PDA

View Full Version : Did Kobe REALLY do what this lady claims?

Pureracket
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:53 PM
Detective: Bryant attacked woman from behind

By TIM DAHLBERG, AP Sports Writer
October 9, 2003

AP - Oct 9, 3:08 pm EDT
More Photos

EAGLE, Colo. (AP) -- The woman who accused Kobe Bryant of rape told police a flirtatious encounter quickly turned ugly when he grabbed her by the neck, bent her over a chair and attacked her from behind, repeatedly asking, ``You're not going to tell anyone, right?''

The 19-year-old woman was raped after agreeing to go to Bryant's suite at the resort where she worked, Eagle County Sheriff's Detective Doug Winters testified Thursday at a preliminary hearing to determine whether Bryant will stand trial.

Winters described in graphic detail for a packed courtroom how the woman said she excitedly met the Los Angeles Lakers' star in the lobby but left the hotel in tears after a vicious attack.

It began with a tour of the resort on June 30 that led to some flirting. She went back to Bryant's room and showed him a tattoo on her back, then turned down his request to join him in the hot tub, Winters said.

Her shift at the front desk was ending and she wanted to go home, he said. ``She stated she was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable.''

She stood up to leave and Bryant gave her a hug that led to some consensual kissing, Winters said.

When she turned around to go, Bryant grabbed her by the neck from behind, pulled up her skirt and raped her against a chair, Winters said. She told investigators she told Bryant ``no'' at least twice, before bursting into tears as the five-minute attack went on.

ADVERTISEMENT

During and after the rape, he said, Bryant kept asking, ``You're are not going to tell anyone, right?'' She said she agreed at one point.

``She didn't want him to commit more physical harm to her,'' Winters said.

The woman said that Bryant forced her to kiss his penis after the attack, Winters testified. He said a nurse who examined the woman later at a hospital found injuries consistent with a sexual assault.

The prosecution presented photographs showing injuries to the victim, including one of a bruise on her jaw.

Defense attorney Pamela Mackey suggested Winters had no idea when the bruise occurred. He said a nurse told him it came during the attack.

As the detective testified, the 25-year-old Bryant stared at him stone-faced, occasionally clenching his jaw. He faces up to life in prison if convicted of a felony charge of sexual assault.

Legal experts had expected the defense to waive the hearing and head straight to trial rather than allow prosecutors to lay out their case publicly for the first time.

``The only reason the defense would choose to go ahead with a preliminary hearing when it doesn't have to is it believes -- given the minimal amount of evidence the prosecution is going to be putting on -- it may gain more by cross-examining those witnesses,'' said Stan Goldman, a professor at the Loyola Law School in Los Angeles.

AP - Oct 9, 2:56 pm EDT
More Photos

He suggested the defense may call witnesses to testify, a list that could include Bryant himself.

Judge Frederick Gannett, who said he would not rule Thursday on whether to proceed to trial, rejected defense requests to have the woman testify and to see her medical records. He also issued a gag order in the high-profile case.

The hearing began as hundreds of reporters and a handful of spectators gathered outside the courthouse to catch a glimpse of Bryant.

He arrived with his lawyers amid tight security in a caravan of three SUVs and said nothing to the crowd. He had to take off a necklace and was checked with metal detectors before walking into the courtroom.

Gannett had ordered Bryant to appear for a bond hearing even if the preliminary hearing was waived. He left the Hawaii training camp of the Los Angeles Lakers on Wednesday.

Bryant, free on $25,000 bond, was in Colorado in June to have knee surgery.

He has the right to go to trial within six months, but he could agree to push that back until later, perhaps after the NBA season ends early next summer.

Rocketta
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:54 PM
Sounds ugly! :(

Pureracket
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:05 AM
Really. It really does.

Serendy Willick
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:06 AM
Just before Sportscenter went off, they claimed that the parties were in the chambers because Pamela Mackey let out a bombshell about the woman possibly being with three different men in three different days.

Rocketta
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:06 AM
Really. It really does.

It does and if she had to have some stitches......Look out! :eek:

Rocketta
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:07 AM
Just before Sportscenter went off, they claimed that the parties were in the chambers because Pamela Mackey let out a bombshell about the woman possibly being with three different men in three different days.

how would that change anything? Unless they are saying she had sex with Kobe, then ran and had sex with another man and asked him to bruise her, then ran to the doctor?

lizchris
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:10 AM
From what I read, it sounds ugly, but the defense had to have something up its sleve to go ahead with this hearing, knowing that this negative information was going to come out.

Pureracket
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:11 AM
How could the defense have known that this information would have come out if Kobe did not do it?

Serendy Willick
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:13 AM
how would that change anything? Unless they are saying she had sex with Kobe, then ran and had sex with another man and asked him to bruise her, then ran to the doctor?

Because if she had sex with anyone else before or after that puts into question whether or not the injuries were put on by Kobe. Plus it does not help that this chick did not go to the hospital straight after, yet waited a day afterwards, plus she went back down to the bell room and continued her shift. Another thing,this chick claimed she didnt even know who Kobe Bryant was intially, now she claims that she was "excited" :rolleyes: that a star was in the hotel.

King Satan
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:13 AM
From what I read, it sounds ugly, but the defense had to have something up its sleve to go ahead with this hearing, knowing that this negative information was going to come out.
exactly!

I still find this so hard to believe. i guess it's cos i've always followed the lakers really really closely.....it's just hard to believe kobe would do this.

Pureracket
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:15 AM
Because if she had sex with anyone else before or after that puts into question whether or not the injuries were put on by Kobe. Plus it does not help that this chick did not go to the hospital straight after, yet waited a day afterwards, plus she went back down to the bell room and continued her shift. Another thing,this chick claimed she didnt even know who Kobe Bryant was intially, now she claims that she was "excited" :rolleyes: that a star was in the hotel.

Serendy,
I am PRAYING that Kobe did not do this, but many women wait until until a few days later before reporting rape.

lizchris
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:16 AM
How could the defense have known that this information would have come out if Kobe did not do it?

Becauae in a preliminary hearing, the prosecution lays out the evicence. This evidence has to be shared with the defense and the defense has to share their information with the prosecution, but I don't know if the prosecution knew that the accuser possibly had sex with other people.

Serendy Willick
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:17 AM

Exactly,

Pamela Mackey and her team are very very good lawyers and investigators. They knew all of this was gonna come out during this hearing, but yet still chose to proceed with it. They are not stupid. Everyone is shocked that this hearing is going on, considering that they were not gonna be able to cross examine the accuser nor see her medical records.

Serendy Willick
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:21 AM
Serendy,
I am PRAYING that Kobe did not do this, but many women wait until until a few days later before reporting rape.

But you how many law enforcement officers have said to report as soon as possible to get the best possible evidence? The fact that she went to her parents, the defense could argue was nothing but a using time to concoct up a sob story.

lizchris
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:24 AM
Exactly,

Pamela Mackey and her team are very very good lawyers and investigators. They knew all of this was gonna come out during this hearing, but yet still chose to proceed with it. They are not stupid. Everyone is shocked that this hearing is going on, considering that they were not gonna be able to cross examine the accuser nor see her medical records.

Pamela Mackey is considered one of the best defense attorneys in Colorado and I can see why if the bomb she dropped late this afternoon is true. BTW, if this information is true, the prosecution's case is more of a mess than I thought it was.

Serendy Willick, you brougt out a good point that no one else brought out. She and her friends first said she didn't know who Kobe Bryant was, but I am watching the O'Reilly Factor now and she knew beforehand that Kobe was going to stay at her hotel. Not only that, she is now crying rape, but first she said that the sex was consentual.

She is as big of a liar as Kobe is.

Pureracket
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:24 AM
Serendy,
Oftentimes women are waaaay too traumatized to endure any kind of questioning after a rape.

Pureracket
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:26 AM
Well, if this woman has a trick up her sleeves, I hope Kobe can just pay her off so that the whole thing can be over.

Serendy Willick
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:30 AM
Serendy,
Oftentimes women are waaaay too traumatized to endure any kind of questioning after a rape.

I understand that Pureracket, but that is what the defense is gonna come after her with. Why did she even think about finishing the shift before considering going to the police? Why did she lie about intially not knowing Bryant? Why did she wait a day later before going to the police (not to mention going to her parents)? I understand why she did (if traumatized,) but that is what the defense is gonna come after her with.

RYNJ
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:31 AM
I hope this women isnt making up any BS! I mean bruises can come from ANYONE who knows she could haver done it to herself after having sex with Kobe... remember she attemted suicideTWICE so hurting herself is nothing new to her....

Pureracket
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:33 AM
serendy,
Those are actually good questions. I imagine that I would ask those same questions too. I guess that I'm just kinda freaked out about this. It's weird because I NEVER root for Kobe on court, but I am pulling for this cat hard right now, though.

Pureracket
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:34 AM
RYNJ,
womAn(I'm soooooo sorry, but that taps into my anal tendencies).

RYNJ
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:37 AM
sorry havent been in school for 3 weeks on vacation... haha

Serendy Willick
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:41 AM
Heres another thing to think about. This woman claims that he had her over a chair with both hands to her neck. She then claims that he took one hand off of her neck to pull her underware down. Why didnt she just take the other hand off of her neck and try to get away that way? When he was screwing her he had both hands on her neck but yet she just simply "took" both hands off and got away as simple as that? but she couldnt do the same when his other hand was obviously tied up?

Pureracket
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:42 AM
RYNJ,
No problem. I just shake all over whenever I see that mistake which is weird because my spelling is not the best at all . . .. LOL.

Pureracket
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:44 AM
Heres another thing to think about. This woman claims that he had her over a chair with both hands to her neck. She then claims that he took one hand off of her neck to pull her underware down. Why didnt she just take the other hand off of her neck and try to get away that way? When he was screwing her he had both hands on her neck but yet she just simply "took" both hands off and got away as simple as that? but she couldnt do the same when his other hand was obviously tied up?

Serendy,
Kobe is HUGE compared to her. If she would have attempted to get away, she could have been thinking that Kobe would only catch her and hurt her more. (OmyGoodness, I've become the prosecution :eek: )

Serendy Willick
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:48 AM
Serendy,
Kobe is HUGE compared to her. If she would have attempted to get away, she could have been thinking that Kobe would only catch her and hurt her more. (OmyGoodness, I've become the prosecution :eek: )

Sorry, but I have this fight or flight type of personality. If she would've gotten away for a second, she could've yelled help at the top of her lungs or something. She would've had less trouble getting away from him when he was trying to pull her pants down instead of when he had both hands around her neck. The detective is making it look like she just took his hands off like that.

Pureracket
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:55 AM
Serendy,
When a person is horrified, oftentimes rational judgement becomes a myth.

Serendy Willick
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:59 AM
Serendy,
When a person is horrified, oftentimes rational judgement becomes a myth.

Yes,
But this irrational judgement could make or break her case. Its like with Yetunde Prices death, many morons want to cheapen it by asking what was she doing in a rough neighboohood at 12 at night :rolleyes:

Pureracket
Oct 10th, 2003, 01:01 AM
Well, I guess the defense does have a job. If I were on the jury, I probably would look more @ her mental state than anything else, though.

Her being there and flirting with Kobe makes her as guilty as Yetunde Price was to me.

Knizzle
Oct 10th, 2003, 01:14 AM
Serendy,

Yes, but she was at her place of employment so it's not like Kobe would have murdered her, it's hard enough for me to believe he raped her. We don't necessarily know how big the girl is because no one has seen her right??

RYNJ
Oct 10th, 2003, 02:32 AM
also with this neck thing, they found NO fingerprints on the woman. Also the vaginal bleeding you dont have to raped to get that..

Serendy Willick
Oct 10th, 2003, 02:41 AM
also with this neck thing, they found NO fingerprints on the woman. Also the vaginal bleeding you dont have to raped to get that..

Thats what a caller on Larry King Live said. Great Point. Stupid ass Nancy Grace kept hammering that home like its the smoking gun :rolleyes: Purely consentual sex can produce vaginal bleeding.

King Satan
Oct 10th, 2003, 02:47 AM
someone should change the title of this thread. that girl is no lady.

lizchris
Oct 10th, 2003, 02:52 AM
Thats what a caller on Larry King Live said. Great Point. Stupid ass Nancy Grace kept hammering that home like its the smoking gun :rolleyes: Purely consentual sex can produce vaginal bleeding.

Nancy Grace thinks anyone with a penis is guilty of something.

ally baker
Oct 10th, 2003, 02:57 AM
Even if this girl is lying...

Kobe still really fucked up here... I don't feel sorry for him in the slightest.

I don't know why the only word his gorgeous wife isn't saying is "half".

lizchris
Oct 10th, 2003, 03:19 AM
I don't feel sorry for Kobe either because he shouldn't have been with this woman since he is married (though I knew his marriage was in trouble). However, this accuser is going to have problems with this case even with all the evidence and that is because there are so many inconsistencies with her story that is is going to be hard to prove this case beyond a reasonable doubt and you can blame this on her big mouth friends who have been telling 100 different versions of how this alleged rape occured.

Rocketta
Oct 10th, 2003, 03:29 AM
I keep seeing you post what the girl said. she hasn't said anything. Where did you hear this girl say all these things? I think all of you are convinced Kobe is innocent and have been from day one so frankly you are not looking at the evidence objectively. You're not trying to see both sides or see if anything is possible.

To say what a girl should've done is mute because she's not you and you were not in the situation. Can we get to the trial and see the evidence presented and then cross-examined before we are certain of who is guilty/innoncent or who is telling the truth/lying?

Rocketta
Oct 10th, 2003, 03:52 AM
I'm sorry but reading this article makes it seem like Kobe's lawyer was pulling cheap theatrics and not presenting evidence....:rolleyes:

I want him to get off cause he's innocent not because his lawyer is better at games then the prosecution...:sad:

Detective Describes Alleged Rape by Kobe Bryant
19 minutes ago Add Top Stories - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Judith Crosson and Ellen Miller

EAGLE, Colo. (Reuters) - A Colorado woman told police that Kobe Bryant (news) grabbed her around the neck, bent her face-first over a chair and raped her as she wept and tried to make him stop, a sheriff's detective testified during a preliminary hearing in the case on Thursday.

Reuters Photo

AP Photo
Slideshow: Kobe Bryant

"She stated she felt pain, she was hurting," Eagle County Sheriff's Detective Doug Winters said of the 19-year-old woman in the first public account of the case against the basketball star, who has strongly denied the charges.

But an attorney for Bryant cross-examined Winters aggressively, suggesting that injuries to the alleged victim were the result of her having "sex with three men in three days" -- prompting the judge to halt the proceedings and summon lawyers into his chambers for a meeting.

Bryant is charged with raping the hotel concierge and college student on June 30 at a posh hotel near Vail. Thursday's hearing was to determine if he must stand trial sometime next year.

He has pleaded innocent but admitted having sex with the woman in what he said was a consensual encounter.

She will not be required to testify during the preliminary hearing, despite a request by Bryant's attorneys, but will have to take the witness stand if the case proceeds to trial. Many legal experts had expected defense lawyers to waive the hearing to spare Bryant a public airing of the woman's account.

Winters, who interviewed the alleged victim twice on the day after the alleged attack, said she gave Bryant a tour of the hotel after he asked her in a "secretive" manner. The two returned to Bryant's room and chatted, Winters said, and the conversation turned to her tattoo.

Winters initially testified that the woman lifted her dress to show Bryant a tattoo on her back, but later clarified that the tattoo was on her ankle.

'BOTH HANDS AROUND HER NECK'

Winters said Bryant and the woman then kissed for about five minutes, according to her account, before Bryant tried to reach under her skirt and rub her genitals and she tried to leave. She told police that each time she tried to leave the hotel room, Bryant blocked her.

"She stated that's when he grabbed her by the neck," Winters said. "He grabbed her with both hands around her neck, she was afraid he would choke her ... She's scared at this point."

Winters said that according to the woman, Bryant turned her around and forced her over to some chairs, still gripping her around the neck.

"She stated that once he bent her over the chairs he let go with one hand and pulled her panties down," Winters said. "She stated that after he pulled her panties down he proceeded to have sexual intercourse with her."

The woman told police that she cried during the duration of the sexual intercourse, which lasted for about five minutes. She said she also tried to pry Bryant's hands from her neck and told him "no" several times.

When it was over Bryant allowed her to turn around and asked her not to tell anyone about what had happened, Winters said, adding that said she agreed because "she feared he'd commit more physical violence" otherwise.

Bryant then told the woman to go into the bathroom and clean up, Winters said, and reminded her again not to tell anyone about what had happened.

On cross-examination, attorney Pamela Mackey questioned Winters on differences in the account given by the alleged victim to him and to a nurse who administered a "rape kit" on the day after the attack.

During a discussion of apparent injuries to the woman's vaginal area that prosecutors say were consistent with rape, Mackey asked Winters if he and the nurse had considered other possibilities.

Pictures of the injuries and a bruise on the woman's jaw were shown in court.

"Did you ask (the nurse) if this was consistent with sex with three different men in three days?" Mackey asked.

That question prompted the judge to stop the hearing and call prosecutors and defense attorneys into his chambers. He had earlier admonished Mackey for using the alleged victim's full name in open court.

The hearing was recessed during cross-examination of Winters and scheduled to resume on Oct. 15.

starr
Oct 10th, 2003, 05:02 AM
People in this thread seem to have their minds made up already without even hearing the evidence.

The lawyer "accidentally" used the victim's name six times during the hearing. When the judge warned her, she said she would write herself a "big note" to remind herself. The judge retorted, "or I could get a big muzzle for you."

He probably went ballistic when the lawyer began talking about multiple sex partners. I would have loved to have been in chambers to hear what went on there.

Crazy Canuck
Oct 10th, 2003, 06:21 AM
Serendy,

Many don't even report it at all.

Crazy Canuck
Oct 10th, 2003, 06:32 AM
People in this thread seem to have their minds made up already without even hearing the evidence.

They do, and it makes for an irritating read. It's one thing to hope that he didn't do it, and another thing entirely to compile what little information has been given about the girl and use it to attept to prove his innocence. It's really, extremely pathetic!

We all have idols... I like to think that most of us are able to separate the image from the reality and realize that they are human too. It's very very childlike the way that some posters here who are supposed to be grown adults are treating this entire incident. So some of you adore Kobe - he might be guilty or innocent. Nobody will ever truly know except for the two people who were in that room that night. The closest we'll ever get to knowing is the final verdict. Sitting around on a messageboard and insulting a possible rape victim isn't going to make a flipping difference. It's beyond your control. Deal with it.

Crazy Canuck
Oct 10th, 2003, 06:34 AM

No, but it can be caused as a result of rape, which is more than likely why it would have been submitted as evidence. If vaginal bleeding was the sole piece of evidence in this case, they wouldn't be there. But hey, keep making yourself feel beter. *pats RYNJ on the back and smiles sympathetically*

(for the record, I neither know nor really care whether or not he did it. I have no opinion on the case, given what little evidence I've heard about it. Frankly, I'm more concerned with whether or not I will be on time for class tomorrow than I am with this case. I'm only reading this to kill time when I should be reading Personality theories)

Crazy Canuck
Oct 10th, 2003, 06:37 AM
I hope this women isnt making up any BS! I mean bruises can come from ANYONE who knows she could haver done it to herself after having sex with Kobe... remember she attemted suicideTWICE so hurting herself is nothing new to her....

Yes, and everybody knows that people who attempt suicide are also known to falsly accuse people of raping them not long after they fail. It's a psychological fact, dontcha know? Oh yeah, I've been reading about it for the last day, studying up for my test on "psych for people who don't know what the fuck they are talking about". You ought to check that out.

DunkMachine
Oct 10th, 2003, 07:54 AM
Crazy Canuck please chill the fuck out. What's wrong with trying to defend Kobe a little bit.
You know what's irritating, your attempts at witty sarcasm.

Ok back on topic. Let me get a bit technical here. I'm no sexual assault expert, but doesn't five minutes seem long for unconsentual sex. The victims story suggests the following.
- The were attracted to eachother from the start
- Kobe was extremely aroused
- The rape was rough due to the injuries sustained
It took him five minutes so that would suggest that Kobe took his time. We all know guy really only needs a minute or 2 to bust a nut.
It's a bit contradicting if you ask me :scratch:

Still if Kobe is guilty if that rape he should rot in jail 4ever. On the other hand I also hate the idea that those accusations are fabricated.

Crazy Canuck
Oct 10th, 2003, 08:19 AM
Crazy Canuck please chill the fuck out. What's wrong with trying to defend Kobe a little bit.
You know what's irritating, your attempts at witty sarcasm.

You see.... this is what you - and most everybody else - fails to understand: my comments are meant for my humour, and my humour only. If other people find them funny, good for them. But your assumption that I'm "attempting" to do anything for other posters on here is quite incorrect. I'm self centered, me first, looking out for number one.... get it? Therefore there is no failed "attempt" - if I write something and laugh, end of story. The reactions that may or may not follow said comments are of little relevance to me. This is the internet, not a realistic social setting where I'm actually putting up some sort of front in order to impress people.

Ok back on topic. Let me get a bit technical here. I'm no sexual assault expert, but doesn't five minutes seem long for unconsentual sex.

You're right, you are no sexual assault expert. Neither am I, but I am positive that unconsentual sex can and has lasted more than 5 minutes before :rolleyes:.

Rape is about control, not about sexual pleasure, thus I fail to see why time would be a factor here. If there is a time limit that exits for something to be considered "unconsentual sex", I apparently missed that chapter.

The victims story suggests the following.
- The were attracted to eachother from the start
- Kobe was extremely aroused
- The rape was rough due to the injuries sustained

Has her official statement been released, or are you just regurgitating what has been reported in the media?

It took him five minutes so that would suggest that Kobe took his time. We all know guy really only needs a minute or 2 to bust a nut.
It's a bit contradicting if you ask me :scratch:

That suggests Kobe took his time? I thought that you were no expert on sexual assault? In which case, how can you assume that 5 minutes of unconsentual sex was Kobe's idea of "taking his time"? You've said that you know little of sexual assault, thus I would think you'd know better than to make folly suggestions like you have here... because a man can get off in a couple of minutes, then it does't make sense for a rape to last longer than that? What part of : Rape is not about sex, it's about control - is so hard to understand? :confused:

Still if Kobe is guilty if that rape he should rot in jail 4ever. On the other hand I also hate the idea that those accusations are fabricated.

To be honest, I don't care either way. Really... people are raped everyday, people fabricate stories everyday... bad things happen to everybody everywhere, and I don't give two shits if it's Joe Blow down the street or Kobe Bryant and some chick. It all means nothing to me. Although somewhere deep down I hope that if he didn't do it he gets off, and if he did that he serves his time... I'll never *really* know the truth of the case. Thus I'm not going to beat myself up over it and "pick a side" :)

gentenaire
Oct 10th, 2003, 08:57 AM
have to agree with CC, we don't know the particulars, we only hear contradicting stories in the press...what's new? It's not because the press reports don't make sense, that the same should be true for the victim's story.

So many stories are told about both the girl and Kobe, we don't know which ones are true and which ones aren't, so we can't base any accusations on them.

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:40 AM
Tine rules.... :kiss:

DunkMachine
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:08 PM
You see.... this is what you - and most everybody else - fails to understand: my comments are meant for my humour, and my humour only. If other people find them funny, good for them. But your assumption that I'm "attempting" to do anything for other posters on here is quite incorrect. I'm self centered, me first, looking out for number one.... get it? Therefore there is no failed "attempt" - if I write something and laugh, end of story. The reactions that may or may not follow said comments are of little relevance to me. This is the internet, not a realistic social setting where I'm actually putting up some sort of front in order to impress people.

You need to get laid.

You're right, you are no sexual assault expert. Neither am I, but I am positive that unconsentual sex can and has lasted more than 5 minutes before :rolleyes:.

You act like all rape circumstances are the same. In this case Bryant was staying at a hotel with little to do and far away from his wife. Is it hard to believe KB just wanted to get is freak on that night.

Rape is about control, not about sexual pleasure, thus I fail to see why time would be a factor here. If there is a time limit that exits for something to be considered "unconsentual sex", I apparently missed that chapter.

Has her official statement been released, or are you just regurgitating what has been reported in the media?

That suggests Kobe took his time? I thought that you were no expert on sexual assault? In which case, how can you assume that 5 minutes of unconsentual sex was Kobe's idea of "taking his time"? You've said that you know little of sexual assault, thus I would think you'd know better than to make folly suggestions like you have here... because a man can get off in a couple of minutes, then it does't make sense for a rape to last longer than that? What part of : Rape is not about sex, it's about control - is so hard to understand? :confused:

What the hell is you talking about. You think she's going to tell me personally? The facts I used were from a court testimony.

NEWFLASH sexual interaction allways incorporates somekind of control especially if one party tries to get away :retard: DUH. Either the man controls the pace or the woman does. That does not mean however that the initial motive is to control a particulair individual.

To be honest, I don't care either way. Really... people are raped everyday, people fabricate stories everyday... bad things happen to everybody everywhere, and I don't give two shits if it's Joe Blow down the street or Kobe Bryant and some chick. It all means nothing to me. Although somewhere deep down I hope that if he didn't do it he gets off, and if he did that he serves his time... I'll never *really* know the truth of the case. Thus I'm not going to beat myself up over it and "pick a side" :)
You don't care because it happens to complete strangers? That's rough. I'm not on anyones side here but I have a feeling that this woman is trying to get paid. This whole situation seems a bit out of character.

jenny161185
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:23 PM
anyone got any pis of kobe? Sorry I dunno what he looks like? thanks and im not sure who to believe?

gentenaire
Oct 10th, 2003, 01:40 PM
You act like all rape circumstances are the same. In this case Bryant was staying at a hotel with little to do and far away from his wife. Is it hard to believe KB just wanted to get is freak on that night.

Poor Kobe, just imagine the thought of doing without sex for one night! How he must have suffered.

CC
Oct 10th, 2003, 02:11 PM

I don't imagine it would be that simple. It makes sense that he would not just hold her with his hand, but also hold her up against the chair with his body too.

And even if it was just one hand, I still think it would have been difficult for her to get away. I remember one time my sister and I were trying to beat up our big brother, and he simply held BOTH of my wrists in ONE hand, and used the other hand to fend off my sister. We're talking about someone who's no more than 5'9/5'10. Kobe is much bigger than my brother.

DunkMachine
Oct 10th, 2003, 02:13 PM
Poor Kobe, just imagine the thought of doing without sex for one night! How he must have suffered.

The horror :yawn:

*JR*
Oct 10th, 2003, 04:32 PM
Well, if this woman has a trick up her sleeves,
HAS one, or IS one? :confused:

Ballbuster
Oct 10th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Silly broad, she got some good dick. I guess when she found out that the sperm wasn't in her vaginia and she was only used as the skank that she gave off, she got mad.

Tell yourself, would you have done it too.

1. Got fuck down by a very famous person worth over 100 million dollars and nothing to show for it other than a wet ass.

If I was her, (and didn't have a conscious) I'd say he raped me too. Take him to Civil Court and get paid.

Serendy Willick
Oct 10th, 2003, 08:55 PM
Get real. The Procescution has basically had its way presenting its side of the story for the longest. I am looking at this just fine objectively thank you. The Defense hasnt been able to present any evidence. Btw, why in the hell is this womans name such a sensitive issue? I didnt see any of these high and mighty morons when Deseree Washington(victim in the Mike Tyson rape case) was getting her name slinged through the mud.

*JR*
Oct 10th, 2003, 09:45 PM
Get real. The Procescution has basically had its way presenting its side of the story for the longest. I am looking at this just fine objectively thank you. The Defense hasnt been able to present any evidence. Btw, why in the hell is this womans name such a sensitive issue? I didnt see any of these high and mighty morons when Deseree Washington(victim in the Mike Tyson rape case) was getting her name slinged through the mud. Would you please respect Kate Faber's desire for anonymity! :tape:

Freewoman33
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:02 PM
Get real. The Procescution has basically had its way presenting its side of the story for the longest. I am looking at this just fine objectively thank you. The Defense hasnt been able to present any evidence. Btw, why in the hell is this womans name such a sensitive issue? I didnt see any of these high and mighty morons when Deseree Washington(victim in the Mike Tyson rape case) was getting her name slinged through the mud.

I don't remember the particulars about Deseree's case, but didn't she go public with the story HERSELF?

That's an interesting point you raised.