PDA

View Full Version : Gay Kids Bash Back

spiceboy
Oct 11th, 2003, 11:59 PM
:o :o :o Didn't know there is a high school for gay kids only in NYC *Wishing have studied there* :devil:

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/7805.htm

October 10, 2003 -- Students at the city's high school for gay kids ganged up to clobber a man after he taunted them, cops said.
The free-for-all on Astor Place left the man injured and under arrest, along with three students from Harvey Milk HS.

Witnesses said around 20 students jumped the man after he hit one kid in the head and threatened others with a screwdriver outside Starbucks Wednesday afternoon.

The man who allegedly provoked the fight - Vernon Jones, 23, of Brooklyn - was treated at a hospital for a puncture wound and was charged with menacing.

Three students, Erica Simon, 17, Kareem Macedon, 16, and Penn Lorenzo, 16, were charged with gang assault and menacing, cops said.

Pupils at the school said the bad blood began after Jones confronted Macedon in a nearby McDonald's Tuesday where he threatened: "I am straight and gay people are going to die."

"The guy came and said, 'You're all going to hell' and told us that we should have all died before we were born. It was really upsetting," said student Randy M., 19.

Students said Jones then returned Wednesday and confronted Simon, who is bisexual, outside the Starbucks where she was hanging out after school.

"The same kid came back yesterday and he brought a screwdriver with him and he said to the girl, 'Where are your people?' She said 'What people?' and he punched her in the face," said Stephanie Ruiz, 16, from Woodhaven.

Ruiz said many kids from the school then jumped on Jones, and Lorenzo stabbed him with the screwdriver.

"We were heading for the train and the straight guy went wacko," said a student. "All the kids from the school jumped the guy because he hit the girl."

Simon's family at her home in Coney Island said they had spoken to the teen from jail. She told them Jones had smacked her head against the Starbucks glass window.

"He turned and banged her head twice against the window pane and she fought back," said her brother Jeffrey Simon, 22.

Cops, however, said the brawl was caused when Jones began making comments to the students while sitting in his car outside the Starbucks, waiting for his wife to buy coffee. They said Jones also had an infant in the car.

Cops said Jones told the kids the way they were behaving "reflected poorly" on other black kids, but didn't specify if this was a gay slur.

They said the students began throwing bottles at the car and Jones got out wielding a screwdriver.

¤CharlDa¤
Oct 12th, 2003, 01:28 AM
Good for him !!!!!!

bis2806
Oct 12th, 2003, 03:24 AM
That Jones guy is a freak!

Knizzle
Oct 12th, 2003, 03:27 AM
Whoa. Is that a public high school??

switz
Oct 12th, 2003, 04:37 AM
segregation of high-schools by sexuality is not a good thing IMO

Knizzle
Oct 12th, 2003, 04:38 AM
segregation of high-schools by sexuality is not a good thing IMO

I think so too, but as long as it's a private school and not public, they can do what they want.

vs1
Oct 12th, 2003, 04:40 AM
Yes, it's a public school. Good for New York City!!
It sucks that in this day and age, people are still treating others with such hate and disrespect. Have we made no progress at all?!?! :mad:

Knizzle
Oct 12th, 2003, 04:44 AM
Yes, it's a public school. Good for New York City!!
It sucks that in this day and age, people are still treating others with such hate and disrespect. Have we made no progress at all?!?! :mad:

I don't think there should be a public school open to only one group of people. I hope straight people are allowed to attend also.

TennisHack
Oct 12th, 2003, 04:47 AM
Where have you people been?

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=80298

Annisha
Oct 12th, 2003, 04:52 AM
I actually wish that we had something like that in australia...i had to finish my education early b/c it got out about my sexuality..i was constantly taunted, threatened and ridiculed b/c of my sexuality. I couldnt stand it anymore so i had to leave. H'ever i did complete my education as a mature age student, went on to college and got my social work degree :) Its a pity we need such schools b/c there are so many bigoted narrow minded ppl out there. In australia the main reason for young male suicides is due to having their sexuality being unaccepted...that sez it all :(

treufreund
Oct 12th, 2003, 07:54 AM
you people don't get it. these kids are not the kind of kids who can "pass" as straight. they were assaulted, taunted, threatened, beaten, harrassed and ridiculed on a daily basis in their old schools and THEIR LIVES and SCHOOLING were in dire jeopardy.

This school can save their lives. No it is not IDEAL but it is better than having these kids get killed or committing suicide. The sad fact is that the kids who mistreated were the ones who should have been forced to leave their schools but there were probably just too many of them. Finding a group of kids like themselves is INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT.

azza
Oct 12th, 2003, 07:56 AM
is that girls or boys

jenny161185
Oct 12th, 2003, 03:02 PM
mixed? I think Its good they stuck up for themselves that guy is an ass

Scotso
Oct 12th, 2003, 03:48 PM
Hit him harder next time.

Scotso
Oct 12th, 2003, 03:49 PM
I bet this guy is a laughing stock now. It must have been so embarrassing when all his macho straight friends found out he got beat up by a bunch of gay kids.