PDA

View Full Version : Professor claims to know reason for S.I.D.S

Kirt12255
Oct 14th, 2003, 03:10 AM
Professor claims that S.I.D.S (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) is caused by babies dreaming of being back in the womb and suffocating themselves??

Hmmmm...I don't know about anyone else but how would he/she know? Are scientists really that short of grants they have to make up crap like this? I can't think of any research he would be able to do to prove this theory. I agree it sort of makes sense...but how would someone find that out? :confused:

Crazy Canuck
Oct 14th, 2003, 03:52 AM
Perhaps he's studied brain wave patterns and noticed that babies dying of SIDS had similar patterns to those in the womb... because he'd surely have easy access to infants with SIDS in a lab *cough* ;)

Seriously now.... Can you provide a source? I'm sure his suggestion is based on something. Thanks ;)

Kirt12255
Oct 14th, 2003, 04:54 AM
Perhaps he's studied brain wave patterns and noticed that babies dying of SIDS had similar patterns to those in the womb... because he'd surely have easy access to infants with SIDS in a lab *cough* ;)

Seriously now.... Can you provide a source? I'm sure his suggestion is based on something. Thanks ;)

Sorry it was one of those things that come across the bottom of the screen in the morning news...like a row of stories that go from left to right. I can't even tell you where the professor was from. If it had any credit it would have made a headline article on the news...surely.

The only source I can give you is that it was on "Seven Sunrise" here in Australia.

Hense apparently apples were giving people cancer 3 years ago due to pesticides used on them....wonder if they got their grant?

I guess my major gripe on this whole issue is that here in Australia, Universities have for some time been taking in students that are not the best (or would be) in their specific field, only that they could afford it (overseas intakes are at a maximum).

Yes they need grants to study their subject....what I am saying it is being done by students that have rich parents, not the students that can't afford to pay their tuition and end up in a dead-end (Generalisation I know but making a point).

I think perhaps the government (speaking of here, guess it is similar elsewhere too), instead of chasing an illegal fishing boat for 3 weeks at a cost of a million dollars, could give grants to struggling students that have the nous for what they were born to do...the almighty dollar grrrrr.

ps...I think I failed Science and Maths most years...I'm an Artist so I'm not talking about me :wavey:

Cheers Kirt

Sam L
Oct 14th, 2003, 05:02 AM
Kirt. I also watch that show. But today I slept in, so I was in a hurry for work. LOL!

I don't know about this. It's news to me, and yeah it sounds interesting.

Usually Mel and Kochie has something to follow it up if it's suspect so they just might. ;)

But if this is only a marquee news item at the bottom like you said, they might not. We'll see. :)