PDA

View Full Version : Fines Handed Down For Yankees/Red Sox Fracas On 10/11/03

lizchris
Oct 13th, 2003, 03:47 AM
As probably everyone knows by now, the Yankees and Red Sox had a benches clearing brawl during Saturday's game (which the Yankees won). Major League Baseball handed down fines for four people. Below, please find the people who were fined and how much they were fined:

Pedro Martinez (Red Sox pitches) - $50,000
Manny Ramirez (Red Sox left fielderr) - $25,000
Karim Garcia (Yankees right fielder) - $10,000
Don Zimmer (Yankees bench coach) - $5,000

Personally, I don't think these fines were fair. I think Pedro shold have been fined $100,000, Manny should have been fined $50,000, Karim should have been fined $5,000 and Don should have been fined $2,500. I base this, not on the fact that I am a Yankee fan, but the severity of these people's actions.

Crazy Canuck
Oct 13th, 2003, 03:56 AM
I base this, not on the fact that I am a Yankee fan, but the severity of these people's actions.

Uh huh... ;)

*JR*
Oct 13th, 2003, 11:25 AM
Uh huh... ;)
Hey, you crazy canucks once had Dave Winfield busted for a throw back to the infield killing some poor bird that flew into the ball's path. (And it wan't even a Blue Jay)! :p

bee
Oct 13th, 2003, 12:15 PM
Pedro Martinez didn't even apologized...
While Don Zimmer was tearfully apologizing on TV..

lizchris
Oct 13th, 2003, 01:04 PM
Pedro Martinez didn't even apologized...
While Don Zimmer was tearfully apologizing on TV..

Don Zimmer should have apologized because he had no reason throwing a punch at Pedro, but Pedro didn't even have the backbone to meet the media live on Saturday or to apologize yesterday.

DunkMachine
Oct 13th, 2003, 02:44 PM
I saw that match live yesterday. Is Don Zimmer that 72 year old that got his ass whooped by that pitcher. Seriously that old dude stepped up to punch Pedro, I don't see why Martinez should apoligize for anything.

That was the most exciting baseball match I've ever seen. But sadly not because of the baseball.

lizchris
Oct 13th, 2003, 05:38 PM
I saw that match live yesterday. Is Don Zimmer that 72 year old that got his ass whooped by that pitcher. Seriously that old dude stepped up to punch Pedro, I don't see why Martinez should apoligize for anything.

That was the most exciting baseball match I've ever seen. But sadly not because of the baseball.

If you saw it yesterday, you didn't see it live, as the game was on Saturday afternoon in the US.

Martinez should apologize for throwing a ptich at Karim Garcia which could have killed him AND for taking a 72 year old man's head and throwing him in the ground. I am not excusing Zimmer's actions because he had no business going after a man who is 41 years younger than him, but Pedro could have move out of the way.

*JR*
Oct 13th, 2003, 07:37 PM
As "The Gerbil" (Zimmer) has a steel plate in his head from being beaned in 1953, he may have been reacting in anger @ the prospect of it happening to someone else. And while the Rocket pitched inside to Ramirez, it wasn't that close to him; Pedro throws hard stuff closer than my namesake does.

Crazy Canuck
Oct 14th, 2003, 01:05 AM
Look... Pedro was pissed off and heated up, and some dude approached him to throw a punch... and he was just supposed to pat him on the shoulder and smile? :confused: Yeah it sucks the guy ended up being 72, but I have a feeling Pedro was going with his pissed off agression when he threw Zimmer down, and didn't take the time to think about you know, why that might be a bad idea. Unless he did take several seconds to note this, in which case... my bad for not noticing :p

(for the record, I think they are ALL idiots, but pointing all the blame on Pedro for not noticing blah blah and blah is ridiculous)

King Satan
Oct 14th, 2003, 01:07 AM
if he wanted to, he could have punched him out! but pedro, being the nice guy that he is, he gently threw him to the floor ;):lol:

CanadianBoy21
Oct 14th, 2003, 01:15 AM
"I think they are ALL idiots"
AND THATS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!

DunkMachine
Oct 14th, 2003, 09:48 PM
if he wanted to, he could have punched him out! but pedro, being the nice guy that he is, he gently threw him to the floor ;):lol:

That's what I'm saying Pedro was considerate enough to hiptoss Zimmer face first in the grass instead of punching the em in the face.

*JR*
Oct 14th, 2003, 11:27 PM
That's what I'm saying Pedro was considerate enough to hiptoss Zimmer face first in the grass instead of punching the em in the face. Trish would have done a suplex on him! :p

lizchris
Oct 15th, 2003, 12:22 AM
BTW, it was announced today that the three players who were fined have all appealed their fine amounts. A decision on the appeals probably won't come until after the World Series.

*JR*
Oct 15th, 2003, 01:22 AM
Bud Selig is too boring. He needs some of Judge Ito's flair. If you remember, one day he fined the lawyers (both sides, I think), they started to object, and he just said: "Get your checkbooks out"! :D And he once cited Chris Darden for contempt (withdrawn after the trial's 590th??? recess and an apology), so Darden says: "I'd like counsel". That set off about 680 TV jokes about how Darden might get more time than OJ! :eek: (I was waiting for Ito to read Chris his rights)! :lol: Wait, wrong thread, Kobe's hearing isn't till Thursday. :p