PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else besides me have the Tennis Channel and think it SUCKS!?!?!

JenCpLvr
Oct 15th, 2003, 08:57 PM
This channel is for the birds... I am so angry that I even got my hopes up and subscribed to this channel. Here I was thinking I would see current WTA and ATP events that I couldn't catch anywhere else, but NOOO.. I'm watching World Team Tennis events from 1998 .. Who cares that Elena Likhovtseva's Detroit team beat Lisa Raymond's St. Louis team 5 YEARS AGO?!?!!? I mean, can I get some support here???? I want to turn on my TV and see Filderstadt, Zurich, Moscow and others that I can't see on the poorly covered ESPN either!!!

This channel total decieved me...I've never once turned on my television and the TENNIS CHANNEL show any live event, or even a recent tape delayed one at that.

Until they get better coverage, to those who haven't thrown your money away yet, please don't!

AjdeNate!
Oct 15th, 2003, 09:01 PM
Is it really that bad? I thought they'd show a lot of the current week's matches. Hmmmmm. I'd still like to see it though. ;)

alexusjonesfan
Oct 15th, 2003, 09:06 PM
btw, is there any way to get Eurosport in North America?

(other than grey-market satellite dishes of course :p)

JenCpLvr
Oct 15th, 2003, 09:11 PM
Rarely they will have an ATP event that occured within the last couple of months.. but, it's never a live one..For example, they've shown a couple of matches for ATP masters events a few weeks after they're over, but at that point, I'm ready to see some current events... and they show re-runs of the same matches OVER AND OVER AND OVER.... it just sucks period!!!

miranda_lou
Oct 15th, 2003, 09:27 PM
Well, I have no idea which Tennis Channel you're watching. :confused:

As we speak, The Tennis Channel is showing the Masters Series, Madrid ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT. They are showing it LIVE beginning at 8:00AM EST and repeating it from the beginning at 6:00 PM EST, EVERYDAY.

Last week they showed Filderstadt and another WTA event (won by Myskina) a couple weeks before. Both were live.

Besides the tennis, there are several interview shows: Lleyton Hewitt, Brian Valahy, Michael Chang and Brad Gilbert. Also, there is a 30 minute show that is a "close up " of various players: Maria Sharapova, Pete Sampras and Corina Moriaiu (to name a few). Coming up will be Lindsay Davenport and Alex Stevenson.

Recently they showed a "Behind the Scenes" of the U.S. Open which had interviews with loads of players. Then there are the broadcasts of several junior events. Plus, my favorite recent show, was called "Chasing the Dream" which followed four juniors in 2000 (including Andy Roddick) as they played the junior Slams. Then they followed up on how they are doing now.

Of course, they repeat shows often. That's because they are NEW and haven't filled out their schedule. The same thing happened with other upstart cable channels. By this time next year they will have a daily schedule similar to other cable channels that I watch, such as HGTV and Lifetime.

Give them a break and stop being so impatient!!! Things will get better and there will be more live tennis next year because they have rights to all the European Masters events and a ton of WTA events.

The Tennis Channel is wonderful and I hope it's a great success. :worship:

Scotso
Oct 15th, 2003, 09:33 PM
Well give it to me then :sad:

tennisluver99
Oct 15th, 2003, 09:57 PM
Didn't they show the Filderstadt final live?
I wanted to see the match, also would of liked to watch the Davis Cup match of Hewitt-Federer, the TTC showed that too I think (instead watched the US Davis Cup team, only matches I liked were the Hrbaty-Roddick and the Bryan Brothers).

I wish I had the Tennis Channel!

viele
Oct 16th, 2003, 12:56 AM
I wish I had it also and I wouldn't be complaining so much even if it did suck. You have to give them some time before they can truly develop into what we expect. Until then, be happy that you have something. Most of us have nothing!

jean_genie
Oct 16th, 2003, 03:48 AM
Make room for me on that bandwagon! I'd be glad to have anything. I was so desperate today that I went to the Swisscom site to see the point by point and then simultaneously opened the Eurosport window to listen to the audio. So I couldn't see anything but I heard Nadia and Elena plus the commentary. Better than bupkis which is what I have now.

slice
Oct 16th, 2003, 04:53 AM
well at least u ppl have the option of getting tennis channels! here in oz all we can settle 4 is atp, which isnt that bad, but we want wta events! :fiery:

mishar
Oct 16th, 2003, 02:17 PM
This week with Madrid is great, but I have to say, some of the stuff is outrageously weird. Not only a lot of world team tennis, but exhibitions from the 70s? Mixed-doubles exhibitions from the 70s!
Anyway, I'm such a tennis addict, I watch it anyway, but it would be great if they could show not only more live matches, but some higher-quality past matches!