PDA

View Full Version : Justine def. Petrova

-Ph51-
Oct 18th, 2003, 12:54 PM
6-4 6-4 and looking very tired!

*liana*
Oct 18th, 2003, 12:58 PM
Congrats.
But I have to say that this was one ugly match! These two girls were having an error fest in there. I sure hope for all the people watching there that Kim-Jelena provide some good tennis and spice it up a bit otherwise..what a waste of money.

Astro Jetson
Oct 18th, 2003, 01:06 PM
I agree with Liana, not a pretty match with a lot of errors. Justine won the most important points, but this match was very even.

Anyway, congrats Justine :bounce:

Doc
Oct 18th, 2003, 01:08 PM
The match was worth watching. It wasn't a complete error-fest. It's just that playing a match at this level, you can't afford more than a couple of errors.

Nadia COULD have won this against a tired Justine, but did not seem to have the self-confidence to believe she could win. Nadia's serving had been awesome up until this match, but was just ordinary today. She kept getting ahead, then played a loose game to get pulled back by Justine.

When nadia looked like getting a break ahead at 4-4 in the 2nd, Justine looked really desperate - but got let-off again.

So Terminator JuJu continues her rampage!

nygirl
Oct 18th, 2003, 01:42 PM
I truly thought that Petrova might win this one or at least go to 3 sets. But again Juju finished it off in 2 sets. This says a lot about women's tennis IMO. I mean if an obviously tired player can finish off both the #12 and #13 on the rankings then I hardly think you can say that there is a lot of depth in the WTA.

Having said that I don't think Juju stands much of a chance against Kim in the final, Kim is trashing Dokic and seems as fresh as a daisy.

Rtael
Oct 18th, 2003, 01:44 PM
I truly thought that Petrova might win this one or at least go to 3 sets. But again Juju finished it off in 2 sets. This says a lot about women's tennis IMO. I mean if an obviously tired player can finish off both the #12 and #13 on the rankings then I hardly think you can say that there is a lot of depth in the WTA.

Having said that I don't think Juju stands much of a chance against Kim in the final, Kim is trashing Dokic and seems as fresh as a daisy.

actually, Kim is down 1-3 in the second....

Experimentee
Oct 18th, 2003, 01:45 PM
Nadia :sad:

Daniel
Oct 18th, 2003, 01:55 PM
congrats Juju :)
Nadya :sad:

Chance
Oct 18th, 2003, 02:59 PM
Nadia doesn't play the big points well.. but this week was an improvement. Better luck next week!

Congratulations Justine!!

Joana
Oct 18th, 2003, 05:21 PM
Well done Juju, that was a difficult match, she did look tired. Good luck tomorrow!!! :bounce:

R&J
Oct 18th, 2003, 06:07 PM

I also thought that Nadia would win this - just because Justine has been physically exhausted. I thought that we would be seeing an upset today here. But Justine pulled through somehow, it was Kim that couldnt pull through.

treufreund
Oct 18th, 2003, 06:10 PM
people continue to UNDERestimate JUSTINE :devil:

R&J
Oct 18th, 2003, 06:18 PM
people continue to UNDERestimate JUSTINE :devil:
I never underestimate Justine - just because I said that she has been tired and I thought there might be an upset doesnt mean that I underestimate her always. Justine is an awesome player - and I respect her ability thats for sure.