PDA

View Full Version : Justine withdrew

Linnie
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:00 PM
http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/031017/5/3gbh1.html

Tennis: Henin-Hardenne forfait à Linz

ZURICH (AP) - La numéro 2 mondiale Justine Henin-Hardenne, trop fatiguée, a déclaré forfait pour le tournoi de Linz (Autriche) programmé la semaine prochaine, a annoncé la WTA vendredi.La Belge, qui a déjà assuré sa place aux Masters de Los Angeles en fin d'année, avait remporté le tournoi autrichien la saison dernière en battant en finale l'Américaine Alexandra Stevenson."Malheureusement, je n'ai pas d'autre option que de me reposer après cette semaine pour être sûre d'être à 100% pour les Masters dans trois semaines", a déclaré Henin-Hardenne, qui pourrait devenir numéro un mondiale en fin de semaine si elle s'mpose à Zurich. AP

Will they try to get another top tenner Amélie :angel: ;) to play?

lizchris
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:22 PM
So that means Myskina is the highest seed?

That's pretty weak for a Tier II tournament. At this point, the highest seed they could get is either Venus or Amelie and I don't think they will get either.

griffin
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:37 PM
There has been a rumor that Amelie will play, in fact.

Not saying it's reliable, but...

Linnie
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:42 PM
According to the tourney website, they're in the process of getting another top ten player to enter. The draw will be done on Sunday now, instead of Saturday.

I've heard that rumor, too.... ;)

DEETHELICK
Oct 17th, 2003, 08:22 PM
To be honest, its not a surprise. I think Amelie should rest too, especially with the YEC Champs coming up!

It's be better to see the top players there rested and ready to play! :)

Smart
Oct 17th, 2003, 09:09 PM
Good decision. Linz is already a little tournament in Juju's scale. I think that she is in better shape in the Championships now.

Allez Juju!

matthias
Oct 17th, 2003, 11:45 PM
the WTA-Tour give a garantee and so there have to be 2 top10 players
now there is just 1, and so WTA have to make a top10 girl play, or have to pay

JennyS
Oct 18th, 2003, 12:16 AM
Well, they can't use the gold exempt list on Jen, since they already got her to play Moscow that way.

I wonder which top 10 player they will get. Maybe they can get one of the players who is commited to Luxembourg to play. Maybe Elena or Chanda?

Tennisfan-Mtl
Oct 18th, 2003, 10:47 AM
Justine :( Rest well :)

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 18th, 2003, 02:22 PM
its not Top 10 ranks of this week
its TOP 10 of GOLD EXEMPT LIST 2003

Gold Exempt List 2003
1. Serena Williams ---- OUT NOT PLAYING
2. Venus Williams --- OUT NOT PLAYING
3. Jennifer Capriati --- "PISS OFF you already forced me to play Moscow, you know"
4. Martina Hingis
5. Lindsay Davenport --OP OUT
6. Monica Seles OUT
7. Amelie Mauresmo...... possibly maybe
8. Jelena Dokic
9. Kim Clijsters-- playing LUX
10. Justine Henin/s] withdrew
[s]11. Anna Kournikova (wc) OUT
12. Daniela Hantuchova
13. Anastasia Myskina
14. Chanda Rubin playing LUX

so as it stands they got 3 Top 10 in (Dokic, Hantuchova plus Myskina (both was promoted when Seles/Hingis/Anna being out)

Chanda is next one on list, if they cant force Amelie.

Elena D withdrew from LUX too cos she's tired