PDA

View Full Version : No more singles for Michelle Branch?

[S@nti]
Oct 11th, 2003, 10:05 PM
What happens? Why isn´t there a new single & video :retard:

Jarrett
Oct 11th, 2003, 10:22 PM
Breathe was just released with a video. Launch.com has it to watch. The video SUCKS and looks like it cost about $5,000 to shoot which it about nothing in video terms. Don't it doesn't look like Michelle is liking it either, she doesn't smile AT ALL. Oh Michelle... her CD just dropped out of the top 100. :( Hopefully she will be back with a good single and video soon.

[S@nti]
Oct 11th, 2003, 10:30 PM
:o but how is she doint in the charts with that video?

kournikovafan13
Oct 12th, 2003, 12:04 AM
It was just fucking released on Wednesday....geesh, give her a break. The video is at #6 on TRL, which is usually where it starts. Radio stations are picking it up and soon the video will be airing.

She usually waits a while between singles anyways.

Oh and Jarrett, I think the video is great, it's simple, but it's pretty cool. The song, although not her best, is really catchy. Oh, and Hotel Paper may have fallen out of the top 100 recently but it was certified gold a few weeks ago......

Jarrett
Oct 12th, 2003, 02:24 AM
kournikovafan13 I actually like the song, by "good single" I meant really popular. Hotel Paper is my favorite CD this year. Nothing has touched it by far, at least out of the 20 I bought in the last few months.

By looking at the spirit room, hotel paper fell out of the top 100 way to quickly. TSR hovered in the top 30 for a long time. I dunno, she seems really popular in Houston but I don't know about the rest of the country. She is getting played on 104 all the time. AYHN was #1 on the countdown for almost a month.

kournikovafan13
Oct 12th, 2003, 02:45 AM
kournikovafan13 I actually like the song, by "good single" I meant really popular. Hotel Paper is my favorite CD this year. Nothing has touched it by far, at least out of the 20 I bought in the last few months.

By looking at the spirit room, hotel paper fell out of the top 100 way to quickly. TSR hovered in the top 30 for a long time. I dunno, she seems really popular in Houston but I don't know about the rest of the country. She is getting played on 104 all the time. AYHN was #1 on the countdown for almost a month.

I wasn't talking about your opinion on the song, but rather about the video ;) But lots of Michelle's fans on her official forum don't like it either (and many love it) so I respect your opinion.

I don't think TSR was in the top 30 for a long time....it peaked at No.28. Top 40 sounds more like it. But it took TSR six months to be certified gold, which is twice as long as it took HP to do so. Don't worry, Breathe will get it back up there.

You've bought 20 CDs in the past few months? :tape: I've bought about 8 or so and I thought THAT was a lot....

LTT
Oct 12th, 2003, 03:16 AM
I thought Breath is one of her best song in the HP. It's pretty catchy and when I heard it like 3-4 times, it is actually a great song. Hopefully with Breath, her album sales will go up again.

I agree though about the video, it is okay, however, Michelle was not smiling at all.

I think she should release Love me like that with Sheryl Crow, I mean, that's where everyone will look up and listen to Michelle's great music.

Jarrett
Oct 12th, 2003, 03:22 AM
I wasn't talking about your opinion on the song, but rather about the video ;) But lots of Michelle's fans on her official forum don't like it either (and many love it) so I respect your opinion.

I don't think TSR was in the top 30 for a long time....it peaked at No.28. Top 40 sounds more like it. But it took TSR six months to be certified gold, which is twice as long as it took HP to do so. Don't worry, Breathe will get it back up there.

You've bought 20 CDs in the past few months? :tape: I've bought about 8 or so and I thought THAT was a lot....

Yeah, I usually buy the next releases every week. I recently bought Hilary Duff's CD as a joke and I actually like it. :eek: I can't believe she has shipped a million CDs. Dear God!

kournikovafan13
Oct 12th, 2003, 03:34 AM
I think she should release Love me like that with Sheryl Crow, I mean, that's where everyone will look up and listen to Michelle's great music.

I think if Empty Handed or Tuesday Morning were released they would get more play on adult contemporary stations rather than the pop stations that she's usually played on....there are songs on HP far more mature, both lyrically and musically, than Breathe. But I believe that Breathe will be a pretty big song, so it was a good decision.

I hate Maverick though. They are a bunch of arrogant fuckers who mess with their artists. They forced Michelle to release Breathe, almost made her release You Get Me instead of All You Wanted (can you believe that?), and have changed the sound of artists like Lillix and Jude. They give no promotion or respect to Alanis Morissette who is their biggest seller. They just plain suck.

Jarrett, you must have a wide range in musical tastes if you buy new releases every week......half the shit out there I can't even listen to, let alone like!

Jarrett
Oct 12th, 2003, 03:41 AM
I think if Empty Handed or Tuesday Morning were released they would get more play on adult contemporary stations rather than the pop stations that she's usually played on....there are songs on HP far more mature, both lyrically and musically, than Breathe. But I believe that Breathe will be a pretty big song, so it was a good decision.

I hate Maverick though. They are a bunch of arrogant fuckers who mess with their artists. They forced Michelle to release Breathe, almost made her release You Get Me instead of All You Wanted (can you believe that?), and have changed the sound of artists like Lillix and Jude. They give no promotion or respect to Alanis Morissette who is their biggest seller. They just plain suck.

Jarrett, you must have a wide range in musical tastes if you buy new releases every week......half the shit out there I can't even listen to, let alone like!

Yeah I like everything... except the white strips. That is the only CD I bought and didn't like so I had to give to my brother in law who wanted to buy it anyway.

kournikovafan13
Oct 12th, 2003, 03:49 AM
lol........You must have a lot of CDs :eek:

I forgot to mention.....Michelle sued Maverick around 6 months ago....I don't know if she was successful, but she tried :tape:

kournikovafan13
Oct 12th, 2003, 03:53 AM
Here is the actual paperwork for Michelle's lawsuit :eek:

http://celebrityjustice.warnerbros.com/documents/03/04/branch.pdf

Fantastic
Oct 12th, 2003, 02:46 PM
She's suing Madonna's record label? Bitch! ;)

King Aaron
Oct 12th, 2003, 04:36 PM
So she's with what label now? If she sued Maverick I'm sure she wouldn't still be on the label right?

Oh Jarrett can I count on you to get P!nk's latest CD when it comes out? :angel:

King Aaron
Oct 12th, 2003, 08:13 PM
I just saw the Breathe video. I don't think it's that bad although I agree Michelle doesn't look happy at all.

Warrior
Oct 12th, 2003, 08:54 PM
Just finished watching the video. I like the concept, but I don't think that it's well made.

ys
Oct 12th, 2003, 09:11 PM
She joins Navratilova in playing doubles only?

[S@nti]
Oct 12th, 2003, 09:14 PM

? :retard: loll :haha: :lol:

King Aaron
Oct 13th, 2003, 06:27 PM
Sorry but :haha: :lol:.