PDA

View Full Version : Kazaa Lite question (How do I play avi)?

CanadianBoy21
Oct 11th, 2003, 03:00 PM
I downloaded a movie and it's .avi
is there anyways I can play it.
I don't want to mess around with Kazaa Lite, but there is a thing around options ?

if aynone can help that would be Great

Martian Willow
Oct 11th, 2003, 03:21 PM
...um...Windows Media Player plays avi files...so does DivX Player... :)

CanadianBoy21
Oct 11th, 2003, 03:49 PM
not for me, there is only a sound, no picture. but thanks anyways :)

~CANUCK~
Oct 11th, 2003, 04:26 PM
u prolly don't have the right codec to play the movie...try and download a program called divxplayer. I think the website is www.divx.com
just go there and look for the free divx player...you will be able to play your movie in that. And by the way kazaa lite doesn't work for downloading songs anymore.

CanadianBoy21
Oct 11th, 2003, 05:09 PM
Okay, I am downloading it now, thanks.
but what do you mean 'kazaa lite doesn't work for downloading songs anymore'? I just downloaded some yesterday.

~CANUCK~
Oct 11th, 2003, 07:56 PM
Okay, I am downloading it now, thanks.
but what do you mean 'kazaa lite doesn't work for downloading songs anymore'? I just downloaded some yesterday.

i mean that you can still download songs...but the riaa flooded the kazaa server with fake songs...so all new songs that are comming out that you try and download are messed up...they will play for like 13 secs then its will go all crazy and sounds like a fax machine...you can get lucky and still find some new songs that are ok but most are messed up

King Aaron
Oct 11th, 2003, 07:59 PM
i mean that you can still download songs...but the riaa flooded the kazaa server with fake songs...so all new songs that are comming out that you try and download are messed up...they will play for like 13 secs then its will go all crazy and sounds like a fax machine...you can get lucky and still find song new songs that are ok but most are messed up
That's what I mostly get. :fiery: Stupid RIAA!!

~CANUCK~
Oct 11th, 2003, 08:04 PM
That's what I mostly get. :fiery: Stupid RIAA!!

yeah you should get WinMX for gettin songs that still seems to work out

ally baker
Oct 11th, 2003, 08:12 PM
Media Player doesn't always play AVI's... but I'm pretty sure Kazaa Lite comes with a AVI player if you download it.

alexusjonesfan
Oct 11th, 2003, 08:12 PM
ICare4U, do you live on UofT campus? have you heard of sharescan?

CanadianBoy21
Oct 11th, 2003, 09:42 PM
ICare4U, do you live on UofT campus? have you heard of sharescan?
yeah, but I never heard of sharescan.
:confused:
what is it?

alexusjonesfan
Oct 11th, 2003, 10:03 PM
yeah, but I never heard of sharescan.
:confused:
what is it?

Sharescan is a file sharing program for people on UofT campuses (even Erindale and Scarborough). The amount of files is really big just because of the sheer number of students on the UofT network and speeds are really fast (you can get 250 MB movie files in 5mins).

I've heard that there aren't any bandwith restrictions this year, but either way Sharescan downloads are inside the network so don't count towards your bandwith usage.

You can download the program (the interface is like Kazaa) at http://www.tucows.com/preview/220820.html

Once you install the program, you'll need to import the sources for download (in the network) from a file. I can't attach the source file here, but you can either ask one of your friends who might have it or I can send it to you via msn or icq etc.

It's really handy little program and the network usually has all kinds of songs, movies, clips, games, apps etc. :wavey:

King Aaron
Oct 12th, 2003, 05:04 PM
yeah you should get WinMX for gettin songs that still seems to work out
But isn't WinMX slower or has less files and has got loads of spyware?