PDA

View Full Version : Mary Pierce d Jennifer Capriati!!!

motta
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:19 PM
Mary d Jen 6/4 6/2
Great match Mary!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
This result is for people that said that Jen would win 6/0 6/0 again and that Mary would not have a chance...
Well...I can say...Bye bye jen :angel:
Go Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Infiniti2001
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:20 PM
Way to go Miss Meryl :bounce:

tenn_ace
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:20 PM
well done MASHA;) , I mean Mary :kiss:

CapFan#1
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Jeez no need to rub it in....... Well..... well done mary!! and I will be the 1st Cappy Fan to admit that our Jen just doesn't do well in these indoor events. Go get some rest Jen and please enter Advanta and then play the YEC! Kudos to Mary, hope you are back on track!

Cilla
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Well Done Mary! She played great tennis :D Jen didn't show up until the end.

Jennifer's wife
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:22 PM
well done to Mary.
But why duz Jen always play like shit at this time of year?? every fall its the same...she cant seem to play indoors
:confused:

GermanBoy
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:23 PM
This result is for people that said that Jen would win 6/0 6/0 again and that Mary would not have a chance...

I am disappointed as I always am when Jennifer lost. :sad: Personally I have to say I was convinced Jennifer would win, not 6/0, 6/0, but I expected Jennifer`s victory.

It makes it a bit easier that I like Mary as well. Hope, she is able to go her way to the final now... :wavey:

vaiva
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:24 PM
Great win, Mary! :yippee:

servenrichie
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:25 PM
:kiss: Mary :bounce: :bounce:

F-R-E-A-K
Vamos Mary Pierce!!!

Welldone!!

HAHAHA Trish101 is full of shit once again!

pigam
Euhm, :o I already started a topic about this.... , but hey, great win for Mary ...

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:26 PM
well done Mary :bounce: :yeah:

everyone is gonna be wanting Jen in their group :o ;)

Experimentee
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Mary :bounce:
Great win, keep going! Win the tournament!

Mark Spruce
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:29 PM
WELL DONE MARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ypeeeeeeeeeeeeee

regards

Mark

ciderjk
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Jennifer should just avoid the indoor season altogether! It's always such a heartbreak...2R loss after 2R loss and on and on.... She should end her season after the last hard court tournament. I don't know why she fools herself in entering all these indoor tournaments..seriously Jen. Focus on the tournaments and surfaces you like to play on. I'd much rather see you play 12-15 quality touraments, then 20-24 medicore ones.

switz
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:31 PM
great job mary!!

i started a thread at 4-6, 2-5(0-40) saying "Pierce def Capriati 6-4, 6-2", but then it got close and i thought i was jinxing mary so i deleted it.

m_pierce fan
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:34 PM
Great win Mary!!You deserve it!!

Jenny, You are my #2 fav but good luck next time...This is Mary's day!!

KV
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:39 PM
WD Mary Wow
Jenny :sad:

motta
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:42 PM
Mary!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wojtek
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:45 PM
Congrats Mary!

Mattographer
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:47 PM
Well done, Mary!! :D

Mase
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:06 PM
Well if anyone's going to beat her, glad its Mary....

Congrats Mary, and Jen, just seems like you should take the indoor season off.......

JennyS
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:07 PM
I really don't understand why Jennifer played this tournament in the first place.

Dating back to 01, Jennifer has a fall match record of 7-9. If you look at Jen's record over every other 8-10 week block in 01-03, Jennifer only had one other bad stretcch(the begining of this year). In every other two month period, Jennifer has had a fantastic record.

Jen's struggles in the fall indicate to me that she isn't ready mentally to play this soon after her painful US Open losses. It's US Open hangover.

I think Jen's poor fall performances really show how much Jennifer wants to win the US Open. It really takes a lot out of her.

Mase
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Is she losing points for this tourney?? Doubt it but, thought I'd ask.....

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:12 PM
Jenn sucks indoors!!!!
Congrats Mary!!!!!

Infiniti2001
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:22 PM
Jennifer should just avoid the indoor season altogether! It's always such a heartbreak...2R loss after 2R loss and on and on.... She should end her season after the last hard court tournament. I don't know why she fools herself in entering all these indoor tournaments..seriously Jen. Focus on the tournaments and surfaces you like to play on. I'd much rather see you play 12-15 quality touraments, then 20-24 medicore ones.

I dunno about that:unsure: --but I guarantee if the Williames did that, people would be attacking them right and left, calling them cowards, incomplete players etc etc.

Ducking :scared:

geoepee
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:23 PM
Well done Mary!

Good luck in the rest of the tournament!!!!

Fyndh0rnElf
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:24 PM
I thought there was going to be a bagel in the 2nd set. But Pierce's nerves creeped in a little bit and Capriati woke up

oddkayla
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:27 PM
JennyS, maybe she does not favour playing indoors?

XaDavK_Kapri
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:27 PM
I'll say like Mase. If someone has to beat Jennifer, I'm glad it's Mary. Jen, please, get yourself together now :sad:

yukon145
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:44 PM
if you read Jen's comments on the article at yahoo! sports, Jen cleary couldn't care a shit about the indoor seanson. She said something like its been a long season, and i really don't feel like fighting like i normally do. Or something to degree. I admitt Jen doesn't do well indoors though. In her mind the end of the year is US Open, than season ending champs.

ally baker
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:44 PM
Jen should start playing Quebec again... it's the only indoor tournament she wins matches at.

schris
Oct 9th, 2003, 03:10 PM
Congrats Mary !!!! :D

gourownway
Oct 9th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Congrats to Mary. Better luck nex time to Jen.

It seems like Jen is a "front runner" like in track. She does well in the begining of the race, but inorder to win the race she has to keep that pace. The unfortunate thing is, she never keeps the pace. However that isn't so bad. So she doesn't like the fall season. If she has the points and the rank then why bother playing. If your in a position after the US Open to not play until the championships, and you want to take the fall off, then you should. By the way, that goes for any player, not just Jen.

IMO, the tennis season is long and needs to be cut a little. If they WTA and ITF don't want to cut the fall season then they need to cut something in the middle. These tennis players are human, not robots.

Experimentee
Oct 9th, 2003, 03:23 PM
At least now no one can say she was forced to play, coz she played this last year too!

tennisjam
Oct 9th, 2003, 03:28 PM
well, seems when Mary does hit the ball, she does hit it, and pretty hard... :bounce:

brunof
Oct 9th, 2003, 03:41 PM
Pff, Jenn. You need to rest, get yourself pumped up for the Aussie.

"It's been a long year for me. I want to take a break," Capriati said. "To be honest I'm not in the mood to fight like I usually do." :eek: :mad: :sad: :fiery: :( :sad: :sad:

R&J
Oct 9th, 2003, 03:57 PM
OMG - Great result for Mary!!!:bigclap:

Justinefan
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:00 PM
Wow, I thought'd she'd give Jen a run and maybe win in three sets.. but i never imagined such a score!! Good Job Mary... poor Jen though.. this isn't any good for her confidence... she said she hasn't had a good year and is no mood to fight right now..

hingis-seles
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:09 PM
YAY!

:bounce:

kyk710
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:18 PM
MARY IS BACK!!! go mary!!! :bounce:

JennyS
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:18 PM
Jennifer has pretty much played solid tennis from January (in 01 and 02) or Februay (03) through the US Open. That's 8 months, which is a full season IMO.

Andrew.
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:19 PM
Allez Mary!!!!!! :D

MarcusRock
Oct 9th, 2003, 05:21 PM
I really don't understand why Jennifer played this tournament in the first place.

Dating back to 01, Jennifer has a fall match record of 7-9. If you look at Jen's record over every other 8-10 week block in 01-03, Jennifer only had one other bad stretcch(the begining of this year). In every other two month period, Jennifer has had a fantastic record.

Jen's struggles in the fall indicate to me that she isn't ready mentally to play this soon after her painful US Open losses. It's US Open hangover.

I think Jen's poor fall performances really show how much Jennifer wants to win the US Open. It really takes a lot out of her.http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/marcusrock/Excuses.gif

Way to go Mary!

CapFan#1
Oct 9th, 2003, 05:24 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/marcusrock/Excuses.gif

Way to go Mary!

Well, it looks like all the trolls have come out from under their rocks to rag on Jenny again.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I guess we shouldn't expect any less!

jenny161185
Oct 9th, 2003, 05:29 PM
I didnt want jen to lose but cant help but be really excited and happy for Mary - hope she does brill at the tourney - wo does she play next?

selesfan
Oct 9th, 2003, 06:36 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/marcusrock/Excuses.gif

Way to go Mary!

:lol: I love that Mr. Excuses smilie.

Andrew.
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:01 PM
Does anyone know how many bonus points she got for beating Jen?

j_dementieva27
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:43 PM
ALRIGHT I HAD A FEELING THIS WAS TO HAPPEN

im glad to see mary pierce is making her way back [just pray everyone for no more injuries]... also maybe this will silence all of those "jennifer capriati will win every single match she plays even when shes in a slump" fans

Scotso
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:07 PM
No one is ragging on Jenn except her fans in this thread.

Pierce fans are simply happy for her ( :worship: Mary :worship: ) and are a little annoyed at all the excuses. I'm sure if the situation was reversed...

MarcusRock
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:10 PM
Well, it looks like all the trolls have come out from under their rocks to rag on Jenny again.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I guess we shouldn't expect any less!LOL. I rag on all posters regardless of who they're fans of. Lighten up.

CapFan#1
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:12 PM
LOL. I rag on all posters regardless of who they're fans of. Lighten up.

Sorry, you are right. :sad: I am just having a really bad week (I hate my job-- I work for the world's biggest mutha fucka/asshole ever) and I HATE when Jenn loses. Oh well, at least Mary got a win -- glad to see her back on her way. :)

MarcusRock
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:23 PM
stop lyin'...cap fan is the only one you've ragged on all day. ;)So ...... How's the weather out there? :lol:

Trish101
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:46 PM
shut up, jeez you can be a pain in the ass marcus! ;) its all good though cause im gonna plaster your ass when Serena loses to Jenny!

Pureracket
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:39 PM
I NEVER thought that JenCap would not win this match :( I must apologize to the JenCap fans. Since I became a fan of hers, she has not seemed to do well. Honestly, I became a fan right after she beat LD this summer. After that, downhill. I've done to her what I've done to the Atlanta Braves, Buffalo Bills, and Natalie Tauziat. :(

Kart
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:17 PM
After seeing their last meeting I really didn't think Mary had it in her.

Well done :D:D:D:D

patricio
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:34 PM
Well,congrats to Mary.

I am a fan of Jen, and I have to say that by this time of the year Jennifer is only thinking about holidays. But we cant take the credit out of Mary, whos been stuggling to get her form back and a 6/4 6/2 score against jennifer shows that she is back there again.

Mary,keep up,and lets hope that Jen does good at the Masters, and lets hope we get coverage in latin America

bello
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:05 AM
She needs to rest up and rtecover mentally from some tough losses (eg. US open semi)

tennischick
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:43 AM
nice...i'm so happy for Mary :)

kku
Oct 10th, 2003, 01:30 AM
Cappy :( :sad:

MARY!!! :bounce: :worship: :D

TeeRexx
Oct 10th, 2003, 03:13 AM
This devasting loss to Mary should get Cap motivated to upgrade her training and her attitude or 2004 may be her last year to curse on the WTA tour.

Berlin_Calling
Oct 10th, 2003, 03:19 AM
Mary :hearts:. You are simply the greates

Trish101
Oct 10th, 2003, 04:10 AM
TeeReex go fuck your bohimian Pancake ladies and leave the REAL woman alone, you seem to take pleasure in dissing the real pure talent of Tennis, well thats ok cause shell always be better than you, and of course thats not saying much considering you suck (dick) but aside from your multy-tasking of both sucking and swallowing :devil: you have no talent but a foul mouth.

- and i just hope this stomach problem of Venus is a career threatening one, so that i dont have to see her ugly fake ass on court again playing sloppy tennis and bad Finals against an even trashier Serena "hulking" williams!

Trish101
Oct 10th, 2003, 04:12 AM
oooh ! i almost forgot, BITE ME

azza
Oct 10th, 2003, 04:18 AM
Mary :eek: :kiss: :D :bounce:

Jennifer :haha: :o :rolleyes:

Trish101
Oct 10th, 2003, 04:32 AM
azza, go fuck a kangaroo, bitch

franny
Oct 10th, 2003, 04:52 AM
Does anyone know how many winners each player hit? By the scoreline, it seems like Mary hit a whole bunch of winner, especially since that I heard in that in one game, she hit like four winners to break serve or something like that. Can anyone tell me like around how much each player hit or at least who had more and if it was over 20 or not?

Trish101
Oct 10th, 2003, 05:16 AM
lmao youre too funny, not.

franny
Oct 10th, 2003, 05:56 AM
Was that directed towards me? Cause all I did was ask a simple question. Also, why you feel the need to be hostile towards every poster that has posted on this thread recently is beyond me. So Capraiti lost, get over it, no need to turn yourself into a raging bitch.

sunnysideup
Oct 11th, 2003, 05:00 AM
Jenny needs psychiatric help...she hasn't gotten over her loss at the USO.:sad:

PierceCheng
Oct 11th, 2003, 06:45 AM
Mary Pierce, you finally to get first win of your competitor Jennifer Capriati successfully!! :sad: :bigcry: :tears: :sobbing: :crying2:

After that you defeated Bulgarian Maggie (short form of Magdelena) Maleeva!! :bounce: :hearts: :inlove: :kiss: :yeah: :woohoo:

You must continung to keep your good strength to defeat Kimmy (short form of Kim) Clijsters in semi finals!! :bounce: :hearts: :inlove: :kiss: :wavey:

TeeRexx
Oct 11th, 2003, 08:52 AM
Jenn may have shot her wad against JHH at the Open and may be headed for the retirement farm in 2004.

Anyway, it was a good win for Mary.

Trish101
Oct 11th, 2003, 09:11 AM
retirement? yeah i think Venus is going to the shit dump too

locks
Oct 11th, 2003, 10:42 AM
I'm shocked Jenny lost :tape: :lol:

retire and hangout at the bar fulltime now :kiss:

esquímaux
Oct 11th, 2003, 10:59 AM
Pierce is making the most out of her wildcard!

Nicoleke
Oct 11th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Go girl :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: !!!!!