PDA

View Full Version : Henin def. Zvonareva

-Ph51-
Oct 17th, 2003, 02:03 PM
6-4 and 6-2!

bandabou
Oct 17th, 2003, 02:14 PM
Good match by Juju....at least she didnīt look tired today. Down goes another russian! Juju seems to have a thing with those russians!

shap_half
Oct 17th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Justine in her whole career has only lost 3 times to a Russian: once to Dementieva and twice to Myskina.

pigam
Oct 17th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Great for Ju! Nice she was able to finish it off in 2 sets. I still think she's tired, and I hope she won't feel obliged to play Linz... Go Justine!!! :)

fleemkeģ
Oct 17th, 2003, 02:20 PM
Great match from Justine and Vera :D some points were really amazing :)

Justine looked fit, played well and SMILED after her match! I think she enjoyed that match and that's what she needs imo :D

Good luck against the Russian player tomorrow :)

schris
Oct 17th, 2003, 02:28 PM
Congrats Justine :)

Daniel
Oct 17th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Congrats Juju :)
Vera :sad:

Allez-H
Oct 17th, 2003, 04:38 PM
Juju has won 32 of the 35 matches she played against a russian.:eek:

Hingiswinsthis
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:00 PM
make it 33 of 36 tomorrow JuJu against Nadia:D!

Toontje
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:08 PM
Russian players are second-rate players......the U.S. players are the best players!

Juju has won only 30 of the 58 matches she played against a U.S player.........and won only 9 of the 20 matches she played against a Belgian player.

How can you call her the best player with a 51.72% W/L rekord against US players and a 45% W/L rekord against players from her own country.

She's even not the best player in her own country!

Princess Fiona
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:12 PM
Congrats Justine!! Good luck against Nadia tomorrow!! :) :)

nygirl
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:18 PM
Russian players are second-rate players......the U.S. players are the best players!

Juju has won only 30 of the 58 matches she played against a U.S player.........and won only 9 of the 20 matches she played against a Belgian player.

How can you call her the best player with a 51.72% W/L rekord against US players and a 45% W/L rekord against players from her own country.

Oh look, Toontje with his figures again :wavey:

I think she very effictively showed who is best in Belgium by beating the so-called 'better player' in 2 slams. Like Enberg said during the US Open ceremony: #1 in the world but only #2 in Belgium :o

Martian KC
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:27 PM

:confused: I guess holding 2 grand slams doesn't mean anything to you. :lol:

Toontje
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:35 PM
Who the f*ck is Endberg?

Kim has won 4 times "The sportwoman of the year award" in belgium........and Justine none!.....says enough!

Using the media to influence Kim right before the US open final.....that's how she could win from Kim!

Schalckske
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:42 PM

Again, i fail to understand why you use matches of years ago, to prove who is the best player now :confused:

nygirl
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:46 PM
Who the f*ck is Endberg?

Kim has won 4 times "The sportwoman of the year award" in belgium........and Justine none!.....says enough!

Using the media to influence Kim right before the US open final.....that's how she could win from Kim!

Sportswoman of the year :haha: Is that a prize that has some kind of recognition OUTSIDE of Belgium?

Sportswoman of the year x4 OR 2 GRAND SLAMS :scratch: gee, what prize should I pick, it's such a hard choice :rolleyes:

Toontje
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Again, i fail to understand why you use matches of years ago, to prove who is the best player now :confused:

Ask,shap_half....why he did that!

"Justine in her whole career has only lost 3 times to a Russian: once to Dementieva and twice to Myskina."

spooky
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Sportswoman of the year :haha: Is that a prize that has some kind of recognition OUTSIDE of Belgium?

Sportswoman of the year x4 OR 2 GRAND SLAMS :scratch: gee, what prize should I pick, it's such a hard choice :rolleyes:

Sportswoman of the year is a chicken award.

Schalckske
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Ask,shap_half....why he did that!

"Justine in her whole career has only lost 3 times to a Russian: once to Dementieva and twice to Myskina."

shap half didn't use this "stat" to show that justine is better than whoever. He didn't say that because of this, justine is better than kim, venus, serena ... He just mentioned a personal stat for justine, without mentioning others.
But hey, we all know how soon you feel offended

Martian KC
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:54 PM
:confused: Lina K hasn't beaten Justine, but she's beaten clijsters, so I suppose Lina K is better than clijsters.

drapero
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Toontje hey !!! Why don't you give us Clijsters stats against Americans and Russians ?

Smart
Oct 17th, 2003, 08:17 PM
Well done Juju!!

Toontje
Oct 17th, 2003, 08:28 PM
shap half didn't use this "stat" to show that justine is better than whoever. He didn't say that because of this, justine is better than kim, venus, serena ... He just mentioned a personal stat for justine, without mentioning others.
But hey, we all know how soon you feel offended

C'mon Schalckske..........there's always a justine fan each day who tells that Justine is the best player.

Why don't you admit that kim is better then justine?

Schalckske
Oct 17th, 2003, 08:35 PM
C'mon Schalckske..........there's always a justine fan each day who tells that Justine is the best player.

Why don't you admit that kim is better then justine?

Why do I have to admit kim is the better player. I have no problem to say kim has had a better career till last year, and she was superior to justine. But it seems to me that you have a problem on admitting justine has had a better year than kim (which does not have to mean that kims year was bad, not at all). Why is it so hard to see that justine was a bit better this year ?

Joana
Oct 17th, 2003, 08:39 PM
Well done Justine :bounce: :yeah:

alexusjonesfan
Oct 17th, 2003, 09:03 PM
Bugger off Toonje :D

I was starting to actually respect you and now you go on ignore :yeah:

narcissus boy
Oct 17th, 2003, 09:04 PM

Toontje
Oct 17th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Why do I have to admit kim is the better player. I have no problem to say kim has had a better career till last year, and she was superior to justine. But it seems to me that you have a problem on admitting justine has had a better year than kim (which does not have to mean that kims year was bad, not at all). Why is it so hard to see that justine was a bit better this year ?

No.1 in Singles and doubles.......won 7 tournaments....played in 13 finals and another 4 semi-finals in singles, won 2 grand slams in doubles and 4 tournaments........and won 79 matches this year.......fourth best since "open era"!

Watch sunday and you'll see who's the best!

Matches won in one year

Navratilova (1989) 89
Steffi Graf(1989)86
Chris Evert (1979)84
Kim Clijsters (2003) 79
Hingis (2000) 77
Seles (1991) 74
Martinez C. (1993) 71
Davenport (1998) 69
Justine (2003) 69
Venus (2002) 62
Serena (2002) 56
Capriati (2001) 56

Mauresmo (2002) 48

Justine was a bit better during may, june,July,August and one week in september........in a period were Kim also won four tournaments in singles and two grand slams in doubles.

justine&coria
Oct 17th, 2003, 09:19 PM
Toontje, we're still waiting for Clijsters' stats against the Americans and the Russians !!

nygirl
Oct 17th, 2003, 09:31 PM
No.1 in Singles and doubles.......won 7 tournaments....played in 13 finals and another 4 semi-finals in singles, won 2 grand slams in doubles and 4 tournaments........and won 79 matches this year.......fourth best since "open era"!

Justine was a bit better during may, june,July,August and one week in september........in a period were Kim also won four tournaments in singles and two grand slams in doubles.

It's not exactly a feat to have won 79 matches when you've played the most tourneys compared to the rest of the top.

I'm gonna quote John McEnroe on this because he really said it best. During Wimbledon this year he was asked about Kim and the #1 ranking (which she hadn't clinched yet at that point), he said: 'I don't care how much she plays, when she plays against the rest of the best she looses.'

Toontje
Oct 17th, 2003, 09:43 PM
Do you see a kim fan posting that kim owns "The Spanish Armada" during her career.......no....so, why do justine fans has to tell that each week about the Russian players?

Kim W/L rekord % against US players is almost 20% better then Justine's W/L rekord.

Toontje
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:06 PM
It's not exactly a feat to have won 79 matches when you've played the most tourneys compared to the rest of the top.

I'm gonna quote John McEnroe on this because he really said it best. During Wimbledon this year he was asked about Kim and the #1 ranking (which she hadn't clinched yet at that point), he said: 'I don't care how much she plays, when she plays against the rest of the best she looses.'

How many tourneys did Navratilova, Steffi Graf or Chris Evert played that year,do you think?......not 6 or 8 ofcourse......even if justine played 21 tourneys......she never could have won 10 matches in (coming) two tourneys.

John McEnroe better shut-up with his big mouth.....watch sunday who's going to lose!

Matches won in one year

Navratilova (1989) 89
Steffi Graf(1989)86
Chris Evert (1979)84
Kim Clijsters (2003) 79
Hingis (2000) 77
Seles (1991) 74
Martinez C. (1993) 71
Davenport (1998) 69
Justine (2003) 69
Venus (2002) 62
Serena (2002) 56
Capriati (2001) 56

Mauresmo (2002) 48

bandabou
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:39 PM

Exactly....hasnīt beaten Serena, hasnīt beaten Venus and only last week could beat Justine in a final where both were healthy.

