PDA

View Full Version : Real Madrid and Tennis players pic.

Seles_Beckham
Oct 14th, 2003, 10:45 PM
http://www.realmadrid.com/web_realmadrid/mmedia/000/000/035/696.jpg

http://www1.realmadrid.com/web_realmadrid/mmedia/000/000/035/693.jpg

David Beckham and J.C Ferrero

http://www.realmadrid.com/web_realmadrid/mmedia/000/000/035/699.jpg

Seles_Beckham
Oct 15th, 2003, 02:52 AM
I love the second picture. :)

Seles_Beckham
Oct 15th, 2003, 02:53 AM
Do someone know who is in the last picture with David?? Is it a tennis player?

adss
Oct 15th, 2003, 03:08 AM
rafael nadal

Crazy Canuck
Oct 15th, 2003, 04:43 AM
What adss said... he's only 17, so maybe that's why you haven't heard of him yet :p

alexusjonesfan
Oct 15th, 2003, 04:53 AM
What adss said... he's only 17, so maybe that's why you haven't heard of him yet :p

Prepare to be forcefully kidnapped onto his bandwagon Seles Beckham :o

Crazy Canuck
Oct 15th, 2003, 04:59 AM
Prepare to be forcefully kidnapped onto his bandwagon Seles Beckham :o
*ahem* I would NEVER do that in nontennis :angel:

alexusjonesfan
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:08 AM
*ahem* I would NEVER do that in nontennis :angel:

Run! Seles Beckham Run!

quick, before it's too late, she has 'friends' everywhere :o

Crazy Canuck
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:12 AM
Run! Seles Beckham Run!

quick, before it's too late, she has 'friends' everywhere :o
*sigh* It's awfully hard to recruit today anyways.... he just recently lost to Corretja. Yes... I know how hideous this. 3 years ago it might have been kind of cool, though.

alexusjonesfan
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:14 AM
*sigh* It's awfully hard to recruit today anyways.... he just recently lost to Corretja. Yes... I know how hideous this. 3 years ago it might have been kind of cool, though.

lol, was it on clay? that would be respectable right? ;)

I was on the Richard Gasquet bandwagon until he sorta fell off the map :o

Crazy Canuck
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:38 AM
lol, was it on clay? that would be respectable right? ;)

I was on the Richard Gasquet bandwagon until he sorta fell off the map :o
*cough*itmighthavebeenindoors*cough*

Richard cracked the top 100 not long ago, so he hasn't totally died. He'll get to play Australia without a wildcard this time :p I still ahvent' seen him play... Nadal was doing well last year as well (he also won his first ATP at 15), but was virtually ignored due to the focus on Gasquet. Just like Gasquet has been all been ignored most of this year... although at least Nadal has deserved the attention :p

Crazy Canuck
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:39 AM
They played this year... Nadal and Gasquet, that is. In a challenger a few weeks ago. Nadal retired after losing the first set with a butt/thigh injury, and didn't play again for three weeks. :(

alexusjonesfan
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:42 AM
*cough*itmighthavebeenindoors*cough*

Richard cracked the top 100 not long ago, so he hasn't totally died. He'll get to play Australia without a wildcard this time :p I still ahvent' seen him play... Nadal was doing well last year as well (he also won his first ATP at 15), but was virtually ignored due to the focus on Gasquet. Just like Gasquet has been all been ignored most of this year... although at least Nadal has deserved the attention :p

obviously, his latest result justifies the hype :p
After Richard had that match with Moya, they made it seem like he was gonna win the next GS or something.

and what the hell was up with the ESPN commentators at wimby who kept talking about Nadal but never showed a second from his match :o

Crazy Canuck
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:54 AM
After Richard had that match with Moya, they made it seem like he was gonna win the next GS or something.

*ahem* It was Rafael who had the match with moya, not Richard :p And that match was Moya was merely backing up his win over Costa from a couple weeks before.... add in that Moya is his mentor and has helped him since he was ten, and that was a pretty significant match. If he had played Roland Garros, I believe he could have done well... but he was injured and had to pull out before the draw was done.

and what the hell was up with the ESPN commentators at wimby who kept talking about Nadal but never showed a second from his match

Yes, that was total trite. He's obviously going to rise in the rankings more next year and will now get direct entry into Masters Series events (except the indoors events, which cut off lower)... you would think they would try to do a better job of showcasing him. If he was American, they would have. I wish they would just not have hyped him up at all if they were not going to show him - they even had fucking Brad Gilbert (*puke*) talking about him!

adss
Oct 15th, 2003, 05:57 AM
did anyone else notice how much nadal picks his butt during a match?

alexusjonesfan
Oct 15th, 2003, 06:05 AM
*ahem* It was Rafael who had the match with moya, not Richard :p And that match was Moya was merely backing up his win over Costa from a couple weeks before.... add in that Moya is his mentor and has helped him since he was ten, and that was a pretty significant match. If he had played Roland Garros, I believe he could have done well... but he was injured and had to pull out before the draw was done.

