in contrary to Clijsters, she was leading the game. Clijsters was just too passive after the 1rst set, and she didn't expect to see Jelena back at a high level.

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:58 AM
Well, Kim played a lots of events, and that's logical to hear that she's tired. But after her match against Pisnik, she said that she was happy and fresh to come back to play double later.
She's not tired when she wins and that's all. She trashed Jelena 6/2 6/0 In March this and i'm guessing she's trying to minimise that defeat. I saw the match, and the difference was not on the physical's side but on the mental's. Jelena didn't lose her serve on the last 2 sets while Kim had several occasions. Kim could have won 6/1 6/3 if she'd have taken her occasions. Jelena played well solid, and she deserves respect for fighting after losing 6/1 against Kim who didn't miss any balls.
Mentally, Jelena was better, and in contrary to Clijsters, she was leading the game. Clijsters was just too passive after the 1rst set, and she didn't expect to see Jelena back at a high level.

yeah, Kim wanted to play her defensive game as always....but when Jelena stopped missing then it was done...

Fyndh0rnElf
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:13 AM
She trashed Jelena 6/2 6/0 In March this and i'm guessing she's trying to minimise that defeat

Jelena looked like she was on heroine the whole year, until now. She was losing matches without seeming to care. She lost 6-2 6-1 or something to Obata and 6-3 6-1 to Stevenson, 7-5 6-0 to Maleeva and on and on, so her loss to Clijsters 6-2 6-0 was just expected

Betty
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:13 AM
Was everybody blind ? second set fourth game did noboy see how Kim lost her surve?Did nobody see Kim's face?She lost 30 pounds in one game on a onfair way.With a fair umpire shev would have win in2 straith sets.
Good luck tomorrow Jelena. j

Kuti Kis&Monica
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:17 AM
Jelena looked like she was on heroine the whole year, until now. She was losing matches without seeming to care. She lost 6-2 6-1 or something to Obata and 6-3 6-1 to Stevenson, 7-5 6-0 to Maleeva and on and on, so her loss to Clijsters 6-2 6-0 was just expected

Yep, but that's not the point. All I say, Considering the bad season of Jelena, Kim didn't expect to see her back at her best level.

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:18 AM
Was everybody blind ? second set fourth game did noboy see how Kim lost her surve?Did nobody see Kim's face?She lost 30 pounds in one game on a onfair way.With a fair umpire shev would have win in2 straith sets.
Good luck tomorrow Jelena. j

You are almost funny!

mandy7
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:21 AM
Face the fact not only Kim is tired, other players too!

DUDE!! DID I SAY OTHER PLAYERS CAN'T BE TIRED????

Cybelle Darkholme
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:28 AM
Personally I could give a rats but if shes tired. GO TAKE A NAP NEXT TIME KIM!!!

Its really sad when players feel the need to qualify any loss. I'm to the point where they shouldn't say anything. I am sure kim was indeed tired just like serena was tired at last years champs just like justine was tired when she lost to myskina, but you know what who cares???

If youre tired tough luck, go take a nap. If youre sick oh well, go get some pepto. If youre mentally unstable, call up a shrink.

But if you take the court and lose then no excuse will do because over all else the other player on that day WAS BETTER. Its simple. Its easy. And it cuts down on all the bs arguing over nothing.

tennnisfannn
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:30 AM
Hey, kim also said she was tired after she lost to Serena at Miami. Players do get tired a no. of reasons. Why does everyone automatically assume that when the williams aren't playing they are home wathing the simpsons. They have other things in their lives that could make someone tired, they both seem very busy off court. Serena played 13 tournys last year not 7 like some of you are saying.
If Kim is tired, she is tired. Who are we to tell her how to feel. Players are different. Ai proved she could go the distance at Scottsdale, henin survived the semis to win the USO and still got tired last week after a relatively easy semi.
If Maurice Green wins his sprint in under 10 seconds and Paul Koech of Kenya wins his marathaon in two hours, who is more tired? They both probably are: different bodies, different people.

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:32 AM
Haaa....everybody forgot about that tired excuse after Nasdaq too! I guess she played 20 tournaments by then too,huh?!

Kart
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:49 AM
If Kim is tired she should get some rest.

Then maybe next time she can win.

Congratulations to Jelena :)

As for Serena not getting away with saying the same thing, well she probably got attacked but then look in here and Kim is being attacked so it's all the same.

This situation will never change until one team takes the first step and lets it go ...

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:51 AM

As for Serena not getting away with saying the same thing, well she probably got attacked but then look in here and Kim is being attacked so it's all the same.

This situation will never change until one team takes the first step and lets it go ...

Or maybe Kim got attacked BECAUSE Serena got attacked then.

Cybelle Darkholme
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:51 AM

I say let it go. To me if a fan moans and whines about another player who says they were tired after losing to their fave well that just shows that the fan in question does not have as much faith in there favorite if they let the losers words affect them that way.

If I was dokics fans I would care less and be jumping up and down that my favorite beat the number one player in the world. The rest is just Bs and who needs that?

tennnisfannn
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:53 AM
Spot on.

anton
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:54 AM
gongrats jelena!!

kim use your offtime to develop some sort of weapon...

Venus Forever
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:56 AM

Yup. :worship:

kim4eva
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:05 AM
Kim can say whatever she wants and you people should respect her.
AND not dissing her when all she wants is to say the truth out. If Kim says she's tired, then she is tired. No one said other player's werent. It's just that she's tirier than other players because she played doubles, and a lot of other tournaments, end of matter.

spooky
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:07 AM
Hey, kim also said she was tired after she lost to Serena at Miami. Players do get tired a no. of reasons. Why does everyone automatically assume that when the williams aren't playing they are home wathing the simpsons. They have other things in their lives that could make someone tired, they both seem very busy off court. Serena played 13 tournys last year not 7 like some of you are saying.
If Kim is tired, she is tired. Who are we to tell her how to feel. Players are different. Ai proved she could go the distance at Scottsdale, henin survived the semis to win the USO and still got tired last week after a relatively easy semi.
If Maurice Green wins his sprint in under 10 seconds and Paul Koech of Kenya wins his marathaon in two hours, who is more tired? They both probably are: different bodies, different people.

How about Venus playing all those matches I think within 24hrs beating top player at the Pen Pilot. I am sure she was tired but she did not complain and she had every right too complain. In her interview she said she's a professional and that's her job.

Kart
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:07 AM

The next time Serena gets attacked people will cite it's BECAUSE Kim got attacked today.

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:08 AM
AND not dissing her when all she wants is to say the truth out. If Kim says she's tired, then she is tired. No one said other player's werent. It's just that she's tirier than other players because she played doubles, and a lot of other tournaments, end of matter.

somehow I think that when Kim beats a Williams or another top-player and that player says that she was tired, you wonīt be acting this same way.

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:10 AM
The next time Serena gets attacked people will cite it's BECAUSE Kim got attacked today.

Probably....but I think it started with Serena first. Serena said:" Iīm feeling like an old woman right now. Iīm dead tired." Many Kim-fans attacked her: saying she is a bad sport, this and that....well what goes around, comes around. Kim should know, īcause she is dating an ozzie and they ivented the boomerang afterall.

Venus Forever

Nobody is disputing that, in fact, I believe that Kim's schedule is the reason why she lost.

This thread was created to ask why no one was bashing Kim for believing that the reason she lost was because she was tired, like Serena was. That's all it was about. Why did Serena get the harsh treatment, and not Serena??

Just pointing out the double standards on this board. ;)

Kart
I say let it go. To me if a fan moans and whines about another player who says they were tired after losing to their fave well that just shows that the fan in question does not have as much faith in there favorite if they let the losers words affect them that way.

If I was dokics fans I would care less and be jumping up and down that my favorite beat the number one player in the world. The rest is just Bs and who needs that?

:yeah: I'd rep you for that if I could :worship:.

You've hit what I think is the key point here - in the end, who cares if Kim offers excuses, she's not the one in the final.

Venus Forever
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:11 AM

Nah, it'll be because she's Serena.

Plus, I don't see where anyone attacked Kim today. :confused:

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:12 AM
:yeah: I'd rep you for that if I could :worship:.

You've hit what I think is the key point here - in the end, who cares if Kim offers excuses, she's not the one in the final.

Exactly right?! So why did anyone care last year?! Wasnīt it Kim who won afterall?!

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:14 AM
Nah, it'lll be because she's Serena.

Plus, I don't see where anyone attacked Kim today. :confused:
:rolls: :rolls:

Kart
Nah, it'lll be because she's Serena.

:lol: I can't really argue with that.

spooky
The thing about cupcake Kim is that she is not a great player all she does is retrive she does not really have any big weapons and when she comes up against a tough opponent she is just lost. Grant it Dokic has not been playing well lately but I believe she can take Kim out anytime when she is on. People see kim beat these other players who are not good players anyway and rant and rave about how good Kim is but keep is not that good people. As much as I can't stand jhh she is a better player than kim and ofcourse, V&S are better than all of the WTA players. Kim get some weapons sweetie that retrieving aint going to do it.

kim4eva
somehow I think that when Kim beats a Williams or another top-player and that player says that she was tired, you wonīt be acting this same way.

Well if you are dissing Kim now,so that means it's allright for me to diss other players. Do you know what's a fair game? As simple as that.

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:16 AM
The thing about cupcake Kim is that she is not a great player all she does is retrive she does not really have any big weapons and when she comes up against a tough opponent she is just lost. Grant it Dokic has not been playing well lately but I believe she can take Kim out anytime when she is on. People see kim beat these other players who are not good players anyway and rant and rave about how good Kim is but keep is not that good people. As much as I can't stand jhh she is a better player than kim and ofcourse, V&S are better than all of the WTA players. Kim get some weapons sweetie that retrieving aint going to do it.

Canīt help it.....why do u think she fell in love with Lil Lleyton?!

Kart
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:17 AM
Exactly right?! So why did anyone care last year?! Wasnīt it Kim who won afterall?!

I don't know who cared or why they cared, but I certainly didn't care then and I don't particularly care now so I'm going to leave here and go to bed :).

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:18 AM
Well if you are dissing Kim now,so that means it's allright for me to diss other players. Do you know what's a fair game? As simple as that.

diss?! I didnīt diss....I only asked why itīs aight for Kim sheīs tired after losses and it wasnīt aight for Serena after the championships.

It wasnīt only today....after Nasdaq when she lost to Serena, she said she was tired too....and she hadnīt played 100 matches back then.

Why the double standard?!

Venus Forever
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:19 AM

Where is he dissing Kim??

He asked why she was let off the hook for saying she was tired, and why Serena wasn't??

spooky
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:21 AM
diss?! I didnīt diss....I only asked why itīs aight for Kim sheīs tired after losses and it wasnīt aight for Serena after the championships.

It wasnīt only today....after Nasdaq when she lost to Serena, she said she was tired too....and she hadnīt played 100 matches back then.

Why the double standard?!

Bandabou what is "aight"?

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:24 AM
Bandabou what is "aight"?

Aight= all right in ghetto-talk...

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:25 AM
*exhausted, fatigued, stuffed, ground down, feeling totally fucked, etc, etc, just from reading threads like this one* :sad:

spooky
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:31 AM
Aight= all right in ghetto-talk...

O.K. then.

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 04:22 AM
O.K. then.

Aight.

SerenaSlam
Oct 19th, 2003, 04:39 AM
there is a difference of being tired. i think kim's excuse is bull, she won the match the day before 6-2 6-2. when serena said she was tired, she had won the match 2-6 6-4 6-4 against jennifer. well over 2h 30min long. clearly she was tired. kim the "i can play till i die" bodytype we have going, should've have thrown that excuse card out in my opinion. she had no reason at all to be tired. last year she said she wasn't tired, and she has played around that many matches. so drop the bull

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 04:41 AM
there is a difference of being tired. i think kim's excuse is bull, she won the match the day before 6-2 6-2. when serena said she was tired, she had won the match 2-6 6-4 6-4 against jennifer. well over 2h 30min long. clearly she was tired. kim the "i can play till i die" bodytype we have going, should've have thrown that excuse card out in my opinion. she had no reason at all to be tired. last year she said she wasn't tired, and she has played around that many matches. so drop the bull

Plus Serena wasnīt really prepared for such a long match....

Linda Owens
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:32 AM
chanda, patty, kim and alexandra were all just soooo tired when Jelena played them. all those matches that alex, chanda and patty have been playing recently really wore them out. :haha:

Yeah thats right..NOT! if anything jelena is the one who should be really tired after playing 3 matches compared to kims 2, and 2 of them going to three sets!

azza
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:45 AM
she was tired

losing to Dokic :unsure:

spooky
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:52 AM
Plus Serena wasnīt really prepared for such a long match....

Sorry Bandabou I can't accept that if you step on the court you should be ready for anything....always.

maryjane
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:36 AM
i think it's stupid to argue about what kim said.
she can say what she wants and what is more important is that she didn't want to have an excuse for her loss but just explain what she had not fighted.stop.
now if she says she was tired or something she didn't hurt anybody but it's her business.

Come-on-kim
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:51 AM
Well Kim had to play after her 6-2 6-2 win a double match in 3 sets that last until 11pm

mandy7
Oct 19th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Why is Kim being tired such a big deal?? It happens you know

azza
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:50 PM
she will be better next week :wavey:

Mercury Rising
Oct 19th, 2003, 01:09 PM
Bandabou, you know awfully alot about happened on the board b4 you came here...

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:06 PM
Bandabou, you know awfully alot about happened on the board b4 you came here...

Is that so?!

Experimentee
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:21 PM

Yes but different players will vary in their levels of stamina or ability to play so much. Kim obviously is used to playing a lot of tournaments, but Serena isnt used to playing much. So its likely that Serena gets tired more easily than Kim. Thats why she doesnt play a lot and Kim does! You cant say one is definitely lying or making excuses and the other not.

kim4eva
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Yes but different players will vary in their levels of stamina or ability to play so much. Kim obviously is used to playing a lot of tournaments, but Serena isnt used to playing much. So its likely that Serena gets tired more easily than Kim. Thats why she doesnt play a lot and Kim does! You cant say one is definitely lying or making excuses and the other not.

Totally right. :worship:
Each player is an individual and you can't compare them to one another because they are totally different physcially and mentally

bandabou
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:27 PM
Then the question still remains: Why was Serena burned and Kim not?!