PDA

View Full Version : Dokic CRUSHES defending champ Schndyer 6-0 6-3!

tennisIlove09
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Is this her first semi this year? Dokic to face Clijsters; Henin-Hardenne to face Petrova

Hurley
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:58 PM
It's her second semi this year (Warsaw).

Dokic back into the Top 20 :eek:

Mrs. Peel
Oct 17th, 2003, 08:00 PM
That was a serious beatdown....Patty got her assed kicked! I wonder what happened...after beating Mauresmo so badly...oh well!

bandabou
Oct 17th, 2003, 08:02 PM
Hmmm...pretty good beating. Can she re-find this magic against Kim?!

Havok
Oct 17th, 2003, 08:06 PM
oh Jelena you FINALLY make me happy:bounce:

Warrior
Oct 17th, 2003, 08:16 PM
Well done Jelena! I hope she's on her way to full recovery from the slump.

Princess Fiona
Oct 17th, 2003, 08:18 PM
Wow!! Congrats Jelena!! I'm sorry Patty had to lose in front of the Zurich crowd but she did so well to beat Eleni and Amélie this tournament... Aaaah, there will be a happy King in the Palace of Palau... :D ;)

*JR*
Oct 17th, 2003, 08:22 PM
Frankly, the Peppermint Pasting was no surprise, except the one-sided score. It was correct noted in one of yesterday's threads that Momo wasn't hitting a "flat ball" thus allowing Patty to tee up on everything. Jeca can't hit it anything BUT hard and flat so her Power Prevailed.

vs1
Oct 17th, 2003, 08:26 PM
Congrats Jelena. Hopefully this is the beginning of her climb back up!!

Patty... :sad:

Fyndh0rnElf
Oct 17th, 2003, 08:27 PM
Frankly, the Peppermint Pasting was no surprise, except the one-sided score. It was correct noted in one of yesterday's threads that Momo wasn't hitting a "flat ball" thus allowing Patty to tee up on everything. Jeca can't hit it anything BUT hard and flat so her Power Prevailed.

Bullshit. Patty's game fell apart 'cause she doesn't have a backhand and Dokic wasn't hitting to her forehand at all. Smart play by Dokic

DEETHELICK
Oct 17th, 2003, 08:28 PM
Jelena played awesome, I would never have thought she was having a bad year from that performance. Just solid power hitting. And she kept the ball low which frustrated Patty.

Let's hope Jelena can recreate some magic again tomorrow. It'd be nice to see her doing well again! :)

*JR*
Oct 17th, 2003, 08:32 PM
Bullshit. Patty's game fell apart 'cause she doesn't have a backhand and Dokic wasn't hitting to her forehand at all. Smart play by Dokic Kinda true. (As Tammy showed @ the USO, Patty can't handle hard shots to her "right wing").

faboozadoo15
Oct 17th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Go Jelena!!!

vutt
Oct 17th, 2003, 09:14 PM
I'm still in shook. :eek:
It seems Christmas came earlier this year for Jeca fans :bounce:

Nikola
Oct 17th, 2003, 09:47 PM
:bounce:

UDiTY
Oct 17th, 2003, 09:52 PM
:eek: :eek: Go Jelena!!

Wow, I was expecting the opposite score, seeing how Patty knocked off MoMo...anyway has Jelena playing well!??!

Too bad she has no chance against Kim :mad:

Dava
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:03 PM
Go Jelena!

Daniel
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:08 PM
well done Jelena!! :)

fammmmedspin
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:20 PM
OK who was that out there pretending to be Jelena? She only played like Jelena for two games in the last set. She hit like a sister with better consistency than Hingis. Patty's error count was up true and she might have turned it around with a rebreak as the Jelena imposter slowed in the second set, but I think Patty was just shocked to see "Jelena" playing like Jelena can't play.Truly strange in a very encouraging way for Jelena's fans if the "new" Jelena hangs around.

Leo_DFP
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:26 PM
I would have liked to have seen the semifinals reversed. Henin-Hardenne has owned Petrova'as ass this year while Clijsters has had no problem in '03 with Dokic. I bet it would be more interesting the other way around, but oh well. Time for Clijsters vs. Henin-Hardenne for a second straight final with the #1 ranking on the line. How exciting! :D

matthias
Oct 17th, 2003, 11:38 PM
never saw such a unmotivated player in front of the home-crowd

Rothes
Oct 17th, 2003, 11:55 PM
Well Luckily I was there watching her today, To tired at the moment to post, but in a few hours, I'll tell you my report of the match.

Fyndh0rnElf
Oct 18th, 2003, 12:34 AM
OK who was that out there pretending to be Jelena? She only played like Jelena for two games in the last set. She hit like a sister with better consistency than Hingis. Patty's error count was up true and she might have turned it around with a rebreak as the Jelena imposter slowed in the second set, but I think Patty was just shocked to see "Jelena" playing like Jelena can't play.Truly strange in a very encouraging way for Jelena's fans if the "new" Jelena hangs around.

Are you kidding? She used to play like that on a regular basis. The last year just totally sucked. I don't even think she played that well, she still missed the lines sometimes, shots she would never miss 1or 2 years ago.

She has beaten Hingis and Venus 6-2 6-0 and 6-1 6-2, so she HAS played better before

fammmmedspin
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:09 AM
Are you kidding? She used to play like that on a regular basis. The last year just totally sucked. I don't even think she played that well, she still missed the lines sometimes, shots she would never miss 1or 2 years ago.

She has beaten Hingis and Venus 6-2 6-0 and 6-1 6-2, so she HAS played better before

She didn't use to be THAT consistent with so much power or serve like that - I've seen patches of it before but not so aggressively for that long. The serve has been adapted to effect and she seems to think she was playing better herself. She's been getting more imaginative while her head and her serve were AWOL but today she put it all together.

slice
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:22 AM
WELL DONE JELENA! :bounce: :hearts:

shap_half
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:33 AM
I"m so fucking happy!!!!! Good job Jelena!!!

Tennisfan-Mtl
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:42 AM
Patty :( Disastrous...

vogus
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:14 AM
I was going to say the same thing about Patty's backhand, i think maybe the word is getting around on the tour that she is pretty shaky on this side and if you keep hitting to it, it tends to break down. I read that Kim always plays everything to Patty's backhand, and at the USO match (which i saw) that was how Tammy beat Patty - hitting every single ball over there. The only thing is, something that obvious in her game, you'd think it would have been a problem for Patty earlier on.

switz
Oct 18th, 2003, 09:01 AM
I was going to say the same thing about Patty's backhand, i think maybe the word is getting around on the tour that she is pretty shaky on this side and if you keep hitting to it, it tends to break down. I read that Kim always plays everything to Patty's backhand, and at the USO match (which i saw) that was how Tammy beat Patty - hitting every single ball over there. The only thing is, something that obvious in her game, you'd think it would have been a problem for Patty earlier on.

patty backhand isn't a bad shot like it is for shaughnessy for example. unlike her forehand, however, she just doesn't do very much with it and thus if a player focuses on that wing they often are able to dictate the play.

Car Key Boi
Oct 18th, 2003, 10:13 AM
Ra! the Uber-Babe is back! :banana:

*JR*
Oct 18th, 2003, 11:03 AM
patty backhand isn't a bad shot like it is for shaughnessy for example. unlike her forehand, however, she just doesn't do very much with it and thus if a player focuses on that wing they often are able to dictate the play. This is why Fyndhorn and I both named part of the (on-court) Peppermint Problem. Just going to Patty's right isn't enough; going there with power is. So if Momo (who has all the shots, but awful shot selection @ times) was tentatively "throwing it in" to that side, it's not enough.

Edward.
Oct 18th, 2003, 12:48 PM
Congratulations, Jelena!! :yeah: