PDA

View Full Version : Best overall strokes(active players top 20)Honorable Mention STEFFI

DA FOREHAND
Oct 15th, 2003, 08:34 PM
Serve

1)Serena :worship:
2)Lindsay :worship:
3)Venus
4)justine
5)Petrova

Forehand(x-court)STEFFI GRAF(hm)

1)Jennifer
2)Lindsay
3)Serena
4)Seles*
5)Cljisters

Forehand(DTL)

1)Lindsay
2)Serena
3)Jennifer
4)Cljisters
5)Petrova

Backhand(X-court)

1)Venus :worship: :worship:
2)Cljisters
3)Lindsay
4)Jennifer
5)Serena

Backhand(DTL)Martina Hingis(hm)

1)Venus :worship: :worship: :worship:
2)justine :worship:
3)Jennifer
4)Lindsay
4)Serena

Effectiveness at net, Volleys

1)Venus :worship:
2)justine
3)Lindsay
4)Serena
5)Mauresmo

Lobs

1)Cljisters
2)Jennifer
3)justine
4)what's a lob?
5)why lob?

Dropshots Chris Evert(hm)Martina Hingis :worship: :worship: :worship:

1)Cljisters
2)justine
3)Venus
4)Jennifer
5)drop what?

shap_half
Oct 15th, 2003, 08:38 PM
I think Justine has better drop shots than Kim. Kim is probably the fatest on the tour and can cover more court than anyone yet at the French her drop shots were not at all effective against Justine but Justine's were.

And Justine is probably the best on lobbing, too. Did you see that lob she hit Kim in the USOpen final or the lob winner she had against Serena in Wimbledon?

I'd all like to add the inside outs...
Forehand - Jen
Backhand - Justine

bandabou
Oct 15th, 2003, 08:42 PM
Kimīs the fastest on which tour?! Kimīs fast....but Serena and Venus are both faster than her.

UDiTY
Oct 15th, 2003, 08:44 PM
Serve:
1. Serena
2. Venus :p
3. Lindsay
4. Petrova
5. Justine

Forehand Crosscourt:
1. Serena
2. Lindsay
3. Kim
4. Justine
5. Jennifer

Forehand Dow-The-Line:
1. Jennifer
2. Kim
3. Serena
4. Venus
5. Lindsay

Backhand Crosscourt
1. Venus :p
2. Serena
3. Kim
4. Justine
5. Lindsay

Backhand Down-The-Line
2. Justine
3. Serena
4. Lindsay
5. Kim

Effectiveness at net, Volleys
2. Justine
3. Amelie
4. Kim
5. Lindsay

Lobs
1. Kim
2. Jennifer
3. Justine
4. Serena
5. Amelie

Dropshots
1. Justine
2. Kim
3. Jennifer
4. Venus :p
5. Amelie

shap_half
Oct 15th, 2003, 08:46 PM
Kimīs the fastest on which tour?! Kimīs fast....but Serena and Venus are both faster than her.

ok let me rephrase myself...she can cover more court than anyone on the court. she may not be the fastest but she can get to almost every ball better than almost everyone (except probably venus and justine).

regardless, i think justine has better drop shots than kim. and justine can also deal with drop shots better than anyone on the tour. it's not easy to get away with a drop shot winner against justine. almost all the time she'll get there and produce her own winner (watch RG)

DA FOREHAND
Oct 15th, 2003, 08:46 PM
I think Justine has better drop shots than Kim. Kim is probably the fatest on the tour and can cover more court than anyone yet at the French her drop shots were not at all effective against Justine but Justine's were.

And Justine is probably the best on lobbing, too. Did you see that lob she hit Kim in the USOpen final or the lob winner she had against Serena in Wimbledon?

I'd all like to add the inside outs...
Forehand - Jen
Backhand - Justine

justine hit better lobs/dropshots in those matches because Kim was constipated(tight/choking).

best inside out backhand Venus Williams
if the thread were broader to all non retired players
inside out forehand Martina Hingis
STEFFI GRAF(HM) :worship:

bandabou
Oct 15th, 2003, 08:53 PM
ok let me rephrase myself...she can cover more court than anyone on the court. she may not be the fastest but she can get to almost every ball better than almost everyone (except probably venus and justine).

regardless, i think justine has better drop shots than kim. and justine can also deal with drop shots better than anyone on the tour. it's not easy to get away with a drop shot winner against justine. almost all the time she'll get there and produce her own winner (watch RG)

Not even that.....Serenaīs court coverage is second( if even that) only to Venus! No one else...Kim canīt hit winners past Serena. Donīt come with she doesnīt want to, she CANīT.

R&J
Oct 15th, 2003, 08:57 PM
Monica hits some phenominal backhand cross court winners - I am surprised that she was not on your Backhand (X-court) list.;)
And what is with the (*) next to Seles' name for the Forehand(x-court) list? Just wondering.

Astro Jetson
Oct 15th, 2003, 08:57 PM
4)what's a lob?
5)why lob?

:haha:

shap_half
Oct 15th, 2003, 09:00 PM
Not even that.....Serenaīs court coverage is second( if even that) only to Venus! No one else...Kim canīt hit winners past Serena. Donīt come with she doesnīt want to, she CANīT.

no. i don't believe that at all. Justine has better court coverage than Serena. Justine can get to a lot of balls and are often in very good positions to hit a winner. So can Serena - of course. Serena is lethal on the run, but I think that covering the court is something that Justine does better. Again, I'll hinge back to drop shots and lobs. Justine can deal with all sorts of tricky shots. Usually a winner against Justine is something that is hit with a lot of pace and power and she really can't get to it, not drop shots and lobs - those are things that she can track down better than Serena.

DA FOREHAND
Oct 15th, 2003, 09:04 PM
Monica's not top 20*, but barring injury she would be well inside.

Monica has great strokes(backhand/forehand)when she is able to set up and hit the ball

R&J
Oct 15th, 2003, 09:09 PM
Monica's not top 20*, but barring injury she would be well inside.

Monica has great strokes(backhand/forehand)when she is able to set up and hit the ball
Oh ok - I see why you have the * next to her name now. Thanks for replying.

bandabou
Oct 15th, 2003, 09:09 PM
no. i don't believe that at all. Justine has better court coverage than Serena. Justine can get to a lot of balls and are often in very good positions to hit a winner. So can Serena - of course. Serena is lethal on the run, but I think that covering the court is something that Justine does better. Again, I'll hinge back to drop shots and lobs. Justine can deal with all sorts of tricky shots. Usually a winner against Justine is something that is hit with a lot of pace and power and she really can't get to it, not drop shots and lobs - those are things that she can track down better than Serena.

Are you REALLY REALLY serious about this?! īCause itīs an open secret that NO ONE dropshots Serena and thatīs why no one tries it.

Serena-Kim semi at the Oz: Kim hits a dropshot....Serena reaches it and then has the explosiveness to smash the lob Kim hits afterwards.

You were saying?! If Venus, Lindsay..no one canīt hit winners past Serena and they are creaming Justine...why are we having this discussion?!

Was it me or did Kim actually lob Justine fairly often at the Open and at Filderstadt?!

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 15th, 2003, 09:20 PM
Daforehand list is more reasonable!!!!!! I dodnt see any faves issues just the real facts about the game.
Nice list!!!! I may not agree to some but its a fair one I guess.

per4ever
Oct 15th, 2003, 09:25 PM
Kim's dropshots used to be great...I haven't seen many of them since RG 2003 to be honest. If she uses it, it's wide or too deep in court lately.

tfannis
Oct 15th, 2003, 09:38 PM
Yeah..Kim's dropshots are a bit off lately...but at the beginning of the year they were stunning :eek: Her lobs on the other hand are just the best out there...last week at Filderstadt they showed a matchsummary of Amélie-Kim on the news...incredible....Amelie just turned around and watch them fall into the court...marvelous :)

shap_half
Oct 15th, 2003, 10:22 PM
Are you REALLY REALLY serious about this?! īCause itīs an open secret that NO ONE dropshots Serena and thatīs why no one tries it.

Serena-Kim semi at the Oz: Kim hits a dropshot....Serena reaches it and then has the explosiveness to smash the lob Kim hits afterwards.

You were saying?! If Venus, Lindsay..no one canīt hit winners past Serena and they are creaming Justine...why are we having this discussion?!

Was it me or did Kim actually lob Justine fairly often at the Open and at Filderstadt?!

watch the RG semifinal. go do it and see the drop shots

shap_half
Oct 15th, 2003, 10:26 PM
If you honestly think that Justine isn't hitting winners against Serena, then you are seriously deluded.

bandabou
Oct 15th, 2003, 10:31 PM
If you honestly think that Justine isn't hitting winners against Serena, then you are seriously deluded.

whose dropshots?! Serenaīs or Justineīs?!

Serena always hits more winners against Justine than vice versa. Thatīs a given and thus Serenaīs court coverage is better.

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 15th, 2003, 10:49 PM
Well dont argue with Bandabou!!!!!!
For this little boy, every shots is being done better by the williams no matter what. Serena and venus does this better.....bla bla bla!!!!!!!!!!
Dont waste your post on this boy.

shap_half
Oct 15th, 2003, 10:50 PM
Yes I am done arguing. It doesn't matter what it is, to some people, their favorites are the best regardless.

bandabou
Oct 15th, 2003, 10:55 PM
Yes I am done arguing. It doesn't matter what it is, to some people, their favorites are the best regardless.

Did I argue with the list above?! I know that the sisters donīt have the best of everything, I didnīt argue with any of that. But when you say that Justineīs court coverage is better than Serenaīs...when EVERYBODY knows that the sisters have the best court coverage, I can argue that. But hey if you have your view itīs fine.

anabel
Oct 15th, 2003, 10:57 PM
Conchita's drop shots and lobs.

Lady
Oct 15th, 2003, 11:00 PM
Justine - the best drop shots
Kim - the best lobs (she's Lleyton's girlfriend after all ;) )