PDA

View Full Version : BLOWOUT Ratings For Final Yankees/Red Sox Gamee

lizchris
Oct 18th, 2003, 01:45 AM
According to the Drudge Report, in the Boston TV market, the game got an 81% share :eek: , which means almost every TV in the Boston metro area was tuned to the game, epsecially during the last innings of the game. In the NY market the game got a 68% share.

I hope to find an article on this and post it because I have not seen ratings like this for any TV event in any metro area ever!

Barrie_Dude
Oct 18th, 2003, 01:47 AM
According to the Druge Report, in the Boston TV market, the game got an 81% share :eek: , which mean almost every TV in the Boston metro area was tuned to the game, epsecially during the last innings of the game. In the NY market the game got a 68% share.

I hope to find an article on this and post it because I have not seen ratings like this for any TV event in any metro area ever!
68% In NYC = alot of viewers!

Venus Forever
Oct 18th, 2003, 01:57 AM
68% In NYC = alot of viewers!

68% in NYC is about 6 million viewers in a city of over 8 million people. That's more people just watching the game in one city than there are people in any other city.

lizchris
Oct 18th, 2003, 02:39 AM
Friday, October 17

Yanks' dramatic win highest-rated LCS game since '93

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The New York Yankees' 11-inning win over the Boston Red Sox in Game 7 of the AL championship series had the highest LCS TV ratings in a decade.

Fox Sports' telecast Thursday night drew a 17.1 national rating -- the best for an LCS game since Philadelphia's Game 6 victory over Atlanta in 1993 got a 17.4.

The high rating came one night after Wednesday's seventh game win by Florida over the Cubs in the NLCS drew a 16.9 rating.

The average for both championship series, which both went seven games, was 10.7 -- up 65 percent from last year.

A ratings point represents 1,084,000 households, or 1 percent of the nation's estimated 108.4 million TV homes.

Ted of Teds Tennis
Oct 18th, 2003, 04:22 AM
Nitpick:

A 68 share means that 68% of the TV sets in use are tuned to the program.

Theoretically, it would be possible for a show to have a 1 rating, meaning only 1% of households are watching it, but a 100 share, which would mean that every TV set turned on was watching the show (this of course would also imply that only 1% of the TVs were turned on).