PDA

View Full Version : Do you judge posters by the number of rep points they have?

CamilleVidann
Oct 14th, 2003, 01:31 AM
It's getting real pathetic. This board is full of shallow Hals. Ever since I became a member of the board and I accidentally made a few poters angry by midly insulting their favorite (who happened to be my absolute favorite as well). I dunno think I am understood or appreciated well enough here. I hate ppl judging others only on paper. I'm sure I have made a number of insightful remarks some of which were just too intelligent and superb for some of you to get the right grasp of. I have been badrepped by some idiotic idiots who I doubt have ever read my posts without bias toward my already tarnished repuation. I just wanna say we should stop acting as if the reputation thing meant as hell. I'd rather have 10 red blocks then 10 green pieces of shit!!

Keith
Oct 14th, 2003, 01:42 AM
It's the ONLY way to judge people.

CamilleVidann
Oct 14th, 2003, 01:45 AM
Consering about 90% of posters have their 11 green dots, that feature is useless.

What about us boasting quite a few red blocks? How are we gonna be judged?

alexusjonesfan
Oct 14th, 2003, 01:56 AM
btw Camille, it's 'surname'

GoDominique
Oct 14th, 2003, 01:57 AM
What about us boasting quite a few red blocks? How are we gonna be judged?
Badly. At least as long as you don't have eleven of them. PierceCheng :worship:

Couver
Oct 14th, 2003, 02:30 AM
No I usually judge them by what they write, and most of the time that's how someone racks up their rep points.

Seeing as how you have a few red ones I'm guessing your posts are pretty offensive. (Well not guessing I've seen most of them :rolleyes:

Couver
Oct 14th, 2003, 02:48 AM
LOL I'll be fair when they first joined the board their posts were pretty terrible.

They have made an attempt now however to hide their true intentions behind thinly viled posts.

decemberlove
Oct 14th, 2003, 02:52 AM
if it bothers you that much, turn off the feature

you can still get the comments and see waht people have to say, but the points wont show

Crazy Canuck
Oct 14th, 2003, 05:30 AM
It's the ONLY way to judge people.
Or you could actually read what they have to say and make your own mind up. Mind boggling, I know :p

King Satan
Oct 14th, 2003, 05:32 AM
Ofcourse i do. who in their right mind wouldn't?

:p

kku
Oct 14th, 2003, 08:49 AM
I agree :mad:

Poor PierceCheng :sad: Seriously, I honestly don't understand why he's got so many red dots :confused: I think that people should know by now, English is not his first language. Chinese and Korean aren't my first language and I have a lot of difficulty trying to get others to understand what I'm trying to say. And it's embarassing when I use a word that completely opposite to what I mean and makes the sentence look like one hell of a jumbled mess. Obviously, PierceCheng has difficulty trying to say what he really means. So why don't people try to understand and make concessions?

Crazy Canuck
Oct 14th, 2003, 09:32 AM

Poor PierceCheng :sad: Seriously, I honestly don't understand why he's got so many red dots :confused: I think that people should know by now, English is not his first language. Chinese and Korean aren't my first language and I have a lot of difficulty trying to get others to understand what I'm trying to say. And it's embarassing when I use a word that completely opposite to what I mean and makes the sentence look like one hell of a jumbled mess. Obviously, PierceCheng has difficulty trying to say what he really means. So why don't people try to understand and make concessions?
A lot of people think that he's a troll... and not a very funny one at that :)

Zamboni
Oct 14th, 2003, 09:40 AM
Consering about 90% of posters have their 11 green dots, that feature is useless.
Lol, that's why I've turned my rep off ;) It's getting so useless!

Rothes
Oct 14th, 2003, 09:48 AM
PeirceCheng is not a troll (Atleast to my knowledge), I showed a friend (whos Chinese) a few of his converses in Native Mandarin, which she stated was perfect Chinese, so hes using a translator to write his messages. Really If you read into what he is saying, it's not terribly hard to understand what he his trying to convey, maybe it's people here who don't have enough time not to read his full message.

Anyway Its obvious that someone is a bit of a insulter if they show rubies under their name, exceptionally when they are new members. The Emeralds are to obvious now and don't represent nothing, except that your just a normal member of the board, I would question some people, but I geuss they have "Reinforcements" if there reputation has dealth any serious blow. Anyway Hiding Reputation makes it look conspicuous :o

CamilleVidann
Oct 14th, 2003, 10:52 AM
Now I have positive rep points thanks to many of my supporters!! Keep it up everyone!!

doloresc
Oct 14th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Do you judge posters by the number of rep points they have?

absolutely. if there weren't reputation points, would there even be a valid reason for posting here? :tape:

Martian KC
Oct 14th, 2003, 12:17 PM

I agree, I can honestly think of more people deserving of such amount of red dots.

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Oct 14th, 2003, 01:14 PM
Now I have positive rep points thanks to many of my supporters!! Keep it up everyone!!

Finally the real reason for this thread emerged. :rolleyes:

Kart
Oct 14th, 2003, 01:31 PM
I don't think disabling your reputation is done to make yourself conspicuous - if anything it surely makes you more inconspicuous. It's one way of saying that rep points don't really matter to you - anyway it's not like getting a reputation beyond repute is exactly hard unless you like upsetting people. I don't count the points I have but certainly read the comments which are definitely the best part.

griffin
Oct 14th, 2003, 05:15 PM
I'd rather have 10 red blocks then 10 green pieces of shit!!

Come on folks, what do you say we help her out on this one? Those green dots beneath her name now must be highly traumtic :angel:

alexusjonesfan
Oct 14th, 2003, 05:19 PM
Come on folks, what do you say we help her out on this one? Those green dots beneath her name now must be highly traumtic :angel:

I didn't know mods were allowed to stirr the shit :o

INSTIGATOR!:lol:

Mase
Oct 14th, 2003, 05:25 PM
I dont...

griffin
Oct 14th, 2003, 05:35 PM
I didn't know mods were allowed to stirr the shit :o

INSTIGATOR!:lol:

Moi!?! Instigating? Perish the thought! :boxing: I am merely trying to be helpful :wavey:

Dirty Sanchez
Oct 14th, 2003, 06:04 PM
I'd been a member here for over a year before I even found out what they were and that was when someone was asking me to give them a good rep because they'd given me one. Then when I said I didn't know how to the poster gave me a bad rep.

It's all a bit stupid really.

Barrie_Dude
Oct 14th, 2003, 07:26 PM
It's getting real pathetic. This board is full of shallow Hals. Ever since I became a member of the board and I accidentally made a few poters angry by midly insulting their favorite (who happened to be my absolute favorite as well). I dunno think I am understood or appreciated well enough here. I hate ppl judging others only on paper. I'm sure I have made a number of insightful remarks some of which were just too intelligent and superb for some of you to get the right grasp of. I have been badrepped by some idiotic idiots who I doubt have ever read my posts without bias toward my already tarnished repuation. I just wanna say we should stop acting as if the reputation thing meant as hell. I'd rather have 10 red blocks then 10 green pieces of shit!!
You Suck1

alexusjonesfan
Oct 14th, 2003, 09:49 PM
Moi!?! Instigating? Perish the thought! :boxing: I am merely trying to be helpful :wavey:

To quote DeuceDiva:
"Diplomacy is the art that separates man from beast" :angel:

Cybelle Darkholme
Oct 15th, 2003, 02:04 AM

Damn, I still can't bad rep you. Don't worry hun I have some red dots coming your way real soon.

mauresmofan
Oct 15th, 2003, 07:47 PM
I'm not shallow I'm popular and that's all that matters to me!

GoDominique
Oct 18th, 2003, 04:16 PM
PierceCheng is not a troll (Atleast to my knowledge), I showed a friend (whos Chinese) a few of his converses in Native Mandarin, which she stated was perfect Chinese, so hes using a translator to write his messages. Really If you read into what he is saying, it's not terribly hard to understand what he his trying to convey, maybe it's people here who don't have enough time not to read his full message.

Could you PLEASE explain to me what PierceCheng is trying to convey in this (http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=2590118&postcount=12) post ???

vaiva
Oct 18th, 2003, 04:19 PM
Could you PLEASE explain to me what PierceCheng is trying to convey in this (http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=2590118&postcount=12) post ???

freaking hilarious :haha:

Experimentee
Oct 18th, 2003, 04:34 PM
I dont think PierceCheng is deserving of all those red dots. Its just the fault of a bad translator. I dont really think hes trying to troll us, as it isnt even funny anyway and he'd realise that.
Attention whores like CamilleVidann on the other hand totally deserve that many red dots :rolleyes:

Experimentee
Oct 18th, 2003, 04:36 PM

LMAO! OMG! :haha:

CanadianBoy21
Oct 18th, 2003, 05:21 PM
I second that :lol:
"I hope your ill leads to death :hearts: "
:lol:
I gave CamillaVidan a negative and chipped off one green point, hahaha...

Rothes
Oct 21st, 2003, 08:50 AM

I never said he conveyed postivley lol, anyhow yes that does seem a tad curious of what he was trying to say. I used a translator once at a french chocolate store, to which I said "I want to buy your Vagina to this lovley man" "When I was meant to say "I want to buy that Chocolate" Turns out the Translators aren't exactly accurate all the time. Maybe it was the case with peircecheng, trying to write something genuine, and it came out like that, Ofcourse he won't know what "death" means in English, as he might think thats the word for recovery or something. Though it does seem curious, because he has been known to abuse members in the past.

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 21st, 2003, 10:24 AM
This business of stopping at 11 green dots is pathetic. I'm currently worth 66 dots (11 dots = 2000 points), and I see that I am only about 59th on the rep list. :eek: