PDA

View Full Version : 2003 World Series Thread - Yankees vs. Marlins!

lizchris
Oct 17th, 2003, 05:26 AM
The series starts on Saturday at Yankee stadium.

Does anyone have any predictions?

I think it will go to seven games, but I don't know who will win.

casanovalover
Oct 17th, 2003, 05:41 AM
should have been cubs vs. red soxs. why do i always support teams/tennis players that are let down marchants?

alexusjonesfan
Oct 17th, 2003, 05:44 AM
Marlins in 5 ;)

http://www.svenreck.claranet.de/sport/baseball10.gif

casanovalover
Oct 17th, 2003, 05:53 AM
yankees in 1.

Venus Forever
Oct 17th, 2003, 01:16 PM
YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Cariaoke
Oct 17th, 2003, 01:23 PM
Yay! Marlins!

Marlins in six!!!!

Zamboni
Oct 17th, 2003, 01:45 PM
:bounce: Marlins!

When was the last time they made the World Series? I became a fan back then :) Not that I know anything about them, living in Europe and all ;)

I kinda like the Yankees too, but they have enough titles, Go Marlins!

CC
Oct 17th, 2003, 01:49 PM
Everytime this thing comes on it's the Yankees that's playing. The other teams suck or what?

alexusjonesfan
Oct 17th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Everytime this thing comes on it's the Yankees that's playing. The other teams suck or what?

Shut up, they're the All-Blacks of baseball :p

the cat
Oct 17th, 2003, 02:45 PM
I think the Marlins with their great speed and power will give the Yankees some problems. But in the end I'll go with the Yankees in 6 games because of their experience and superior pitching. I think the teams will split games in New York. Then the Yankees will win 2 out of 3 in Florida. Than close it out back in New York in 6 games.

P.S. - There will be alot of Yankee fans at the World Series games in Florida. And that could upset the Marlins and cause them to press which would be advantageous to the Yankees. :eek:

CC
Oct 17th, 2003, 03:03 PM
Shut up, they're the All-Blacks of baseball :p

I can't shut up cuz I don't know who the All-Blacks are. :p

Are they like the Venus-Serena of Tennis or something?

GBFH
Oct 17th, 2003, 03:35 PM
no, they're the Montreal Canadiens of baseball..."the victory parade will follow the usual route."

anyway...go marlins. anyone who escapes the rangers should get a ring (go pudge).

alexusjonesfan
Oct 17th, 2003, 03:36 PM
I can't shut up cuz I don't know who the All-Blacks are. :p

Are they like the Venus-Serena of Tennis or something?

They're like the Tiger Woods of Baseball. :p

You think he's behind, you think he's gonna lose it....and then....:explode:

Cariaoke
Oct 17th, 2003, 09:56 PM
^ LOL!

they didn't make it last year though. :)

Crazy Canuck
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:20 PM
After my many years of hatred, I will admit that they Yankees always win because they are the best team, and other teams know this, so they find a way to fuck it up when they are in position to win (right Bosox?) :p

I'm only sad to learn that one of these teams has to win :p

King Satan
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:22 PM
I'm gonna miss game one. i'm off to a concert tomorrow. :sad::D

Crazy Canuck
Oct 17th, 2003, 10:37 PM
I'm gonna miss game one. i'm off to a concert tomorrow. :sad::D
Oh no! I'll be sure to follow it play by play for you. ERRRRRR, NOT! But I'm sure one of these Yankee/Marlin tards will tell you all about it :p

I can't root for the Yankees because I don't like people/teams that "always" win (zzzz boring), and I simply can't muster up any feeling at all for the damn Marlins. So BOO both.

GBFH
Oct 17th, 2003, 11:04 PM
yeup, the crazy-ass canuck is correct. this world series blows...at least it's hockey season :)

lizchris
Oct 18th, 2003, 01:42 AM
It was announced today that Yankees pitcher David Wells and Marlins pitcher Brad Penny will start Game One of the World Series on Saturday night.

The game is scheduled to start at 8:06 PM.

adss
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:25 AM
worse.world series.ever
actually the worse would be braves/yankees, but since it could have been cubs/bosoxs, this is the worse

Venus Forever
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:36 AM
1. How can it be the worse if there have been no games played yet??

2. What makes a Cubs vs. Red Sox better? Just because neither have won it in like 100 years?? They were the worst teams of the four, which should be worse quality.

3. The Yankees and The Marlins won the number of games required to get to the World Series, they deserve to be there.

What's the point of bitching if it hasn't happened yet??

spokenword73
Oct 18th, 2003, 04:25 AM
The curse of the bambino lives!! Yankees in 6!
:bounce:

adss
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:23 PM
1. How can it be the worse if there have been no games played yet??

cause i hate the yankees, and i'm a cubs fan.

2. What makes a Cubs vs. Red Sox better? Just because neither have won it in like 100 years?? They were the worst teams of the four, which should be worse quality.

yes. it makes good drama, and i like happy endings, why else would i want henman win wimbledon?

3. The Yankees and The Marlins won the number of games required to get to the World Series, they deserve to be there.

i can still hate the series

What's the point of bitching if it hasn't happened yet??

cause i'm a bitter, bitchy sports fan.

lizchris
Oct 19th, 2003, 02:02 PM
Well, the Yankees are in a must-win tonght. They lost last night 3-2. David Wells pitched very well, but the Yankees didn't take advantage of scoring opportunities when they had them (and they had a lot of them). Andy Petitte dug the Yankees out of a 1-0 hole in the division series and the ALCS, so hopefully he will be able to do the same tonight.

the cat
Oct 19th, 2003, 05:50 PM
That's true, Liz. Game 2 is a must win for the Yankees. Their lack of clutch hitting and moving runners into scoring postion is alarming. :eek: But I think facing a lefthander like Mark Redmond who isn't overpowering is just what the Doctor ordered for the Yankees and especially Alfonso Soriano who is struggling mightily against righthanded pitchers.

Bobby Valentine of ESPN's "Baseball Tonight" show predicted the Marlins would beat the Yankees in the World Series in 6 games. He also predicted the Marlins to beat the Giants in the National League Divisional Series. The Marlins are a very good team and the Yankees are going to have to play very good baseball to beat them.

Peter M
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:51 PM
F Boone.

lizchris
Oct 24th, 2003, 03:09 AM
That's true, Liz. Game 2 is a must win for the Yankees. Their lack of clutch hitting and moving runners into scoring postion is alarming. :eek: But I think facing a lefthander like Mark Redmond who isn't overpowering is just what the Doctor ordered for the Yankees and especially Alfonso Soriano who is struggling mightily against righthanded pitchers.

Bobby Valentine of ESPN's "Baseball Tonight" show predicted the Marlins would beat the Yankees in the World Series in 6 games. He also predicted the Marlins to beat the Giants in the National League Divisional Series. The Marlins are a very good team and the Yankees are going to have to play very good babseball to beat them.

Well, the Yankees are three outs away from going down 3-2 and I don't think they are going to come back from this one unless Andy Pettitte pitches the game of his life on Saturday. If only they could have won Game 4 they wouldn't be in this mess and would be up 3-1. I hate that bitter Bobby Valentine could be right.

Zamboni
Oct 24th, 2003, 07:20 AM
:bounce: Marlins :D

MarcusRock
Oct 24th, 2003, 02:31 PM
I haven't watched every game all the way through or anything but why in the hell is it that everytime the Yankees score a run or two, the camera always pans to see what Derek Jeter's reaction is? Is he the owner of the team or of baseball something? I don't get it.

CC
Oct 24th, 2003, 02:52 PM
He's cute dammit! There's the only reason you need.

Yay, Yankees are losing.:)

lizchris
Oct 24th, 2003, 04:34 PM
I haven't watched every game all the way through or anything but why in the hell is it that everytime the Yankees score a run or two, the camera always pans to see what Derek Jeter's reaction is? Is he the owner of the team or of baseball something? I don't get it.

Derek is the Yankee team captain, that is why the camera is always on him.

the cat
Oct 24th, 2003, 07:11 PM
LOL @ Marcus! :lol: Heaven forbid the cameraman might actually not focus on Derek Jeter for a couple of innings! :eek: But I have to give it to Jeter because he is playing great baseball and he's not 100% healthy. :D Jeter is the new Mr. October. :worship:

After losing the 2001 World Series to the Arizona Diamondbacks, losing this World Series to the Florida Marlins would be a bitter blow to the New York Yankees. Especially since the Yankees have the important home field advantage in the World Series.

Liz, why do you hate that Bobby Valentine might be right? And why do you think Valentine is bitter? He smiles all the time. ;)