PDA

View Full Version : Veggie Dogs, Veggie Burgers and Soy Milk

alexusjonesfan
Oct 15th, 2003, 01:23 AM
Disgusting imitations or refreshingly healthy choices?

discuss :D

Sam L
Oct 15th, 2003, 01:26 AM
Refreshingly healthy choices.

I have soy milk with cereal (WeetBix, I don't know if you guys have it in States), every morning. I must admit I don't like it cause it's all low-fat and stuff but it's good for me. :)

Vegie burgers are all I eat, but be careful what oils they fry it in. If it's in animal fats oils it's just as bad.

I dont' eat hotdogs in any shape or form.

What about Thanksgiving turkeys that are vegetarian? Is it made from soy or what is it?

alexusjonesfan
Oct 15th, 2003, 01:28 AM
What about Thanksgiving turkeys that are vegetarian? Is it made from soy or what is it?

I believe the technical term is 'tofurkey' :lol:

alexusjonesfan
Oct 15th, 2003, 01:30 AM
Refreshingly healthy choices.

I have soy milk with cereal (WeetBix, I don't know if you guys have it in States), every morning. I must admit I don't like it cause it's all low-fat and stuff but it's good for me. :)

Vegie burgers are all I eat, but be careful what oils they fry it in. If it's in animal fats oils it's just as bad.

I dont' eat hotdogs in any shape or form.

I enjoy soy milk but I don't think of it like regular milk, I think of it like a shake or protein drink etc. Veggie burgers are difficult for me to gulp down because all the one's I've had in my life were charred beyond repair and cracked and splintered into chunks as I ate them (as you can tell, I haven't had many veggie burgers)...I think they'd be good, if I wasn't expecting the taste of a hamburger. It's the anticipation that ruins it :lol:

Amadé
Oct 15th, 2003, 01:31 AM
http://community.kournikova.com/images/smilies/king.gif I've never had one. Don't plan too either.

alexusjonesfan
Oct 15th, 2003, 01:31 AM
http://community.kournikova.com/images/smilies/king.gif I've never had one. Don't plan too either.

That's why you're gonna die young :p

Sam L
Oct 15th, 2003, 01:32 AM
That's why you're gonna die young :p
Well said. :o

Sam L
Oct 15th, 2003, 01:33 AM
I enjoy soy milk but I don't think of it like regular milk, I think of it like a shake or protein drink etc. Veggie burgers are difficult for me to gulp down because all the one's I've had in my life were charred beyond repair and cracked and splintered into chunks as I ate them (as you can tell, I haven't had many veggie burgers)...I think they'd be good, if I wasn't expecting the taste of a hamburger. It's the anticipation that ruins it :lol:
Oh, you need to look for and buy a REAL vegie burgers. Only some places make it good. Yum! :)

alexusjonesfan
Oct 15th, 2003, 01:33 AM
Well said. :o

Genius won't like that...
something about being 'burned'

Sam L
Oct 15th, 2003, 01:34 AM
I believe the technical term is 'tofurkey' :lol:
Right. I intend to have one in the future.

Amadé
Oct 15th, 2003, 01:37 AM
http://community.kournikova.com/images/smilies/king.gif How do they taste, Soy boy (that was a horrible rhyme) ?

alexusjonesfan
Oct 15th, 2003, 01:39 AM
http://community.kournikova.com/images/smilies/king.gif How do they taste, Soy boy (that was a horrible rhyme) ?

I would imagine something like roasted tofu :o

Have you noticed how Soy is a replacement for every foodgroup?

There's soy protein, soy bean vegetables, soy milk, soy based cake and pastries, soy tofu and soy many other things (now that was horrible)

Amadé
Oct 15th, 2003, 01:42 AM
Genius won't like that...
something about being 'burned'
http://community.kournikova.com/images/smilies/king.gif A person once told me to stop complaining about getting burned. Something about it will happen all through my life. Why do I feel this statement is a reflectant on this person who told me this? :p

alexusjonesfan
Oct 15th, 2003, 01:43 AM
http://community.kournikova.com/images/smilies/king.gif A person once told me to stop complaining about getting burned. Something about it will happen all through my life. Why do I feel this statement is a reflectant on this person who told me this? :p

maybe because that person is getting old and is losing ye olde memory :o

¤CharlDa¤
Oct 15th, 2003, 02:49 AM
I think all of these are a good thing...I prefer real milk to soy milk though, and feel good drinking it, but I can't stand to eat any kind of meat anymore...Well I never liked it...I think it has been 13 years since I ate a steak...ewww...Just thinking about it...

All Hail to TOFU!!!!

alexusjonesfan
Oct 15th, 2003, 03:09 AM
I think all of these are a good thing...I prefer real milk to soy milk though, and feel good drinking it, but I can't stand to eat any kind of meat anymore...Well I never liked it...I think it has been 13 years since I ate a steak...ewww...Just thinking about it...

All Hail to TOFU!!!!

wow, there seem to be quite a few veggies on this board.

I'm thinking of limiting the amount of meat in my diet. Any suggestions?

Hurley
Oct 15th, 2003, 03:14 AM
Mmmm hot dogs :)

Mmmm meat :D

Mmmmmmm FAT :drool:

Amadé
Oct 15th, 2003, 03:15 AM
wow, there seem to be quite a few veggies on this board.

I'm thinking of limiting the amount of meat in my diet. Any suggestions?
http://community.kournikova.com/images/smilies/king.gif Hell no! Well at least I'm not. Since I'm going to die early :rolleyes: so I'll live my life to the fullest.

ys
Oct 15th, 2003, 03:21 AM
говнище..

