PDA

View Full Version : Dungy made Williams reference

Brian Stewart
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:40 AM
For those of you not into the NFL, Tony Dungy is the head coach of the Indianapolis Colts. Before that, he spent several years coaching the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Monday night, his Colts rallied from a 3-touchdown deficit in the final 4 minutes against his former charges.

In his post-game press conference, Dungy was talking about how close he was to many of the Buccaneers players. He said he understood how Venus and Serena Williams feel when they play each other. You're happy to win, but at the same time sad for the opponent. You don't enjoy the victory as much as you would against someone you weren't so close to.

Anybody else catch the interview?

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:44 AM
I didn't see it, but everyone loves the Williams sisters, well almost everyone. :rolleyes:

Volcana
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:12 AM
Interesting. I guess there's a point beyond fame when you just become a casual reference point. People in completely unrelated areas refer to you in passing, expecting everyone to know who you are.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:38 AM
Interesting. I guess there's a point beyiond fame when you just become a casual reference point. People in completely unrelated areas refer to you in passing, expecting everyone to know who you are.

Yep, this isn´t fame anymore.....this is beyond fame.

Sam L
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:50 AM
They're definitely a phenomenon that's for sure. :)

Infiniti2001
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:14 PM
I'm not a football fan, but a friend sent me an email about it. Interesting :p

Ballbuster
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:00 PM
I seen that game. (I'll watch anything except hockey). Tampa unloaded on Indianapolis. They were up 24-6 by halftime. I just knew it was a done deal with Tampa's defense and all. The all of a sudden the Colts came alive!!!

That was special. More like watching a blow out in the first set by a favorite only to lose the next two.

Tony and Tampa have a special love affair. But then again, Tony's so mild mannered and he's an all around nice guy, I'm sure he and the Williams sisters met. Tampa is a small town and the sistahs are not that far away.

Nonetheless, he needs to divorce Tampa. They move on.

Mad-About-Venus
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:02 PM
I didn't see it, but everyone loves the Williams sisters, well almost everyone. :rolleyes:

I do. Madly.

Rocketta
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:55 PM
Well that's just :cool:

GANGSTABACKHAND!
Oct 9th, 2003, 03:41 PM
'nuff said!! I think this is the first time i've read a thread on the williamssisters that did not reak of negativity. congratulations, hope i didn't say that too soon!

Rocketta
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:39 PM
'nuff said!! I think this is the first time i've read a thread on the williamssisters that did not reak of negativity. congratulations, hope i didn't say that too soon!

eh, if it happens then it will be all your fault for talking it up...;)

*JR*
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:19 PM
Tony is a class guy. I was disappointed when he got passed ova by the Eagles in favor of Ray Rhodes (a total flop) the year B4 Tampa hired him. In fact, that's when I started liking the Bucs, though it took Chucky to bring the trophy there. (No, not THAT Chucky)! :devil:

persond
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:30 PM
Again, it just confirms what the Williams' fans have been saying all the while...!!! Their fame transcends the sport of tennis...!!! :worship: :worship:

persond
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:18 PM
Well we heard about them for more than 10 years, is it supposed to be a surprise or a big deal that they are famous.

And so, the "scourge" of the board breezes through and with venom to spare...!!!

Pureracket
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:31 PM
Persond,
You silly. . . .LOL!!!!!

Meg22
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:42 PM
Hi,
I'm a newy here from Belgium where I love VENUUUUUSSSSsssssss
and Serena too;
It's good to heard great things about them
Even if we can't see them .

Keep loving them
And they would be back earlier.

Rocketta
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:44 PM
Hi,
and Serena too;

Keep loving them

Wow, a Belgian Williams first fan! Welcome! :wavey:

persond
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:13 PM
Hi,
and Serena too;

Keep loving them

Welcome Meg22, and hope to see your support of the Sisters in your future postings...!!! Oh, and by the way, buckle-up, cause the ride will be "bumpy"...!!!

Meg22
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:41 PM
Thanks a lot !!!
I'll try to come here as often as I can.
Showing my support for the Sisters, espacally for Vee,
'cause I thing she is too often forget when talk about great players.

Yes, one speaks about her, but generally in partnership with her sister. Like if of herself, she did not offer any interest.
BUT SHE SURELY DOES !!!!

Rocketta
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:10 AM
Thanks a lot !!!
I'll try to come here as often as I can.
Showing my support for the Sisters, espacally for Vee,
'cause I thing she is too often forget when talk about great players.

Yes, one speaks about her, but generally in partnership with her sister. Like if of herself, she did not offer any interest.
BUT SHE SURELY DOES !!!!

You are so Correct! :)