Jeez, at least Hingis was the best when she reached no.1 for the first time...Kimīs no.1 rank= pretty laughable. No.1 and you canīt beat three players?!

nygirl
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:54 PM
How many tourneys did Navratilova, Steffi Graf or Chris Evert played that year,do you think?......not 6 or 8 ofcourse......even if justine played 21 tourneys......she never could have won 10 matches in (coming) two tourneys.

John McEnroe better shut-up with his big mouth.....watch sunday who's going to lose!

Matches won in one year

Navratilova (1989) 89
Steffi Graf(1989)86
Chris Evert (1979)84
Kim Clijsters (2003) 79
Hingis (2000) 77
Seles (1991) 74
Martinez C. (1993) 71
Davenport (1998) 69
Justine (2003) 69
Venus (2002) 62
Serena (2002) 56
Capriati (2001) 56

Mauresmo (2002) 48

Oh puh-lease stop with those senseless figures of yours already. That list means absolutely nothing. And John was 100% right. In 2003 she has a losing H2H against every other topplayer. That's a pretty horrible record for the world's #1 :o . I was hoping she wouldn't finish the year as #1, even if it was just so the WTA ranking wouldn't look so foolish. But as Juju won't be playing Linz she doesn't stand much chance on clinching that #1 spot this year.

Toontje, how many big titles did Kim win this year btw? I'll tell you: she has one Tier I...Justine won 3 this year alone, which is more than Kim has in her entire career :o

Martian KC
Oct 17th, 2003, 11:08 PM
I don't recall any Justine fan bragging that Justine is the best player ever. Some people are soo delusional.

Gowza
Oct 17th, 2003, 11:09 PM
as soon as she beats one russian another russian comes to the forthe. will nadia be the fourth russian to beat henin? good luck nadia!

but as much as i hate justine beating all my russian favs i have to give her credit so, well done justine on another fine win.

shap_half
Oct 18th, 2003, 04:01 AM
my intentions for posting that up was to show Justine's personal record against the Russians. To show that Justine has played well when playing a Russian. Because with all this talk about the Russians coming and going, Justine doesn't seem to be fazed by them.

Toontje
Oct 18th, 2003, 07:26 AM
Exactly....hasnīt beaten Serena, hasnīt beaten Venus and only last week could beat Justine in a final where both were healthy.

Jeez, at least Hingis was the best when she reached no.1 for the first time...Kimīs no.1 rank= pretty laughable. No.1 and you canīt beat three players?!

H2H Kim vs. Justine 5-4 in the last 12 months

H2H Kim vs. Venus 1-2 in the last 12 months......and she only could win one tournament out of seven she played!

H2H Kim vs. Serena 1-2 in the last 12 months......did you see that Serena readed a letter at the AO semi-final in the third set?......on that letter, you could read........"laugh, if you want to pay $1M to make a Serena Slam".........otherwise, Kim would have won with 6-1 in the third set.

Toontje
Oct 18th, 2003, 07:43 AM
Justine only won two grand slams by influence the media, crowd and players.........the Williams are not much better when it comes to intimidation players.

katrientje
Oct 18th, 2003, 07:55 AM
Toontje, why do you always have to disturb threads about Justine? you are the one, dragging Kim into this, no one else. djeez, you certainly know how to drive someone crazy... :rolleyes:
Kim is a great player and not a single person would deny she had an amazing year, give it a rest...

Toontje
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:26 AM
Look at your own posts before you throw with mud.

I'll stay away from this thread if it drives you crazy!.....OK!

Oct 16th, 2003, 05:53 AM
Post #32

katrientje

Kim! I thought she'd be a decent top 10 player, but nothing more.
Elena demientieva too, I was starting to think it would never really work out for her, but she proved me wrong this year

katrientje
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:30 AM
Look at your own posts before you throw with mud.

I'll stay away from this thread if it drives you crazy!.....OK!

Oct 16th, 2003, 05:53 AM
Post #32

katrientje

Kim! I thought she'd be a decent top 10 player, but nothing more.
Elena demientieva too, I was starting to think it would never really work out for her, but she proved me wrong this year

That's just what I thought 4 years ago, that thread was about which player EXCEEDED your expectations? so, this is a positive thing, no?
I just honestly answered the question...

per4ever
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:51 AM
Justine only won two grand slams by influence the media, crowd and players.........the Williams are not much better when it comes to intimidation players.
:lol: you're such a sad fan!!!!!

SORE LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You try to prove that Kim is better with all those stupid statistics. Justine has the results..2 GS's versus 0 GS's.