PDA

View Full Version : Kim destroys Dani 6-1 6-1

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 12:13 PM
Hmmm...seems like Kim ainīt ready to give up the no.1 rank just like that.

Damn, Dani won like 13 points or something like that.

TatiAnnahølic
Oct 9th, 2003, 12:14 PM
fast work only 41 mins :eek:

congrats Kim! :D

jenny161185
Oct 9th, 2003, 12:14 PM
wow I really thought danni would have had a chance - this is sad for her - she was defending finalist too - was Kim playing amazing? or just rubbish from Danilella ?

bracey
Oct 9th, 2003, 12:15 PM
Kim was explosive and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Her injury was non-existent and there's no shame in losing to a great player like her.

TatiAnnahølic
Oct 9th, 2003, 12:16 PM
jenny161185, Kim was too much for Daniela today

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 12:16 PM
Kim played her normal game and Dani really didnīt have the firepower to threaten her.

fleemkeģ
Oct 9th, 2003, 12:21 PM
Kim didn't play normal :eek: she played extremely well, no errors at all!

Daniela ... :sad:

esquímaux
Oct 9th, 2003, 12:23 PM
I think that's the quickest match I've ever heard....wait a sec....Capriati bulldozed Torrens Valero 6-0 6-1 in just 35 minutes at this year's USOpen :angel:

spooky
Oct 9th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Anybody can beat Dani. So there's no surprise that Kim beat her. Dani just needs to hand it up for a while and get herself together.

~|Naomi|~
Oct 9th, 2003, 12:27 PM
thanks for the info Bracey - good to hear about Kim's ankle

Daniela :sad: nice to hear she didn't play bad though and it was kim that played good. I'm sure Daniela can pick it up next year and return to the top 10 :)

~|Naomi|~
Oct 9th, 2003, 12:28 PM
I think that's the quickest match I've ever heard....wait a sec....Capriati bulldozed Torrens Valero 6-0 6-1 in just 35 minutes at this year's USOpen

Kim beat Mandula in 30 minutes at AO this year 6-0 6-0 but apprently Graf has a quicker match than that even

starr
Oct 9th, 2003, 12:34 PM
I hope this news means that Kim is playing without injury, and not just that Daniela was playing horribly.

pigam
Oct 9th, 2003, 12:36 PM
Wow Kim !!! :eek: You're making me (a justine-fan :angel: ) nervous now !! Seems the injury isn't bothering her too much ... nice. It would be horrible if Kim would be sidelined for a long period too ...

bis2806
Oct 9th, 2003, 12:54 PM
this is just too cool, to see dani getting crushed!!! she really needs to bulk up!

ptkten
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:12 PM
Dani :sad: :help:

Well at least she's winning rounds so she can play the top players again but she's still so far away

kim4eva
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Wow...very impressive, Kim! :worship: :worship: :worship:
Nice to here she's playing well!!! :D
Keep up the good work Kimmie!! :kiss:

tenn_ace
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:22 PM
wow ... what a change from a year ago . Daniela :confused:

Beat
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:27 PM
yeah, it was such a good final last year. and now this - dani sucked big time in this match... :o

Fletch
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:38 PM
this is just too cool, to see dani getting crushed!!! she really needs to bulk up!

Whats cool about it?

Daniel
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:39 PM
Congrats Kim :yeah: :roll:

Nicky2002
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:49 PM
Well done Kim! :worship: Lleyton must be really happy with the score. ;)

Win this tourney Kim! :bounce:

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:01 PM
This wasnīt really surprising....even last year when Dani was on a high she only had ONE title and one final, so it ainīt like she was crushing everybody. Now that people have figured her out and she herself has issues.....itīs goodnight and hasta la vista for Dani.

One thing that might help: go to gym and work on your movement Dani.

GrahamD
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:37 PM
This wasnīt really surprising....even last year when Dani was on a high she only had ONE title and one final, so it ainīt like she was crushing everybody. Now that people have figured her out and she herself has issues.....itīs goodnight and hasta la vista for Dani.

http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/asshole.gif

God, you really do hate her don't you? For weeks now, you've been insulting Daniela at every possible opportunity. You even openly admitted to me you are a Williams fan yet you started this thread.

What must go on in your tiny pea-brain when you think of threads like this? "Oh goody, another chance to bash Hantuchova. Goody, that means I can go and throw some more insults and abuse about". You clearly hate her so much, but why do you feel you have to let everyone else know that? Just when we thought that most people on here had decided to stop bashing Dani and give her a break, an asshole like you comes along to shatter the illusion. I don't feel the need to go bashing other players in threads I have no interest in, so why do you? I'm just sick of assholes like you who think its funny and cool to insult players they dont like. Well, you're not funny or clever. :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

gentenaire
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:44 PM
Graham, easy easy! It's not just Dani, it's every player, Williams sisters excepted. The only time Bandabou can say something positive about a player other than a Williams sisters is when it's to attack another player.

Seriously though, it's clear Dani's form is nowhere near what it was last year. Dani's not the only one, Dokic is faring much worse.

Dani's coach admitted to a weight problem quite a few months ago and mentioned that they were working on it but that these things take time. I must confess I had hoped to see some results by now.

bracey
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:49 PM
Yes, I agree Graham.

All too often, people tread on egg shells in order to avoid criticising your beloved pairing, Bandabou, but any adverse statements and out comes the 'racism' tag.
At least Daniela is playing in the tournaments and is committed to the game of tennis; the Williams' sisters seem completely apathetical to the game that elevated them to superstar status at the moment but Dani is giving something back and the commercial side of tennis should be thankful.

The only issues she has is that half-wits keep tarnishing her life with obscene statements writing her career off already.

GrahamD
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:54 PM
Graham, easy easy! It's not just Dani, it's every player, Williams sisters excepted. The only time Bandabou can say something positive about a player other than a Williams sisters is when it's to attack another player.

Sounds like the guy is mentally retarded then as someone else just PM'd me to say he does this to everyone. Still, I suppose with so many thousand members, you're bound to get the odd asshole or two. Another Williams fan to add to my ignore list then. :ignore: http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/asshole.gif

jenglisbe
Oct 9th, 2003, 03:15 PM
The real test will be whether Kim's ankle can hold up. She hadn't played for awhile, and this match wasn't too tough. I am sure it will be sore tomorrow from all the running and jumping, and then how will it be in the SF and final if she keeps winning?

Albireo
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:18 PM
http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/asshole.gif

God, you really do hate her don't you? For weeks now, you've been insulting Daniela at every possible opportunity. You even openly admitted to me you are a Williams fan yet you started this thread.

What must go on in your tiny pea-brain when you think of threads like this? "Oh goody, another chance to bash Hantuchova. Goody, that means I can go and throw some more insults and abuse about". You clearly hate her so much, but why do you feel you have to let everyone else know that? Just when we thought that most people on here had decided to stop bashing Dani and give her a break, an asshole like you comes along to shatter the illusion. I don't feel the need to go bashing other players in threads I have no interest in, so why do you? I'm just sick of assholes like you who think its funny and cool to insult players they dont like. Well, you're not funny or clever. :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

As we've already demonstrated that everything Bandabou knows about Hantuchova is in gross contradiction of the actual facts, his/her/its knowledge of the subject is proven irrelevant in advance, and not to be taken seriously... if taken at all.

Hi, Bandabou. :wavey: What should we discuss today?

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:19 PM
So stating the obvious about Dani makes me a hater?!
Fact is that the girl has had only one big result so far and that is too little a girl as talented and hyped as Dani is. This is ainīt hating....fact are fact. The girl has only one title or am I wrong?!

If it were either sister Iīd have said the same thing...time to put up or shut up.

The sisters donīt play often?! Well when they do play, they are winning. And winning is a better contribution to the game, than posing in calendars and stuff.

tennisjam
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:20 PM
she was about to cry once again while leaving the court...

what's wrong with this girl :confused:

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:22 PM

Glad to see that Iīm not alone.....the girl is pathetic. Crying because a player decided to moon-ball you, crying because you blew matchpoints.

Get a grip!

ally baker
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:22 PM

Drama Queen
Attention Whore

She needs a good ass kicking... then she'd stop whining about attention.

tennisjam
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:23 PM
yes bandabou you are a hater... :fiery:

...a total racist who hates white people...and don't start with your "facts stuff" :fiery: :o ;)

mandy7
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:26 PM
Drama Queen
Attention Whore

She needs a good ass kicking... then she'd stop whining about attention.

who's the attention whore?
i guess you are, cause you just post shit like that to get attention!
got no friends? got no life? got no idea what tennis is all about?

ciao MandY

gentenaire
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:26 PM
Bandabou doesn't seem to understand that not all players will be grand slam winners, and that it's not stupid to cheer for players who may never win a big title, that it's not stupid to consider being in the top 10 of world tennis an enormous achievement. Unless a player is better than the Williams sisters, this player is considered worthless.

ally baker
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Bandabou doesn't seem to understand that not all players will be grand slam winners, and that it's not stupid to cheer for players who may never win a big title, that it's not stupid to consider being in the top 10 of world tennis an enormous achievement. Unless a player is better than the Williams sisters, this player is considered worthless.
Then why are you posting in GM, where 99% of posters are these people?

ally baker
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:29 PM
who's the attention whore?
i guess you are, cause you just post shit like that to get attention!
got no friends? got no life? got no idea what tennis is all about?

ciao MandY
Yes, n00b... I have no idea what tennis is about. :rolleyes:

Albireo
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:29 PM
So stating the obvious about Dani makes me a hater?!

No, it makes you utterly redundant. Redundant. Stating the obvious? Unnecessary. Redundant.

Fact is that the girl has had only one big result so far and that is too little a girl as talented and hyped as Dani is. This is ainīt hating....fact are fact. The girl has only one title or am I wrong?!

Congratulations! You've finally gotten one thing right regarding Hantuchova. Actually, two: she is a girl.

That's two out of about fifteen. Keep it up-- you're on a roll!

And winning is a better contribution to the game, than posing in calendars and stuff.

You seem to already have forgotten your utter inability to find modelling pictures of Hantuchova from non-tennis sources. You CONCEDED that point in the last discussion of the issue. Would you like me to quote you?

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Then why are you posting in GM, where 99% of posters are these people?
:haha: :smash:

alexusjonesfan
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:30 PM

You mean the WTA goes beyond the top 10? :eek:
LIES! I won't believe it! :mad:
Why play tennis if you're not top 10? you obviously suck :o

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:32 PM
No, it makes you utterly redundant. Redundant. Stating the obvious? Unnecessary. Redundant.

Congratulations! You've finally gotten one thing right regarding Hantuchova. Actually, two: she is a girl.

That's two out of about fifteen. Keep it up-- you're on a roll!

You seem to already have forgotten your utter inability to find modelling pictures of Hantuchova from non-tennis sources. You CONCEDED that point in the last discussion of the issue. Would you like me to quote you?

And?! So?! Fact remains that for a talented girl like Hantuchova is, ONE title is too little....

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:34 PM

Wrong,wrong! But remember this is the girl who said that Venus has to play her best to even have a CHANCE against her! When it was Venus who was no.2 in the world, who had won GS, who has won titles.

tennisjam
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:37 PM
bandabou is in love with Venus :kiss: :hearts: ...so don't mind his lack of "objectivness" sometimes...he is blinded by love :hearts: ;)

Albireo
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:40 PM
Wrong,wrong! But remember this is the girl who said that Venus has to play her best to even have a CHANCE against her! When it was Venus who was no.2 in the world, who had won GS, who has won titles.

Hantuchova said this? Give me a direct quote and a source. A direct quote, not a paraphrase.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:41 PM
bandabou is in love with Venus :kiss: :hearts: ...so don't mind his lack of "objectivness" sometimes...he is blinded by love :hearts: ;)

Not really....Venus is my second fav.....funny to notice that since Dani opened her big mouth and acted as if she was at the Williamses level, she hasnīt done anything worth noticing! That happens when you try and compare yourself with the Williamses.

Albireo
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:42 PM
And?! So?! Fact remains that for a talented girl like Hantuchova is, ONE title is too little....

Have to start somewhere.

mandy7
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:43 PM
Daniela? A big mouth?
oh come on, you gotta be kidding!?

Albireo
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Not really....Venus is my second fav.....funny to notice that since Dani opened her big mouth and acted as if she was at the Williamses level, she hasnīt done anything worth noticing! That happens when you try and compare yourself with the Williamses.

We've been through this one, too, Bandabou-- Hantuchova never "acted as if she was at the Williamses [sic] level." You're imagining things again.

Come-on-kim
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:46 PM
Kim :bounce:

Volcana
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:51 PM

Are you sure you're not thinking of Elena "i am mentally stronger than her" Dementieva. No way would I have missed a Hantuchova quote like that one.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:51 PM
We've been through this one, too, Bandabou-- Hantuchova never "acted as if she was at the Williamses [sic] level." You're imagining things again.

Here is a quote from asap:

But I feel like I'm on the right way, you know, feeling like this time I'm ready for Venus.

I canīt find the site where I read the exact quote, but she said something in that extend...

Further she says that Venus is one of the greatest players ever.

Wojtek
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:54 PM
Daniela lost 6 or 7 games to love. She hit one winner. She wasn't oponent for Kim today.

bracey
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:56 PM
How stupid are you, Bandabou?

She said she is ready for Venus.

You said Venus would have to play her best in order to beat her.

MASSIVE DIFFERENCE!!!!

spooky
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:57 PM

You are absolutely correct bandabou. They acting like Kim beating Dani is a surprise. As I said everybody beats Dani.

spooky
Oct 9th, 2003, 05:00 PM
Yes, I agree Graham.

All too often, people tread on egg shells in order to avoid criticising your beloved pairing, Bandabou, but any adverse statements and out comes the 'racism' tag.
At least Daniela is playing in the tournaments and is committed to the game of tennis; the Williams' sisters seem completely apathetical to the game that elevated them to superstar status at the moment but Dani is giving something back and the commercial side of tennis should be thankful.

The only issues she has is that half-wits keep tarnishing her life with obscene statements writing her career off already.

Tennis is not the only thing in their lives. And right now due to their circumstances they are not playing. Do you want them to play injured and not grieve for their sister?

Albireo
Oct 9th, 2003, 05:05 PM
What you said, Bandabou:

But remember this is the girl who said that Venus has to play her best to even have a CHANCE against her!

What you quoted Hantuchova as saying:

"But I feel like I'm on the right way, you know, feeling like this time I'm ready for Venus."

Yeah, that sounds like she's saying Venus will have to play her best to "have a CHANCE" against her.

What color is the sky on your planet, Bandabou?

spooky
Oct 9th, 2003, 05:09 PM
Here is a quote from asap:

But I feel like I'm on the right way, you know, feeling like this time I'm ready for Venus.

I canīt find the site where I read the exact quote, but she said something in that extend...

Further she says that Venus is one of the greatest players ever.

I think it was the US open or one of the slams where Venus played Dani and Dani said that Venus had to bring her "A" to beat her that was after she took Vee to 3 sets at the AO. Also, the commentators rant and rave about her being the next challenge for the sisters. I think the media has a lot to do with the down fall of some of these tennis players when they come on the seen.

bracey
Oct 9th, 2003, 05:10 PM
Tennis is not the only thing in their lives. And right now due to their circumstances they are not playing. Do you want them to play injured and not grieve for their sister?

How "injured" are they? Today I witnessed the grit of Clijsters to play through the pain barrier and play with conviction.

Mourning their sister is acceptable but prior to this................

MarcusRock
Oct 9th, 2003, 05:13 PM
What you said, Bandabou:

What you quoted Hantuchova as saying:

"But I feel like I'm on the right way, you know, feeling like this time I'm ready for Venus."

Yeah, that sounds like she's saying Venus will have to play her best to "have a CHANCE" against her.

What color is the sky on your planet, Bandabou?Bandabou, he insulted your mother. You gonna take that? Dang.

ally baker
It's funny how eventually, every thread turns into this crap.

GrahamD

...a total racist who hates white people...and don't start with your "facts stuff" :fiery: :o ;)

Agreed. This ignoramus is a bigot and a racist. The sooner he gets banned from here the better.

spooky
Oct 9th, 2003, 05:15 PM
How "injured" are they? Today I witnessed the grit of Clijsters to play through the pain barrier and play with conviction.

That's Kim's business if she wants to play on an injured ankle and by all rights she should since her foot is not broken.

bracey
Oct 9th, 2003, 05:19 PM
Dani and Rubin were/are partners, Bandabou.

spooky
Oct 9th, 2003, 05:20 PM

Didn't Serena just had knee surgery? What do you mean how injured are they. Aparrently you did not watch Wimbeldon when Venus was playing injured.

spooky
Oct 9th, 2003, 05:23 PM

Everyone said that Kim did not seem to be hampered by her injury so what the heck are you talking about you "witnessed the grit of Clijsters to play through the pain barrier". What did Venus play through and Wimbledon and what has Serena been playing through for a year before she decided to have the surgery on her knee and during that year of pain she won 4 slams and other titles. Let's be fair.

tfannis
Oct 9th, 2003, 05:25 PM

Excellent description!!

He has been banned before (as nuriboy, nboy, Serena#1fan,... for hating ;))...lets hope he'll be banned again :)

He's a tennishooligan...totaly :rolleyes: Sure he'll enjoy the sister's wins....but he enjoys bashing other players and fans more...

anyway....

Congrats Kim :) Happy your ankle was okay...lets hope it stays that way :kiss:

bracey
Oct 9th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Everyone said that Kim did not seem to be hampered by her injury so what the heck are you talking about you "witnessed the grit of Clijsters to play through the pain barrier". What did Venus play through and Wimbledon and what has Serena been playing through for a year before she decided to have the surgery on her knee and during that year of pain she won 4 slams and other titles. Let's be fair.

"Did not SEEM......." Subjective hence trivial remark.

Grand slams are different, Kim is in a Tier II here and could easily have wrapped it up this year but didn't.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 05:43 PM
Excellent description!!

He has been banned before (as nuriboy, nboy, Serena#1fan,... for hating ;))...lets hope he'll be banned again :)

He's a tennishooligan...totaly :rolleyes: Sure he'll enjoy the sister's wins....but he enjoys bashing other players and fans more...

anyway....

Congrats Kim :) Happy your ankle was okay...lets hope it stays that way :kiss:

:lol: :lol: ! What a non-sense....if the girl is playing like crap, she is. Nothing I can do about that. In a sense Iīm DISAPPOINTED to see her like this! since when is a hater disappointed to see a player lose?!

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 05:44 PM
"Did not SEEM......." Subjective hence trivial remark.

Grand slams are different, Kim is in a Tier II here and could easily have wrapped it up this year but didn't.

so a knee SURGERY is equivalent to an ankle ? Yeah, what was the diagnosis anyway?!

bracey
Oct 9th, 2003, 05:47 PM
so a knee SURGERY is equivalent to an ankle ? Yeah, what was the diagnosis anyway?!

Knee surgery is only useful for underlying injuries that get aggravated under too much strain, not explicit ones that need bandaging like Kim's today.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 05:53 PM
Knee surgery is only useful for underlying injuries that get aggravated under too much strain, not explicit ones that need bandaging like Kim's today.

Sooo....?

bracey
Oct 9th, 2003, 06:01 PM
Williams was in a position to choose when to have treatment, isn't that obvious?

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 06:05 PM
Williams was in a position to choose when to have treatment, isn't that obvious?

And when should that have been in your opinion?!

bracey
Oct 9th, 2003, 06:06 PM
After Leipzig.

spooky
Oct 9th, 2003, 06:24 PM

May I ask what are you trying to say. I do not understand your statement.

spooky
Oct 9th, 2003, 06:26 PM
After Leipzig.

And please tell me why after Leipzig. That does not make any sence what you typed. I really do not understand your reason if there's any reasoning at all behind your statements.

-Ph51-
Oct 9th, 2003, 06:39 PM
Kim and Justine are actually the better players.At least for this season!For the next you'll have to wait and see if the Williamses recover.And I think it'll be very open;anyways! :bigclap:

bracey
Oct 9th, 2003, 06:51 PM
And please tell me why after Leipzig. That does not make any sence what you typed. I really do not understand your reason if there's any reasoning at all behind your statements.

Are you really as stupid as your rep suggests?

After Leipzig because there's no more GS and it honours the indoor season.
When a player needs surgery, they can choose when they like it!!! I've said this already, please refrain from tripping over your own IQ.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:06 PM

When a player needs surgery, they can choose when they like it!!! I've said this already, please refrain from tripping over your own IQ.

So if you arenīt able to play, youīve been suffering from this recurring pain for years already....you have to wait like another two months to repair it?! Do u think Serena willingly missed the Open, which is historically her BEST slam?!

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:10 PM
Agreed. This ignoramus is a bigot and a racist. The sooner he gets banned from here the better.

Bandabou is black?!

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:14 PM
Bandabou is black?!

Yep, Iīm black..... but if my race has been the victim of rascism since forever....why would I turn around and do the same?!

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:15 PM
Yep, Iīm black..... but if my race has been the victim of rascism since forever....why would I turn around and do the same?!

Some people do not and will never understand that.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:19 PM
Some people do not and will never understand that.
sadly enough youīre right.

-Ph51-
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:23 PM
Please...not the same as in Gotennis!

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:24 PM

Who moderates that site??

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:26 PM
a good win for kim! should give her confidence about her foot!

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:30 PM

Easy B....gotennis stuff will stay at gotennis.

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Easy B....gotennis stuff will stay at gotennis.

Are you really nuriboy?

-Ph51-
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Why?

-Ph51-
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:34 PM
Dag Sonck

Albireo
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:39 PM
I'm still waiting for that "Venus will have to play her best to have even a CHANCE against me" quote from Hantuchova, Bandabou. Good thing I'm not holding my breath.

I'm also still waiting for all those modelling pics you once claimed exist-- oh, wait, you already admitted you were wrong about that one.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:41 PM
Are you really nuriboy?

Hahahahaha....

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:42 PM
I'm still waiting for that "Venus will have to play her best to have even a CHANCE against me" quote from Hantuchova, Bandabou. Good thing I'm not holding my breath.

I'm also still waiting for all those modelling pics you once claimed exist-- oh, wait, you already admitted you were wrong about that one.

Somebody already posted it....I donīt need to do it anymore. Go back and read it the other posts.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:43 PM
Dag Sonck

En weer de grote mond, he?!

-Ph51-
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:47 PM
lol

persond
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:50 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: Well, the shites' just keeps getting deeper and deeper...!!!

Albireo
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Somebody already posted it....I donīt need to do it anymore. Go back and read it the other posts.

Actually, the quote that you posted had no bearing to the comment that you allege Hantuchova made. And the "quote" that was posted was a paraphrase-- which is the same tactic that you use when you want to put words in other peoples' mouths.

Hantuchova never said what you allege she said, Bandabou: "Venus will have to play her best to even have a CHANCE against me." She never said it. You're making shit up. Or hallucinating, one of the two.

Albireo
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:54 PM
I also note-- with some considerable cynicism-- that you've once again managed to make a thread about Hantuchova's form into a "Hantuchova vs. The Williams Sisters" discussion. If you intend to draw the conclusion that Hantuchova is somehow racist, I'll ask you to prove it. If not, then quit changing the subject.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:55 PM
Actually, the quote that you posted had no bearing to the comment that you allege Hantuchova made. And the "quote" that was posted was a paraphrase-- which is the same tactic that you use when you want to put words in other peoples' mouths.

Hantuchova never said what you allege she said, Bandabou: "Venus will have to play her best to even have a CHANCE against me." She never said it. You're making shit up. Or hallucinating, one of the two.

Hahahaa.....whatever. I read it somewhere, but I donīt remember the exact site. In the end it doesnīt matter anyways because: She wasnīt rather for Venus nor did Venus have to play her best to beat her.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:56 PM
I also note-- with some considerable cynicism-- that you've once again managed to make a thread about Hantuchova's form into a "Hantuchova vs. The Williams Sisters" discussion. If you intend to draw the conclusion that Hantuchova is somehow racist, I'll ask you to prove it. If not, then quit changing the subject.

You keep talking about race. Whatīs wrong with you?! Iīm black myself, I know what rascism means.....do u think Iīll go out and do the same thing?!

persond
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:57 PM

What...??? Are you one of those "negatively obsessed" Williams haters...??? Surely, not every player has the talent to be No.1, but, you should at least expect them to live up to their potential, don't you agree...??? Again, I think the question is, is Dani fulfilling her potential...???

Albireo
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:59 PM
Hahahaa.....whatever. I read it somewhere, but I donīt remember the exact site. In the end it doesnīt matter anyways because: She wasnīt rather for Venus nor did Venus have to play her best to beat her.

Changing the subject again. And "I read it somewhere" doesn't exactly boost your credibility.

spooky
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:02 PM

So you are trying to say that she should have played in the US Open with an injured knee. I guess you wanted to see that because you would have rejoiced if she had played and lost. Then the US Open winner would not have an * next to her name. Who do you think you are trying to fool? Because without a sister in the Open there's really no competition. Now you trip over your own IQ.

persond
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:02 PM

Honey, it's that "Williams Curse", and there are plenty of other players who've fallen prey to the curse...Spirlea, Hingis, Cap...well, you get the point...!!!

-Ph51-
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:03 PM
I think Kim was really superior today.And also,Dani is the shadow of what she was last year!

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:03 PM
Changing the subject again. And "I read it somewhere" doesn't exactly boost your credibility.

Point remains that the girl ainīt playing up to her abilities.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:05 PM
So you are trying to say that she should have played in the US Open with an injured knee. I guess you wanted to see that because you would have rejoiced if she had played and lost. Then the US Open winner would not have an * next to her name. Who do you think you are trying to fool? Because without a sister in the Open there's really no competition. Now you trip over your own IQ.

Albireo
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:06 PM
You keep talking about race. Whatīs wrong with you?! Iīm black myself, I know what rascism means.....do u think Iīll go out and do the same thing?!

I don't keep talking about race. You're the one who continually makes every comment you make about Hantuchova into some imagined slight against the Williamses. It always comes back to "here's this white girl the media held up as a challenge to the Williamses"-- in spite of the fact that we already discussed the idea of not blaming the player for the hype the media gives her.

And yes, racism breeds further racism. That's why it won't die as it should have centuries ago.

spooky
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:07 PM

Dani did say that.

spooky
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:08 PM

It was in one of those interview that they do after every match and it was at a grand slam. I can't remember which one.

sartrista7
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:12 PM
Honey, it's that "Williams Curse", and there are plenty of other players who've fallen prey to the curse...Spirlea, Hingis, Cap...well, you get the point...!!!

!!!!!!!

GM just got that bit more moronic.

Albireo
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:12 PM
It was in one of those interview that they do after every match and it was at a grand slam. I can't remember which one.

How convenient.

persond
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:14 PM

Pardon me, but, in what states or country are you licensed to practice medicine...??? Surely, from you statements, you're no less than an Orthopedic Surgeon, specializing in knee surgery...!!!

persond
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:24 PM
!!!!!!!

GM just got that bit more moronic.

And yet, your azz is still lurking around here...!!! :tape: :tape:

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:26 PM
I don't keep talking about race. You're the one who continually makes every comment you make about Hantuchova into some imagined slight against the Williamses. It always comes back to "here's this white girl the media held up as a challenge to the Williamses"-- in spite of the fact that we already discussed the idea of not blaming the player for the hype the media gives her.

And yes, racism breeds further racism. That's why it won't die as it should have centuries ago.

But I donīt promote rascism. As you see the girl did say it.....but it is still sad that she isnīt living up her potential.

Sure she isnīt as good as the sisters, but she should at least be winning some titles..heck anna Pistolesi has more titles this year than Dani has in her whole career.

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:30 PM
Hantuchova DID say that Venus had to play unbelievable to beat her, which is totally ludicrous. I don't know why she said it. Venus only needs 70% to beat Dani.

tfannis
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:38 PM
:lol: :lol: ! What a non-sense....if the girl is playing like crap, she is. Nothing I can do about that. In a sense Iīm DISAPPOINTED to see her like this! since when is a hater disappointed to see a player lose?!

Oh sure now you're disappointed :lol: Ask any Danifan how convincing that is :rolleyes:
Whenever you're attacked, whenever you're called a hater...you come up with 'disappointed' and 'respect'...but for someone banned SEVERAL times...that's crap...we all know it..and you know it while writing it.
Read Beggin' Beguine's post again...and learn how transparent you are :) A hooligan, a hater...and you don't even bother to hide it :tape:

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:39 PM
Hantuchova DID say that Venus had to play unbelievable to beat her, which is totally ludicrous. I don't know why she said it. Venus only needs 70% to beat Dani.

GermanBoy
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:40 PM
I don`t understand why you all are surprised. :confused: Hantuchova is just a shadow of former times. Look at her, she is so skinny! There is no power left to hit the ball. :rolleyes:

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:40 PM
Oh sure now you're disappointed :lol: Ask any Danifan how convincing that is :rolleyes:
Whenever you're attacked, whenever you're called a hater...you come up with 'disappointed' and 'respect'...but for someone banned SEVERAL times...that's crap...we all know it..and you know it while writing it.
Read Beggin' Beguine's post again...and learn how transparent you are :) A hooligan, a hater...and you don't even bother to hide it :tape:

Banned?! Hater?! Hooligan?!

Grow up!

GermanBoy
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:42 PM
Venus only needs 70% to beat Dani.

70 %? :confused: Isn`t that too much? :lol: All top players only need 40 - 50 % to beat Hantuchova at the moment. :rolleyes:

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:45 PM
70 %? :confused: Isn`t that too much? :lol: All top players only need 40 - 50 % to beat Hantuchova at the moment. :rolleyes:

True, I guess I meant at the time.(AO 2003)

tfannis
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:47 PM
Banned?! Hater?! Hooligan?!

Grow up!

Err lol...you finally got to the ? and the ! :lol: That's when you're desperate :p ooooh so transparent :tape:

Banned! Hater! Hooligan!...That's you on this board in three words indeed :)

You in some more words? Here you go :)

Albireo
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:49 PM
Hantuchova DID say that Venus had to play unbelievable to beat her, which is totally ludicrous. I don't know why she said it.

Show me the quote and the source. A comment like that would be extremely out of character.

sartrista7
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:53 PM
Show me the quote and the source. A comment like that would be extremely out of character.

They're not going to, because obviously whatever Daniela said along those lines was in fact perfectly innocuous, and they just like to pretend that everyone's out to get the Williams sisters :rolleyes:

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:54 PM
Err lol...you finally got to the ? and the ! :lol: That's when you're desperate :p ooooh so transparent :tape:

Banned! Hater! Hooligan!...That's you on this board in three words indeed :)

You in some more words? Here you go :)

Whatever....your opinion doesnīt really matter to me anyway.

tfannis
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:01 PM
Whatever....your opinion doesnīt really matter to me anyway.

I'm glad to hear that :lol: It means my opinion is just too good for you :p :tape:

Sleep tight...tomorrow is another day....and who knows..maybe Kim, Justine,...will lose...and I'm sure we'll be hearing of you then...:eek: your moments of glory, your moments to shine...oh..and to be 'disappointed' ;)

:wavey:

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:03 PM
O ye of little faith. Here's the interview.

INTERVIEW (January, 21st, 2003) Australian Open - Quarterfinal
D. Hantuchova vs V. Williams 4/6, 3/6

Q. What was the difference compared to last year's match against Venus?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, I think it was a much higher level than last year. I think Venus came out today playing unbelievable. I think that's what she needed today to beat me. She did it. All the credit to the way she played today. I mean, I had my chances today, too. You know, today she was just better.

Q. What was it like facing that serve today?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: I mean, that serve was incredible. I mean, you know, you feel like you have your chances, and somebody serves like 200 Ks an hour, there's not much you can do about. I think the serve really help her today. I mean, I had my chances on her serve, too. But, you know, any time I felt like I was going to break her or something, she just served unbelievable. I think that made the difference, that my serve was not as hard as hers, and she was getting some easy points on hers.

Q. As much as that, you did break her. Was it you not playing big points as well as you needed to?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Definitely I felt like I had my chances, even though she was playing really well. That gives me confidence that today I think she had to play, you know, one of her best matches to beat me, and she did it. I haven't seen her playing that well, you know, for the last matches. Today she just came out and was hitting the ball really hard. For sure, I mean, if I would maybe make the lob, that would have made a difference being 5-All in the first set. Yeah, sure, I had my chances, and I just didn't use them.

Q. What kind of improvements do you think you have to have in your game to beat her?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, I think right now it's all about power because I think my tennis is there, but it's just sometimes so fast that I can't do anything about it, I mean, especially the serve. Yeah, I think I have to improve the speed of my serve, being even more faster. You know, using those chances that I had today.

Q. Do you do much weight work? Is that something that needs to be done to improve the speed?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Sure, I do the weight work, too. This match has showed me I have to work even harder on it. I mean, I'm really glad this match showed me what I have to improve, what I have to work on. Hopefully next time it's going to be better.

Q. When you were playing so well in the second set and you were able to stay 3-All, you were broken, was that sort of a disappointment? You looked at your coach.

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yeah. I think it was such a great rally, and I just needed to finish it. It was such an easy point, I was disappointed that I missed it. But I never thought that the match was over. I always fight till the last point. Until we shake the hands, the match is never over. I was always hoping to get my chances. But, you know, with that serve, I couldn't have done much.

Q. How close were you today to playing your best tennis, do you think?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, I think, sure, there was room, too, to go up a few gears. Overall I think I was, you know, not playing my best, sure, but I was happy the way I was hitting the ball. Maybe I should have made more first serves, that would have make a little bit, you know, difficult for her. But otherwise, I mean, I was happy the way I was hitting the ball. I made few, you know, easy mistakes that against a player like that I can't do that. But, you know, first time being here in the quarterfinal, it's great. The Williams sisters are the only ones that I have lost on a Grand Slams in the last year. I mean, also Monica. Otherwise, only the Williams sisters. So that gives me a lot of confidence that in the other matches when I was the favorite, I won all of them. Overall, I'm pretty happy how I played here.

Q. When the crowd started calling balls out in the first set, did that distract you?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: No. I enjoy playing so much here because the crowd is really great. They get really into the match. I think, you know, playing out there on Rod Laver, it's always great because the atmosphere is really special. I really love playing in front of an Australian crowd.

Q. Who is your favorite now for the title?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Boy, it's really difficult to say. I mean, in tennis you never know. I mean, every match is different. Obviously, the Williams sisters are big favorites. If Venus plays like she played today, I think she's got a really good chance to win it. You know, there is still Kim and Justine and many others. At the moment, it's really hard to say.

Q. Can anybody beat her if she's serving consistently well at that speed?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: I mean, she's got the ability. She's so big. She's got so much power. I don't see any reasons why she can't do that. That's pretty scary. But, you know, I was glad that even though she served hard at some stages, I was able to get the return back.

Q. What do you do to relax when you're not playing tennis?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: I mean, I always like to do something. Either it's doing another sport like skiing, swimming, whatever. When I'm home, spending as much time as possible with my family.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:09 PM

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, I think it was a much higher level than last year. I think Venus came out today playing unbelievable. I think that's what she needed today to beat me. She did it. All the credit to the way she played today. I mean, I had my chances today, too. You know, today she was just better.

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: I mean, that serve was incredible. I mean, you know, you feel like you have your chances, and somebody serves like 200 Ks an hour, there's not much you can do about. I think the serve really help her today. I mean, I had my chances on her serve, too. But, you know, any time I felt like I was going to break her or something, she just served unbelievable. I think that made the difference, that my serve was not as hard as hers, and she was getting some easy points on hers.

Q. As much as that, you did break her. Was it you not playing big points as well as you needed to?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Definitely I felt like I had my chances, even though she was playing really well. That gives me confidence that today I think she had to play, you know, one of her best matches to beat me, and she did it. I haven't seen her playing that well, you know, for the last matches. Today she just came out and was hitting the ball really hard. For sure, I mean, if I would maybe make the lob, that would have made a difference being 5-All in the first set. Yeah, sure, I had my chances, and I just didn't use them.

Q. What kind of improvements do you think you have to have in your game to beat her?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, I think right now it's all about power because I think my tennis is there, but it's just sometimes so fast that I can't do anything about it, I mean, especially the serve. Yeah, I think I have to improve the speed of my serve, being even more faster. You know, using those chances that I had today.

Q. Do you do much weight work? Is that something that needs to be done to improve the speed?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Sure, I do the weight work, too. This match has showed me I have to work even harder on it. I mean, I'm really glad this match showed me what I have to improve, what I have to work on. Hopefully next time it's going to be better.

Q. When you were playing so well in the second set and you were able to stay 3-All, you were broken, was that sort of a disappointment? You looked at your coach.

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yeah. I think it was such a great rally, and I just needed to finish it. It was such an easy point, I was disappointed that I missed it. But I never thought that the match was over. I always fight till the last point. Until we shake the hands, the match is never over. I was always hoping to get my chances. But, you know, with that serve, I couldn't have done much.

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, I think, sure, there was room, too, to go up a few gears. Overall I think I was, you know, not playing my best, sure, but I was happy the way I was hitting the ball. Maybe I should have made more first serves, that would have make a little bit, you know, difficult for her. But otherwise, I mean, I was happy the way I was hitting the ball. I made few, you know, easy mistakes that against a player like that I can't do that. But, you know, first time being here in the quarterfinal, it's great. The Williams sisters are the only ones that I have lost on a Grand Slams in the last year. I mean, also Monica. Otherwise, only the Williams sisters. So that gives me a lot of confidence that in the other matches when I was the favorite, I won all of them. Overall, I'm pretty happy how I played here.

Q. When the crowd started calling balls out in the first set, did that distract you?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: No. I enjoy playing so much here because the crowd is really great. They get really into the match. I think, you know, playing out there on Rod Laver, it's always great because the atmosphere is really special. I really love playing in front of an Australian crowd.

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Boy, it's really difficult to say. I mean, in tennis you never know. I mean, every match is different. Obviously, the Williams sisters are big favorites. If Venus plays like she played today, I think she's got a really good chance to win it. You know, there is still Kim and Justine and many others. At the moment, it's really hard to say.

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: I mean, she's got the ability. She's so big. She's got so much power. I don't see any reasons why she can't do that. That's pretty scary. But, you know, I was glad that even though she served hard at some stages, I was able to get the return back.

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: I mean, I always like to do something. Either it's doing another sport like skiing, swimming, whatever. When I'm home, spending as much time as possible with my family.

I knew it, I knew it.....I was looking a match too early! Knizzle you are the best!

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:10 PM
I'm glad to hear that :lol: It means my opinion is just too good for you :p :tape:

Sleep tight...tomorrow is another day....and who knows..maybe Kim, Justine,...will lose...and I'm sure we'll be hearing of you then...:eek: your moments of glory, your moments to shine...oh..and to be 'disappointed' ;)

:wavey:

Sure. No worry, I still think youīre cool!

Albireo
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:13 PM

Thank you. And it still bears no relation to what Bandabou said, which was that Hantuchova claimed that Venus "would have to play her best in order to even have a chance" (paraphrase) against her. In fact, this interview was taken after the match. So rather than being an overly-cocky prediction (as Bandabou implied), it was a compliment to Venus, that Hantuchova felt she played very well and Venus played superbly.

If you want to look for shades of meaning to demonstate that Hantuchova was being arrogant or some such, be my guest. I have a hard time interpreting any of this as anything but a tribute to how well Venus played.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:16 PM
Thank you. And it still bears no relation to what Bandabou said, which was that Hantuchova claimed that Venus "would have to play her best in order to even have a chance" (paraphrase) against her. In fact, this interview was taken after the match. So rather than being an overly-cocky prediction (as Bandabou implied), it was a compliment to Venus, that Hantuchova felt she played very well and Venus played superbly.

If you want to look for shades of meaning to demonstate that Hantuchova was being arrogant or some such, be my guest. I have a hard time interpreting any of this as anything but a tribute to how well Venus played.

Sure, sure....either it is half-full or half- empty. You lost, admit it!

You can also read that because Venus played her best she defeated me!

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:18 PM

No, it wasn't a prediction, but she said Venus needed to play unbelievable to beat her that day which to me means that if Venus didn't play unbelievable that Venus wouldn't have won.

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:22 PM
Here's what Venus thought about the way she played LOL!!

V. WILLIAMS/D. Hantuchova
6-4, 6-3

Q. You haven't played one preparation tournament, yet you're in the semifinals without dropping one set. What's the recipe?
VENUS WILLIAMS: I did get here a little early. I arrived on Wednesday. I practiced hard. I really didn't want to lose. Maybe that's the recipe.

Q. When did you play last such a good match?
VENUS WILLIAMS: You think it was good?
I think I had a lot of errors. I think also that Daniela didn't play her best. I think she wanted to play better, for sure.
But I think in general, maybe it was my better match of this tournament. But, of course, I'm my best critic, I'm always looking for the things that I can do better after each match, unless it was perfect. So that's probably why I see it like that.

Q. What did you think when you served the 201 kilometer an hour serve?
VENUS WILLIAMS: I didn't even know I served it. I was getting ready for the next serve, then I saw it.
I guess the times that I serve the hardest is when I'm not trying. I haven't even tried to break my record. Back when I was serving really big, I had the 205, I was always trying to serve really hard. So this tournament I did decide that I'm going to start trying to do that again.
Nowadays, I just go for placement and, of course, power. I mean, when I hit it, it just kind of comes that fast. Now I'm going to start trying to see if I can serve it even bigger than the record.

Q. What lesson did you take from last year?
VENUS WILLIAMS: From last year?

Q. Playing her.
VENUS WILLIAMS: Oh, well, I guess a lesson I could have taken is that she was a very good player. But I played her a handful of times. I think this match was just really different from the last one, for sure.

Q. Assuming you would meet Justine Henin in the semifinals, you've beaten her six times, lost one time. How do you feel about her as a player, opponent?
VENUS WILLIAMS: I hated that one loss. I always remember the losses more than the wins. So I guess I'll keep that in mind when I play the next one.
I always remember the scores, you know, the pain. But I think she's playing really well. I didn't see any of the last match. But I was on the doubles court, and they show the scores of the matches on the changeovers. The crowd would go, "Ooh," gasp, because it was 6-6, 7-6. It looked really exciting.

Q. Have you ever been in a match like that?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Hmm, yes, I have. Those aren't easy, especially if you lose it.

Q. Did those out calls bother you from the crowd in that first set, when she started calling your shots long?
VENUS WILLIAMS: I just think in the middle of a point when the crowd starts to be a bit noisy, it's best just to focus on your shot and not to worry if the ball was really in or out. Obviously, I can't call the lines for me or against me.
I'd like to think they were in, but I suppose maybe some of them were in or out. I don't know.

Q. Will you watch the game tonight?
VENUS WILLIAMS: They don't seem to show it on TV, so I guess I won't be able to.

Q. You never do that?
VENUS WILLIAMS: If they show the match, if I have time. In general, I like to watch women's tennis a lot, everyone at home, no matter what player it is.

Q. Do you learn something from watching it?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Well, I try to. (Inaudible) learn anything.

Q. You ready to beat the sister?
VENUS WILLIAMS: I assume it's Serena, right (smiling)?
Long way from that still. I mean, the semifinals is a very important point in a Grand Slam, for sure. Whoever I do play, it will be very important for me to focus on that match and just to keep improving. The thing I was happy with today was most of my errors that I was making were long, out, not in the net. When it's in the net, it bothers me. I don't like that.

Q. You have one match between your singles match and the doubles match you're going to play. What will you do in between?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Eat, stretch, tape, play.

Q. Do you tape between matches?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Yes.

Q. Where was the 205?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Zurich, long time ago, '98. Back then I was really always trying like to serve faster. After that, I just tapered off. I was always going for placement. Forgot to serve faster.

Q. Did you serve any more over 200?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Yeah. But then in the States, the clock is different. I guess it's about 123, something like that.

Q. Are you more determined, more focused to win a Grand Slam this year as you were last year or is there no difference?
VENUS WILLIAMS: As I was last year? Sure, always. But I think the players who are winning the Grand Slams are the ones who play the points at the right time, who are the bravest, who aren't afraid to make a mistake. That's what I have to be.

Q. If you make it to the final, would you prefer to play your sister again or would you prefer Kim Clijsters?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Serena.

Q. Serena?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Yeah. Sorry. I'm playing favorites.

Q. How does Mark help you as a hitting partner?
VENUS WILLIAMS: He's really consistent. He doesn't miss a lot. Especially if I have to play before a match -- not play, but practice, warm up before a match, then I have to have anything perfect. I don't want anything missing. I want the ball coming exactly how I want it to come. He's quite good at that. He's motivated. He's on time when I'm late. It's great.

Q. You're not wearing your necklace anymore.
VENUS WILLIAMS: I don't feel like it, so I didn't. I didn't bring a lot of good ones. I can't seem to find them anymore.

Q. You said the other day that you're a little bit more sure of your path off the court than Serena, that Serena was maybe more exploring her options a little bit more. On the court last year she couldn't have been more focused or dynamic. Do you think there's any validity in that, that that helped her be No. 1 last year, and maybe you just went off the boil a tiny bit?

VENUS WILLIAMS: I don't quite understand the question.
Q. The fact that you were getting more of your life in order off the court, the fact that she was more focused on the court. Do you think there's any explanation there?
VENUS WILLIAMS: No, I think that had nothing to do with it. She just was too good. Everyone tried to take her down; no one could do it.

Q. What do you think of your opponent today in view of her improvement? Were you looking for more opposition than what you received?
VENUS WILLIAMS: I've seen her play a few matches here, plus I've played her, so I knew what to expect.
I just didn't want to go out there rushing my shots. Sometimes I can do that, start to make errors. But I don't think she did anything that I didn't expect, no.

Q. You hit so many shots, of course it's hard to remember one. You had a forehand return in the seventh game of the second set that set up a breakpoint. Do you recall that one?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Yeah.

Q. She couldn't even move and the point was over.
VENUS WILLIAMS: Yeah, I just took that one from Serena, I think. She hits that a lot.
I think at that point I just wasn't thinking about it too much. I just hit the shot instead of trying to analyze it so much beforehand. That works a lot better. It was nice.

Q. Do you normally try to analyze shots before you hit them?
VENUS WILLIAMS: If I'm not playing so well, I do a lot. When I'm playing very well, I just play tennis.

Q. So was this your best return on a first serve?

Q. Would there be no relief whatsoever to have to play in the final against somebody who is not your sister?
VENUS WILLIAMS: No relief?

Q. Yes.
VENUS WILLIAMS: As far as?

Q. I don't know. In terms of psychological terms, not having to play your sister in the final.
VENUS WILLIAMS: Relief? I'm trying to understand the question. I never felt a relief.

Q. Would it be easier maybe psychologically if you had to play somebody who was not Serena, even though you would like to see your sister in the final?
VENUS WILLIAMS: I never really think of it that way. More than anything, I'm just trying to survive myself. Honestly, if I don't make it there, then what's the point? I'm just really trying to get there myself. Once I do get there, obviously I look at it that way.
Hopefully I'll be in the final.

Q. Do you have any time to focus on your design company?
VENUS WILLIAMS: No. In fact, I don't think about it. I have to focus on the tennis. Fortunately I don't have to, and everything's going on at home. I'll have to read my e-mail and see if anything bad happened, but I don't think so.

Q. Does the tennis (inaudible) design?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Design? I think it's kind of an art form.

Albireo
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:23 PM
You lost, admit it!

You can also read that because Venus played her best she defeated me!

Lost? Hardly. You're still looking for imagined insults against your favorites, Bandabou. It staggers me that in an interview in which Hantuchova all but elevates Venus to goddess-hood, you still insist on picking out a few words, interpreting them in some way that only you understand, and turning it into a diss.

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, Bandabou, but I'm starting to understand why the term "hater" keeps being applied to you.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:24 PM
Here's what Venus thought about the way she played LOL!!

V. WILLIAMS/D. Hantuchova
6-4, 6-3

Q. You haven't played one preparation tournament, yet you're in the semifinals without dropping one set. What's the recipe?
VENUS WILLIAMS: I did get here a little early. I arrived on Wednesday. I practiced hard. I really didn't want to lose. Maybe that's the recipe.

Q. When did you play last such a good match?
VENUS WILLIAMS: You think it was good?
I think I had a lot of errors. I think also that Daniela didn't play her best. I think she wanted to play better, for sure.
But I think in general, maybe it was my better match of this tournament. But, of course, I'm my best critic, I'm always looking for the things that I can do better after each match, unless it was perfect. So that's probably why I see it like that.

Q. What did you think when you served the 201 kilometer an hour serve?
VENUS WILLIAMS: I didn't even know I served it. I was getting ready for the next serve, then I saw it.
I guess the times that I serve the hardest is when I'm not trying. I haven't even tried to break my record. Back when I was serving really big, I had the 205, I was always trying to serve really hard. So this tournament I did decide that I'm going to start trying to do that again.
Nowadays, I just go for placement and, of course, power. I mean, when I hit it, it just kind of comes that fast. Now I'm going to start trying to see if I can serve it even bigger than the record.

Q. What lesson did you take from last year?
VENUS WILLIAMS: From last year?

Q. Playing her.
VENUS WILLIAMS: Oh, well, I guess a lesson I could have taken is that she was a very good player. But I played her a handful of times. I think this match was just really different from the last one, for sure.

Q. Assuming you would meet Justine Henin in the semifinals, you've beaten her six times, lost one time. How do you feel about her as a player, opponent?
VENUS WILLIAMS: I hated that one loss. I always remember the losses more than the wins. So I guess I'll keep that in mind when I play the next one.
I always remember the scores, you know, the pain. But I think she's playing really well. I didn't see any of the last match. But I was on the doubles court, and they show the scores of the matches on the changeovers. The crowd would go, "Ooh," gasp, because it was 6-6, 7-6. It looked really exciting.

Q. Have you ever been in a match like that?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Hmm, yes, I have. Those aren't easy, especially if you lose it.

Q. Did those out calls bother you from the crowd in that first set, when she started calling your shots long?
VENUS WILLIAMS: I just think in the middle of a point when the crowd starts to be a bit noisy, it's best just to focus on your shot and not to worry if the ball was really in or out. Obviously, I can't call the lines for me or against me.
I'd like to think they were in, but I suppose maybe some of them were in or out. I don't know.

Q. Will you watch the game tonight?
VENUS WILLIAMS: They don't seem to show it on TV, so I guess I won't be able to.

Q. You never do that?
VENUS WILLIAMS: If they show the match, if I have time. In general, I like to watch women's tennis a lot, everyone at home, no matter what player it is.

Q. Do you learn something from watching it?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Well, I try to. (Inaudible) learn anything.

Q. You ready to beat the sister?
VENUS WILLIAMS: I assume it's Serena, right (smiling)?
Long way from that still. I mean, the semifinals is a very important point in a Grand Slam, for sure. Whoever I do play, it will be very important for me to focus on that match and just to keep improving. The thing I was happy with today was most of my errors that I was making were long, out, not in the net. When it's in the net, it bothers me. I don't like that.

Q. You have one match between your singles match and the doubles match you're going to play. What will you do in between?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Eat, stretch, tape, play.

Q. Do you tape between matches?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Yes.

Q. Where was the 205?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Zurich, long time ago, '98. Back then I was really always trying like to serve faster. After that, I just tapered off. I was always going for placement. Forgot to serve faster.

Q. Did you serve any more over 200?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Yeah. But then in the States, the clock is different. I guess it's about 123, something like that.

Q. Are you more determined, more focused to win a Grand Slam this year as you were last year or is there no difference?
VENUS WILLIAMS: As I was last year? Sure, always. But I think the players who are winning the Grand Slams are the ones who play the points at the right time, who are the bravest, who aren't afraid to make a mistake. That's what I have to be.

Q. If you make it to the final, would you prefer to play your sister again or would you prefer Kim Clijsters?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Serena.

Q. Serena?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Yeah. Sorry. I'm playing favorites.

Q. How does Mark help you as a hitting partner?
VENUS WILLIAMS: He's really consistent. He doesn't miss a lot. Especially if I have to play before a match -- not play, but practice, warm up before a match, then I have to have anything perfect. I don't want anything missing. I want the ball coming exactly how I want it to come. He's quite good at that. He's motivated. He's on time when I'm late. It's great.

Q. You're not wearing your necklace anymore.
VENUS WILLIAMS: I don't feel like it, so I didn't. I didn't bring a lot of good ones. I can't seem to find them anymore.

Q. You said the other day that you're a little bit more sure of your path off the court than Serena, that Serena was maybe more exploring her options a little bit more. On the court last year she couldn't have been more focused or dynamic. Do you think there's any validity in that, that that helped her be No. 1 last year, and maybe you just went off the boil a tiny bit?

VENUS WILLIAMS: I don't quite understand the question.
Q. The fact that you were getting more of your life in order off the court, the fact that she was more focused on the court. Do you think there's any explanation there?
VENUS WILLIAMS: No, I think that had nothing to do with it. She just was too good. Everyone tried to take her down; no one could do it.

Q. What do you think of your opponent today in view of her improvement? Were you looking for more opposition than what you received?
VENUS WILLIAMS: I've seen her play a few matches here, plus I've played her, so I knew what to expect.
I just didn't want to go out there rushing my shots. Sometimes I can do that, start to make errors. But I don't think she did anything that I didn't expect, no.

Q. You hit so many shots, of course it's hard to remember one. You had a forehand return in the seventh game of the second set that set up a breakpoint. Do you recall that one?

Q. She couldn't even move and the point was over.
VENUS WILLIAMS: Yeah, I just took that one from Serena, I think. She hits that a lot.
I think at that point I just wasn't thinking about it too much. I just hit the shot instead of trying to analyze it so much beforehand. That works a lot better. It was nice.

Q. Do you normally try to analyze shots before you hit them?
VENUS WILLIAMS: If I'm not playing so well, I do a lot. When I'm playing very well, I just play tennis.

Q. So was this your best return on a first serve?

Q. Would there be no relief whatsoever to have to play in the final against somebody who is not your sister?
VENUS WILLIAMS: No relief?

Q. Yes.
VENUS WILLIAMS: As far as?

Q. I don't know. In terms of psychological terms, not having to play your sister in the final.
VENUS WILLIAMS: Relief? I'm trying to understand the question. I never felt a relief.

Q. Would it be easier maybe psychologically if you had to play somebody who was not Serena, even though you would like to see your sister in the final?
VENUS WILLIAMS: I never really think of it that way. More than anything, I'm just trying to survive myself. Honestly, if I don't make it there, then what's the point? I'm just really trying to get there myself. Once I do get there, obviously I look at it that way.
Hopefully I'll be in the final.

Q. Do you have any time to focus on your design company?
VENUS WILLIAMS: No. In fact, I don't think about it. I have to focus on the tennis. Fortunately I don't have to, and everything's going on at home. I'll have to read my e-mail and see if anything bad happened, but I don't think so.

Q. Does the tennis (inaudible) design?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Design? I think it's kind of an art form.

Stop, stop youīre killing them! :haha: :smash:

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:27 PM
Lost? Hardly. You're still looking for imagined insults against your favorites, Bandabou. It staggers me that in an interview in which Hantuchova all but elevates Venus to goddess-hood, you still insist on picking out a few words, interpreting them in some way that only you understand, and turning it into a diss.

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, Bandabou, but I'm starting to understand why the term "hater" keeps being applied to you.

Come on, come on! You can do better than that! Now that Iīve proven you that Dani DID take shots at the Williams, you wanna call me a hater?!

The girl said that I think that because I played well today, Venus had to play her best to beat me! Who does she think she is?!

That wasnīt even a half Venus!

Albireo
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:38 PM
Come on, come on! You can do better than that! Now that Iīve proven you that Dani DID take shots at the Williams, you wanna call me a hater?!

Apparently, in your zeal to find a flaw in Hantuchova's comments, you never read the rest of the interview. Somehow, in all the praise for Venus, you manage to read what you want to read-- a diss-- in a comment that was intended as a compliment.

The girl said that I think that because I played well today, Venus had to play her best to beat me!

Your interpretation, which as usual is looking for negativity. If Hantuchova said that she herself didn't play well, you'd have ripped her for not giving Venus enough credit.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:47 PM
Apparently, in your zeal to find a flaw in Hantuchova's comments, you never read the rest of the interview. Somehow, in all the praise for Venus, you manage to read what you want to read-- a diss-- in a comment that was intended as a compliment.

Your interpretation, which as usual is looking for negativity. If Hantuchova said that she herself didn't play well, you'd have ripped her for not giving Venus enough credit.

The thing is it doesnīt matter how DANIELA plays, itīs all how VENUS plays. Thatīs what Daniela had to know in the first place.....that the match never really was hers to lose in the first place.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:48 PM

Besides...now that the quote has been found it is all complementary and good?! Pluuzzz!

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:50 PM

I don't know what Bandabou previously said because this is a long thread, however the statement that Dani made could only be interpreted one way IMO and that is that if Venus wasn't on the top of her game then she would have lost that day. Dani did praise the way Venus played, but she was putting limitations on the abilities of her opponent. I could see maybe if she was playing a player ranked just inside the top 100, but she was playing Venus.

bracey
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Fact is, I think Williams could easily have played the US Open on adrenaline alone and that her decision to opt for surgery is baffling. If she loved the competition so much, she'd have played it and modified her schedule in order to fit it in.

I would not have rejoiced at a defeat because I'm above hating individuals.

I'm qualified for synovial joint reparations in the EU, thanks for asking PersonD

Oh, and Spooky, I find it awfully ignorant of you to say there is no competition without the Williams', it's a complete fabrication from the truth and you know it.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:56 PM
I don't know what Bandabou previously said because this is a long thread, however the statement that Dani made could only be interpreted one way IMO and that is that if Venus wasn't on the top of her game then she would have lost that day. Dani did praise the way Venus played, but she was putting limitations on the abilities of her opponent. I could see maybe if she was playing a player ranked just inside the top 100, but she was playing Venus.

Exactly.....how does she know that that was the best Venus?!

Car Key Boi
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:57 PM
how is Dani H looking these days? does she still have a weight/eating disorder blah?

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:57 PM
Fact is, I think Williams could easily have played the US Open on adrenaline alone and that her decision to opt for surgery is baffling. If she loved the competition so much, she'd have played it and modified her schedule in order to fit it in.

I would not have rejoiced at a defeat because I'm above hating individuals.

I'm qualified for synovial joint reparations in the EU, thanks for asking PersonD

Oh, and Spooky, I find it awfully ignorant of you to say there is no competition without the Williams', it's a complete fabrication from the truth and you know it.

She already was playing with pain during Wimbledon. So much that not even her normal medication wasnīt working against the pain!

bracey
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:59 PM
Given the fact that knee surgery is an arduous affair, Williams should have undergone a series of cortisone injections in order to play at US.

maryjane
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:04 PM
i think kim has the guts...:bigclap:

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:04 PM
Given the fact that knee surgery is an arduous affair, Williams should have undergone a series of cortisone injections in order to play at US.

On your knee?! The situation must have been too much for her to bear. Again the Open is her best slam, I donīt think she would have missed it...if she could have avoided it.

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:05 PM

I thought cortisone was for nerve problems. Serena had a tear didn't she??

ptkten
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:05 PM
I fail to see what is wrong with Daniela's quote or what this whole argument is about.

Albireo
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:06 PM

You'll have to accept that I don't read the interview the same as you, because I have to disagree.

And we could split hairs over the interpretation of a press conference all day, which would get us nowhere. I have better things to do than to try to change a mind as closed as Bandabou's. Hantuchova has said on countless occasions that she has great respect for the Williamses, and that she knows that she has to work extremely hard to get to their level of play. In my mind, that is a more reliable indicator of her feelings toward them as opponents than any few randomly-selected and misconstruable comments excerpted from a press conference. She acknowledges them as the standard to which she aspires. That should be enough for anyone, except those who want to somehow create an imaginary spat between players who respect each other-- especially when the players involved are known for their humility, rather than for arrogance.

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:08 PM
You'll have to accept that I don't read the interview the same as you, because I have to disagree.

And we could split hairs over the interpretation of a press conference all day, which would get us nowhere. I have better things to do than to try to change a mind as closed as Bandabou's. Hantuchova has said on countless occasions that she has great respect for the Williamses, and that she knows that she has to work extremely hard to get to their level of play. In my mind, that is a more reliable indicator of her feelings toward them as opponents than any few randomly-selected and misconstruable comments excerpted from a press conference. She acknowledges them as the standard to which she aspires. That should be enough for anyone, except those who want to somehow create an imaginary spat between players who respect each other-- especially when the players involved are known for their humility, rather than for arrogance.

What is your interpretation of the statement.

Albireo
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:11 PM

Yes-- I think a slight tear of the MCL, IIRC. Did she get it from practice, or was it some fluke thing?

bracey
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:12 PM

Cortisone works on any part of the body for easing pain (so obviously it's on the nerves), it's pefectly legal. It makes the fluids more viscous and the membrane remains efficient at secreting the fluids without irritation and the prevention of the bones thus grinding together.

Captain.Canada
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Daniela is a good player she's just having issues right now and I'm sure she'll bounce back.

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Cortisone works on any part of the body for easing pain (so obviously it's on the nerves), it's pefectly legal. It makes the fluids more viscous and the membrane remains efficient at secreting the fluids without irritation and the prevention of the bones thus grinding together.

I think if that's what the best option was, Serena would have done anything to play and keep her #1 ranking and defend the US Open. I think her doctor wanted to fix the problem before it got worse. She has been playing with it since at least February.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:16 PM

Donīt even act like itīs only me who felt that way about the comments...but of course you being a Dani-fan want to downplay them.

Iīd do that too, when she couldnīt back them up.

bracey
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:16 PM
It would have worsened the problem by about 6 extra weeks out but if it means getting USO, it should have been taken.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:18 PM
I think if that's what the best option was, Serena would have done anything to play and keep her #1 ranking and defend the US Open. I think her doctor wanted to fix the problem before it got worse. She has been playing with it since at least February.

Exactly..since Scottsdale and she had to play through it during Wimbledon, but it was getting worse and worse.

But this fella doesnīt want to understand that if there was another way that Serena wouldnīt have had surgery....remember that she LOVES the Open.

bracey
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:20 PM
Exactly..since Scottsdale and she had to play through it during Wimbledon, but it was getting worse and worse.

But this fella doesnīt want to understand that if there was another way that Serena wouldnīt have had surgery....remember that she LOVES the Open.

Did she love it enough to exacerbate her injury??

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:20 PM
It would have worsened the problem by about 6 extra weeks out but if it means getting USO, it should have been taken.

I guarantee if Serena could have played and then took the fall season off(which she is doing anyway) she would have.

bracey
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:23 PM
I guarantee if Serena could have played and then took the fall season off(which she is doing anyway) she would have.

Ok, I completely respect your opinion but I obviously feel differently and just think she could have gone that extra mile.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:26 PM
Did she love it enough to exacerbate her injury??

But she was already playing at least 5 months and in articles her doctor was saying that medication wasnīt helping anymore.

If a DOCTOR says that....who are we to argue?!

*JR*
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:30 PM
I noticed something on the WTA site OTHER than the score that's a sad commentary on whatever Dani's current issues may be: 1 Clijsters 6 6

Hantuchova 1 1
In other words, Dani not even being a seeded player anymore, even with an injury depleted "active roster" this fall. :sad:

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:37 PM
I noticed something on the WTA site OTHER than the score that's a sad commentary on whatever Dani's current issues may be: In other words, Dani not even being a seeded player anymore, even with an injury depleted "active roster" this fall. :sad:

Exactly...and that for a player who was as high as no.5 before IW!

bracey
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:40 PM
But she was already playing at least 5 months and in articles her doctor was saying that medication wasnīt helping anymore.

If a DOCTOR says that....who are we to argue?!

Before I said she should have modified her schedule to fit USO in. Her doctor is very mediocre to not have predicted this.
Besides, her medication was not cortisone. She should have gone for this.

spooky
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:43 PM

Knizzle, I knew if no one else could find this you would. Thanks bud.

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:46 PM
Knizzle, I knew if no one else could find this you would. Thanks bud.

Do I know you?? :confused: Not trying to be rude just asking.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:49 PM
Before I said she should have modified her schedule to fit USO in. Her doctor is very mediocre to not have predicted this.
Besides, her medication was not cortisone. She should have gone for this.

Moderate her schedule when she wasnīt even playing after Wimbledon?!

Kart
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:53 PM
Congratulations Kim :) - a good result.

As for Daniela, well no real shame in losing to the world no.1. Better luck next time :).

As for those criticising her for almost crying, what would you have her do ? Burst into song or something ?

bracey
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:57 PM
Moderate her schedule when she wasnīt even playing after Wimbledon?!

If the problem is as incessant as you are implying, she should have looked at her schedule before Wimbledon.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:04 PM
If the problem is as incessant as you are implying, she should have looked at her schedule before Wimbledon.

But she hasnīt played that much before Wimbledon either! Two tournaments: Rome and RG....which one would she have had to skip?!

spooky
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:05 PM

Are you her doctor now! Who are you to say what Serena should have done. That is quite presumptuous of you bracey. You have got some nerve.

spooky
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:11 PM
Do I know you?? :confused: Not trying to be rude just asking.

Yea, you do.

bracey
Are you her doctor now! Who are you to say what Serena should have done. That is quite presumptuous of you bracey. You have got some nerve.

'Anybody can beat Dani. So there's no surprise that Kim beat her. Dani just needs to hand it up for a while and get herself together.'

Who's got the fucking nerve now? "Anyone can beat Dani". There are quite a few that haven't, hypocrite.
By telling Dani she needs to "hand it up for a while", I ask "who are you to tell Dani what to do"?

Bandabou, Rome should be skipped.

sartrista7
OH MY GOOD GOD.

Bandabou and Knizzle, listen to me. That Hantuchova interview you dug up was an OVERWHELMINGLY COMPLIMENTARY one towards Venus. There were no disses in it. NONE. I can't work out whether you're both either completely moronic or ridiculously paranoid to interpret that as a diss, and really, I don't care. As a Venus fan, I like reading that interview, because unlike you, I actually recognise other players' talents. Tell me, the two of you, how the fuck you managed to interpret that as a diss?!

spooky
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:12 PM
But she hasnīt played that much before Wimbledon either! Two tournaments: Rome and RG....which one would she have had to skip?!

Bandabou, please ignore that him. He makes no sence whatsoever.

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:13 PM
Yea, you do.

special??

spooky
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:15 PM
special??

special, very "special"

bracey
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:17 PM
Bandabou, please ignore that him. He makes no sence whatsoever.

Yes, because the above does!

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:18 PM
OH MY GOOD GOD.

Bandabou and Knizzle, listen to me. That Hantuchova interview you dug up was an OVERWHELMINGLY COMPLIMENTARY one towards Venus. There were no disses in it. NONE. I can't work out whether you're both either completely moronic or ridiculously paranoid to interpret that as a diss, and really, I don't care. As a Venus fan, I like reading that interview, because unlike you, I actually recognise other players' talents. Tell me, the two of you, how the fuck you managed to interpret that as a diss?!

I never said she didn't compliment Venus. I never said it was meant to diss Venus either, but anyone with half a brain knows that Venus wouldn't have needed to play unbelievable to beat Dani that day. Don't come at me with that tone because it's not necessary at all.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:18 PM
'Anybody can beat Dani. So there's no surprise that Kim beat her. Dani just needs to hand it up for a while and get herself together.'

Who's got the fucking nerve now? "Anyone can beat Dani". There are quite a few that haven't, hypocrite.
By telling Dani she needs to "hand it up for a while", I ask "who are you to tell Dani what to do"?

Bandabou, Rome should be skipped.

You indeed donīt make any sense. So go into RG without any clay matches on red clay?! Pluuzz....give it up, there wasnīt much Serena could have done differently. In fact she couldnīt have done ANYTHING differently.

bracey
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:20 PM
You indeed donīt make any sense. So go into RG without any clay matches on red clay?! Pluuzz....give it up, there wasnīt much Serena could have done differently. In fact she couldnīt have done ANYTHING differently.

Serena needs no matches to practise on clay if she's this alleged wonder-player you make her out to be. USO and RG or RG and Rome? I know what I'd have chosen.....

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:21 PM
OH MY GOOD GOD.

Just say that Venus played well. Donīt come with that she had to play very special to defeat me! Pluuzz!

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:22 PM
Serena needs no matches to practise on clay if she's this alleged wonder-player you make her out to be. USO and RG or RG and Rome? I know what I'd have chosen.....

Hmm....but how COULD she know that her knee would have gotten that worse by the Open?!

bracey
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:24 PM
Because you've said that this has been an underlying problem for many-a-month!!!! So, I do make sense when I say that if this problem was recognised early on then her doctor should have accounted for this.

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:27 PM
special, very "special"

special as a catwalk draw for Kim Clijsters. :tape:

Tarsius
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:28 PM
Congratulations Kim :) - a good result.

As for Daniela, well no real shame in losing to the world no.1. Better luck next time :).

IMO, this loss is an even bigger shame for her than losing 3 hour sets to Asagoe and Harkleroad. It doesn't matter whether she was facing the world no 1 or a qualifier, 6-1 6-1 against a player that she took to 3 sets in the finals of the same tournament last year is indeed a shameful showing. I dunno, did she come there expecting to lose? If she did then it doesn't matter if the person on the other side of the net is Pete Sampras or Bruna Colosio (sp?), you will get roughly the same result. Anybody who played even half decent tennis will not get a score like that, especially not one thats supposed to be at this high a level of tennis.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:32 PM
Because you've said that this has been an underlying problem for many-a-month!!!! So, I do make sense when I say that if this problem was recognised early on then her doctor should have accounted for this.

In any case....nothing we, she or anybody can do about it anymore.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:36 PM
IMO, this loss is an even bigger shame for her than losing 3 hour sets to Asagoe and Harkleroad. It doesn't matter whether she was facing the world no 1 or a qualifier, 6-1 6-1 against a player that she took to 3 sets in the finals of the same tournament last year is indeed a shameful showing. I dunno, did she come there expecting to lose? If she did then it doesn't matter if the person on the other side of the net is Pete Sampras or Bruna Colosio (sp?), you will get roughly the same result. Anybody who played even half decent tennis will not get a score like that, especially not one thats supposed to be at this high a level of tennis.

No kidding! She hit only one winner, Kim won at least FOUR games at love...pathetic showing by Dani!

shnit.
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:37 PM
r-e-s-p-e-c-t people..want your favorite player(s)to be respected..respect theirs too..don't say crap about other's fav. players...

and i really think the daniela interview was a compliment to venus..nothing wrong about that..

i think that dani is really improving since the wimbledon and will get back to her old form or even better and will also get back to the top ten.it will take some time though,but i believe it will happen..

sartrista7
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:37 PM
Just say that Venus played well. Donīt come with that she had to play very special to defeat me! Pluuzz!

Given the amount of credit YOUR favourite player has historically given her opponents, I don't think you should be requesting others to give any more credit than they already do. Double standards, or whatever phrase you throw around.

Knizzle, this quote stuck in your mind - and you knew where to find it - like, what is this? Nearly TWO YEARS later. I barely remember it! Good lord, it's a press conference - does anyone really pay attention to what these kids say, like, minutes out of their matches? You know what Dani said is meaningless. Let it go already.

(It got to you, anyway. Because you know that if Dani ever fulfils her potential, Venus will have to be at 100% to deal with her.)

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:43 PM
Given the amount of credit YOUR favourite player has historically given her opponents, I don't think you should be requesting others to give any more credit than they already do. Double standards, or whatever phrase you throw around.

Knizzle, this quote stuck in your mind - and you knew where to find it - like, what is this? Nearly TWO YEARS later. I barely remember it! Good lord, it's a press conference - does anyone really pay attention to what these kids say, like, minutes out of their matches? You know what Dani said is meaningless. Let it go already.

(It got to you, anyway. Because you know that if Dani ever fulfils her potential, Venus will have to be at 100% to deal with her.)

Dang, you have no sense of time and space do you?? That was in January of 2003, and I didn't remember the quote. I never even knew that she said it until I saw it being discussed in this thread. I got the interview from the Aussie Open website, that was a no-brainer. As far as Dani fulfilling her potential, I don't agree that Venus would need to be 100% to beat her, but if Dani ever fulfills her potential we will see.

dhnet2
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:51 PM

I don't think Daniela ever goes on court thinking she can't win, but she did go into the match looking about as nervous as a player could possibly be.

It's a super fast court and not the kind of court you have the time to recover your game on if you game plan goes wrong right at the start of the match. Look at how Capriati struggled on the same court in the next match.

I'm not making excuses for Daniela just for the sake of it. Fact is she shouldn't be playing. Many of her fans think that as well. She should have stopped playing after Wimbledon to try and sort her on court and off court problems out.

But she's a fighter, it probably never entered her head to withdraw from the tour and she probably ignored anyone who suggested it to her.

One way or the other sooner or later Daniela will be back at the top! Kim, Justine, Serena and Venus all know that! :)

sartrista7
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:55 PM
Dang, you have no sense of time and space do you??

Dang, no, because I've drunk the best part of a (very nice) bottle of wine so far this evening. And still I'm laughing at you!

Instead of holding strange, strange grudges against any player who doesn't kiss Williams ass, you should lighten up. Maybe if you go get laid you'd realise that pretty much every page in this thread has been a waste of your time. :)

(Yeah, I'm wasting my time as well... tonight is my slacking night. After all, I've only edited a magazine this week :D )

dhnet2
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:58 PM
As far as Dani fulfilling her potential, I don't agree that Venus would need to be 100% to beat her, but if Dani ever fulfills her potential we will see.

Truth is Venus did play supremely well that day against Daniela, particularly with her serving which was phenomenal, justifying what Daniela said in that interview. Venus also played extremely well against Daniela at Antwerp weeks later. For those two matches Daniela was still somewhere near her best, she still had the confidence she has lost now. Those two matches were the start of her losing it.

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:59 PM
Dang, no, because I've drunk the best part of a (very nice) bottle of wine so far this evening. And still I'm laughing at you!

Instead of holding strange, strange grudges against any player who doesn't kiss Williams ass, you should lighten up. Maybe if you go get laid you'd realise that pretty much every page in this thread has been a waste of your time. :)

(Yeah, I'm wasting my time as well... tonight is my slacking night. After all, I've only edited a magazine this week :D )

I guess I should aspire to be just like you. :worship:

sartrista7
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:59 PM
I guess I should aspire to be just like you. :worship:

Damn right you should. Everyone should! :D

Knizzle
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:00 AM
Truth is Venus did play supremely well that day against Daniela, particularly with her serving which was phenomenal, justifying what Daniela said in that interview. Venus also played extremely well against Daniela at Antwerp weeks later. For those two matches Daniela was still somewhere near her best, she still had the confidence she has lost now. Those two matches were the start of her losing it.

Venus didn't seem to think so though.

Knizzle
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:01 AM
Damn right you should. Everyone should! :D

Agreed. :yeah:

dhnet2
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:03 AM
Venus didn't seem to think so though.

Then Venus is modest ;) C'mon her serving was on a different planet that day.

Kart
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:04 AM

Losing to anyone 6-1, 6-1 is, of course, disappointing. My point is though that she at least lost to someone who was expected to beat her unlike Asagoe and Harkleroad. I wasn't really meaning the scoreline.

Re: taking Kim to three sets before - that was a year ago, Kim has improved out of sight since then, Daniela, sadly, has not.

bandabou
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:07 AM
I donīt think that Daniela will ever reach the level Venus has displayed at her best. She can be a real player, but few players have reached Venus-level in their careers.

dhnet2
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:15 AM
few players have reached Venus-level in their careers.

And no doubt Daniela would agree 100% with that fact ;)

bandabou
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:19 AM
And no doubt Daniela would agree 100% with that fact ;)

question remains: will Dani reach that level?! Me says no...

dhnet2
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:45 AM
question remains: will Dani reach that level?! Me says no...

Who can say! Of course Daniela's fans think she is the most naturally gifted of all the players currently on the tour but there's no way to tell how long it will take to overcome her current problems is there. Playing 24,25,26 tournaments in a year, having 3 weeks off and then starting all over again isn't a good way of competing with Venus and Serena and their more sensible schedules IMO.

Will she reach that level? Are you forgetting that in 2002 she was already pretty close? Didn't Serena say that the match against Daniela at Wimbledon 2002 was one of her best ever? Either Serena said it or I've read some of her fans saying it.

Daniela has the natural talent to be that good yes :) But Venus and Serena also have great mental strength don't they. And that's not exactly Daniela's main asset at the moment shall we say :(

shnit.
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:46 AM
well..me says yes..and the people who supports her too will say yes..she has the potential to be one of the best players..infact she did become one of the best players..she is still for us..she just have somethings to sort out and improve on because i know and we all know that she is having a crapy year but i bet ya she will get back..ü

bandabou
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:50 AM
Who can say! Of course Daniela's fans think she is the most naturally gifted of all the players currently on the tour but there's no way to tell how long it will take to overcome her current problems is there. Playing 24,25,26 tournaments in a year, having 3 weeks off and then starting all over again isn't a good way of competing with Venus and Serena and their more sensible schedules IMO.

Will she reach that level? Are you forgetting that in 2002 she was already pretty close? Didn't Serena say that the match against Daniela at Wimbledon 2002 was one of her best ever? Either Serena said it or I've read some of her fans saying it.

Daniela has the natural talent to be that good yes :) But Venus and Serena also have great mental strength don't they. And that's not exactly Daniela's main asset at the moment shall we say :(

I thought Serena said that about her semi against Amelie. Dani was pretty close to whom?! She was close to someone, but that person wasnīt Serena....īcause both times in ī02 Dani got smoked 6-3 6-2 and 6-2 6-2. But youīre right..Dani can be good, if she ever gets her head straight.

dhnet2
Oct 10th, 2003, 01:10 AM
I thought Serena said that about her semi against Amelie. Dani was pretty close to whom?! She was close to someone, but that person wasnīt Serena....īcause both times in ī02 Dani got smoked 6-3 6-2 and 6-2 6-2. But youīre right..Dani can be good, if she ever gets her head straight.

Better than good ;) At her best she plays tennis like no-one else. Remember when she had Capriati running all over the court chasing balls in Toronto 2001 - when Jennifer was the holder of two of the last three Slam titles, when Daniela had the world's best 2nd serve - and one of the best backhands - and when she was not slow around the court like she is described as being now.

Yes, that 6-3 6-2 scoreline disguised the fact that both Daniela and Serena played fanstastic tennis that day. I have seen some of Serena's fans saying it was one of her best ever.

Daniela will be great again - right now she is knackered, she played too much tennis last year and all her problems this year started from that imo. She and her coach will never admit it.

Watch out when she gets back to her best ok - she will have days like yesterday to eradicate from her memory! So beware ;)

disposablehero
Oct 10th, 2003, 01:19 AM
Kim was explosive and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Her injury was non-existent and there's no shame in losing to a great player like her.

This doesn't surprise me in the least. Kim may play lots of tournaments, but she does not play injured. The only way she would have played here was with 100% health. How often do you hear of a player retiring with injury 2 games away from winning a match?

bandabou
Oct 10th, 2003, 01:26 AM
Better than good ;) At her best she plays tennis like no-one else. Remember when she had Capriati running all over the court chasing balls in Toronto 2001 - when Jennifer was the holder of two of the last three Slam titles, when Daniela had the world's best 2nd serve - and one of the best backhands - and when she was not slow around the court like she is described as being now.

Yes, that 6-3 6-2 scoreline disguised the fact that both Daniela and Serena played fanstastic tennis that day. I have seen some of Serena's fans saying it was one of her best ever.

Daniela will be great again - right now she is knackered, she played too much tennis last year and all her problems this year started from that imo. She and her coach will never admit it.

Watch out when she gets back to her best ok - she will have days like yesterday to eradicate from her memory! So beware ;)

Thatīs the spirit! Iīd be a shame to see a talent like that go to waist.

Sam L
Oct 10th, 2003, 01:27 AM
If anyone wants to know where Dani's career went wrong, it happened just about sometime between the Australian Open QF and her subsequent appearance in fur.

Ahem, I believe there is a lesson to be learnt here.

bandabou
Oct 10th, 2003, 01:29 AM
If anyone wants to know where Dani's career went wrong, it happened just about sometime between the Australian Open QF and her subsequent appearance in fur.

Ahem, I believe there is a lesson to be learnt here.

Iīm telling you...Dani let the fame get to her. She thought that she was ready for Venus, but the way she was declassed and was declassed again Antwerp, left her with some SERIOUS issues.

JLDementieva
Oct 10th, 2003, 04:02 AM
blah blah blah, just because Dani lost a really bad match, we're saying all this crap about her?