PDA

View Full Version : Hark The Herald Angels Sing

GogoGirl
Feb 7th, 2002, 08:26 AM
I do declare!

Romance sizzles between Sabathia, Serena

02/06/02

Yes, Indians lefty pitcher C.C. Saba thia won 17 games last season, drew tons and tons of national attention and praise, and finished second in the voting for American League Rookie of the Year.

Information from Our Sponsors

But here is the surest sign yet that Sabathia has truly hit the big time: Those who'd know confirm the young pitcher is dating flashy, popular tennis star Serena Williams - and that the two-sport romance shows no signs of cooling.

Word is Sabathia met Williams, the 1999 U.S. Open champion and younger sister of fellow tennis star Venus Williams, at a boxing match in Las Vegas last November. Sabathia had attended the fight at the invite of buddy (and former Indians center fielder) Kenny Lofton - and, obviously, the pitcher's eyes wandered from the ring at some point during the evening.

Sabathia, 21, is 14 months older than Serena Williams, who has been previously linked romantically to Washington Redskins linebacker LaVar Arrington.

Infiniti2001
Feb 7th, 2002, 07:36 PM
Umm , if this is true--- I 'm all happy that Miss Rena has found love and all (NOT) :) but it's time she got her butt back on the court, because the last time I checked she was a tennis player :P

Seriously though, it looks like Cleveland is going to maintain its tradition of being a home away from home for tennis stars. First Mary Pierce and now Serena! I wonder if they'll let her throw out a first pitch too heehee
Oh, here is the dude