PDA

View Full Version : Can Dokic do what Myskina did?

harloo
Oct 18th, 2003, 06:23 PM
Can Dokic beat the #1 and #2 players back 2 back? I seriously doubted Jelena's chances against Kim, but I was wrong. You never know maybe this is Dokic's chance to say she beat #1 and #2 back 2 back.

However, look at the comments from Justine H-H about her fitness:

"For a few days I have felt pain in my knee cap and I have some blisters on my foot as well," Henin-Hardenne complained. "It is okay, I can play, but it is bothering me sometimes and it is tough but I just tried to do my job today.

Could it be Justine H-H making excuses if she loses tommorow? Or maybe Justine H-H bluffing like she did after her semi-final at the USO.

I expect H-H to win tommorow, and take over the #1 spot but I will not count Dokic out. Of course Henin-H will feel the pressure as she did state:

``I cannot make that same error this week. When I go on the court, it is going to be just one more match,'' Henin-Hardenne said. ``It is a lot of pressure because there is a lot of talk about this match. But honestly, I just tried to stay focused this week and win every match coming to me.''

good luck Jelena, you're gonna need it! :D :)

-Sonic-
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:56 PM
I'm not usually a Dokic fan, I went through a spell of enjoying her play a year or two ago but that soon went...

But... I love the indoor season. I love the unexpected tournament winners. I want Dokic to win.

mandy7
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:01 PM
YES!!

Hagar
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:03 PM
I hope so but I think it is unlikely.

Toontje
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:12 PM
Can Dokic beat the #1 and #2 players back 2 back? I seriously doubted Jelena's chances against Kim, but I was wrong. You never know maybe this is Dokic's chance to say she beat #1 and #2 back 2 back.

However, look at the comments from Justine H-H about her fitness:

"For a few days I have felt pain in my knee cap and I have some blisters on my foot as well," Henin-Hardenne complained. "It is okay, I can play, but it is bothering me sometimes and it is tough but I just tried to do my job today.

Could it be Justine H-H making excuses if she loses tommorow? Or maybe Justine H-H bluffing like she did after her semi-final at the USO.

I expect H-H to win tommorow, and take over the #1 spot but I will not count Dokic out. Of course Henin-H will feel the pressure as she did state:

``I cannot make that same error this week. When I go on the court, it is going to be just one more match,'' Henin-Hardenne said. ``It is a lot of pressure because there is a lot of talk about this match. But honestly, I just tried to stay focused this week and win every match coming to me.''

good luck Jelena, you're gonna need it! :D :)

She sounds like my grandfather.........last week she did have also pain on her back...........you have to be fit to make chance of that #1 position.
That counts for Serena, Venus, Kim, Justine or some other player!

XaDavK_Kapri
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:21 PM
Go Jelena!!! :rocker2:

Allez-H
Oct 18th, 2003, 11:25 PM
Justine rules the world,she will win tommorow(I HOPE)

jojoseph
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:15 AM
There are no flaws in her game. It's just been simply a matter of execution.

spooky
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:24 AM
I hope so but I think it is unlikely.

Why is it unlikely?

Martian KC
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:26 AM
you guys are sad

spooky
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:27 AM
There are no flaws in her game. It's just been simply a matter of execution.

Everyones games has flaws. If her game does not have flaws she should have more that 2 GS ...no I mean one the other one she cheated to win and the other one the sisters were not there...

Cybelle Darkholme
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:30 AM
you guys are sad

why because we are cheering on an undergod to beat the number one and two players in the world back to back? yeah thats really sad....

whatever.

GO JELENA AND GET THOSE BONUS POINTS!!

jd4eva
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:37 AM
gooooo jelena!

Havok
Oct 19th, 2003, 04:46 AM
Jelena:bounce:

jojoseph
Oct 19th, 2003, 05:26 AM
Everyones games has flaws. If her game does not have flaws she should have more that 2 GS ...no I mean one the other one she cheated to win and the other one the sisters were not there...

Since when does Dokic have two GS titles? :confused:

jd4eva
Oct 19th, 2003, 05:55 AM
I think they thought you were talking about Justine.

azza
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:14 AM
I HoPe jElEnA WiNs!

azza
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:16 AM

she only cheated on 1 pt get over it :wavey:

sunnysideup
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:21 AM
Justine won't let the opportunity to become no.1 pass her way this time.;)

Linda Owens
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:24 AM
Go Dokic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tennisIlove09
Oct 19th, 2003, 06:40 AM
Jelena has been a wonderful story this week. Henin-Hardenne is the true #1. Either way, it's a fitting ending to a great week of tennis.

caramel
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:53 AM
Umm...maybe she is able to do what Nastya did. Her game has improved a lot since the last time I saw her play 2 months ago or so. Even her serve has become a lot better, she used to serve like pigs from outer space in little old mes opinion. :p

Nikola
Oct 19th, 2003, 09:19 AM
she did it before her, she will do it after her as well

Martian KC
Oct 19th, 2003, 09:08 PM
:haha: