PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP Help!

angele87
Oct 12th, 2003, 01:56 AM
I'm trying to get a DVD to work in my computer and I get the message that I need to disable the tv out function but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do that :o Any ideas?

Knizzle
Oct 12th, 2003, 02:00 AM
I'm trying to get a DVD to work in my computer and I get the message that I need to disable the tv out function but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do that :o Any ideas?

That's a puzzling one because DVD is precisely the main thing TV out is for. Right click on your desktop and choose "Properties" go to the "Settings" tab and choose Advanced. Look for a "Displays" tab and see if there is an option to disable it. Hope this helps.

angele87
Oct 12th, 2003, 02:06 AM
Thanks for the help but I couldn't find anything :(

Barrie_Dude
Oct 12th, 2003, 02:07 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Angele! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
How are you sweet baby? :kiss: :hearts:

Knizzle
Oct 12th, 2003, 02:08 AM

What kind of video card do you have and what program are you playing the dvd with??

angele87
Oct 12th, 2003, 02:14 AM
What kind of video card do you have and what program are you playing the dvd with??
I don't know what kind of video card I have :o The program I'm using is PowerDVD.

angele87
Oct 12th, 2003, 02:15 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Angele! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
How are you sweet baby? :kiss: :hearts:
I would be much better if I could get my stupid DVD player to work :(

angele87
Oct 12th, 2003, 02:22 AM
Thanks for trying to help Knizzle. I'm heading off to bed because I'm getting very frustrated with this dvd player :o If anybody knows how to get to the tv out function, please post!!

Barrie_Dude
Oct 12th, 2003, 02:30 AM
Thanks for trying to help Knizzle. I'm heading off to bed because I'm getting very frustrated with this dvd player :o If anybody knows how to get to the tv out function, please post!!
Night Sweet Baby! :kiss:

angele87
Oct 12th, 2003, 12:57 PM
bump :angel:

Martian Willow
Oct 12th, 2003, 01:03 PM
...you want the Device Manager...right-click My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager...find the TV Out...double-click...disable in Device Usage... :)

...though, as Knizzle says, it's a bit of a mystery why it's asking you to do that anyway... :confused:

Martian Willow
Oct 12th, 2003, 01:11 PM
...don't disable anything if you're not sure what it is though... :)

angele87
Oct 12th, 2003, 01:15 PM
I've made it to the device manager but I can't seem to find that stupid tv out function :mad:

angele87
Oct 12th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Here is the exact message that I get... First I get "TheTV Out port of your display card is not working properly." when I click on detailed, it says "This copy protected disc can not be played when the TV out function is enabled."

:scratch:

Martian Willow
Oct 12th, 2003, 01:35 PM
...copy protection is a pain in the arse...I don't think you can disable the TV out if you have integrated graphics...except in the BIOS...which I wouldn't recommend...I think you're stuffed...but I'll try asking someone else...might take a while though... :(