PDA

View Full Version : Top 15 North American Universities?

CanadianBoy21
Oct 10th, 2003, 04:57 PM
Can anybody post what they are, I'm interested.
I don't know what criteria is used to rank universities, but I want to know which are considered the top 15. thanks

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 10th, 2003, 05:02 PM
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/rankindex_brief.php

CanadianBoy21
Oct 10th, 2003, 05:39 PM
Thanks a lot!

I wonder where the Canadian Universities would rank in there.

Couver
Oct 10th, 2003, 06:36 PM
I think some Canadian universities would rank very high. But apparently North America is only made up of the United States. :rolleyes:

mexicotrip
Oct 10th, 2003, 07:26 PM
I think some Canadian universities would rank very high. But apparently North America is only made up of the United States. :rolleyes:

You are so right.
The University of Toronto and Waterloo University come to mind.
UofT for its medical research and Waterloo for math/eng.ComSci.

CanadianBoy21
Oct 10th, 2003, 07:36 PM
I'm in UofT now :)
that's why I'm so interested.
UofT supposebly has the third largest library in North America, behind Harvard and Princeton I think.
UBC would be high too, higher than Waterloo I think

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 10th, 2003, 07:52 PM
She asked for NA and all I had was the rankings from US News...sorry...You can google Princeton Review...Canadian Us might be in that...:wavey:

alexusjonesfan
Oct 10th, 2003, 08:27 PM
I'm in UofT now :)
that's why I'm so interested.
UofT supposebly has the third largest library in North America, behind Harvard and Princeton I think.
UBC would be high too, higher than Waterloo I think

I think the first two are Harvard and Stanford (or something like that)

You're at UofT? what program? I'm there right now too :eek:

I couldn't find any rankings for all of North America but I've got a copy of the Maclean's rankings of Canadian Universities from last year and I'll look for it and post the info there :yeah:

The rankings depend on the choice of program though...UofT electrical engineering is up in the top 10 in North America (Waterloo strangely enough isn't). UofT wins nearly every year in macleans for Medical/Doctoral schools and UofGuelph won this year for the Comprehensive category (I think they were second in that category last year). As for international reputation, there's only a few acclaimed schools in Canada like McGill, UofT and Queen's. For business, Western's Richard Ivey school, UofT's Rotman and York U's Shulich business schools are rated amongst the highest in North America. I don't know much about Law though.