PDA

View Full Version : Hell has frozen over... iTunes for Windows

Jarrett
Oct 16th, 2003, 09:06 PM
www.apple.com/itunes/

Wow, this is just great. The biggest thing I missed about my ibook was itunes and now they have it for windows. There site is get hammered right now. It is so slow.

Miss Thang
Oct 17th, 2003, 12:35 AM
Boo I went there but I got kinda confuse. Is that a online radio station like they have at VH1? It look good but chile I aint sure how to use it. :o I like some a the song they showin that they play. :cool:

BigB08822
Oct 17th, 2003, 07:13 AM
I would love an ipod but damn, it is tooo expensive.

rand
Oct 17th, 2003, 08:47 AM
iPod is so great :bounce: I'm actually thinking about giving mine a name :bounce:

Cariaoke
Oct 17th, 2003, 02:20 PM
itunes for windows is a song management library. Instead of creating playlists in let's say winamp, itunes finds every song you have on your hard drive and keeps it in a library. you can then make playlists or just play all the songs in your library. every time you start it up, your songs are there. you can burn cd's, share mp3s on a home/office network, connect to the itunes store and buy songs/albums and have them imported straight into your library, you can also encode your files in .aac format, you can also listen to internet radio through it, on your own you can open your browser, go to an online store and drag the pic of the cd cover right into itunes 'album artwork' window if that's your thing (I spent a bit of last night doing it) and it has visualizations and you can shrink it down to a miniplayer format where you can still do work and control your music. you don't even need an ipod to use it! and you can hide the music store if you don't want to be tempted. ;)

There's a pic (yeah that's my collection :o):
http://shad0wb0xer.com/media/itunes.jpg

You need XP or 2000 to use it. Some people are having problems with it crashing. I suggest you have at least 1.2 GHZ and 512 RAM. Anything else and it's a crap shoot.

It's true you don't need an ipod to use it but I got one as a gift. She's pretty... I named her 'babydoll'. I'm waiting on my firewire card to arrive so I can put my songs on her. She's so pretty... I love her... *rubs* ipod.

I downloaded it yesterday when it was first released around 2 PM EST. It's 19.1 megs so if you have dialup... wait for the CD. :)