PDA

View Full Version : How many players have defeated every #1 player since 2000?

DA FOREHAND
Oct 8th, 2003, 05:41 PM
In other words is there a player who has defeated the number one player, while that player was ranked #1. :wavey:

lizchris
Oct 8th, 2003, 05:45 PM
The only person I can think of is Serena, but she hasn't defeated Kim since she became number one.

joao
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Wasn't Testud known for beating the #1 players the week right before they became #1?

Venus while #1 was defeated only by Serena and Kim ... Testud defeated her in Dubai, 2 days before she became #1 ...

Serena while #1 was defeated only by Kim, Mauresmo and Henin

Davenport was #1 a couple of times in 2000 but her only defeat was actually a w/o in Rome (against Casioni). Davenport had surgery right after she became #1 in Munich 2001 ... she didn't play while #1 after that.

Capriati while #1 was defeated by Testud (2 days before she became #1 in Filderstadt 2001 and in Munich 2001), Davenport (Zurich 2001), Stevenson (Sydney 2002) and Serena (Miami 2002).

Kim while #1 has been defeated so far by Krasnoroutskaya (in Toronto, the following week she became #1), Henin and Myskina.

So nobody really has beaten each #1 player since 2000.

Knizzle
Oct 8th, 2003, 08:10 PM
Wasn't Testud known for beating the #1 players the week right before they became #1?

Venus while #1 was defeated only by Serena and Kim ... Testud defeated her in Dubai, 2 days before she became #1 ...

Serena while #1 was defeated only by Kim, Mauresmo and Henin

Davenport was #1 a couple of times in 2000 but her only defeat was actually a w/o in Rome (against Casioni). Davenport had surgery right after she became #1 in Munich 2001 ... she didn't play while #1 after that.

Capriati while #1 was defeated by Testud (2 days before she became #1 in Filderstadt 2001 and in Munich 2001), Davenport (Zurich 2001), Stevenson (Sydney 2002) and Serena (Miami 2002).

Kim while #1 has been defeated so far by Krasnoroutskaya (in Toronto, the following week she became #1), Henin and Myskina.

So nobody really has beaten each #1 player since 2000.

Rubin beat #1 Serena also.

TonyP
Oct 8th, 2003, 11:34 PM
Testud never beat Hingis, ever.

alexusjonesfan
Oct 8th, 2003, 11:41 PM
DA FOREHAND, don't tell me you've defeated every no.1 player since 2000:eek:

VS Fan
Oct 8th, 2003, 11:54 PM
I think this question is answered by "Serena and only Serena" since 2000. She has beated EVERY player ranked #1 at least once since 2000.

I know that she has NOT beaten Kim yet, but since they HAVE NOT PLAYED since Kim became #1, it must be noted that she also has not lost to Kim since she became #1.

USST_TOUR
Oct 8th, 2003, 11:58 PM
Chanda beat Serena who was No. 1 at JP Morgan Chase Open 2002!

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2003, 12:03 AM
I think this question is answered by "Serena and only Serena" since 2000. She has beated EVERY player ranked #1 at least once since 2000.

I know that she has NOT beaten Kim yet, but since they HAVE NOT PLAYED since Kim became #1, it must be noted that she also has not lost to Kim since she became #1.

Yeah, Serena is the only one to have defeated every no.1 when they were no.1: Hingis, Lindsay, Jen, Venus...pretty impressive.

VS Fan
Oct 9th, 2003, 12:07 AM
I am aware tht Serena lost to Chandra, as well as several other players.

However, in the original post question, at least the way I read it was "who had at least one WIN over EVERY #1 player during the period while that player was ranked #1."

Example: Serena has won vs Martina, Jennifer, Venus, Lindsay, while they were #1. Hmmm. the Lindsay thing was a walkover so it probably doesn't count!

PierceCheng
Oct 9th, 2003, 06:01 AM
I remember Mary Pierce defeat Martina Hingis in semi finals of Roland Garros 2000 (after she defeat Conchita Martinez to take out champion in final). :bounce: :hearts: :inlove: :kiss: :yeah: :woohoo: :wavey:

Trish101
Oct 9th, 2003, 06:07 AM
Mary never Beat Jenny...Jen has also beaten every player on that list with the exception of Venus.....but then again Venus and Jen never play REALLY...so it shouldnt count!

Trish101
Oct 9th, 2003, 06:18 AM
besides, venus plays like a man, and men arent allowed to play on the wta tour...she should just change her name to "Veron" and go to the atp where she belongs...and leave womens tennis to reallll woman

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 06:47 AM
Mary never Beat Jenny...Jen has also beaten every player on that list with the exception of Venus.....but then again Venus and Jen never play REALLY...so it shouldnt count!

The thread is about beating players when they were #1. Jenn never beat Serena when she was #1. I'm not sure whether she beat Davy when she was #1.

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 06:48 AM
besides, venus plays like a man, and men arent allowed to play on the wta tour...she should just change her name to "Veron" and go to the atp where she belongs...and leave womens tennis to reallll woman

You can't stand that Venus beats Cappy down like a bad stepchild.

persond
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:00 AM
You can't stand that Venus beats Cappy down like a bad stepchild.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Trish101
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:10 AM
ok, i see this thread is going to hell, right where it should go...so why dont we change the subject to me...or more specifically, my body... Knizzle you say im just as muscular as Serena, i think youre full of shit. Well let me prove that im not, and that i look wayyyy better. You be the judge!

well how about i start with all the magazine covers ive graced??? i have over 50+ cover shots, and ill give you a taste of some of them, just click on the link and be amazed! :lol:

http://www.trishstratus.com/gallery/covers/

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:15 AM
ok, i see this thread is going to hell, right where it should go...so why dont we change the subject to me...or more specifically, my body... Knizzle you say im just as muscular as Serena, i think youre full of shit. Well let me prove that im not, and that i look wayyyy better. You be the judge!

well how about i start with all the magazine covers ive graced??? i have over 50+ cover shots, and ill give you a taste of some of them, just click on the link and be amazed! :lol:

http://www.trishstratus.com/gallery/covers/

Are these the only pictures you have of yourself?? I would take Serena over you anyday, but that's just my personal preference. Your arms are just a thick and toned as Serena's, maybe more. Your abs are more defined also. Yes, you are more muscular than Serena. She's a tennis player so that's natural.

Trish101
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:17 AM
you'll see im in both, american , Uk, and canadian magazines, including FHM, Maxim (dont have it in the gallery, but ill post it later on, promise ;)!) im also featured in comics and stuff so im no pushover!

you can also chek the rest of my site out, i spend a LOT of time on there when im online, in fact im updating the site now!...im on an online internet poll of the 100 sexiest women...im 71 right now so VOTE TRISH! and get me to #1!!!!!

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:19 AM
you'll see im in both, american , Uk, and canadian magazines, including FHM, Maxim (dont have it in the gallery, but ill post it later on, promise ;)!) im also featured in comics and stuff so im no pushover!

you can also chek the rest of my site out, i spend a LOT of time on there when im online, in fact im updating the site now!...im on an online internet poll of the 100 sexiest women...im 71 right now so VOTE TRISH! and get me to #1!!!!!

I meant that I thought you would have personal photos to post.

Trish101
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:28 AM
listen, i dont weight lift, believe it or not, i do however do extensive cardio and i do work my abs/mid section twice to three times a week....i cant be fat you know! But i am not as muscular as Serena, sorry but shes much more toned than me...she looks like she pumps iron, i dont, i did, but i just dont have the time anymore, im on the road and it doesnt work well in my proffesion...being lean and mean is enough. I do however have big arms, there strong and my stomachs hard as a rock, like i said though, i am a wrestler and i need to be fit.

Now about personal pictures, like i said i have a DVD out right now available @ all FYI stores around the U.S but i dont post private photos to the public to scrutinize, there my own and there private, sorry. BUT id be more than hapy to show you some more, well revealing pictures if youd like Knizzle? ;)

Trish101
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:32 AM
but then., tell me , which cover do you like best? Some say i look my best posing in a bikini, while others like my lengerie covers...so which is it? If you want my personal opinion, i like Annas covers, she just has that Angel face whicch is classic, i have a more sultry, more mature look....its a different look, but we both have stunning bodies!

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:34 AM
listen, i dont weight lift, believe it or not, i do however do extensive cardio and i do work my abs/mid section twice to three times a week....i cant be fat you know! But i am not as muscular as Serena, sorry but shes much more toned than me...she looks like she pumps iron, i dont, i did, but i just dont have the time anymore, im on the road and it doesnt work well in my proffesion...being lean and mean is enough. I do however have big arms, there strong and my stomachs hard as a rock, like i said though, i am a wrestler and i need to be fit.

Now about personal pictures, like i said i have a DVD out right now available @ all FYI stores around the U.S but i dont post private photos to the public to scrutinize, there my own and there private, sorry. BUT id be more than hapy to show you some more, well revealing pictures if youd like Knizzle? ;)

That would be quite nice, but not necessary. It wouldn't be fair to you if everytime we talked on the board I had a mental picture of you naked in my head.

P.S. You may not lift weights, but there are other ways to get strong arm muscles. Serena says she and Venus don't lift either.

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:42 AM
Actually I like the ones where you are revealing just enough, but leaving some to the imagination. My favs are the October 2003 Raw, the Divas minimag, the shopzone mag, the Vue, the Feb 2003 with Brock Lesner, Replay 2002, 9-15 TV guide, Sep 2002 Raw, oh I'm rambling now. :drool:

Trish101
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:43 AM
Well i think youre a gentleman and very sweet as well. I guess i was testing you, but i see you passed with flying colours! You seem to care and are very patient with me, when you should be a jerk, and since you have been so sweet id be honoured if you would accept my e-mail. Id love to talk to you about the williams and tennis in general, and even about fitness in general really, im an avid fitness & health advocate and i just love having fun...so how about it?

Trishiastratus101@hotmail.com

ttyl Knizzle! ;)

Trish101
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:46 AM
oooh and thanks for the feedback, the Raw2003 cover is a favorite of mine as well!- i play a very strong, independant yet fun character....and i hope that we can get to know each other better as time goes on, like i said youre very sweet! :kiss:

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:47 AM
Well i think youre a gentleman and very sweet as well. I guess i was testing you, but i see you passed with flying colours! You seem to care and are very patient with me, when you should be a jerk, and since you have been so sweet id be honoured if you would accept my e-mail. Id love to talk to you about the williams and tennis in general, and even about fitness in general really, im an avid fitness & health advocate and i just love having fun...so how about it?

Trishiastratus101@hotmail.com

ttyl Knizzle! ;)

Damn women!! Always testing us!! Here's my hotmail addy. I use MSN, but I don't IM except to my brother, but if you want to IM instead of talking on the board let me know. Knizzle_28@hotmail.com

Trish101
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:52 AM
sounds great, we can IM right now if you want, im not logged on give me a sec!

but yeah, dont be shy!

Knizzle
Oct 9th, 2003, 07:53 AM
sounds great, we can IM right now if you want, im not logged on give me a sec!

but yeah, dont be shy!

It's about time for me to go to sleep now. You must be on the west coast. No??

Trish101
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:02 AM
ight, im online, so whenever, if you want to talk, it be much...well faster. ill be on for 20 more minutes, then im off to bed!

Trish101
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:04 AM
no-east coast, Toronto...!

DA FOREHAND
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:11 PM
Do you breast implants?