PDA

View Full Version : "Kill Bill" thread

Darkheart
Oct 10th, 2003, 03:56 AM
Anyone seen "Kill Bill" yet?

I won't get a chance to see it until Sunday, Oct. 12. I have to work on Friday and Saturday :(.

I heard a lot of stuff on other various forums.

I heard that it's the most violent American-made film ever.

The movie is in 2 volumes. I don't think anyone can stomach 3.5 hours of ultra-violence. Volume 1 will be released on Oct. 10 and volume 2 will be coming in Feb. 2004.

Quentin Tarantino doesn't hold anything back. He lets it all loose. He doesn't let the censors force him to make a less-violent tamer version of his work.

This film is Tarantino's take on Asian cinema. This film has many influences from Chinese sword-fighting films to Japanese anime. There is even a Japanese-anime-style segment in this film. Some of the Asian actors in this film have appeared in some of the Asian films that influenced this film.

It has the classic Tarantino signatures - the style, the music, the cinematography, the violence, and the references to the movies that influenced it. And the fight scenes are top-notch, from what I hear.

One major thing that will be different in this film than his previous films is that the dialogue is not a main focal point, but I think that's done on purpose because the films that influenced this film were not dialogue-driven anyway.

I can't wait to finally see it.

~CANUCK~
Oct 10th, 2003, 04:03 AM
ive been looking forward to this movie for a while...im gonna try and see it some time this weekend

narcissus boy
Oct 10th, 2003, 04:07 AM
I have been waiting for this moment for so long, and now, it's finally here!!

Sam L
Oct 10th, 2003, 04:11 AM
Guys, I think the trailer for COLD MOUNTAIN will be attached to Kill Bill. Keep a look out for it please, and let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

narcissus boy
Oct 10th, 2003, 04:50 AM
:haha:

Crazy Canuck
Oct 10th, 2003, 04:54 AM
Sam, I have to be honest... your obsession with Cold Mountain has all but made me lose any remote interest I would have ever had in that movie. Your overkill enthusiasm has made something that normally I'd have considered enjoyable, intollerable. Congratuations, you've just given me a first hand example of the over justification effect :p

narcissus boy
Oct 10th, 2003, 05:04 AM
:worship: Rebecca

starr
Oct 10th, 2003, 05:04 AM
I'm thinking Sam must have points in that movie. :)

Uma kills a woman while her child is present. That's pretty gruesome

starr
Oct 10th, 2003, 05:06 AM
And the only thing I want to know about Cold Mountain is whether the makers were true to the book and the Jude Law character dies at the end.

Sam L
Oct 10th, 2003, 05:08 AM
And the only thing I want to know about Cold Mountain is whether the makers were true to the book and the Jude Law character dies at the end.
Yes Anthony Minghella has stayed true to the book, and Jude Law does die at the end. I have read this in a script review and also various other extremely positive film reviews.

Mattographer
Oct 10th, 2003, 05:08 AM
Sam, I have to be honest... your obsession with Cold Mountain
Yes, you are! :o Please forget about the movie for little while and have a look at different movies such as Kill Bill! :p

Sam L
Oct 10th, 2003, 05:09 AM
Sam, I have to be honest... your obsession with Cold Mountain has all but made me lose any remote interest I would have ever had in that movie. Your overkill enthusiasm has made something that normally I'd have considered enjoyable, intollerable. Congratuations, you've just given me a first hand example of the over justification effect :p
I know you're crazy :p but I'll take your word and I'll come back with a better strategy. :p

Back to the drawing board for me then. :mad:

Mattographer
Oct 10th, 2003, 05:10 AM
Thanks for tell me so, I won't see it ;)

Sam L
Oct 10th, 2003, 05:14 AM
Thanks for tell me so, I won't see it ;)
That's not how the movie ends but... There's a lot more to it.

narcissus boy
Oct 10th, 2003, 05:14 AM
Sam L, quit telling the movie, or I won't see it.

starr
Oct 10th, 2003, 05:22 AM
That's not how the movie ends but... There's a lot more to it.

Well, in the book there are only a few pages after the main character dies. so there isn't a lot more to it. That's a beautiful scene in the book and very cinematic. At least that's what I thought when I read it. I really dislike seeing movies made from books that I've read. I'd rather see the movie first and then read the book. The book is almost always so much better than the movie.

I want to see Kill Bill, but I am a bit worried about all the violence. Usually Tarantino has such great dialogue that it is worthwhile seeing the movie anyway, but I haven't seen a lot a snappy dialogue with this movie. Anyway, I'll probably go see it this weekend.

Crazy Canuck
Oct 10th, 2003, 06:04 AM
I know you're crazy :p but I'll take your word and I'll come back with a better strategy. :p

Back to the drawing board for me then. :mad:
Awww... I was just ragging on you. I'm sure that some posters are interested in hearing about, so just ignore me :p I'm just overthinking as always :p

Sam L
Oct 10th, 2003, 06:24 AM
Awww... I was just ragging on you. I'm sure that some posters are interested in hearing about, so just ignore me :p I'm just overthinking as always :p
No that's ok. I knew I had to revise my strategy anyway. But it all depends on the buzz when the trailer/poster comes out. I'm going to wait til then and see what will be my next appropriate action to take.

DunkMachine
Oct 10th, 2003, 08:04 AM
I don't get Tarantino he makes references to Bruce Lee's Game of Death yet co-stars a man who "stole" Bruce Lee's tv series 'Kung Fu'. He can't even fight worth a $#&*.

Is he making a homage or bitchslapping Bruce in his grave. WTF!!!!!!!!!!

I'm referring to Carradine by the way

decemberlove
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:50 AM
Well, in the book there are only a few pages after the main character dies. so there isn't a lot more to it. That's a beautiful scene in the book and very cinematic. At least that's what I thought when I read it. I really dislike seeing movies made from books that I've read. I'd rather see the movie first and then read the book. The book is almost always so much better than the movie.

I want to see Kill Bill, but I am a bit worried about all the violence. Usually Tarantino has such great dialogue that it is worthwhile seeing the movie anyway, but I haven't seen a lot a snappy dialogue with this movie. Anyway, I'll probably go see it this weekend.

are you the cat and not telling us?

taratinos movies arent all that violent, people blow them out of proportion.

ill never understand why people think movies are too violent and gruesome, its just a fucking movie. people take shit so seriously.

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:57 AM
*stalking Holly*

decemberlove
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:58 AM
:lick:

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 10th, 2003, 11:02 AM
:kiss:

decemberlove
Oct 10th, 2003, 11:06 AM
you just like my vulnerable lil girl voice :p

DunkMachine
Oct 10th, 2003, 11:24 AM
are you the cat and not telling us?

taratinos movies arent all that violent, people blow them out of proportion.

ill never understand why people think movies are too violent and gruesome, its just a fucking movie. people take shit so seriously.

Haven't seen Desperado or From Dusk Till Dawn have you? I agree with your last statement. People need to calm the f* down.

decemberlove
Oct 10th, 2003, 11:31 AM
yes, ive seen almost all his movies.
i dont think theyre all that violent thou.

then again, i dont find horror movies scary cos they arent real. i see violent movies the same way, its not real so its not violent to me, despite what may be in there.

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:38 PM
you just like my vulnerable lil girl voice :p

:hearts:

DunkMachine
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:57 PM
It's good to see that martial arts are coming back to the big screen again and not that fake Chuck Norris "repeating-the-same-punch-100x" bullcrap. Finally a movie with good solid fight scenes.

Amanda
Oct 10th, 2003, 01:29 PM
I can't wait for part II.

jenny161185
Oct 10th, 2003, 05:35 PM
I cant wait to see it - glad to see Uma Thurman back in the spotlight shes great :)

Couver
Oct 10th, 2003, 06:43 PM
I've actually been totally waiting to see Kill Bill. But I have to wait until next weekend :sad:

Anyway I hope it's good, and I agree it might be violent, but movies are fantasy any normal person knows you don't go copy what they do in movies.
Besides looking at the fight scenes in this movie I doubt you can copy any of it.

The characters all look awesome, I just hope they don't kill too many of them :)

harloo
Oct 10th, 2003, 07:02 PM
I cannot wait to see Kill Bill, but i might wait till next week to see it. But I have to go see it because my baby's mama is in the film. Not only that but Quentin makes great VIOLENT movies. I still love to watch Pulp Fiction, and Jackie Brown is my all time favorite.

pReUrBrIyN
Oct 10th, 2003, 08:32 PM
I just saw it, its an awesome movie :)

If you like blood, gore, and a lot of action ;)

Which I do :D

alexusjonesfan
Oct 22nd, 2003, 03:20 AM
I just saw the movie tonight...and I found out that I'm a big weenie. I thought the gore and bloodshed was way overdone and ended up overwhelming and burying the interesting plot and characters (I thought Monica Belucci did a great job and the Gogo schoolgirl character was amazing). Sometime around the big Matrix-esque fight between Uma Thurman and those yakuza henchmen (not really a spoiler because it's featured in the trailer and most of the ads), I my stomach turned and wanted to leave. My friend who's into animé and has seen far worse things (she tells me Akira has much stranger/nastier things in it), wasn't bothered because she could separate the plot from the unrealistic gorey bits. Unfortunately I couldn't and now I think I should go back to watching Disney. I found the experience seriously traumatic and certainly won't be going back for the conclusion :(

guess I shouldn't have expected anything different considering even something like the Mothman Prophecies freaked me out for weeks after.
Still I dunno why movies like this get to me when I can happily play GTA III for hours clubbing people to death with baseball bats flamethroweres and having sex with and then killing prostitutes with my bare hands.

:shrug:

Sam L
Oct 22nd, 2003, 04:07 AM
I didn't like this movie at all. The only good things were:

1. Uma Thurman's performance.
2. Some wonderful Art Direction and Costume Design (particularly "House of Blue Leaves" and Lucy Liu's traditional Japanese outfit, respectively).
3. Waaay Cool Soundtrack particularly the track "Battle without honor or humanity".

The rest was garbage.

decemberlove
Oct 22nd, 2003, 06:26 AM
i thought it was hot as fuck.
if you didnt liek it, you prolly didnt get it.

the fight tween uma and chiaki was amazing. chiaki is so wicked as go-go...
http://www.kill-bill.com/images/gallery/gogoyubari_03.jpg

Sam L
Oct 22nd, 2003, 06:52 AM
It's too violent for my taste, dl. Granted Cold Mountain will have some violence but it's a depiction of war and real life events. This kind of violence is unnecessary, imo.

decemberlove
Oct 22nd, 2003, 06:59 AM
thats what i figured.

you dont like kung-fu movies either, do you?
youd hafta like kung-fu movies or have a twisted sense of humor to like kill bill :)

i dont think its unnecessary violence thou... i mean, its just a movie.

DunkMachine
Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:33 PM
Sam? Unnecessary violence? It's a movie about ritual combat and honorable vengeance. Seems like you missed the whole boat on thisone. Or maybe you've been blinded by all the blood and severed limbs.
Look at it this way: Woman gets ass whooped by 6 baddies and they kill her unborn baby in the process. Someone has to die.

I've seen the movie and it was pretty good. Haven't seen that kind of quality in fightsequences since "Legend of the Drunken Master" by Jacky Chan. Can't wait for part 2.

DunkMachine
Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:34 PM
http://www.kill-bill.com/images/gallery/gogoyubari_03.jpg
She's cute as f*ck. :hearts:

Kanji
Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:49 PM
I agree with DecemberLove and DunkMachine. I found that movie amazing, I would see it again anytime and I am really looking forward for the DVD and the second part...

P.-S. I am a big Japanese animation fan and a fan of Japan in general. Those who saw the movie can understand a part of my amazement. ;)

Fantastic
Oct 22nd, 2003, 01:53 PM
I saw the movie yesterday and I liked it. But the major flaw with the movie, for me personally, was that I didn't sympathize enough with Uma Thurman's character.

I fully understood her back story and all the shit that she went through, but I kept hoping that she'd get her ass kicked at many points in the movie. I don't think Tarantino spent enough time on her backstory and didn't successfully convey (to me, at least) why we are supposed to be on her side to the point that we should advocate her killing everyone.

The only time I was rooting for Uma was when Elle Driver was about to do euthanase her, and when the orderly brought along a friend to have sex with Uma's comatose body.

