PDA

View Full Version : The mosted hated man in Chicago!

*JR*
Oct 15th, 2003, 07:56 PM
No, it's not RB aka Ballbuster :devil: but rather: OCTOBER 15--Meet Steve Bartman. He's the poor 26-year-old Chicago Cubs fan who last night got his hands on that foul ball headed for outfielder Moises Alou's mitt. Bartman, who attended the University of Notre Dame, works for a Chicago-area consulting firm and serves as coach for a local youth baseball program. We wanted to speak with Bartman about last night's incident, but he did not return messages left on his office voicemail. And when we dialed Bartman up at his apartment--about three miles from Wrigley Field--we got a recorded message saying that his number had been disconnected. Which is probably not a bad idea.
(LINK) (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/cubfan1.html) http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/cubfan1.jpg :eek:

Car Key Boi
Oct 15th, 2003, 07:59 PM
last night called and it wants it's thread back

*JR*
Oct 15th, 2003, 08:04 PM
last night called and it wants it's thread back
:confused:

Martian Willow
Oct 15th, 2003, 08:09 PM
...RB...? :confused:

*JR*
Oct 15th, 2003, 11:05 PM
Sorry, had to visit the "real world" after the post. :o RB is "GoTennis code" for "The Poster Formerly Known as RacquetBuster". :devil:

Ballbuster
Oct 16th, 2003, 02:57 AM

Its quite unfortunate for that guy. He looks like a nice kid. I really feel sorry for him. He and 6 other people were after that ball. They singled him out because he came in contact with Alou.

They gave out his phone number, home address, job, etc. Chicago is wrong for that.

consequently, I hope the cubbies lose. I'm a White Sox fan even though I live on the North Side.

Go Figure.

Cariaoke
Oct 16th, 2003, 03:37 AM
ok, so the everyday perpetrators... the rapists, murderers and so forth aren't hated as much as a guy who went for a ball at a baseball game... I don't get Chicago... ROFLMAO! With idiotic fans like that, no wonder the Cubs lost! :haha:

jbone_0307
Oct 16th, 2003, 03:42 AM
OMG that is sooo stupid. Moses Alue was sooo pissed at him and he was acting like it wasn't a foul ball. I guess everybody will blame it on him when its not his fault. They would have won regardless of him touching a baseball. If moses wouldn't have acted like a lil baby and buckled down, they may be celebrating now.

CC
Oct 16th, 2003, 01:19 PM
I think he obstructed the catcher/fielder whatever you call it, as he was going for the ball. If not for him the ball probably would have been caught which would have outed the batsman.

I saw on the news this morning that police had to stand guard outside his house. Especially now that the Chicago Cubs lost altogether, he must be terrified.

alexusjonesfan
Oct 16th, 2003, 01:24 PM
I think he obstructed the catcher/fielder whatever you call it, as he was going for the ball. If not for him the ball probably would have been caught which would have outed the batsman.

lol, way to explain Baseball in Cricket terms :p

CC
Oct 16th, 2003, 01:34 PM
lol, way to explain Baseball in Cricket terms :p

Hey, I did the best I could. Same concept. :p

I assume it was an important game Jonathan, because (from what I could piece together from the news) I think they ended up losing that match. They usually play best of 7 so of course that match would have counted.

Someone will explain it better I'm sure. ;)

alexusjonesfan
Oct 16th, 2003, 01:35 PM
Hey, I did the best I could. Same concept. :p

I assume it was an important game Jonathan, because (from what I could piece together from the news) I think they ended up losing that match. They usually play best of 7 so of course that match would have counted.

Someone will explain it better I'm sure. ;)

Yes, they were leading 3-0 in that game and ended up losing 8-3. They lost the next game too and now they're knocked out of contention :sad:

CC
Oct 16th, 2003, 01:37 PM
I agree.:D

alexusjonesfan
Oct 16th, 2003, 02:08 PM
I agree.:D

What is Brian Lara still the world's best batsman or something?

Ballbuster
Oct 16th, 2003, 02:27 PM
Seems like the goat got the best of them.

Cariaoke
Oct 16th, 2003, 02:36 PM
or was it the black cat? :tape:

CC
Oct 16th, 2003, 03:03 PM
What is Brian Lara still the world's best batsman or something?

Apparently he's No. 2 now (since Monday). I haven't had the chance to follow them much though. No Cricket over here; only Baseball. :sad:

PwC's WORLD TOP-10 BATSMEN:

1 Matthew Hayden (AUS)
2 Brian Lara (WI)
3 Rahul Dravid (IND)
4 Adam Gilchrist (AUS)
5 Inzamam-ul-Haq (PAK)
6 Sachin Tendulkar (IND)
6 Ricky Ponting (AUS)
8 Marcus Trescothick (ENG)
9 Jacques Kallis (SA)
10 Herschelle Gibbs (SA)
20th Shivnarine Chanderpaul (WI)
26th Ramnaresh Sarwan (WI)

alexusjonesfan
Oct 16th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Apparently he's No. 2 now (since Monday). I haven't had the chance to follow them much though. No Cricket over here; only Baseball. :sad:

PwC's WORLD TOP-10 BATSMEN:

1 Matthew Hayden (AUS)
2 Brian Lara (WI)
3 Rahul Dravid (IND)
4 Adam Gilchrist (AUS)
5 Inzamam-ul-Haq (PAK)
6 Sachin Tendulkar (IND)
6 Ricky Ponting (AUS)
8 Marcus Trescothick (ENG)
9 Jacques Kallis (SA)
10 Herschelle Gibbs (SA)
20th Shivnarine Chanderpaul (WI)
26th Ramnaresh Sarwan (WI)

lol, we should start a cricket thread to spite those baseball fans.
btw, Canada has a respectable cricket team too (don't laugh :o). Too bad they're not treated like real athletes :sad:

CC
Oct 16th, 2003, 03:08 PM
Yeah, you would have to fill me in though. Are there any hotties playing now? Shanderpaul was a cutie I remember. :drool:

alexusjonesfan
Oct 16th, 2003, 03:13 PM
Yeah, you would have to fill me in though. Are there any hotties playing now? Shanderpaul was a cutie I remember. :drool:

I wouldn't know, I watch it for the cricket :p

Actually, I just pay attention during the world cup :o

CC
Oct 16th, 2003, 03:15 PM
Ah, we're both useless then.

alexusjonesfan
Oct 16th, 2003, 03:43 PM
You're right, Canada did pretty well in the World Cup (as far as Canada can do well in cricket!! They had one guy who basically won the matches for them, he was amazing, both at batting and bowling.

Didn't he get the record for the fastest century in that match against the Windies and beat Bangladesh easily (Test Playing Nations :eek: ) at the world cup.

yes yes I know Bangladesh shouldn't even be a test playing nation considering the only points they got were because of a abandoned match due to rain (correct me if I'm wrong)...:lol:

but I'm still going to milk this for as long as I can :angel: