PDA

View Full Version : "Anorexic beauty" - how sick is that ???

GoDominique
Oct 18th, 2003, 04:53 PM
I just saw a stupid TV magazine and they had a report on so-called "pro-ana" websites (= pro-anorexic) which are obviously glorifying anorexia by discussing fasting strategies and posting pictures of ultra-thin "beauties". :retard:
I did a simple Google-search and several websites with this topic were displayed, but also some which are obviously trying to fight against this trend.

I mean when you have weight troubles it can certainly be good to talk to people with similar problems, but not if those actually encourage you to accept it and even see it as a desirable. :rolleyes: :mad:

alexusjonesfan
Oct 18th, 2003, 04:56 PM
does narcissus boy post on any of them?

decemberlove
Oct 18th, 2003, 11:01 PM
i think ive seen the show youre talking about.

it really is horrible that girls see this as the ideal figure. perhaps if our runway models werent long sticks with only bones and skin, we wouldnt have as much as a problem. but we shove these images on our daughters eyes at a very young age.

its pathetic when you look at sex idols of the 50s compared to the sex idols of today.

alexusjonesfan
Oct 18th, 2003, 11:03 PM
its pathetic when you look at sex idols of the 50s compared to the sex idols of today.

The difference is, sex idols of the 50's could actually bear children after all that sex :o

decemberlove
Oct 18th, 2003, 11:03 PM
http://www.anorexicbeauty.com/wonteat.gif

alexusjonesfan
Oct 18th, 2003, 11:08 PM
A day in the life of...

"Well I'm back.

So what next? I do not know. Stay tuned as I give birth to a new look and feel for "Anorexic Beauty".

I've missed this place sooooo badly since I've been gone. It's an escape from the unbelievable mess that's my life.

I gained several pounds in the hospital last month but it's not the end of the world.?.

Last night was a typical night which involved an oxy-C deal gone bad. Me in the middle of two greety a...holes trying to steal from their victims and myself. The crack-head/whore girl "selling" the shit ripped me off for $50 and ran inside her apt. I used a few choice words 'encouraging her' to give the money back. The theiving bitch called the police on me for disorderly conduct or something.......what nerve some crack-whores have. The guy trying to buy the stuff sat in his car even when the police rolled-in. He started beeping his horn for the girl who stoal his $$$ while the cops were parked on both sides of his car. Needless to say, I haven't seen him since.

I must admit that I do create my own problems sometimes. So why do I have such poor judgement? Fuck it, who cares?"

alexusjonesfan
Oct 18th, 2003, 11:10 PM
oh and here's the lovely links page:

PRO-ANA SITES
Frailty
Ana by Choice
Fat Like Me
Totally in Control
Starving For Perfection
The Thin Page
Living on Oxygen
Thin Is Beauty
Rexia World
ProAna4life
Ana's House
MakaylasHealingPlace.com (ana tolerant)
Tips and Tricks
niniveh's body, mind, and soul
Bluedragonfly . org

The names alone should tell you how wonderfully stable and balanced the people behind them are :)

decemberlove
Oct 18th, 2003, 11:16 PM
I do think that having an eating disorder can be dangerous for a person... and for a person who is not pro-anorexic and comes to a pro-ana site or even hears about a pro-ana site will think that all of us there are sick disturbed people who are not only dangering ourselves but also making it easy for people to become anorexic... But for me visiting pro-ana sites... and knowing that there are people out there that feel the same way as I do...it helps me to recognize who and what I am... that I am not just the self destructive freak that I seem to be according to a "fan" e-mail I got this morning

um, yes you are. if you starve yourself for reasons of control or vanity, then you are sick. period.

jesus, if you wanna be self-destructive, do some drugs. atleast its fun.

Fyndh0rnElf
Oct 19th, 2003, 12:07 AM
um, yes you are. if you starve yourself for reasons of control or vanity, then you are sick. period.

jesus, if you wanna be self-destructive, do some drugs. atleast its fun.

:silly: LOL

Crazy Canuck
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:34 AM

Of course, the women of today have many more freedoms than the women of the 50's did.... go figure.

Experimentee
Oct 19th, 2003, 03:37 PM
I've seen a lot of those too. I was looking at them a few years ago for research. Its pretty sickening. The pics on those sites are gross, they make me wanna vomit. I think maybe they arent serious, just people making those sites for the cheap thrills.
Those sites can also act as triggers for people who are recovering from an eating disorder. Some people have said they cant look at those sites if they're recovering coz it makes them start the whole downward spiral again. :(

Miss Thang
Oct 21st, 2003, 04:00 AM
Chile I know I need to lose weight but when I read ish like this I'm happy I'm a size 14. :angel:

King Satan
Oct 21st, 2003, 07:04 AM
Chile I know I need to lose weight but when I read ish like this I'm happy I'm a size 14. :angel:
mmmmmm nice and juicy :drool::lick:

I like my women the way i like my guitars, smooth and curvy.

DunkMachine
Oct 21st, 2003, 07:35 AM
mmmmmm nice and juicy :drool::lick:

I like my women the way i like my guitars, smooth and curvy.

ANd I like my women just like my coffee, Puerto Rican :crazy: