marlins 3, cubs 2

Car Key Boi
Oct 11th, 2003, 08:09 PM
by the way, question for Steam or any other Boston Tard

wtf does "Cowboy Up" stand for?

- Car Key Boi :confused:

Amadé
Oct 11th, 2003, 08:14 PM
http://community.kournikova.com/images/smilies/king.gif I'll pick the Red Soxs and the Marlins to win. Haven't yet figured out what score it will be.

Steam
Oct 11th, 2003, 08:26 PM
Cowboy Up is something that the deer urine bat soaker Kevin Millar came up with. It basically means that they are grinders. If you are hurt, not feeling well, you have to "Cowboy Up". All in all, he is comparing the team to a bunch of cowboys. Personally, I find it pretty lame and the homoerotic overtones are astonishing.

Anyway, I think the Sox pull this one out but go on to lose the series in six games. The Cubs should win as well since I think Matt Clement is going to do well against his old team.

King Satan
Oct 11th, 2003, 08:32 PM
steam, you really think the cubs are gonna beat Willis? i doubt it.

i don't know who's pitching the other game, so i dont know who to pick.

King Satan
Oct 11th, 2003, 08:33 PM
ho shit, i didn't know the game was on already :eek:

Steam
Oct 11th, 2003, 08:33 PM
steam, you really think the cubs are gonna beat Willis? i doubt it.

i don't know who's pitching the other game, so i dont know who to pick.

Clemens/Martinez. How can you not know that?

And this isn't June anymore.

Knizzle
Oct 11th, 2003, 08:35 PM
I guess it's too late for the red sox game, but I'll take the Cubs 8 to 5.

King Satan
Oct 11th, 2003, 08:35 PM
oh that's right. didnt remember :o

King Satan
Oct 11th, 2003, 08:40 PM
And is anyone else like me- i can't watch a baseball game from start to finish- i take peeps bet. the game and like to start watching in the 7 or 8th inning.

hello to the joyful one :wavey::kiss:

same here, i never watch the whole game. i usually play some video games till about the 5 or 6 inning, then i start watching it when it gets interesting :)

Knizzle
Oct 11th, 2003, 08:41 PM
I think both pitchers may be getting hit well, but I think the cubs will get to dontrell willis just like San Francisco did.

Steam
Oct 11th, 2003, 08:44 PM
btw- are they any black players on the red sox? I just heard somethign interesting about black players putting in their contracts that they don't want to be traded to Boston- was that in the past. I'm not taliking dark-skinned latinos.

Damien Jackson

Car Key Boi
Oct 11th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Cowboy Up is something that the deer urine bat soaker Kevin Millar came up with. It basically means that they are grinders. If you are hurt, not feeling well, you have to "Cowboy Up". All in all, he is comparing the team to a bunch of cowboys. Personally, I find it pretty lame and the homoerotic overtones are astonishing.

Anyway, I think the Sox pull this one out but go on to lose the series in six games. The Cubs should win as well since I think Matt Clement is going to do well against his old team.

i always wondered what the meaning was behind those t-shirts "the time is now....so cowboy up" and why the Red Sox play that Ryan Reynolds song of the same name

And the other night yuo mentioned the phrase during the A's game and then this morning i saw a 'Cowboy Up' bumper sticker and i thought wtf?? :confused:

thax for the info Steam :)

Knizzle
Oct 12th, 2003, 12:52 AM
Well, Dontrell Willis is gone. Love to say I told you so!! Go Cubs!!

Steam
Oct 12th, 2003, 02:30 AM
And this isn't June anymore.

Yep.

At least I was right on one thing. Sorry Dontrelle. Might as well say fuck it at this point and get the Tommy John surgery over and done with.

Amadé
Oct 12th, 2003, 05:00 AM
http://community.kournikova.com/images/smilies/king.gif I'll pick the Red Soxs and the Marlins to win. Haven't yet figured out what score it will be.
http://community.kournikova.com/images/smilies/king.gif Well I guess I was wrong. :banghead:

Hurley
Oct 12th, 2003, 05:17 AM
mine are

red sox 7, yankees 4

marlins 3, cubs 2

These worked out well for you ;)