PDA

View Full Version : People who have traveled to Cancun,Cozumel, etc , Costa Rica from the US. in here plz

selesfan1
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:36 PM
I am in charge of planning a trip to either Mexico or Costa Rica. I have been to these places numerous times however, I haven't been to the resort/vacation spots in either place except for a day trip to Puerto Vallarta once. So I would like some advice if you have traveled there. How much did it cost you? Where did you stay? How was your experience there? Could you tell that you were in a foreign country or just like at a resort some where? I have looked at various places on the internet and through brochures but all of them look great so I would like to know from your own expeience how it was. I would like for the people going to experience the culture of that country and I am very doubtful that that could happen at a resort in Cancun or a place like that. So any help is truly appreciated.

decemberlove
Oct 17th, 2003, 11:03 PM
i dunno bout prices and all... but theres a lot of culture and history around cancun... you just gotta look for it.
conzumel andxcaret with underground rivers and ruins.
dont miss the pyramids and beautiful mayan history.
you can also fork out some cash and take a day trip to cuba.

disposablehero
Oct 17th, 2003, 11:41 PM
Well, since you didn't want to hear from Canadians who have been to Cancun, never mind.

disposablehero
Oct 17th, 2003, 11:48 PM
Oh, OK, since you are a Monica fan, I will cut you a break. Go to Cancun. My advice would be to handle the hotel when you get there. It's very easy to get on a bus to Playa Del Carmen, stay there or take the ferry to Cozumel. Also you can ferry to Isla Mujeres from Cancun, which is pretty cool. If you pack light you can move around Quintana Roo and see it all in a couple weeks.

selesfan1
Oct 18th, 2003, 04:53 PM
Thank you so much

decemberlove
Oct 18th, 2003, 10:58 PM
btw, ive heard costa rica is absolutely gorgeous... my friend stayed there for a month and was never bored with its beauty. i just dont know much about it to give you any info.