PDA

View Full Version : Why did Jelena DOkic and Nadia Petrova brak up???

full_moon
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:59 AM
THATS WHAT I WANT TO KNOW, they reached 3 consecutive finals last season at Moscow, Zurich and Linz, reached Two Tier ! semifinals this year at Indian Wells and Rome, (where they went onto the final, eventually losing to Kuz/Nav,) and managed to reach #5 on the race, then suddenly, after Wimbledon, they break up. The breka has caused both a bit of turmoil in their doubles careers, DOKIC has had extremely bad success since the split, however Petrova is regaining her ways with Shaughnessy, capturing MOSCOW!!
WHY DID THEY BREAK UP, when they were a major force together!!?!??!

switz
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:13 AM
i think one of them was pissed about another not trying hard enough or something. that wasn't a vague explanation was it?

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:21 AM
it was during Wimbledon
Jelena had just lost her match to Sharapova and they had a doubles match a bit later.

it was a dreadful performance. Jelena's head was elsewhere, they didnt comunicate much then either.

and that was that.

i only saw a little and left it was that bad.

SuperG
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:08 AM
they will play together again at Linz in two weeks !

Gowza
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:13 AM
they've had pretty good results and that's with jelena being in poor and inconsistent form and nadia being inconsistent so imagine how good they could be if they fix those things (which i'm sure they will). hopefully they'll play again, it would be unfortunate if they didn't.

Mateo Mathieu
Oct 9th, 2003, 12:47 PM
I hope they team up again at Linz because they won two titles in last two years!

Navratilova
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:07 PM
For a second there reading the topic title I thought you know something about the punk Jelena and Nadia that I didn't...

tennisjam
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:38 PM
'cause Jelena is playing like a crap :confused:

Car Key Boi
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:08 PM
they will play together again at Linz in two weeks !

REMINDER: SuperG=Gerhard

Gerhard aka Dickass was the focus In This Link :)

ITT, the FTS's and death threat blah that shame tennisrulz.com (and the Car Key Boi OWNING Glyn for being a Homophobic Tard) (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=89325)

so Gerhard, it was yuo who fabricated the death threat, right?

- Car Key Boi http://carkeyboi.com/dump/digtbk.gif

UDiTY
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:11 PM
I was wondering that too...

Also Raymond/Stubbs are back together!??!?! :confused:

I thought they were done, forever?

Leo_DFP
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:21 AM
Sad news about Dokic/Petrova, they were one of my favorite up-coming teams.

Martian KC
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:31 AM
I hope Nadia picks a new partner.:p

Doc
Oct 10th, 2003, 04:32 AM
I hope Nadia picks a new partner
What's wrong with Meghann?