Crazy Canuck
Oct 15th, 2003, 03:35 AM
I used to drink soy milk, because I'm lactose intollerant and "real" milk makes me quite ill. But I couldn't get over the aftertaste, and ended up drinking lactose free "real" milk instead.

alexusjonesfan
Oct 15th, 2003, 04:11 AM
Speaking of soy milk, have you seen those annoying 'Sensational Soy' commercials?

I want to bash that person's head in every time I hear:
'Yeah, but it's not sensational'

what? I don't have violent tendencies :angel:

decemberlove
Oct 15th, 2003, 04:35 AM
ick.
the boy im seeing has a father thats a health nut n it kinda rubbed off on him...

i had some health food nastyass pancakes for breakfast this morning. eww.

Sam L
Oct 15th, 2003, 04:46 AM
ick.
the boy im seeing has a father thats a health nut n it kinda rubbed off on him...

i had some health food nastyass pancakes for breakfast this morning. eww.
Isn't that a good thing?

alexusjonesfan
Oct 15th, 2003, 04:53 AM
Isn't that a good thing?

sure if eating healthy is a 'good' thing ;)

Crazy Canuck
Oct 15th, 2003, 04:56 AM
Isn't that a good thing?
Not if the food tastes like ass.

alexusjonesfan
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:09 AM
Not if the food tastes like ass.

tofu=ass

clearly the devils work to have something that's so good for you taste like a texture :o

skanky~skanketta
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:11 AM
i have soy milk everyday!its a normal thing in asia so...

as for vege burgers, i love them. its basically soy anyways and i love soy.

vs1
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:18 AM
I'm a vegetarian and I love these substitute meats. First of all, they taste identical to the real thing, esp. processed foods like breakfast sausages and hot dogs. Second of all, they are a good source of protein and not high in fat.

My favourite is the "riblettes" from Gardenburger. I make a sandwich out of it and it seriously taste like the McRib Sandwiches from McDonalds!!! :lol: :lick:

I think it's great. Healthier for Americans...and that CAN'T be a bad thing.

For those who haven't tried it, don't knock it until you've had a taste!!!

vs1
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:19 AM
Oh, also, I love Soy Milk. It's so much better for you and it tastes really good.

Humans weren't made to consume the milk of another animal. That's just plain strange! :eek:

Sam L
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:19 AM
No I'm talking about the:

"the boy im seeing has a father thats a health nut n it kinda rubbed off on him..."

LMAO! I'm saying isn't that a good thing that that boy is into eating healthy.

Although I've always thought it was a manly thing for a man to eat meat and not watch what he eats. Hmm...

decemberlove
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:28 AM
Isn't that a good thing?

if you like to eat cardboard for breakfast it is :)

Sam L
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:39 AM
if you like to eat cardboard for breakfast it is :)
I do eat cardboard for breakfast. But I don't like it. ;)

decemberlove
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:41 AM
No I'm talking about the:

"the boy im seeing has a father thats a health nut n it kinda rubbed off on him..."

LMAO! I'm saying isn't that a good thing that that boy is into eating healthy.

Although I've always thought it was a manly thing for a man to eat meat and not watch what he eats. Hmm...

well he eats meat. but they are just super healthy about everything.. two cabinets full of vitamins, etc. the boys fathers father died at the age of 45... so thats why hes so health obsessed.

plus, i never eat healthy, ever. i eat lots of fruits n veggies but thats it. im all about the fattening pizza and macaroni and cheese and yummy italian food :)

Sam L
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:45 AM
well he eats meat. but they are just super healthy about everything.. two cabinets full of vitamins, etc. the boys fathers father died at the age of 45... so thats why hes so health obsessed.

plus, i never eat healthy, ever. i eat lots of fruits n veggies but thats it. im all about the fattening pizza and macaroni and cheese and yummy italian food :)
There's nothing wrong with vitamins if you're active and work out a lot too etc... :) Many athletes have like cabinets and cabinets full of vitamins. ;)

I used to be all about pizza too but I've given up. Never been that big a fan of macaroni cheese. But I still love Italian food, mostly to dine out at restaurants. However, I do like to have take away pastas and pasta salads especially at lunch during work. I wouldn't have it for dinner though, too heavy. :)

King Satan
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:52 AM
That's right! Real men don't eat veggie crap! :yeah::cool:

skanky~skanketta
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:56 AM
thats why REAL MEN end up with piles and HBP and many other meat-related diseases.

Amadé
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:56 AM
http://community.kournikova.com/images/smilies/king.gif Yeah thats right! ;) Wait a minute... why am I still up? :confused:

King Satan
Oct 15th, 2003, 06:01 AM
thats why REAL MEN end up with piles and HBP and many other meat-related diseases.
what's your point? vero. :p

haven't seen you in a while, how ya been baby? :kiss:

skanky~skanketta
Oct 15th, 2003, 06:04 AM
hi joe!
missed u too. i have a job(its a training thing) at the world 11th best (volume unloading-wise) port (NORTHPORT MALAYSIA). i've been busy. anyway!how've u been?

King Satan
Oct 15th, 2003, 06:06 AM
hi joe!
missed u too. i have a job(its a training thing) at the world 11th best (volume unloading-wise) port (NORTHPORT MALAYSIA). i've been busy. anyway!how've u been?
That's great to hear. glad things are going good for ya :)

as for me, i'm doing good. i'm still jobless (:o) but my music is coming along good, and i'm working on a demo rightnow :)

skanky~skanketta
Oct 15th, 2003, 06:12 AM
i hope u become a HUGE star!make sure i get to be in one of your videos ok!

King Satan
Oct 15th, 2003, 07:45 AM
i hope u become a HUGE star!make sure i get to be in one of your videos ok!
no doubt baby, you're gonna be in all of them :kiss: