PDA

View Full Version : Pink's Brutal Admission- talks about Madonna & Prince William

Chance
Oct 12th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Pink's Brutal Admission

Pink is open, outspoken and has no busy handlers running around trying to tailor her message. Although she's only 24, Pink is in total control and it's apparent from the lyrics on her new album, "Try This," that she grew up fast.

Years before the hit singles and mega-selling albums, Pink was a troubled teen struggling with drugs in Doylestown, Pa., a suburb of Philadelphia. The experience was the basis for a new song off her upcoming album.

Although Pink's album is not out until November, she's already making the media rounds. Pink sat down with Access Hollywood's Billy Bush to discuss the record, her strongly-worded letter to Prince William and why a romp with Madonna never "materialized."

Billy Bush: Your first album "M!ssundaztood" sold five million copies and had a huge monster single. What are the goals here with the new disc?

Pink: Yeah, I really can't think about that kind of pressure, thank you! (laughs) I'm just trying to make good music and have some fun.

Billy: "Save My Life" is a song about someone who throws his life or her life away by getting back on drugs. You've done that. You were doing drugs at 14, right?

Pink: Yeah, 13, 14 and 15.

Billy: How heavy was that?

Pink: It was horrible.

Billy: What kind of drugs were you doing?

Pink: Oh, you name it.

Billy: Really?

Pink: Oh, yeah. People think that drugs are in the cities, but drugs are in the suburbs, man.

Billy: Doylestown, Pa., right?

Pink: Yeah, Doylestown. They're in every town. I was a bored, curious, frustrated kid. And I buried several friends, so I'm glad I learned it early because I won't be going back.

Billy: You've sworn off drugs now though.

Pink: Oh yeah. Just because I already know what it is. It's boring to me. It is what it is.

Billy: You're 24. What's left to explore now?

Pink: (laughs) I know. I drink beer now. I just have different goals now. I still like to have fun. I still know how to party, but you don't need to be on drugs to know how to party.

Billy: Did you recently write a letter to Prince William asking him to stop hunting?

Pink: Yeah.

Billy: Did he answer you back?

Pink: No, I heard a rumor that his dad did but I never saw the letter.

Billy: What did you say in the letter?

Pink: Well, he wanted me to play at his birthday party and I said, 'No, because you hunt animals in Africa. You have a lot of money and you're a public figure and it would be nice if you weren't so ignorant.'

Billy: I understand that you were Madonna's first choice at the VMAs for the big smooch.

Pink: Originally, yes.

Billy: Why did you turn her down?

Pink: I was in Costa Rica. I couldn't be there for rehearsals. It was a logistical problem.

Billy: If the schedules had worked, would you have kissed Madonna?

Pink: Oh, yeah. I love Madonna! I would kiss Madonna right now, right here. Wouldn't you?

jenny161185
Oct 12th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Go Pink She would of been great I think it should have been brit chris and Pink. I thought misundastood sold like 8 million and it was her *second* album

Fantastic
Oct 12th, 2003, 03:41 PM
It must be the drugs. "Misundaztood" was indeed her second album. LOL.

King Aaron
Oct 12th, 2003, 05:40 PM
M!ssundaztood was her second album and has sold more than 10 million worldwide. :D :)
Thanks for the article by the way. :woohoo:

Rocketta
Oct 12th, 2003, 05:43 PM
hmm, maybe they are trying to sweep that first RnB album under the rug like it never happened. ;) :hehehe:

Consistency
Oct 13th, 2003, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by sunsetPink: Well, he wanted me to play at his birthday and I said, 'No, because you hunt animals in Africa. You have alot of money and you're a public figure and it would be nice if you weren't so ignorant.'

Pink:Oh yea. I love Madonna! I would kiss Madonna right now, right here.

Excuse me if I go on a tangent here, but I wonder if Pink is aware that Madonna has admitted, or bragged about going hunting with her husband Guy in England. Perhaps Pink has asked her to stop shooting animals too?