PDA

View Full Version : Paris Indoors 2004

bluepastures
Oct 14th, 2003, 08:20 PM
I'm planning a trip to the the first 3 days of the Paris indoor WTA tournament in February next year. I'd just like to know a few things, if anyone can help please. I hunted out the 2003 official website (which is useless), and I know it's part of the Coubertin sport complex, but that's all.

The name & address of the venue.
Are the qualifying rounds played at the same venue as the main draw?
Do you generally need to buy tickets in advance for the Monday, or can you just turn up?

Elisse
Oct 14th, 2003, 11:15 PM
Hi bluepastures!!! :D

The address of the venue is -

Stade Pierre de Coubertin
82, avenue Georges Lafont
75016 Paris

Métro Station: Porte de Saint-Cloud

Yes, I think the qualifying rounds are played at Stade Coubertin too! (and I'm not totally sure, but I don't think you have to pay admission for the qualifying)

I've been to the tourney for the last two years but I usually attend from the wednesday onwards, so I don't know about the ticket situation on the monday, but going by the rest of the week - usually all of the Category 1 seating is sold out before the tourney.
But you should be able to just turn up and buy a Cat.2 ticket which allows you to sit anywhere in the upstairs seating area - though you aren't right at the side of the court, you can still get a really good view from anywhere in Stade Coubertin!!! :D

Anyway, I hope you have a great time, it's a really fun tournament to attend, there always such a good atmosphere and everyone is always so friendly!!!

If you need any other info, just let me know!! :wavey:

bluepastures
Oct 15th, 2003, 08:53 PM

That clarifies things. I wrongly thought that the Stade itself was an outdoor football / rugby stadium, and had just assumed the tennis centre was somewhere nearby.

Looking at the archive for this year's order of play, on the opening Saturday they just played on Court centrale & court 1. Are they next to eachother?

That's good about the category 2 tickets. It may even be that I'll be able to get category 1 for the Monday, because I don't think any of the "big name" players will play that day in the main draw.

I booked my holiday today. Arriving by Eurostar on Friday evening & leaving on Monday evening. 3 nights for the price of 2 in the hotel :cool: