PDA

View Full Version : Dear Williams Fans

Infiniti2001
Feb 7th, 2002, 03:27 AM
Could you PLEASE NOT respond to any threads that are deliberately started to get a rise out of Williams fans??? I notice this one-manship going on over at the general board... I've finally realized that I don't need to respond to every thread and that people will find reasons to dislike and critize everything about them and us... Let Venus and Serena do the talking with their racquets for us. We do not have anything to prove to non fans... AoL has a filter feature, I wish we had it over here, because there are sooooooooo many posters I'd like to put in there (evil grin):bounce:

QueenO
Feb 7th, 2002, 03:50 AM
Your so right :cool: It's seems Venus is always on their minds ;) ;)

GrandSlammed
Feb 7th, 2002, 10:09 AM
I know that's right Infiniti!! :)

Best to steer clear of those bait threads... you go in them, get lured into a war of words .. next thing you know, you've been reported and shit,lol. :rolleyes: And don't think for a second, that the anti-Williams fans posters aren't networking to get us CAUGHT UP!:p

They want us gone baaad!:cool:

GO VENUS... WIN the OPEN GAZ de FRANCE!

Williams Rulez
Feb 7th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Infiniti2001 is right on this. Please do not respond, and try not to start provocative threads... or people will be down Venus and Serena's throat again. :rolleyes: :(

Don't give them what they want - fuel to attack.

Carlitos
Feb 7th, 2002, 06:03 PM
This is so right Infiniti!
There have been so much threads,full of attacks and critics against Venus and Serena and their fans.This is a messageboard
that enables us to cheer on our favourites and have interesting dicussions about tennis or other things but it is not a place where everybody can spread his HATE!!!So please behave with respect!
(Message for the anti-Williams posters which are surely going to read this thread)

BTW:As a tennis fan I like to talk with other people about my favs respectivly their favs.Since Im visiting this board I discover more than regularly always the same discussions with the same arguments against the Wiiliams sisters and Im asking me WHY???There are no other players who are criticised again and again and who are so much talked about in such a negative way!
The only positive thing about this is that VENUS and SERENA seem to be so amazing that fans of other players cant stop thinking and talking about them!!!But I think this discussions should have an END!

RAA
Feb 7th, 2002, 06:21 PM
I really just ignore those people who post ridiculous things. i've lurked on several tennis boards and have seen how things can get really ridiculous. most people need to get a life!

Look, the results speak for themselves. When Venus is playing, pretty much she is impossible to beat. Not always, but the vast majority of the time. And that pisses off people.
Just look at it as a compliment, if Venus wasn't such a good player(and serena too, just not as consistently), people wouldn't take the time to bash her regularly.
now, if she could just win the French...
ruth in philly pa usa

Deira
Feb 8th, 2002, 08:31 AM
Infiniti2001, I know of what you speak. On the old WTA board every harsh word said against Venus, Serena or their family would make my blood boil and I felt a sense of duty to respond pretty often ... being a fan and all. But then I realized that I am a fan of two of the greatest tennis players on the planet and most of the critics are just jealous and envious of V&S's massive talent. Above all ... they are afraid ... very afraid :rolleyes:

Beige
Feb 8th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Amen! :)

victory1
Feb 8th, 2002, 10:38 PM
I've been trying to refrain myself ;)

moon
Feb 8th, 2002, 11:10 PM
Well I couldn't help it. Most of the time I ignore them, but damn!!

Anyway, the majority of the time I'll ignore the negativity, so I do try, but nobody's perfect. :angel:

Deira
Feb 9th, 2002, 07:45 AM
True dat Moon, true dat :wavey:

Dawn Marie
Feb 9th, 2002, 08:18 AM
Ditto on Moon words:) We really need.. to avoid certain posters. We know who they are:)

P.S. If you guys see me going off in someone's ass please help me to stop the debates. Okay.. and thanks in advance you lovely fans you...lol:)

I repeat if you see me going off in someone's ass please pop in the thread and yank my booty out of there.. :)

Jeff
Feb 9th, 2002, 12:31 PM
I agree. There's no need to respond to topics that are originally started just to cause trouble. Our job is to support the sisters, not add fire to the flame for those who are against them. Who gives a crap what anyone else thinks about them. We love them, support them and always will. That's all that matters.

Williams Rulez
Feb 9th, 2002, 01:58 PM
No problem Dawn ;) :D

Rubylips
Feb 10th, 2002, 11:25 PM
With you guys.:wavey:

TeeRexx
Feb 10th, 2002, 11:55 PM
I'll try.
I guess.

LucasArg
Feb 11th, 2002, 09:11 AM