What? Do I know even less about men's tennis than I think I do?! :o
k...I'm jumping off whatever bandwagon I'm on because I clearly don't even know who I'm supporting right now :lol:

AjdeNate!
Oct 15th, 2003, 06:16 AM
DB and JCF in the same photo.... my head just exploded. :explode:

per4ever
Oct 15th, 2003, 07:13 AM
pfff meeting with Real Madrid and their best player (Zidane) seems to be missing

Crazy Canuck
Oct 15th, 2003, 08:00 AM
did anyone else notice how much nadal picks his butt during a match?
Unfortunately, it's impossible not to notice. He does this ever match. Some people pick at their raquet strings... he adjusts his underwear. He needs a new quirk.

Crazy Canuck
Oct 15th, 2003, 08:01 AM
DB blah. JC is better looking :p

Crazy Canuck
Oct 15th, 2003, 08:08 AM
What? Do I know even less about men's tennis than I think I do?! :o
k...I'm jumping off whatever bandwagon I'm on because I clearly don't even know who I'm supporting right now :lol:
Richard hasn't beaten anybody of note in ATP competition. His "big" win last year was over washed up Squilari in Monte Carlo - though it was notable since Squilari is a former RG semifinalist, and Gasquet was only 15 at the time. He lost to Marat in the next round, though Marat spoke highly of him.

Rafael won his first match on the ATP not long after Richard did - his came in a much smaller tournament, just a week or two later, in his home tournament (Mallorca, which has since been moved to Valencia...Ferrero's homebase). Rafael went on a total rip at the end of the year, winning something like 20 straight futures matches. Again... this was virtually ignored, since he wasn't being thrust onto the international scene quite like Richard was (who was getting WCs into big events, on occasion).

Enter 2002, and Rafael started ripping up the Challengers much like Futures - his only problem here was winning finals ;) The 4th one ended up being the charm though, as he finally beat Portas in April to win Barletta. This allowed him to qualify for both Monte Carlo and Hamburg. In Monte Carlo, he knocked off Kucera - a top 50 player - followed by Costa - a top ten player and RG champion at the time. Those were his second and third ATP matches :p

I could go on, but I'll piss off for now :p My point is just that Rafael's hype has been mainly result based, while Richard's has been more potential based.

SJW
Oct 15th, 2003, 10:23 AM
Real Madrid :worship:

Heidi Capriati
Oct 15th, 2003, 11:48 AM
pfff meeting with Real Madrid and their best player (Zidane) seems to be missing

Seems like Zidane was there:

http://www.realmadrid.com/web_realmadrid/mmedia/000/000/035/701.jpg

...maybe just missed the group photo. ;)

per4ever
Oct 15th, 2003, 01:44 PM
lol :D oh what a dream to meet Zinedine :D

Seles_Beckham
Oct 15th, 2003, 02:22 PM
I only post these pictures here because if you post something from ATP in General Messages they move it and I am not a member of Men's tennis forum. Sorry.

GBFH
Oct 15th, 2003, 02:23 PM
Don't apologize, SB. they're great pics :)

snoop
Oct 15th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Zidane + El Aynaoui (http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2003-10-14T161523Z_01_SPS09D_RTRIDSP_3_SPORT-TENNIS.jpg)

Beckham + Ferrero (http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2003-10-14T160954Z_01_SPS08D_RTRIDSP_3_SPORT-TENNIS.jpg)

Emola
Oct 15th, 2003, 02:56 PM
lol :D oh what a dream to meet Zinedine :D

Indeed! He's like the one person I have to meet in the whole of the world! :p :bowdown:

SJW
Oct 15th, 2003, 04:15 PM
not Sami Em? :p

Emola
Oct 15th, 2003, 04:59 PM
hmm, nobody beats Zizou on my list Im afraid ;)

Experimentee
Oct 16th, 2003, 04:38 PM
Richard hasn't beaten anybody of note in ATP competition. His "big" win last year was over washed up Squilari in Monte Carlo - though it was notable since Squilari is a former RG semifinalist, and Gasquet was only 15 at the time. He lost to Marat in the next round, though Marat spoke highly of him.

No notable wins? Arent you forgetting his win over Costa at Monte Carlo, just a few weeks before Costa won Roland Garros?
Not to mention his win over Younes El Aynaoui just a week before he went on to make the QF at the AO, only narrowly missing out on a SF berth 21-19 in the 5th vs Roddick.
There may be more notable wins but those are just two i can think of off the top of my head. If you wish to slander Richard on a wta board at least get your facts right ;)

maratski
Oct 16th, 2003, 05:12 PM
Indeed! He's like the one person I have to meet in the whole of the world! :p :bowdown:

Me too ;)

after meeting marat and before meeting kimi

dubro
Oct 16th, 2003, 06:47 PM
zidane to elayanoui: "hey, can u give me some hair??" :p

Mrs. Peel
Oct 16th, 2003, 09:12 PM

Mine did too...I want to be the filling of that manwich! :lick: :lick: