PDA

View Full Version : Kournikova and Everett to Host Sunday's World Music Awards

apoet29
Oct 9th, 2003, 03:00 PM
50 Cent Dominates World Music Nominations
Wed Oct 8,12:49 PM ET Add Entertainment - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Lars Brandle

LONDON (Billboard) - With five nominations, 50 Cent leads the contenders for the 15th annual World Music Awards, to be held Sunday (Oct. 12) at the Monte Carlo Sporting Club.

He is up for best-selling pop male, R&B artist, rap/hip-hop artist, new artist and recording artist.

George Benson and Chaka Khan (news) will both be crowned with the Legend Award at the show, to be hosted by actor Rupert Everett (news) and tennis player Anna Kournikova (news - web sites). The event's patron, Prince Albert of Monaco, will present Mariah Carey (news) with the Diamond Award, in recognition of worldwide album sales in excess of 100 million units.

__________________________________________________ _____

I know that the World Music Awards are always broadcasted live to 160 million viewers, but I cannot seem to find any listings for it this Sunday. If anyone can find the listings for it, I would appreciate it. George Bensen is a long-time fave and I would love to see him and Chaka Khan finally get some recognition from the establishment. It will also be interesting to see Anna and Rupert host together.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 9th, 2003, 03:15 PM
kewl :)

alexusjonesfan
Oct 9th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Anna and Rupert?!

Can the stage handle that much hotness? :o

ally baker
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:17 PM
I was hoping for Jim (Chris) Everett. :sad:

King Aaron
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:30 PM
P!nk will be performing I think.

theprophe
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:26 PM
will it be on mtv or vh1 in europe?

RYNJ
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:50 PM
OMG, what if it was actually chris evert! haha

goldenlox
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:22 AM
Anna as the host of an awards show.
Usually it's a show business veteran hosting any show like this. A Billy Crystal. A Gary Shandling. A Dennis Miller.

This had better be on tv in the U.S.

lizchris
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:28 AM
Weren't the World Music Awards held earlier this year?

Amadé
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:58 AM
http://community.kournikova.com/images/smilies/king.gif Hmm, I would like to see how she would do.