PDA

View Full Version : Justine vs. Jelena

Astro Jetson
Oct 18th, 2003, 02:46 PM
Very interesting. Played only twice before against each other. Jelena won once and retired in the other one. Both were on Justine's favourite surface clay:

2002 Baush & Lomb Championships Justine W 6-2 4-1 Ret
2002 Betty Barclay Cup QF Jelena 6-7(3) 6-7(3)

Nikola
Oct 18th, 2003, 02:49 PM
Jelena will win for sure, I do not see hom Juju can be a bigger threat then Kim :D

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 18th, 2003, 02:50 PM
:) GO JELENA! HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELF! :)

Brαm
Oct 18th, 2003, 02:53 PM
I'm afraid this might be Jelena's tournament!

I think she'll win in str8 sets :o

Roxers
Oct 18th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Lets Go Jelena!!! Destroy Her!!!!

bandabou
Oct 18th, 2003, 02:54 PM
Justine didn´t look all too well today against Nadia and both Jelena and Kim played at a higher level today...so if Jelena can play like she did today, she could be the second player to beat both Belgians no.1 and no.2 in less than a month! So much for the Belgian domination...

Astro Jetson
Oct 18th, 2003, 02:55 PM
Yeah like Myskina in Leipzig, I think she has a very good shot at beating the Belgians back to back.

Allez Justine!

Dava
Oct 18th, 2003, 02:55 PM
Goodluck Jelena, if she has the confidence then she can do it!

*liana*
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:01 PM
:bounce: I really hope she can win and if she plays like she did in her previous two matches I don't see a reason why she can't. Justine didn't make that much of an impression today (of course she's gonna be really motivated to get that nr1) and Jelenas confidence must be incredibly high so ...lets hope she pulls it out!! GO JELENA!!! :worship:

(wow, I've never been so happy for a player after just beating my fave; Kim and Justine already had a good year , I guess I want this for Jelena so she can end on a happy note after her terrible 2003 season)

treufreund
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:03 PM
justine should use her slice and chip to put a lot of serves back into play and should come into the net or force jelena in and most importantly, serve well and be aggressive. :D

you can tough out one more match JUJU! so you can have the #1 for one week (until Linz falls off) Dang, Kim hangs onto #1 forever despite justine winning two grand slams and now being in six straight finals. But this loss today may have sealed kim's fate even if justine loses tomorrow. she will be well rested for LA!

Mercury Rising
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:03 PM
Jelena will win, I'm pretty sure.

justine&coria
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Yeah, Justine is gonna lose tomorrow,
like she lost against Krasnoroutskaya at Toronto (who beat Kim in a previous round) !

You simply don't know how Justine and Jelena are gonna play tomorrow!
Anyway, congrats to Justine and Jelena!

tennnisfannn
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:08 PM
Justine no.1 with lots of titles this year already, losing one won't hurt her at all. That's why I will be rooting for jelena, after what she has been through this year, I hope she makes her comeback in style, beating the world no.1&2.
The tour needs more than one exciting quarter final at the OZ. A confident Dokic, revived Dementieva, and if Moma can get it together, seles recover fully and same for the sisters and Daniela too, 2004 will be great.
Go Dokic, claw your way back to the top 10. Boy has she amassed quality points in this tourny! :bounce:

justine&coria
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:11 PM
The tour needs more than one exciting quarter final at the OZ. A confident Dokic, revived Dementieva, and if Moma can get it together, seles recover fully and same for the sisters and Daniela too, 2004 will be great.
Go Dokic, claw your way back to the top 10. Boy has she amassed quality points in this tourny! :bounce:

Yes, if things go on this way, 2004 is very promising very good matches : at AO already !

cheo23
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:16 PM
Don't forget to add My girl Mary Pierce..she started the year like Ranked 69 or whatever and now she's like at 34...Go Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!! Climb up the Rankings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!1

alexusjonesfan
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:18 PM
wow, I've never been so happy for a player after just beating my fave

my thoughts exactly :wavey:

Tangerine~Juice
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Jelena :)

Ballbuster
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:57 PM
The one with the fresher legs and hungriest will win.

Mr. Man
Oct 18th, 2003, 04:10 PM
This is your chance, Jelena! Take it!! Pull a Myskina. :bounce:

JustineTime
Oct 18th, 2003, 04:13 PM
I predict that if Justine loses the first set, she'll lose. If not, this final could easily go the distance, and if so, Justine may indeed run out of gas. :(

:bounce: :bounce:GO JUSTINE!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Dig it out, Baby, dig it out! :mad: ;)

Allez-H
Oct 18th, 2003, 04:18 PM
Allez Justine you know what they say third time is a charm.May the force be with you.

BTW:congrats Jelena with your great victory over Kim.:clap2:

UDiTY
Oct 18th, 2003, 04:20 PM
I am soo happy for Jelena!! But I want Justine to win just because she deserves the #1 ranking.

But I hope Jelena wins does great the rest of the season and hopefully wins a tournament!!! :bounce:

shap_half
Oct 18th, 2003, 04:40 PM
Let's go Justine!!! Even if she is only number 1 for one week, I will be appreciative of it! Let's go Justine!!!!! You can do it.

But Jelena will prove to be a stubborn opponent. Jelena has had a good week, but I hope she does not think that this is all she would have to do to get up the rankings.

Hingiswinsthis
Oct 18th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Justine is just a wreck! the poor girl is running on fumes, she really needs to rest after this week. although, dokic will have a myskina leipzig week imo. if dokic is going to make a splash, this is her week to do it.

I also believe that the reigning French and US Open Champion will have something left for tomorrow's final;) ALLEZ JUJU!! Another Tier 1 tomorrow!!!

justine&coria
Oct 18th, 2003, 05:29 PM
I really appreciate what Jelena did!
But I really want Justine to become number1, even if it's just for one week.
So i'll be rooting for Justine, and hoping that Dokic continues playing this way in the next tournies !

R&J
Oct 18th, 2003, 06:04 PM
Justine has seemed tired this tournament, so Jelena has a great chance of taking this title. But you know Justine is gonna be extra determined to win so that she can get the #1 ranking. And Jelena will be very determined to capture another title. Lately its been a hard road for her and she has an opportunity to add another title now, she is gonna be really determined to win this. It shall be a very interesting match indeed!!!

Berlin_Calling
Oct 18th, 2003, 06:08 PM
Allez Justine :cool:

DEETHELICK
Oct 18th, 2003, 07:37 PM
I have a feeling that Jelena will win. After she defeated Stevenson in the 2nd round, she looked totally different.

Jelena used to be one of the most mentally toughest players out there. I think its all starting to come back and in addition to Justine's fatigue, Jelena will pull the upset.

However, I do believe that Justine will end the year as No. 1.

Smart
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Good luck Juju!!!

justine&coria
Oct 18th, 2003, 10:06 PM
Jelena can win ! But will she? I don't think so ! Justine must really want to win 1 title since "long" : she's been in 2 consecutive finals! Now, it's time to win!
Anyway, Dokic has an advantage over Justine : with the year she's been having, she's a lot fresher ! (i'm joking)

Smart
Oct 18th, 2003, 10:13 PM
Dokic has the skills to win and her mentally side is good now. However, Juju is far too strong.