View Full Version : Australian Open 2004 Will Be Fantastic

MAURO
Oct 18th, 2003, 06:40 PM
with Justine and Kim fighting so close for the number one

and Lindsay will be well after her surgery

Capriati in her land of glory

Mauresmo in the search of a new final in GS

and Dementieva, Zvonareva, Sugiyama, Petrova and Suarez hungry for more,

if the Venus and Serena, Martina Hingis and Monica return in Aus Open with her championship nature

IT WILL BE THE BEST AUSTRALIAN OPEN IN YEARS

UDiTY
Oct 18th, 2003, 06:41 PM
I sure hope so...

People were saying the same thing about the YEC and look at them now...

alexusjonesfan
Oct 18th, 2003, 07:08 PM
Well, I think RG was supposed to be like that this year. Serena had an unbeaten streak in GS's. Justine, Kim and Amelie all had fantastic clay seasons. Venus hadn't played since her injury, but many expected her to be in the same form as she was in Australia, when she returned. From the predictions, all the projected QFs (except for potentially the Chanda/Justine one) were supposed to be great but you know the rest of the story... (we did get memorable matches for sure but they weren't the one's people expected) ;)

MAURO
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:16 PM
Well, I think RG was supposed to be like that this year. Serena had an unbeaten streak in GS's. Justine, Kim and Amelie all had fantastic clay seasons. Venus hadn't played since her injury, but many expected her to be in the same form as she was in Australia, when she returned. From the predictions, all the projected QFs (except for potentially the Chanda/Justine one) were supposed to be great but you know the rest of the story... (we did get memorable matches for sure but they weren't the one's people expected) ;)

i think is different
because the surface in Australia is more universal for all the players like Lindsay or Venus and all of the rest

DEETHELICK
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:34 PM
I sure hope so too! And I hope Jen has huge success at the AO and that Elena finally makes it past the 4th round of a Slam for once!

Reichen
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:36 PM
with Justine and Kim fighting so close for the number one

and Lindsay will be well after her surgery

Capriati in her land of glory

Mauresmo in the search of a new final in GS

and Dementieva, Zvonareva, Sugiyama, Petrova and Suarez hungry for more,

if the Venus and Serena, Martina Hingis and Monica return in Aus Open with her championship nature

IT WILL BE THE BEST AUSTRALIAN OPEN IN YEARS

Don't forget Sandrine Testud's return to Professional Tennis!!!(or is that the month after the Aussie Open?)

Either way, whether her 1st Grand Slam back is the Aussie Open or Roland Garros, Testud will make it feel like the wonderful old days:)!

bandabou
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:36 PM
One thing is sure....the Belgians better be ready for the rumble. Serena´s gonna be back, Venus will be fully healed by then.....better be ready for the real competition.

Philip
Oct 18th, 2003, 10:02 PM
and i think jelena will be back for it next year :)

Jarrett
Oct 18th, 2003, 10:16 PM
I hope so! US Open was OKAY, but not too much fun. I know I watched it more than any other GS before though. :)