When Uma fought Vivica A. Fox, I was really hoping that Vivica was going to open a can of whoop-ass on Uma. And when Lucy Liu and Uma had their showdown, I was strongly rooting for Lucy to slice and dice Uma's ass. When Uma chopped off Sophie's arm, I found it reckless and felt overwhelming compassion for Sophie. I know each of these women screwed Uma over, but I couldn't help feeling sorrier for them than her. O-Ren's backstory was enough to have me on her side.

I love Uma in most of the movies she's been in and this was no exception, but I just couldn't sympathize with her character. There was just something wrong about an Amazonian White girl beating up on an Asian girl and a Black girl.

It'll be different when the Amazonian White girl goes up against another Amazonian White girl (Darryl Hannah).

Otherwise, I liked the movie. Looking forward to Uma against Elle. If O-Ren was a tough bitch and Gogo was insane, what must Elle Driver be like? "Kill Bill" gets two groovy thumbs up! :)

decemberlove
Oct 22nd, 2003, 02:16 PM
I love Uma in most of the movies she's been in and this was no exception, but I just couldn't sympathize with her character. There was just something wrong about an Amazonian White girl beating up on an Asian girl and a Black girl.

It'll be different when the Amazonian White girl goes up against another Amazonian White girl (Darryl Hannah).

what? why try making it a racial issue? should white people only kill white people, and asian people only kill asian people, and black people only kill black people, etc, in movies? will that make it "more right" for you?

the bride was PREGNANT, left the squad to get married and have a child, and they beat the shit out of her and put a bullet in her head in an attempt to kill herr, killed her unborn child, her groom, and everyone else on her WEDDING DAY. hmmmm... i think thats the perfect set-up for a revenge story. but you couldnt sympathize cos shes white and she kills an asian girl and a black girl, right? thats just ridiculous

Shedevil
Oct 22nd, 2003, 02:45 PM
lmao! :lol: no way, my best friend wants to see the movie so badly...I don't, can't stand the actress :p

Fantastic
Oct 22nd, 2003, 03:27 PM
what? why try making it a racial issue? should white people only kill white people, and asian people only kill asian people, and black people only kill black people, etc, in movies? will that make it "more right" for you?

the bride was PREGNANT, left the squad to get married and have a child, and they beat the shit out of her and put a bullet in her head in an attempt to kill herr, killed her unborn child, her groom, and everyone else on her WEDDING DAY. hmmmm... i think thats the perfect set-up for a revenge story. but you couldnt sympathize cos shes white and she kills an asian girl and a black girl, right? thats just ridiculous

Race wasn't the overwhelming factor as to why I didn't sympathize enough with Uma's character. Or that everyone should. The fact that Lucy and Vivica were Asian and Black was just a physical thing that dawned on me as I was writing my post. Nowhere did I say anything about people of the same race only being allowed to kill each other in movies. Those were your words. Now that I think about it, the Amazonian White girl beating up on the Asian girl and the Black girl reads like a provocative analogy of the peacekeeping of crime in Western society - big brother is always white.

I also stated that I felt Tarantino didn't give us more of "The Bride's" backstory (like the great job he did for O-Ren Onishii) and that perhaps if he did, I'd feel she was doing it for more than a simple act of revenge. "The Bride's" backstory had to have run deeper than the wedding, the pregnancy and her attempted murder. They're all murderers. What makes her so special that she didn't deserve to have her own life shortened? These things were never answered.

From what I gather without her full backstory, "The Bride" is no better than the people she's getting her revenge on. She WAS one of them after all. And she still IS. That is MY main reason for not being able to sympathize with her. What ever happened to her at the start goes out the window because she's not really a victim anymore. She is empowered by her ability to kill and the fact that she's killing. She is just another murderer out on a revenge slaying.

How often does someone sympathize with murderers in movies? It doesn't change the fact it was a good movie but my criticism is directed towards that part of it. The movie is not black and white (ooh, double meaning, right? Ooh, kill me.) and neither are Tarantino's movies whether consciously or subconsciously on his part.

Poe
Oct 22nd, 2003, 03:37 PM
Maybe you're not supposed to sympathize with her. It's true they were all assassins, and killing her unborn child (at least she thinks it was killed and that's all that matters) and shooting her in the head is enough reason for some insane revenge on her part. THat doesn't mean you're supposed to be feeling "oh poor uma" while she's chopping people's limbs off. She's crazy with rage and I dont think Quentin was necessarily trying to make audiences feel like the targets of her revenge deserved it. Maybe I'm wrong but it's just another way of looking at it. It's a story about assassins and one's just more pissed off than the rest. There doesn't always have to be a "good guy" or "hero" in every film.

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 22nd, 2003, 03:41 PM
Saw it...Loved it...:hearts:

Darkheart
Oct 24th, 2003, 03:41 AM
My thread has found its second wind. :lol:

I like the film a lot, as I've mentioned in another thread. It had a strange addictive quality about it, because of all the references to other films. It's like you're watching 30 movies in one.

I too did not sympathize with The Bride that much. Her back-story wasn't explored and the wedding scene was just a snippet of the whole wedding segment (which will be in Volume 2).

Anyway, I've studied the trailers and pictures and read the draft script, and I know about some of the segments of Volume 2. It will have more dialog and there will be a b*tchfight. ;)

switz
Oct 24th, 2003, 04:05 AM
i saw it last night. i thought the plot did get a little buried in the violence, but overall i would say i enjoyed it. the music was definitely something special. very good acting as well. i can't be bothered giving my in depth analysis.

Sam L
Oct 24th, 2003, 04:18 AM
thats what i figured.

you dont like kung-fu movies either, do you?
youd hafta like kung-fu movies or have a twisted sense of humor to like kill bill :)

i dont think its unnecessary violence thou... i mean, its just a movie.
I hate kung fu. I hate all Asian martial arts movies. Except Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and that was because it was set in medievel China and had huge elements of fantasy to it. And not to mention romance. I see CTHD as more of a poetic romance movie than an action martial arts movie.

Anyway, yes the violence was unnecesarry. What some kids want to play with knives because of this film? Uma putting a knife through that black girl's chest may look "cool" on screen but it sure isn't in real life.

DunkMachine
Oct 24th, 2003, 07:10 AM
Sam L, you're a little bitch aren't you. WEEEEEEE it was too excessive WEEEEEEEE. Sure after all that happened to her she should just call it bad luck and move on right?

Kart
Oct 24th, 2003, 12:31 PM
I don't get Tarantino he makes references to Bruce Lee's Game of Death yet co-stars a man who "stole" Bruce Lee's tv series 'Kung Fu'.

I saw this film yesterday and though I didn't pick up on those references (probably because I saw Game of Death when I was about ten) I found myself strangely reminded of that film.

I enjoyed the film but I can understand how some could not have coped with the violence / not found the martial arts appealing. It would have been nice if the fight between her and Lucy Liu could have lasted a bit longer - after all that build up it was a bit of an anticlimax :o, maybe they'd overrun their red paint budget by then ;).

Looking forward to the next part.

Poe
Oct 24th, 2003, 01:58 PM
It would have been nice if the fight between her and Lucy Liu could have lasted a bit longer - after all that build up it was a bit of an anticlimax :o, maybe they'd overrun their red paint budget by then ;).

I agree. I was also expecting this really awesome fight between them after all that build up and I was a bit disapointed with it. Lucy's bodyguard gave Uma a better fight than she did.

But over all i thought it was a great film.

Rocketta
Oct 24th, 2003, 02:55 PM
I enjoyed it. True the blood spurting all over the place did get redundant. Oh and I wasn't rooting too much for Uma either. I don't know if it was because her backstory wasn't explored enough or the fact that I just do not like Uma Thurman. :(

apoet29
Oct 24th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Honestly, it was far too gory for me. Even the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was that gory. I thought the tremendous violence was unnecessary, but I have to take into consideration that the type of people in Tarantino's movies are not people you would want to be friends with anyway.

Still, I thought it was a uniquely creative film, although nothing Tarantino ever does now will top his achievement with Pulp Fiction.

Bezz
Oct 24th, 2003, 05:26 PM
I thought the movie was great, the music and long stares between the differnt characters added loads to the movie. I think all of the characters had a sad story to tell , so i dont think tarantino wanted everybody to just feel sorry for Uma. Lucy luis character had a terrible childhood, and vivica fox being killed near enough in front of her child was horrible aswell. So all had a certain element of sympathy.

I thought it was wierd that thy kept bleeping out Uma's name when she said it, i think it was beatrix :-), or something similiar.

Over all i give it an "A"

dubro
Oct 24th, 2003, 06:07 PM
i cant wait to see it...
in italia, some media says is very good, some other syas is crap..., so i dunno what to expect..better: i have no prjudice about it ;)

anyway, i loved tarantino's pulp in the last movies...i think theres a lot of violence, but if u can see the grothesque side of it, the movies are funny!:D really amazing

i hope to ehjoy it soon, uma, lucy and jap stuff make me crazy...

bye !!!

p.s. kanji, jap animation rulz!!!

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 27th, 2003, 04:59 PM
omg i LOVED kill bill - so much that i wanna see it again in the theaters :D

:bounce:

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 27th, 2003, 05:07 PM
oh and btw Dark - how come i'm not surprised that you started this thread huh.... ;) :devil:

the soundtrack is :worship:
Flower of Carnage is a :hearts: song and The Lonely Sheaperd is sooooooooooo beautiful *sigh*

adss
Oct 27th, 2003, 08:52 PM
i loved it! the soundtrack is perfect, i hope tarantino gets nominated for a directing oscar
i'm going to buy the soundtrack
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drg000/g055/g05546panv0.jpg

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 27th, 2003, 09:33 PM
*listening to it*

it's crazy - the movie is probably one of the most violent movie ever, but the soundtrack is just BEAUTIFUL.

i need to see Resevoirs Dogs - just to complete the Tarantino collection ;)

Rocketta
Oct 27th, 2003, 09:36 PM
i loved it! the soundtrack is perfect, i hope tarantino gets nominated for a directing oscar
i'm going to buy the soundtrack
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drg000/g055/g05546panv0.jpg

What was the name of the first song that starts the movie out? It was really nice. I want to dow...eh...buy it. ;)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 27th, 2003, 09:37 PM
it's called Bang Bang, by nancy sinatra :)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 27th, 2003, 09:38 PM
you should dow... erm buy the cd asap :D

Rocketta
Oct 27th, 2003, 09:40 PM
it's called Bang Bang, by nancy sinatra :)

omg, I liked a Nancy Sinatra song???? :scared:

;)

Rocketta
Oct 27th, 2003, 09:41 PM
you should dow... erm buy the cd asap :D

:lol:

no I would only down.....er...buy individual songs.

I stay above board for entire albums....;)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 27th, 2003, 09:46 PM
:bigwave:

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 27th, 2003, 09:48 PM
Question.... when will volume 2 hit the theaters?

*listening to Woo Hoo* the very talented japanese girls... ;)

Rocketta
Oct 27th, 2003, 09:49 PM
I read February 20, 2004.

adss
Oct 27th, 2003, 11:04 PM
my favourite part: "wiggle your big toe"

Rocketta
Oct 27th, 2003, 11:59 PM
my favourite part: "wiggle your big toe"

ok, that was my main gripe about the movie. Not that she did the wiggle your toe or that she gained mobility without months of therapy but that the police didn't check the victim's car for hours allowing her the time to do the "wiggle your big toe" bit. :)

decemberlove
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:11 AM
yes joy, i was impressed with his work.

way to welcome me back home :sad:

adss
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:23 AM
ok, that was my main gripe about the movie. Not that she did the wiggle your toe or that she gained mobility without months of therapy but that the police didn't check the victim's car for hours allowing her the time to do the "wiggle your big toe" bit. :)

but it was great after the anime scene "first things first...wiggle your big toe...hard part's over now let's get these other piggies wiggling" :lol:

Rocketta
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:29 AM
but it was great after the anime scene "first things first...wiggle your big toe...hard part's over now let's get these other piggies wiggling" :lol:

;)

Rocketta
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:30 AM
do you guys know The RZA from Wu-Tang Clan did the movie score or something? I read an interview about it and also his name is in the credits- thats cool because i was not expecting the music to be like it was because i read RZA did it.

well Joy, that just can not be true! Haven't you heard those commercial rappers have zero talent and are bringing forth the destruction of the world. :)

decemberlove
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:33 AM
hahaha- i'm way ahead of you in YOUR own thread, patience dahling :kiss: where are my bikini shots *should take this to other thread* :D ;)

no bikini pics.

but i do have a pic of me in a schoolgirl type outfit with lots of cleavage :p

decemberlove
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:38 AM
well Joy, that just can not be true! Haven't you heard those commercial rappers have zero talent and are bringing forth the destruction of the world. :)

i wouldnt call RZA commercial exactly. boy been around forever.

