PDA

View Full Version : Where's my tour?

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Oct 17th, 2003, 11:51 PM
When I first came on to the WTA Fanatics Association, I was used to having Martina Hingis giving me problems falling asleep.

Venus and Serena were ranked 6 and 17, respectively. Anna Kournikova was in the top 10 and Lindsay Davenport played.

Monica Seles made semifinals of grandslams ranking in the top 4. Irinia Spirlea was cussing in every match.

Conchita and Aranxta represented the Armada ever so proudly. Steffi still showed off her prowess every time on the court.

So I ask, where's my tour?

For the first time in over 5 years, I did not print the WTA rankings and save them (I started from August 1998 - July 2003).

I have no idea what's going on in tennis except that Venus and Serena are not #1 and #2 and I miss them more than dear life.

So for any other "old-schoolers" out there........ya'll feeling me?

PS - I'm back :)

PPSS -- No disrespect to the current tour, which I'm sure is awesome -- I'm just wishing for my "good ol days"

tennisIlove09
Oct 17th, 2003, 11:55 PM
AMEN! The tour seems so...I don't know, dull right now.

billie_jean_king
Oct 17th, 2003, 11:55 PM
I hear ya! But I understand. You can't handle not seeing me at the top, winning everything in sight. You poor thing. To make you feel better, how about you come and share a burger with me next time you're in town. Just go into any Burger King where there's a tournament happening and I'll probably be there.

Mrs. Peel
Oct 18th, 2003, 12:00 AM
I'm feelin ya! I miss the days where my nerves were shot waiting for the outcome of a match!

GoDominique
Oct 18th, 2003, 12:01 AM
You still expect Steffi to play ? ;)

Hi ! :wavey: Have you been to Greenville again this year ? ;)

BTW, could you maybe reduce your signature a little bit ?

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Oct 18th, 2003, 12:20 AM
;) I didn't make it to Greenville this year, but I saw that Nancy played.

I am back in school and have no free time (except now as I'm on fall break).

BTW - I forgot to mention my favorite pixie -- also known as Mrs. Van Roost. She was one of my fave players back in the day too :)

BTW - thanks to everyone else for responding too!

Tratree
Oct 18th, 2003, 06:23 AM
Welcome back Josh :wavey:

Can't say as I'm all that excited about the tour and I'm going to the championships :unsure:

I was bored with Hingis vs. Davenport all the time in '98-99, bored with Williams x 2 finals the last few years and I'm certainly tired of the all-Belgian affairs. I loved the years when a different girl won each slam. Of course, as a Steffi fan, it never bothered me for her to win 3 out of 4 slams a year, so sue me :angel:

I mainly wish everyone would get healthy, Daniela would gain enough weight not to be faxed city to city and Jennifer Capriati would pull her head out of whatever orifice it is stuck in and win a damn match that matters. Oh, the good old days. I must go now and watch a tape of some quality tennis from days gone by. :bolt:

Chance
Oct 18th, 2003, 11:02 AM
Hey Josh :wavey:

I know what you mean :)

lol-GoDominique's request .... hope the size of my signature is all right ;)

go hingis
Oct 18th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Bring back the days Martina took home the trophies.

CC
Oct 18th, 2003, 06:14 PM
Maybe we should have a Mass Exodus over to ATP. If only there were more bitches on that tour it would be perfect.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Oct 20th, 2003, 02:23 AM
:wavey: Hi Traci.......wow, long time no see :)

How it be?

ally baker
Oct 20th, 2003, 02:29 AM
1) Find new players to love... I had to do the same thing. I was bored with the women's game during the late 90's... until I found an extremely tall Russian girl that I developed quite an interest in.

2) I know you're a fan of challengers, and such. I find it much more fun watching the young players, and the worse players develop. It gives you more options... and I personally find that more interesting than following the Top 10.

3) Bust out some old tapes... and enjoy that.

persond
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:06 AM
Welcome back Josh...!!! I, too, feel that there's a "lot missing" from the tour and would gladly welcome back the "days of old"...!!! :hearts: :hearts: But, you know what they say; "you can't go home again"...!!!

AjdeNate!
Oct 20th, 2003, 05:09 AM
Welcome back - and I completely sympathize with your first post! ;)

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Oct 21st, 2003, 01:35 AM
:kiss: Seles........it's been rough, hasn't it?

harloo
Oct 21st, 2003, 02:05 AM
I feel you on this one. The gold ole days were something.

You had Hingis still in contention she was playing good tennis. Their were so many classic matchups between her and the sisters(especially venus).

You had Lindsay competing in full sail. Monica was still in the thick of things. Mary was still a force to be reckoned with, ASV was still competing well. Steffi was still around. It was exciting, and you were always in suspense as to what would happen.

I just feel that the tour is getting boring somewhat. It just feels forced or something. Venus and Serena are out, Monica is not playing, Lindsay is gone, Capriati can't beat the belgians, ASV is gone, Sandrine is gone.

It really feels like the new players are not that interesting enough, or none of them cannot even contest Kim or Justine. I just don't feel the excitement anymore. :sad:

TM
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:08 AM
:tears: bring them back! where have all the TENNIS gone?

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 21st, 2003, 03:31 AM
I miss lots of those players, but times change. The tragic losses are Martina H and Anna K, both so young.

But the current tour is full of interesting, exciting players. You're all just gonna have to warm to Juju, Kimmie, Momo, Nastya, Chanda, Ai, and so on....and what's not to warm to?

ys
Oct 21st, 2003, 04:06 AM

So I ask, where's my tour?

Here is your tour..

Joshua's Tour (http://www.adultvideohub.com/world-sex-tour.html)

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Oct 21st, 2003, 05:04 PM
Thank you ys - too bad I don't swing that way ;)

DA FOREHAND
Oct 21st, 2003, 05:37 PM
"I mainly wish everyone would get healthy, Daniela would gain enough weight not to be faxed city to city and Jennifer Capriati would pull her head out of whatever orifice it is stuck in and win a damn match that matters. Oh, the good old days. I must go"

:lol: :lol: amen to that