PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Things Found Only In America

spiceboy
Oct 13th, 2003, 12:50 AM
10: Only in America...can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
9:...are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.
8:...do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
7:...do people order double cheese burgers, large fries, and a diet Coke.
6:...do banks leave both doors to the vault open and then chain the pens to the counters.
5:...do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.
4:...do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.
3:...do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.
2:...do we use the word "politics" to describe the process so well: "poli" in Latin meaning "many" and "tics" meaning "bloodsucking creatures."
1:...do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.

ys
Oct 13th, 2003, 01:01 AM
Only Americans drive on parkways and park in driveways..

GBFH
Oct 13th, 2003, 01:04 AM
number seven has always confused me...if i'm getting an artery-clogging meal, i'm drinking the sugary coke, too.

Ryan
Oct 13th, 2003, 01:06 AM
ROTF, that stuff is gold.

Sam L
Oct 13th, 2003, 01:06 AM
Poor Americans... :o

Crazy Canuck
Oct 13th, 2003, 02:44 AM
We have the drive up ATMs with Braile here as well.... and no, it makes no sense. I'd like to think there is a logical explanation - ie; they just used the same pads as the indoor ATMs as opposed to producing new ones.... but there are some indoor machines without Braile :confused:

Greenout
Oct 13th, 2003, 10:42 AM
Movie theater popcorn that comes in that super
horse bucket size. ONLY in AMERICA!!!!

AjdeNate!
Oct 13th, 2003, 11:46 AM
Movie theater popcorn that comes in that super
horse bucket size. ONLY in AMERICA!!!!
With 5 lbs of butter on it.

Colin B
Oct 13th, 2003, 01:39 PM
5:...do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.

:rolleyes: Typical yanks! :rolleyes:

<English person rushes to clear six years worth of junk out of his garage>

:o :) :o

rand
Oct 13th, 2003, 01:40 PM
wimpy's :sad:

gentenaire
Oct 13th, 2003, 01:53 PM

Actually, one thing I noticed in NY is that the trash is outside, on the street, every single day. I thought it was a shame, you have these beautiful neighbourhoods with beautiful houses, but then you've got all that trash in front.

alexusjonesfan
Oct 13th, 2003, 01:59 PM
Actually, they have braille drive up ATM's in Japan too. My friend went there last year and took a picture because he thought it was quite funny, but when he came back to Canada, we had to let him know that he didn't have to go all the way to Japan to find such things :D

Pureracket
Oct 13th, 2003, 05:05 PM
How many times have you all gone to the ATM or drive thru and the person with you in the car wanted to withdraw or get something to eat as well? Maybe the theory is that blind people like to having savings/checking accounts like people with "normal" vision.

alexusjonesfan
Oct 13th, 2003, 05:09 PM
How many times have you all gone to the ATM or drive thru and the person with you in the car wanted to withdraw or get something to eat as well? Maybe the theory is that blind people like to having savings/checking accounts like people with "normal" vision.

Yes, but wouldn't it be easier just to stop at the atm inside the bank, instead of having someone from the passenger seat or backseat try and manoeuvre towards the atm? I wouldn't know how common this is though because I've never had somebody else in the car want to withdraw anything.

toreador
Oct 14th, 2003, 03:34 AM
10: Only in America...can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

uve obviously never been in Greece ;) :tape: