PDA

View Full Version : Skating Fans: official Entry Lists for the first 3 Grand Prix Events (women only)

selesfan1
Oct 12th, 2003, 07:53 PM
all taken from ISU.ORG Michelle Kwan nor Sarah hughes are entered in ANY Grand Prix Evet this season. However they can still be at nationals,worlds, etc. The Grand Prix final is in Colorado so I imagine they might be late entrants somewhere.

Smart Ones Skate America 2003 Ladies Entries

1 Annie BELLEMARE CAN
2 Michelle CURRIE CAN
3 Susanna PÖYKIÖ FIN
4 Carolina KOSTNER ITA
5 Shizuka ARAKAWA JPN
6 Yukari NAKANO JPN
7 Viktoria VOLCHKOVA RUS
8 Galina MANIACHENKO UKR
9 Sasha COHEN USA
10 Amber CORWIN USA
11 Jennifer KIRK USA

MasterCard Skate Canada Int. 2003 Ladies Entries

1 Annie BELLEMARE CAN
2 Jennifer ROBINSON CAN
3 Joannie ROCHETTE CAN
4 Alisa DREI FIN
5 Candice DIDIER FRA
6 Julia SEBESTYEN HUN
7 Shizuka ARAKAWA JPN
8 Yukina OTA JPN
9 Akiko SUZUKI JPN
10 Tatiana BASOVA RUS
11 Elena SOKOLOVA RUS
12 Sasha COHEN USA

Cup of China 2003 Ladies Entries

1 Jennifer ROBINSON CAN
2 Dan FANG CHN
3 Yan LIU CHN
4 Fan ZHANG CHN
5 Yoshie ONDA JPN
6 Fumie SUGURI JPN
7 Tatiana BASOVA RUS
8 Viktoria VOLCHKOVA RUS
9 Sarah MEIER5SUI
10 Elena LIASHENKO UKR
11 Amber CORWIN USA
12 Ann Patrice McDONOUGH USA

go Viktoria Voltchkova

Warrior
Oct 12th, 2003, 09:37 PM
Thanks for posting!

Daniel
Nov 22nd, 2003, 06:13 PM
Do you know if Michelle will go to Nationals in January???
Thanks

xcrtbckhnd
Nov 22nd, 2003, 08:44 PM
Thanks for this post. Good luck:

Victoria
Yoshie
Ann Patrice

Sasha is looking to clean up the first 2 events of the year pretty quickly it seems....

M2k
Nov 23rd, 2003, 12:24 AM
(spoiler--> Don't read my post if you don't want to know the results)

Thank god for the Internet --> :worship: due to work I barely have time for skating :bigcry: Anyway Sasha keeps winning and winning and winning :eek:

Kery lotion Comp - Sasha Cohen ( beats kwan in the process)

GP
Skate America Sasha Cohen
Skate Canada- Sasha Cohen
Cup of China- Elena Liashenko :eek:
Thophy Lalique- Sasha Cohen
Cup of Russia- Elena Liashenko :eek:
NHK Trophy- ????

both Elena and Sasha are kicking ass :eek: and with one more event to go we already know these three are going for sure

Sasha Cohen (US)
Elena Liashenko (UKR)
Shisuka Arakawa (JPN)

Yulia Sebestyen (HUN) *
Jennifer Kirk (US) *

*will be skating in NHK Trophy and hopefully qualify for the GP Finals :cool:

¤CharlDa¤
Nov 23rd, 2003, 01:34 AM
Sasha Cohen :hearts: That girl will be World Champion for a long time!!!

Good luck also to the canadians...Annie Bellemare, Robinson, Rochette!

schris
Nov 23rd, 2003, 11:33 AM

Don`t forget about Michelle Kwan

BigB08822
Nov 24th, 2003, 10:35 AM
GO JENNY KIRK! I hope she places well enough next week to go to the GPF. What a season it may turn out to be for her.

Paneru
Nov 24th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Thus far in the season on the GP circut,
Alexandra Pauline is definitely the one to beat.
She is perfect on the season so far.

She won the Campbell's Classic rightly so over Kwan but,
I don't put too much stock in that. Kwan didn't start training until late August early September as she wasn't participating in the GP series.
Also, she was breaking in new boots and didn't have her loop.
I think the Winter Challenge re-match in about a week and a half between the two will be a better gauge. BTW, Michelle declined the GP because they wanted an answer in May and she could've give them one so she just declined. I don't understand why they needed an answer so soon anyways.

Cohen has become more consistent but, she's still continuing to make minor errors and not turning in clean performances(meaning no falls, hands down, or double footing's of jumps), but definitely an improvement.

It'll be quite an interesting match-up that'll progress
through out nationals and worlds.

As for the others of the GP.
IMO, Liashenko is benefiting from the lackluster fields
more than anything. With Kwan out, Sokolova coming back from knee surgery and not being in shape, Suguri being a late starter, and Slutskaya being ill it makes things a heck of alot easier for her.

She just won COR. However, if Kostner (who won the freeskate) was more consistent she probably would've won. Also, I just found at that Bebe Liang (who was second after the short be Elena) suffered an injury to the muscle in her leg which hindered her jumping and she fell to 5th place overall.

I think Cohen's real and only challenge this season on the GP circut has been Shizuka Arakawa who seems to be getting better and better with each competition. I love her program and if she can skate clean and with her 3/3 she can challenge Sasha in the finals.

NHK looks to have a great line up and I'm hoping that their are no withdraws. I really think that Jenny Kirk has a great chance to win especially if she skates the way she skated at SA! Definitely her best performance ever and the highlight of the entire competition for me!

I'd also like Yukina Ota to medal too, I just love her skating and she has an artistic flare and elegance that I've not seen from any other Japanese skater. If she can get those jumps consistent she'll definitely become a major contendor on the world stage!

I hope Jenny and Yukina both medal at NHK.

This season has seen many lackluster performances
in the GP and it just makes me miss Michelle and Irina
even more. I heard that Irina is back in the hospital and
I hope she gets well soon!

M2k
Nov 24th, 2003, 09:10 PM
Thus far in the season on the GP circut,
Alexandra Pauline is definitely the one to beat.
She is perfect on the season so far.

She won the Campbell's Classic rightly so over Kwan but,

...ahh that's what the comp's name was :o and here I was calling it the Kery Lotion Classic :lol: btw, I don't think I have ever watch Sasha do a clean long program, the poor thing can be a train wreck at times. :retard: I do think Code of Points should benefit someone like Leashenko, and she should be beating most of these skaters if she's at least 65 percent clean, especially since her strenght is her choreography (excluding her loooooong jump setups) on the other hand the new system should present more of a problem to a skater like Sokolova, who's more of a jumper and little else.

Good luck to Jenny Kirk at NHK!!

kerbear
Nov 24th, 2003, 09:12 PM
Sasha Cohen is my girl! I love watching her preform!

She's doing awesome nit he Grand Prix, however there isn't much competition for her.

I can't wait for the US championships and the worlds to see if she can beat Michelle again and the Russians.

Go Sasha!

:bounce:

Paneru
Nov 25th, 2003, 12:38 PM
btw, I don't think I have ever watch Sasha do a clean long program, the poor thing can be a train wreck at times. :retard:
on the other hand the new system should present more of a problem to a skater like Sokolova, who's more of a jumper and little else.

Sasha always has something happen, wheather it's a fall,
two-footing, hand-down, whatever. It was unreal to watch her fall on
that flying camel spin at worlds last year. I think that's were Michelle gets her, Michelle's greatest strength is her consistency and ability to clean programs time in and time out.

I agree about Elena. Which explains why she's finished so low in all of her events, her jumps are gone and so is her placement.
Sokolova's only really a "jumper" when she is in shape.
And even then she still cheats her 3/3's. Her lutz/loop combination was cheated at worlds.

M2k
Nov 25th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Sasha always has something happen, wheather it's a fall,
two-footing, hand-down, whatever. It was unreal to watch her fall on
that flying camel spin at worlds last year. I think that's were Michelle gets her, Michelle's greatest strength is her consistency and ability to clean programs time in and time out.

I remember that fall very well.It was like such an odd place to have a mistake on :eek: and for hat reason alone I think she will keep losing to Michelle.
btw someone should tell Michelle to not use Tosca as her Long Program :tape:

Daniel
Nov 25th, 2003, 11:48 PM
Hope Michelle wins Nationals 2004 :D :bounce: :yeah:

lakeway11
Nov 26th, 2003, 01:56 AM

totally agree...she has talent beyond belief :worship:

and just adore her new program to Swan Lake :hearts: ...very hard music to skate to but she does it brilliantly

lakeway11
Nov 26th, 2003, 02:00 AM
just had to make my 1000 post in honor of the lovely Lu Chen :hearts: (who by the way turned 27 yesterday!)

http://www.scratchspin.com/2000/masters00/fs-4307.jpg

Paneru
Nov 26th, 2003, 12:42 PM
btw someone should tell Michelle to not use Tosca as her Long Program :tape:

Awww...I like Tosca!
Sure it needs some work but it was the first competition of the season and with all that was going on I think it went over quite well. I can't wait until the Winter Challenge next friday night! It's been a little over two months and I'm eager to see how she and the program are progressing. I also heard that she is working with a jump coach again,
I'm hoping she can have a 3/3 if even just toe/toe by worlds.

Paneru
Nov 26th, 2003, 12:46 PM
just had to make my 1000 post in honor of the lovely Lu Chen :hearts: (who by the way turned 27 yesterday!)

Always loved Lulu! :hearts:
Her Rachmoninoff program at 96' worlds is my second favorite program behind Michelle's Salome! For those two reasons, 96' worlds was the best ladies competition that I've ever seen.

lakeway11
Nov 26th, 2003, 05:06 PM
Always loved Lulu! :hearts:
Her Rachmoninoff program at 96' worlds is my second favorite program behind Michelle's Salome! For those two reasons, 96' worlds was the best ladies competition that I've ever seen.

omg that Rachmaninoff program at the World's :hearts: it was heaven on earth :bounce:

my fav skater skating to my fav composer what more can I want out of life :)

M2k
Nov 26th, 2003, 09:57 PM
Awww...I like Tosca!
Sure it needs some work but it was the first competition of the season and with all that was going on I think it went over quite well. I can't wait until the Winter Challenge next friday night! It's been a little over two months and I'm eager to see how she and the program are progressing. I also heard that she is working with a jump coach again,
I'm hoping she can have a 3/3 if even just toe/toe by worlds.

One of the reasons I adore Michelle is because of her music selections. She usually finds music that hasn't been overplayed by other skaters. :tape: ---> until this season of course :tape:

I didn't know she was working with a jump coach :confused: Let's hope it works out and she comes to nationals with a triple triple.

M2k
Nov 26th, 2003, 10:02 PM

Lulu was such a beautiful skater :hearts: and I agree with Kabuke that 96 worlds was the best on the Ladies side. :D

Paneru
Nov 27th, 2003, 01:35 PM
One of the reasons I adore Michelle is because of her music selections. She usually finds music that hasn't been overplayed by other skaters. :tape: ---> until this season of course :tape:

I didn't know she was working with a jump coach :confused: Let's hope it works out and she comes to nationals with a triple triple.

Well, Michelle didn't choose Tosca, her choreographer chose it.
I've always loved the music and I think she can do it justice.

As far as music selection, I think what happened at the
GPF's before 01' worlds really had an effect on her.
I don't think she anticipated such a negative response,
even many of her fans didn't like the music. I loved it and thought it was awesome and just needed time. However, with all of the complaining that Michelle should go more mainstream with her music choices and all the criticism I think she was more or less just like skip it and give them what they want! She always critisized and critiqued either way unlike anyone else. Forinstance, when Kwan recycled her 98' sp for 02' Olympics she recieved so much flack, but Cohen can recycle last years sp this year and their is not even so much as a peep out of these people. I kinda think Michelle's just like "what's the point when no one appreciates it".

Yeah, a credible poster on her unofficial board said she's working with a jump coach again and I too hope it helps. I hope she has a 3/3, though I don't think she needs it. I mean, Cohen isn't doing one and neither are most others. Only a few have landed some this season and they've not really made a difference seeing as few can combine them with clean performances.

I think Michelle will have another stellar season
winning nationals(for the 8th time) and worlds(for the 6th time)! :bounce:

hythger
Nov 27th, 2003, 01:42 PM
Go Sasha!

Paneru
Nov 29th, 2003, 04:02 PM
Qualifiers for Grand Prix Finals
1. Sasha COHEN USA 24 pts.
2. Elena LIASHENKO UKR 21 pts.
3. Fumie SUGURI JPN 19 pts.
4. Shizuka ARAKAWA JPN 18pts.
5. Yoshie ONDA JPN 16 pts.
6. Julia SEBESTYEN HUN 14 pts.

Alternates
7. Jennifer Kirk USA 13 pts.
8. Carolina Kostner ITA 9 pts.
9. Susanna POYKIO FIN 9 pts.

NHK Sp Results:
1 Elena LIASHENKO UKR 58.20
2 Fumie SUGURI JPN 57.94
3 Yoshie ONDA JPN 56.38
4 Diana POTH HUN 52.24
5 Jennifer KIRK USA 51.36
6 Susanna POYKIO FIN 50.08
7 Yukina OTA JPN 47.72
8 Dan FANG CHN 42.00
9 Anne Sophie CALVEZ FRA 41.80
10 Michelle CURRIE CAN 41.06

NHK Lp Results:
1 Fumie SUGURI JPN 107.58
2 Elena LIASHENKO UKR 104.94
3 Yoshie ONDA JPN 98.04
4 Susanna POYKIO FIN 96.96
5 Jennifer KIRK USA 88.72
6 Yukina OTA JPN 86.07
7 Anne Sophie CALVEZ FRA 83.39
8 Michelle CURRIE CAN 82.64
9 Dan FANG CHN 81.74
10 Diana POTH HUN 78.13

NHK Overall Results:
1 Fumie SUGUR 165.52
2 Elena LIASHENKO 163.14
3 Yoshie ONDA 154.42
4 Susanna POYKIO 147.04
5 Jennifer KIRK 140.08
6 Yukina OTA 133.79
7 Diana POTH 130.37
8 Anne Sophie CALVEZ 125.19
9 Dan FANG 123.74
10 Michelle CURRIE 123.70

xcrtbckhnd
Nov 29th, 2003, 04:05 PM
I'm glad Yoshie is in!!! Has she landed the triple axle cleanly in any of the events she's participated in?

Daniel
Nov 29th, 2003, 04:40 PM
Looks like Sasha is taking gold medal at Grand Prix Finals :)

Paneru
Nov 30th, 2003, 04:44 AM
I'm glad Yoshie is in!!! Has she landed the triple axle cleanly in any of the events she's participated in?

Yoshie hasn't attempted her tiple axel as of yet this year.
From what I've heard she is putting it on the back burnner for now to concentrate on improving the line, choreography, and artistry in her programs.

Paneru
Nov 30th, 2003, 04:47 AM
Looks like Sasha is taking gold medal at Grand Prix Finals :)

Looks that way.

I personally think that her only challenge will come from Arakawa.
Liashenko while winning these events has been winning with weak fields and inconsistent performances. Then, their's Suguri whom despite skate well in the LP at NHK, I just don't think she's solid enough to challenge Sasha, which she usually isn't this time in the season as she usually hits her stride towards the end of it.