Rocketta
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:39 AM
i wouldnt call RZA commercial exactly. boy been around forever.

:lol: I was referring to the Wu-Tang Clan as a whole. ;)

decemberlove
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:43 AM
:lol: I was referring to the Wu-Tang Clan as a whole. ;)

lmao. oh :)

yeah, well wu as a whole has kinda fallen off a bit.

Rocketta
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:43 AM
LOL- touche :D

hey I like the Wu- Meth is my man...I'm just taking the piss trolling hip-hop along with Key Boi. Although, my general census really is that most of todays shit, oops i meant stuff ;) is not tolerable for MOI :wavey:

:lol: I'm just picking cause u were trolling! I agree with that sentimate that most of the current hits stink. :)

Although I do like Luda's Stand Up....:D

Rocketta
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:44 AM
lmao. oh :)

yeah, well wu as a whole has kinda fallen off a bit.

Don't they all eventually? ;)

decemberlove
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:47 AM
yes true but they are bad as a group, yet some of them individually can survive

i always thought they were overrated anyway.
i like rza, meth, and odb [or dirt mcgee or wtf he calls himself now]

Darkheart
Oct 28th, 2003, 03:45 AM
oh and btw Dark - how come i'm not surprised that you started this thread huh.... ;) :devil:
Look who finally came into the thread. :devil:

Monique
Oct 28th, 2003, 04:19 AM
I just saw the movie for the second time, and I can say that I enjoyed every little bit as much as the first time I watched it :) ... few considerations:

- Uma Thurman's character and motives were not fully developped but should be an important part of Volume II;

- Lucy Liu is amazingly beautiful, and a single close-up of her face and eyes makes the "exotic" looking Uma look bland;

- Like the sequence in "The Matrix Reloaded" where Neo fights dozens of Agents Smith, the fight in the restaurant between Uma and the whole yazuka gang was a little bit over the top and tiresome. Tarantino probably knew about this and tried to make the subsequent fight between Uma and Lucy more subdued and artistic. Considering the supposed fighting skills of the ladies involved, they rather looked clumsy and slow. The scene though was strikingly beautiful, the softness of the snowed Japanese garden muffled the exposed violence. When Uma slashes Lucy Liu's shin and the absolute red blood flows slowly against the backdrop of the white kimono and snow, that was poetry in frames...

- The fight between Uma and GoGo was certainly the climax of the movie, very well choreographed and creative... GoGo's face and expressions are visually magnetic, full of both innocence and evil, and she makes a credible and creepy assassin;

- Tarantino is just a genius when it comes to adding the right soundtrack to the fitting scene, first seen in the amazing Pulp Fiction and continued with Kill Bill. The movie lacks a little of depth and plot development, but those flaws are supposedly due to Kill Bill being a half of a project. It is also a self-conscious movie, one that plays for its coolness for itself and also as an idle exercise of talent, since the beginning of the credits in technicolor and risqué sound to the weapon of choice, a cool and intelectual samurai sword. It is gore but in the end, surprisingly light entertainment, that asks the expectators to forget about plot holes and incongruenties (such as a major absence of firearms and police) in exchange to leading them through a rich trip.

jenny161185
Oct 29th, 2003, 06:07 PM
saw it last night - I thought it was brilliant wonder whats going to happen iwth her daughter and bill in number 2 -cant wait till she kicks daryl hannahs ass - didnt like her in the first one - loved when the guy got on top of her for sex - GO UMA!

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 29th, 2003, 09:17 PM
*sigh*
i hope that great movies in the future wont come in several volumes..... is that a "trend" or what?? lord of the rings.... matrix... blah.... i hate waiting :(

Rocketta
Oct 29th, 2003, 09:19 PM
*sigh*
i hope that great movies in the future wont come in several volumes..... is that a "trend" or what?? lord of the rings.... matrix... blah.... i hate waiting :(

Me too ! Just another way to scame $20 off of us. :mad: