PDA

View Full Version : Dutch is a beautiful language

Joana
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:18 PM
I've been watching the Dutch TV show "Westenwind" and I got hooked on the language. It's so great! :D
I really want to learn it, just I don't know if it's possible possible here, and besides, it looks rather difficult...

Josh
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:23 PM
It is rather difficult but the best way to learn it is to come study over here and you'll learn it in no time (relatively speaking ;)).

alexusjonesfan
Oct 10th, 2003, 01:04 AM
If all language were circus tricks, Dutch would be equivalent to knife throwing ;)

treufreund
Oct 10th, 2003, 07:06 AM
I love Dutch!!!

azza
Oct 10th, 2003, 07:57 AM
Hond = Dog :kiss: Thx Elke :p :kiss:

Rothes
Oct 10th, 2003, 08:37 AM
Funny that, Dutch is one of the closest related languages to English.

Maajken
Oct 10th, 2003, 08:40 AM
it's not that funny. they have the same roots, just like swedish, german etc.

Zamboni
Oct 10th, 2003, 09:39 AM
I've been watching the Dutch TV show "Westenwind" and I got hooked on the language. It's so great! :D
I really want to learn it, just I don't know if it's possible possible here, and besides, it looks rather difficult...
Westenwind is on tv in Yugoslavia? :eek:

Joana
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:21 AM

Yes, every night at 11 PM, well it's actually finished recently. I have no idea how it ended up here really. :)
I thought it was an OK show, the first couple of seasons. Later I watched only because of the language.

Megli
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:29 AM

yeah, that's really :eek:

Zamboni
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Yes, every night at 11 PM, well it's actually finished recently. I have no idea how it ended up here really. :)
I thought it was an OK show, the first couple of seasons. Later I watched only because of the language.
I never watched it but it's quite amazing it's on tv in Yugoslavia!
It's quite amazing you like Dutch ;)

alexusjonesfan
Oct 10th, 2003, 02:59 PM

did you get subtitles? or did they just show it in Dutch? :confused:

Joana
Oct 10th, 2003, 08:52 PM
did you get subtitles? or did they just show it in Dutch? :confused:

Of course we got subtitles, but I always pay attention to the language spoken in any foreign films or TV shows.

The Crow
Oct 10th, 2003, 08:55 PM
lmao Westenwind in Yugoslavia :haha:

Barrie_Dude
Oct 10th, 2003, 09:58 PM
The only Dutch I know is "Thalle" and that translates to "Divine Goddess" or so I've been told! ;)

E. Blackadder
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:59 PM
Dutch is one oft he most hated languages because of it's thump sounds