PDA

View Full Version : I have some questions about the Kobe Bryant case

Freewoman33
Oct 17th, 2003, 01:17 AM
Yesterday, it was stated as FACT that the undergarments the young lady wore for her examination had someone elses' sperm on them.

From the Associated Press Kobe Bryant's accuser showed up for her rape exam wearing panties containing another man's sperm, a startling discovery that defense lawyers called "compelling evidence" the NBA star is innocent.

1. My question is; Is it possible that the sperm found in the accuser's underwear could've been left there for weeks or months, if the underwear was not washed properly, or even if the panties were properly washed, but th test was still able to pick up something? Kind of like having a strand of hair on your clothing even after it had been dry cleaned.

Winters also said two pairs of panties from the woman were tested one from the night of June 30, the other the pair she wore to a hospital for an exam the next day.

The latter pair contained blood and semen, Winters said.

"The accuser arrived at the hospital wearing panties with someone else's semen and sperm in them, not that of Mr. Bryant, correct?" Mackey asked.

"That's correct," Winters responded.

Could this blood have been an old stain from her monthly or maybe from the laceration she claimed to have sustained during the alleged rape?

Also, how were they able to acertain that the hair found in the victims panties was of a male? Can DNA testing do that?

How can the defense prove that all the sperm and semen were 2 or 3 days old?

All you experts please help me understand this.

RYNJ
Oct 17th, 2003, 01:27 AM
I think they can find just about anything about your physical appearnce, like hair color, eye color, etc through DNA. Because the DNA is your genitic make up.

The Sperm/semen cannot live outside of the the human body any longer 4 and 6 hours because semen is basically 85% water meaning it can dehydrate once it dehydrates all the spearm gets water loss. But it also depends on the room temperture, the hotter the temp. the faster it will dehydrate or vise versa.

I thats correct from what I learned in bio class laster year lol.

But if you use a black light on bead sheets, etc, you can see something glowing that can likeyly be sperm, just whats left of it hehe.

Sam L
Oct 17th, 2003, 01:34 AM
Who the hell is Kobe Bryant? :confused:

disposablehero
Oct 17th, 2003, 01:52 AM
Fair questions. A DNA test could definitely tell you if a hair is from a male or female.